[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

More and more, life doesn't feel real, like I'm living

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: 1467656367599.jpg (425KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1467656367599.jpg
425KB, 1920x1200px
More and more, life doesn't feel real, like I'm living in a dream. Sometimes I'll forget about it, and I'll go about a normal life, and then all of a sudden I'll remember. And when I remember, it crushes me, and it stays with me until I sleep. I'm just an empty shell of a person. Life isn't real, this doesn't feel any more real than any dream. Who's to say dreams aren't the "real" reality. Sometimes I'm REALLY good at faking it, and others, I just need to be by myself and lay down.
>>
You are describing dissociation in an almost dictionary-precise fashion. It is very likely a symptom of prolonged stress or other mental troubles and it can be treated.

I had this a lot. It turned out to be PTSD.
>>
>>18027100
How is this something I treat? I don't want to tell anyone about this because it sounds crazy.
>>
File: 1465186572557.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1465186572557.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>18027100
>*unzips armchair psychology grimoire composed of my divorced mother's "knowledge" of human behavior*
Anon.....
>>
>>18027093
>>18027100
anon is right.

go talk to your loved ones to ground yourself(you could be losing your head)

Or maybe you just need a good talking to.
>>
>>18027122
Talk to my loved ones? And say what? That my life doesn't feel real? That sounds crazy. I asked my brother one time if life ever felt like a dream and he said no. I explained that sometimes I'll just feel weird. Nothing came of that conversation.
>>
>>18027105
It doesn't sound "crazy". Dissociation is very common symptom and can be triggered by many kinds of things such as sleeping trouble and stress.
If you have the courage, find a nice therapist specialized in dissosiative symptoms. That has been useful to many people and can be done very discreetly.
Also, take good care of yourself and find minful and active things to do: develop steady eating and sleeping habits, socialize, exercise and give yourself rest. When you start to feel tired, off etc. it's definetly time to de-stress with music/ a nap/ crafting/snacks etc.
If the "unreal" feeling gets disturbingly strong, do not hurt yourself or isolate yourself from people. Instead, do something active and physical and/or social: take a hot or cold shower or a bath, go jogging, eat very spicy food, go to a local library or a cafe to see and hear other people...

I think you should also tell about this to your friends. It is not a mental illness in "being crazy" sense, it's just a sign that your body (in this case brain) needs something.
>>
>>18027127
I mean I've had a pretty stressful life growing up. I'm on break for college right now and I'm working three jobs without any days off, so I mean I've always had stress. I workout and eat well though. Most of the time I sleep 5-9 hours. Last week I slept for 18 hours though, that's probably just me being wore out though.
>>
>>18027093
Life isn't "real", we made it all up. Basically, what you believe is real becomes the reality projected around you. We are all the same being and the world is soon coming to it's beginning, that is the reason things are starting to feel unreal. We are starting to believe in a different kind of universe. Perhaps you have had flashes of memories from different parts of your life? or new places you visit and new things you do/eat feel oddly familiar like a living placebo? We are becoming aware that we made everything up.
>>
>>18027137
Jesus Christ that definitely didn't help
>>
>>18027093
maybe you should seek the sweet release of death
>>
all reality is a subjective perception, if you think it's real it is real.
>dreams
>life
>"""reality"""
one and the same
>>
yes the world as you know it is coming to an end.
>>
>>18027093
Why the wait? Kill yourself and stream it please xx
>>
>>18027137
>Perhaps you have had flashes of memories from different parts of your life?
Different anon here.
Last night, I dreamed that I was at someplace where they had my old body. Proper preparation for head transplant onto my old body meant decapitating the old body and removing the eyes. Shortly after the transplant, you take an eye and eat it to complete the integration. I struggled not to touch the eye with my hands, so I used an apron and put it in the pocket. I microwaved it with some Chinese food, and it was so good. It tasted like meaty scrambled eggs.
>>
>>18027191
I had a dream where I had sex with a girl, does that mean I'm not a virgin anymore?
>>
>>18027258
I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
Matthew 5:28
>>
>>18027093
nice copypasta
>>
>>18027267
copypasta?
>>
>>18027127
Not OP here, but I feel exactly the same way. More and more lately to be honest.

I'll try and follow your advice.
>>
>>18027127
Not OP here, but I feel exactly the same way. More and more lately to be honest.

How can I find out more about this "dissociation"?

I'll try and follow your advice.
>>
>>18027093
Dude, trust me. Life is real. It's a little unbalanced at the moment, but this existence is reality.
>>
Hey op go hang out with nice people.
Sounds like PTSD.
>>
>>18028665
>>18028668
Part of it is your brains way of processing depression/trauma. It doesn't really like the current existence, so you subconsciously start doubting that it's real, because there HAS to be something better, right? Good news is that it's a chemical imbalance. Go see a doctor and get some meds. Remember- point of antidepressants is to make your quality of mental health better. It's not gonna magically solve everything. If you get a med that does that, you need to switch it or get a lower dosage because that is mania and it is a side effect of a med that isn't right for you.
>>
OP what you really need to do is suck your own dick
>>
>>18027093
You aren't grounded enough in the physical realm. Do something like martial arts or ultimate frisbee.
>>
>>18028762
I'm not that flexible
>>
>>18028998
Just believe in yourself!
>>
>>18027093
Wow what a shitty photo.
>>
File: 1460360617773-b.png (154KB, 253x254px)
1460360617773-b.png
154KB, 253x254px
>>18027100
Take the pills senpai. It's not l poison at all. It's medicine.
>>
try psychoactive drugs
>>
>>18029248
why would that help
>>
>>18029240
kys
>>
>>18027093
you're depressed, I would know. Please seek help.
>>
>>18027093
Wait you thought life wasn't a dream? That's pretty weird mang.
>>
>>18027144
You know it's true.>>18029257
>>
>>18029283
Actually though?
>>
>>18029247
I'm this guy. I did not say "medication", I said "treatment." As you can see here >>18027127 I listed a large-ish variety of very practical examples, none of whic is medication. There are people who have found help to sympoms such as dissociation from medication, but for example my PTSD has never been treated with meds. The question is: what kind of treatment works the best. For me, the key element that triggers dissociation and other symptoms is clearly stress, so I have designed solutions for avoiding it both with my therapist and on my own.
>>
I don't know, I hardly pay attention anymore.
>>
>>18027100
Exactly this. I too felt this way long ago for years and in the end found out I had PTSD.
>>
>>18030429
I don't know why I'd have ptsd though
>>
>>18029257
Psychedelic drugs are known to remove your ego and allow you to look at things from a(if not multiple) different perspective.
Though in this case, it might actually make you feel like this reality is less real, as it can also show you "other worlds".
>>
For a good while life felt like a dream to me.

It still does some days...

Emotional abuse by a druggy mother will do that to you...
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.