[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /x/ how do you tell the difference between seeing ghosts,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 2

File: download (3).jpg (12KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
12KB, 224x225px
Alright /x/ how do you tell the difference between seeing ghosts, demons, or aliens or just being a raving schizophrenic? I'm not trying to take the piss out of ya, just genuinely curious
>>
Bump, I'm interested
>>
Ghosts, demons, and aliens aren't real. Therefore, the only people that see them are schizophrenics. Of course there are liars and attention whores who make claims to see them as well but these people are simply roleplaying to escape the drudgery of everyday existence.
>>
>>18030313
but schizos very rarely have visual hallucinations...

Anyway I did have an interesting thought. Maybe the voices Schizos hear are real and that's why different cultures have completely different voices.

Americans hear angry voices encouraging them to kill and hurt others. Africans tend to hear happier voices-- typically of their ancestors.
>>
>>18030320
>>18030313
>inb4 culture
Maybe. Probably.
But then you wouldn't expect majorities to form like this.
If there was a cultural component you'd expect the voices to have some "diversity" in America. You never hear of a Schizo with happy voices here.
If it were genetic then why are African American voices aggressive as shit?

The first thing I want is a study conducted on African schizos after they migrated to the United States. Or vice-versa.
>>
>>18030320
You're shitting me. I'm not even schizophrenic, as far as I know, and I see shit that's not there all the time. I thought it was vice versa, with auditory being like finding cut diamonds in the dumpster of a planned parenthood clinic, I never have heard voices or anything but pretty much every day, I see faces in the mirror, huddled up people in corners, floating faces, etc and they of course immediately go away when I actually try to look at them and I don't believe their real. The more you know.
>>
you just, wow that is interesting.
>>
>>18030342
Theres quite a few psychotic disorders that manifest that way.
You could be a Schizo but there are other likely candidates.
>>
>>18030342
Same. I see shit all the time too. So many cats.
>>
>>18030320
>but schizos very rarely have visual hallucinations...
Where do you get that from?
There's a lot of schizos, that have visual hallucinations, and even sound or smell hallucinations.

>>18030267
I think it's very hard to draw the line between seeing ghost ect. and being metal-ill.
In the end it comes down to what you choose to believe in. It's pretty hard do prove something, that exist in the mind/exist on a spiritual level, is true or false/right or wrong.
>>
well what if all hallucinations ar true. what if we can't percieve them with ordinary perception? maybe some substances (psylocibin for eg.) allow us to "tune in" on that emanation of reality and schizos are cursed/blessed to percieve them 24/7
i heard norda called people with mentall illnesess "one touched by gods". it really makes you think
>>
>>18030313
>Extremely vast universe
>aliens aren't real

Sure friend, just because you haven't seen an alien means them existing out there is a ridiculous thing for anyone to believe
>>
>>18030313
How do you know what you see as "reality" isn't schizophrenia?
>well everyone else is like me
In a schizos reality, people agree with them too.

Good luck figuring that out
>>
>>18030267
A schizophrenic can't distinguish between what is a hallucination and what isn't. It's all the same to them. Where as someone who has had paranormal experiences, they can distinguish between what is real and what is fake and therefore will question the paranormal experience they had.
>>
>>18030267
If two or more people "hallucinate" the same experience, then it's real, for them.

That's why it's called a consensus reality.
>>
File: 1469708766219.png (75KB, 198x198px)
1469708766219.png
75KB, 198x198px
>>18031166
Okay. So if you believe someone, then they're normal. But if you doubt them, then they're delusional.

THAT MAKES SENSE.
>>
Our identities are a hallucination.
>>
I'm a schizo, but when I go crazy I just hear voices telling me telepathically that I'm god and I get delusional about being the messiahs and shit, so I don't know about ghotsts demons or aliens.. well maybe demons who knows, but they always seemed very nice.
>>
>>18031228
Do you think you might be a messiah in some way?
>>
>>18031234
I dunno, how should I know? It's improbable I guess? But it felt very true and still does in a way, well it's strange..
>>
>>18031246
Have you ever had a unique experience while talking with another person?
>>
>>18031246
How many messiahs can exist at any given moment in time?

Divide that by the number of people that exist at this moment.

That's your probability of being a messiah.
>>
As a schizo, i can say: you never know the difference.
Schizo's can be good at laying connections that other people don't see. The problem is that sometimes your crazy takes over and sees connections that aren't actually there (correlation does not equal causation).
Combined with paranoia, earlier experiences (the connections i make are usually correct, so this one must be as well) and an increased chance of being religious/spiritual all together make it that we sometimes seem to feel a presence or an energyfield, and we correlate that with the religious mindset we have (angels, demons, nature spirits, ancestors, gods, prophets, believe in ghosts etc).

When schizo's have hallucinations, those usually aren't visual (though they can seem that way), the mind can wander off and you can come in a dreamlike state while awake, and in those moments of depersonalization, a lot of crazy things can appear happen to the mind.

I myself are more of a sensor, at the craziest moments i get goosebumps, and sometimes I draw connections with other moments that i had goosebumbs. Both times might have been perfectly random occurances, but i have connected them anyway. This is how delusion usually starts.

So, when you're diagnosed and you start to hallucinate: go to your professional, or look for one.
They cannot heal you, but they can help you differentiate between craziness and reality.

(i hope this wasn't too incoherent, i have trouble keeping on track and my mind usually goes faster than my fingers)
>>
>>18031261
btw, when i enter in a delusional state i believe myself to be the high priest of an ancient and extinct religion that operates through dreams, are constantly reborn, and retain memories of past lives.
This delusion is worse around the full moon, since i believe the high priests draw their power from the moon. But... everybody goes a bit extra crazy during a full moon.

I also believe to have prophetic dreams, and at times i even believe that i'm here to guide people through the apocalypse that is to come.

But those are all pretty standard delusions...
>>
>>18031261
>Combined with paranoia, earlier experiences (the connections i make are usually correct, so this one must be as well) and an increased chance of being religious/spiritual all together make it that we sometimes seem to feel a presence or an energyfield, and we correlate that with the religious mindset we have (angels, demons, nature spirits, ancestors, gods, prophets, believe in ghosts etc).

I have a theory that schizphrenia is caused by a certain unbalance in your chakras. When your perception chakra is high it can be very aware of other people in the sense that you can predict their thoughts. The root when unbalanced may lead to fear and anxiety, an irrational fear of death. If you combine the 2 than it can equal schizophrenia.
>>
>>18031272
I believe you are very close to the truth. Since starting meditating daily, doing yoga and leveling my chakras on a daily basis i am far less bothered by my craziness.

But at times of great stress my 3rd chackra get's so cramped up all i can do is meditate for a few days until i'm relaxed again.
>>
>>18031277
I am almost an expert on chakra, can you ask me any questions? You can be specific I will be able to help.
>>
>>18031281
Thank you, but it's not necessary. Schizophrenia is not caused by an imbalance in the chakra's, the imbalance just aggrevates or diminishes it.
There are too many signs that schizophrenia is both genetical and a physical problem to ignore that. But there also is a consensus that a person usually needs a trigger for the schizophrenia to express. That trigger can be an imbalance.
>>
>>18031270
You mean you are the high priest of an ancient and extinct religion that operates through dreams?
If you believe something you aren't delusional. Would that be the case we would all be delusional.
>>
>>18031217
No you missed the point entirely. The schizophrenic person believes their hallucinations and can't differentiate between what is a hallucination and what isnt. Where as a person who has had something strange happen to them will question it. Questioning it doesn't make you not believe it, it's just a way to substantiate and understand the experience, which is a mentally healthy thing to do. Also believing it doesn't make you delusional, especially if you can back up that belief with other evidence, even if it's circumstantial.
>>
>>18031324
Oh, okay. So when you take the list of things another person believed they perceived, and a list of things you believe you perceived, and they don't match, then the other person is schizophrenic. But if the lists do match, then they're normal.

Is that correct?
>>
>>18031303
But how does it help me in life to simply believe this. This believe has caused me more harm than good at the worse of times, so i'm a very lucky schizo. I have kept my delusions to myself for the most part. My delusions express in the way of religiosity. And since i believe everybody should keep their religions to themselves until they are asked about it, i never speak about it.

And at the end of the day: the fact that i believe something doesn't make it true. Finding some form of inner peace has made me accept my crazy, and learned to live with and around it.

I am one of those schizo's that had the luck of having a (somewhat) stable youth with two loving parents. They have taught me to always doubt that what i believe in the most. Because rigid people are dangerous people.

That mindset is what has helped me most as a schizo: never be convinced that you know the truth.
So i accept my believe in the gods, i accept my role as high priest. But i know that it is probably not true. But the believe gives me comfort and helps me explain those gaps in science. And for that, i like my sceptic but faithfull attitude.
>>
>>18031346
Problem with schizos and delusios is that they invest enormous amounts of time and energy into their mental disorder. It's hard on themselves and it's hard of their near and dear.
If my sons mother believes in aliens it doesn't affect me one bit but if I need to get up at 2 o' clock every night and go outside and look for aliens because she sees strange lights by that time, then we got a problem.
>>
Well, I experienced some weird shit between the ages 9/11. Now nothing that interesting happens no more.
>>
>>18031368
I know why i go down the rabbit hole at times. The reason i invested so much energy in my delusions was because people with authority told me how crazy it was, and how delusional it was. And well, most people know how schizo's react to authority. They don't just dislike it, they actively want to go against it.

So when someone with authority (parent, teacher, psych) told me that something was a delusion. I invested all of my time and energy in the subject to proof i wasn't crazy.

Turns out i was.
>>
I don't believe science's explanation and label of "schizophrenia" truly represents what it really is. I don't think it is "just" seeing things that "aren't real". Seems like a copout by science to explain away something that they truly don't understand.
>>
>>18031389
That's because that's NOT "science's" explanation and label of schizophrenia. That's 4chan memery at it's best. Nobody here is even using the right terminology.

>And the correct, scientifically accurate way to describe paranoid schizophrenia is still dumb as fuck.
>>
>>18031389
Until a few months ago scientists where pretty clear: we don't really know what schizophrenia is, and how it works.
There have been some breakthroughs in the last few months though. And since i've read up on that stuff, i am more willing to accept science in this case. As i am in almost every case.
The problem is we look at schizophrenia through a psychological lense, instead of through a neurological one. But we are starting to understand the brain better. And since the field of neurology is still pretty young, we know there's still a lot of discoveries to come.
>>
>>18030320
Yet Africas have a higher crime and murder rate. Maybe their happy ancestors are telling them to kill politely :^)
>>
>>18031407
That is a perfectly natural reaction to a lack of resources.
>>
>>18031410
Is having 10 children a perfectly natural reaction to a lack of resources?
>>
>>18031383
Sanity is avoiding what's trivial. If the authority would have made you sad you would have been depressed instead. Had it been the middle ages and you had annoyed the town guard you would have been a sinner or something. If you want a deeper understanding I'd suggest you study biological aspects and neurology. If you want to "solve the puzzle" I'd suggest forensic sciences.
>>
>>18031410
But who was South Africa left with abundant resources?
>>
>>18031413
Actually, yes :p The poorer a person is, the higher the base line of stress is. The higher the base line of stress; the more insinctive a person becomes. The man will look for relieve in one way (sex) or another (violence) since there are very little other options to react to this.
And besides: the more children you have, the more children can go to work to make money for you. You saw the same trends in europe when we hade huge swarms of poor people (around the industrial revolution).

And well, it turns out: the more resources there are, the higher the chance won't die of some crazy reason. So to ensure that your genes can be carried over would be: having a lot of children. It ensures that at least some of them will reach the age when they can reproduce.
>>
>>18031422
This is a load of pseudoscience. I'm not sure if you made this up yourself or got the idea from some dumb sociologist. Poor people are often more irresponsible which is a huge factor in having many children.
>>
>>18031415
But how do you decide what's trivial and what isn't? In the big scheme of things staying alive is a trivial thing, since in the end of times, it won't change anything.
Being a human being is trivial... since well... we are here without purpose, we simply are here by happenstance. But in the end of the day, nothing will change.

And that is the problem... deciding what is trivial and what is not is completely subjective.
>>
>>18031422
lol wtf, stop making excuses for violent criminals. poor circumstances are not justification for murder or crime
>>
>>18031427
You try to blend in and be successful in what is currently considered successful by social standards. This is refered to having a "mask of sanity" and there's a famous book written in that name on deeply disturbed individuals.
I'm psychotically prone myself. When I get my psychosis it feels like my blood is boiling. I work out, study and avoid social contact. I can't harm myself or others while doing these things. They are constructive and not destructive so I'm good.
>>
>>18030267
theres no schizophrenia [its god or demons]

they use it to discred ufologists

most did not find all the answers but that doesnt mean everything they say is wrong. (Even for one guy who says the fbi is tryin gto steal his sperm, but they are not. we hope.)
>>
>>18030320
Dude that's what I wonder too
>>
>>18031228

but you are god
>>
>>18031425
First societies become more wealthy, THEN people start having fewer children.
Also
>Criticising pseudoscience
>On /x/
>>
>>18031422
Fucking this!
>>
>>18031430
I'm not making excuses, i'm looking at the human nature. And in essense, we are volatile creatures. We are level headed when things go well. But as soon as people start rebelling people become savages. that's just our nature. Understanding that helps to prevent it.
>>
>>18031758
Studies have shown people with poor impulse control and difficulties with being responsible have more kids. Lower socioeconomic individuals even in 1st world countries have more kids. Anyone can call out bs pseudoscience you mong

>>18031922
Not really, people don't turn to murder even when things aren't going well.
>>
As a schizophrenic person I can tell you there is no way to tell the difference. They are real at the time, even if they aren't real to others.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.