[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /x/, First time poster here with a sleeping problem. There's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Hey-man-you-forgot-your-camera.jpg (40KB, 640x438px) Image search: [Google]
Hey-man-you-forgot-your-camera.jpg
40KB, 640x438px
Hi /x/,
First time poster here with a sleeping problem.
There's an entity that jumps on my bed and stands over my body. I wouldn't have brought it up if this hasn't happened the 5th time in the last 2 years and in two different houses.
The entity is heavier than a cat, but lighter than say a common mutt, from what I've been able to notice when it steps on the mattress next to my legs and arms. There's a slight warmth and a dim glow radiating from it too.
The problem is that I'm conscious when it comes, but unable to act or open my eyes from fear paralysis. I don't take any drugs (other than tobacco and alcohol) and have no history of mental illness in family. I have seen a lot of nightmares and during my early years, but this is something new.

Does anyone have a similar experience? Or at least point me towards where this sort of thing is explained.
>>
>>18031980
It's just sleep paralysis, try not to overthink sleeping as stupid as that seems. Also try not to sleep "like a corpse" ie flat on your back, arms at your side. I've noticed that when I worry about sleep paralysis, it happens more often, which is kind of shitty information I suppose.

Eventually you get used to it. Everyone sees hallucinations during it and the most common/shared one is a figure that stands either near them or lays on their chest, often having some "weight" to them, more often then not being some kind of "shadow creature". It's no biggie man, it's just what happens when your mind thinks you're sleeping a little too early.
>>
>>18031980

See

>>18032025

Sleep Paralysis is basically your brain trying to make up reasons for your body not obeying it.
>>
>>18032025
Also, as an added thing, a lot of people hear kind of a "wooshing" noise in their ears, like wind, the same "noise" you hear when you squeeze your eyes shut really hard.
>>
As I said, there's no noise, no shadowy silhouette - just pressure on the mattress and warmth. It happened between 3-4am this and last time, and I get exercise during the day (to go to sleep tired). Also usually sleep in fetal position or on stomach.
>>
>>18032050
It's probably still sleep paralysis. Since you're technically in a dream-like state, possibilities are endless. Call me a skeptic but it doesn't sound like it's at all oppressive in nature so it's probably just a benign hallucination. Sleep paralysis occurs throughout the entire sleep process, so it could account for you "waking up" in the middle of the night or at any point really, but not fully waking up. The one thing that would be a big distinction as to it NOT being sleep paralysis, is if you weren't numb/paralyzed during your encounter. If it happens again, try to wiggle your toes, and move your arms. If it feels like they weigh a billion pounds and you a combination of just hitting your funnybone/sitting on your foot, then it's sleep paralysis. If you have full range of movement, or absolutely cannot move at all, then maybe it's something more spooky.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.