[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my little brother died of a pulmonary embolism a few years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Brothers01.jpg (68KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
Brothers01.jpg
68KB, 400x386px
So my little brother died of a pulmonary embolism a few years ago. We were hiking near Zion National Park in Utah, when he suddenly collapsed. I always carry my ham radio when hiking and was able to call for help, but it still took them nearly an hour to arrive. It's an hour I remember better than anything else - permanently burned into my memory. An hour I spent helplessly watching my brother die. You don't forget something like that.

But today I woke up and found out my little brother is alive and well, studying art at a college in New England. Nobody else in my family seems to remember him dying. Like I slipped into an alternate universe where he's still alive.

I should be grateful... you know, he gets a second chance, but I am very disturbed. Something doesn't feel right. I haven't tried contacting him yet, and I'm not sure if I should.

Thoughts?
>>
You're full of shit, I can smell it.
>>
>>18031881
False memories are a serious symptom of brain problems. I'm not joking, see a neurologist.
>>
Did you hear about the Mandela effect? It looks something similar like what happenened to you... sorry for bad english
>>
>>18031904
yeah, but the mandela effect is always for stupid shit, like the berenstain bears or what darth vader says to luke. This seems a little more serious than that
>>
>>18031881

Call sign or it didn't happen.

t. extra class licensee
>>
File: UncleSteve.png (407KB, 606x614px) Image search: [Google]
UncleSteve.png
407KB, 606x614px
>>18031881
It happens. Just shake it off, and get used to this reality now. By all physical accounts "its always been this way," for all the inhabitants there. If you push for an explanation, you might just get one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbVvF5wWqf0

So don't worry about it.
>>
>>18031881
How many years ago do you think he died? Does the family have photographs or videos of him since you think it happened? Look at them and maybe that will help.
>>
>>18031881
this was already a story on r/nosleep
It was called plotholes and basically they happen all the time apparently
(although they happened within days in that story)

Point is, you're not original
>>
>>18031881
>studying art at a college
>studying art
>art
You weren't given a second chance OP, you were transported to the far worse, nightmare universe where your brother is useless fag.
>>
>>18031903
Somewhat related, I heard somewhere that most of our memory is made up. Like it's all specific groups of neutrons that remember super specific things, like a face, or a sound, but when you have a memory of an event, 90% of it is bullshit made up by your brain to kind of "fill in the blanks". We don't actually remember things vividly, we just remember a couple key specific things that we then associate with those neuron groups, and then our mind kind of deletes the rest of the "nonimportant" shit and then if we ever remember that scene/event our mind remembers the original important parts, and then fills in the rest with literal garbage.

It's why it's super easy for memory imprinting to occur.
>>
>>18031972
He said art, not gender studies.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.