[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red pill me on the left hand path. Can I attain spiritual immortality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: pilllars-symbol.jpg (34KB, 336x426px) Image search: [Google]
pilllars-symbol.jpg
34KB, 336x426px
Red pill me on the left hand path. Can I attain spiritual immortality through it? What are the pros and cons? Low info /x/-philes need not reply.
>>
This topic is a little overdone here, don't you think? At this point my default response to anyone serious about the powers of the LHP is Google EA Koetting. Every serious practitioner of the left path seems to enjoy brief shocking success followed by long, grinding downfalls. That's not to say the various versions of left hand path work can't be navigated successfully, or that good things don't come from the left. Crowley was unbelievably prolific and left a deep mark on the world, despite his sad end. But I think in general devoting yourself to solely the LHP generally does not go well long term, for most people.
>>
>>18017499

The left path is a the path of the dark, of no light.
You could find power and knowlege in it but you need to know how to navigate in the dark ,how to use your wits instead of your eyes, how to listen instead of talking, and how to calculate instead of trusting.

Pros- real power
Cons- real slavery

dark siding ain't easy but nothing easy is fun!
>>
>>18017535
>The left path is a the path of the dark, of no light.
Confirmed for not understanding LHP
>>
>>18017556

>Le green text

Pointing the 'error' whithaud adding to the discussion his point of view or the fact why I am wrong.

Summer
u
m
m
e
r
>>
>>18017708
Well, vamacara posits only transgression of social norms. It appears to have little, if anything, to do with light and dark.

An Aghori's not holding rotten cerebrospinal fluid in his mouth because it'll piss off mom & dad, he's doing it to conquer fear and demonstrate that no spiritual reprisal would come of breaking the taboo.
>>
>>18017708
You are retarded, and a fraud.
>>
Quantum Immortality>Spiritual Immortality

the left hand path is mostly bullshit that gets perpetrated to convince gullible people who have poor analytical skills into devoting a good portion of their life to nothing. Wasting your time and playing pretend keeps you from achieving Quantum Immortality. The government wants this.
The only way is Quantum Immortality.
>>
>>18017747
>the left hand path is mostly bullshit that gets perpetrated to convince gullible people who have poor analytical skills into devoting a good portion of their life to nothing.

>Vāma means "pleasant, lovable, agreeable" and Dakṣiṇa means "south". Facing the rising sun towards east, Dakṣiṇa would be the right side. For this reason, the term Vāmācāra is often translated "Left-hand practice", while Dakṣiṇamārga is translated as "Right-hand practice". An alternate etymology is that it is possible that the first word of the expression Vāmācāra is not vāma or "left", but vāmā or "woman". N. N. Bhattacharyya notes that a main feature of the Tantras is respect for the status of women as a representation of Shakti, and that if this was the original conception underlying Vāmācāra the opposing term Dakṣiṇācara may have been a later development.

>Vamachara is particularly associated with the pancha-makara or the "Five Ms", also known as the pancha-tattva. In literal terms they are: Madya (wine), Mamsa (meat), Matsya (fish), Mudra (cereal), and Maithuna (sexual intercourse). Mudra usually means ritual gestures, but as part of the five Ms it is parched cereal.

>Vamachara traditions place strict ritual limits on the use of these literal forms and warn against nonsanctioned use. If so used they encourage the person to sin. Practitioners of vamachara rituals may make symbolic substitutions for these literal things, which are not permitted in orthodox Hindu practice. The fact that tantric practices can be done without involvement with the literal pancha-makara is emphasized by Swami Madhavananda, and said to have been practiced by numerous saints.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vamachara
>>
>>18017753
You agreeing with me, then?
>>
File: blackbarn.jpg (180KB, 478x480px) Image search: [Google]
blackbarn.jpg
180KB, 478x480px
>>18017535
Yeeeeaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>18017759
>Abhinavagupta, a man who had mastered linguistics and is considered one of the most prominent early Hindi aestheticians, so much so that his precepts are still practiced by his culture at large, had poor analytical skills.

No, I'm trying to indicate that most people don't have a clue what they're talking about when it comes to LHP, especially if it's wholesale endorsement or dismissal.
>>
>>18017713

>power
>social norms

learn to dwell in the darkness inside of yourself and learn that fear is one of the tings who are and you are not.
I been breaking social norms all my life ,manipulation of people it's extremely easy, I already know everything on how to manipulate others, yes there is power there but not the kind of power I wanted.
The darkness inside of you depends on the ligth
The "you" you are now it's temporary a flick in the stream of time.
The darkness speaks your language, listen, ponder and decide. Having in mind that every desition and turn you more and more into the power game.
Really fun ting it this condition of being human still hacking into this trying to push the ladder higher and higher.
Are you free of yourself
Or still a slave of I am who I am?
>>
>>18017843
Come back to chat after you've gone through Kaluajnananirnaya.
>>
>>18017747
what the flippity flap do you mean by quantum immortality
>>
>op clearly reers to the western concept of lhp ie black brothers
>entire thread of retards argue from perspective of tantra and lolsatan withput actually adresing the op
What a shitty board.
>>
>>18017948
Black Brethren, as coined by Crowley, was usually just a gripe translating to "that guy I don't like anymore".

Example: Austin Osman Spare.

There's no indication that Spare approached, or failed, the Ordeal of the Abyss.

A redpill on LHP that doesn't address the Hindi origins of the concept is, in fact, a bluepill.
>>
>>18017953
You focus on who may have been labeled a black brother instead of what a black brother is. The fact is that in western tradition, if you want to call it that, left and right hand paths have almost nothing to do with the tantric origin of the terms. Terms, not concepts.

From the OP it is very obvious he refers to the western concept, and bringing up tantra as anything more than a side note is just feeding your own ego.
>>
File: 1464588052928.jpg (2MB, 2376x3424px) Image search: [Google]
1464588052928.jpg
2MB, 2376x3424px
Let's attack the only useful tripfag on failchan.
It's fun! Damn you, you filthy Ape
>>
>>18017717

And you sir are a strawbot and a meme master.
What's next?
My gremer !
> smug anime face
Current year!

Put valid point forward or fuck off.
Ps. Thanks for the bump shill bot.
>>
>>18018016
>what a black brother is
And the guy who coined the term had different definitions depending on who was being spoken of.

>The fact is that in western tradition, if you want to call it that, left and right hand paths have almost nothing to do with the tantric origin of the terms
Then they were only popularized after Crowley was exposed to Kaula because.......? Levi doesn't use the terms and it doesn't appear in the GD knowledge lectures.

Even the goddamn wikipedia entry for LHP mentions that the terms are rooted in tantric concepts in the introductory paragraph.

>In more recent definitions, which base themselves on the terms' origins in Indian Tantra
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-hand_path_and_right-hand_path
>>
>>18018065
isnt the black brotherhood christianity as opposed to the white brotherhood the A A
>>
>>18018073
If that's the case then why did AC accuse Spare of being a black brother?

He didn't convert to Christism, he started elaborating on witchcraft.

Again, it's a largely meaningless term, and was generally used by Crowley for "people what I don't like no more".

You have a few sorts of Black Brother for Crowley:

>The Christfags, or any organization that more concerned with dogma than praxis, up to and including the old Golden Dawn.
>Those who have failed the Ordeal of the Abyss, torn apart by their own excreted ego.
>A baseless and meaningless insult against those who do things he didn't agree with (Spare would be the number one example of this).
>>
>>18017948
OP here
>implying I know anything about LHO and didn't just use google images and picked the first thing that looks cool
>>
There are so many different interpretations of what it means to be LHP the term is almost meaningless. If you are interested in transgressive spirituality the Order of Nine Angles or Tempel ov Blood might interest you. Temple of Set is also worth looking into though not as extreme as the other cults.
>>
>>18018078

Pro tip: they're all black brothers until they've crossed.
>>
>>18018716
While that could certainly be a valid interpretation, I don't know of any materials in the AC corpus which would substantiate this claim, especially given how much material was put to paper before Crowley claimed Magister.
>>
>>18018734

The question is, are they subject to Mr C? Probably got it from 418.
>>
>>18018750
If that's a thing in 418 it slipped my attention; as said it sounds valid enough, I just dunno if I can support it as a point of internal doctrine with [citations].
>>
>>18018759

Forget wch aethyr. Robed in black, curious howling noise. It fits. Plus, anyone can take the oath.
>>
>>18018065
The concept of a BB was the origin for modern LHP, adopted by groups like Temple of Set, Order of Leviathan, etc.

From Crowley's egos in cocoons to TOS' idea of remanifestation, hurrdurr immortality is exactly what op wants to know about.

The full wiki quote
>In more recent definitions, which base themselves on the terms' origins in Indian Tantra, the Right-Hand Path, or RHP, is seen as a definition for those magical groups that follow specific ethical codes and adopt social convention, while the Left-Hand Path adopts the opposite attitude, espousing the breaking of taboo and the abandoning of set morality
Notice how this is not the context in which we use the term in the current discussion, just like we're not referring to OOOOOOH EEVVIIIIIL MAGICS OOOOH.
The context is the 2 different ideas of the great work, rhp being the usual, and lhp being saving the ego, usually including some sort of prolonged physical existence.
>>
>>18018956
>The context is the 2 different ideas of the great work, rhp being the usual, and lhp being saving the ego, usually including some sort of prolonged physical existence.
Then you've got folks like Chumbley, twenty years ago, advocating for service of both hands alike; not to mention the fact that both Mathers and Crowley posit a full working of the Tree, or work focused on the middle pillar, rather than excluding the paths of mercy or severity.

>ToS's ideas of re-manifestation.
Sapphire Tablet is great.
>>
File: lolextreme.gif (3MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
lolextreme.gif
3MB, 200x150px
>>18017499
>my default response to anyone serious about the powers of the LHP is Google EA Koetting
>>
File: balls.jpg (73KB, 929x960px) Image search: [Google]
balls.jpg
73KB, 929x960px
>>18021873
>>
>>18017747
>quantum immortality is real
pls go.
>>
Read Yoga of Power
>>
Pride feeds their blackened hearts.
>>
Why does Crowley even come into these discussions?

Didn't he eat his own shit and drink his own piss/cum? Sounds like a strange path if this dude's actually relevant to it, family. Not trying to judge, just seems like most people would do a complete 180 after learning that.
>>
Holy crap is there a lot of bullshit here. People trying to associate paths with moral values, "oh ah, left hand is of evil and doing bad things! You'll be sith!" and so on.

When you'll take away all the edgy faggots and look at actual fundamentals, the difference lies in the fact that in "right hand" traditions, the ultimate goal is to return to the divine, unite with the universe. Left hand path goes in the opposite direction - personal elevation so you are the divine while retaining yourself as separate, individualistic being.

Neither ensures you'll be "good" or "bad".
>>
>>18017747
only person in this thread who knows what they're talking about
>>
>>18022302
In some traditions such as the ONA, it is indeed about engaging in real world, sinister activity. The goal is not necessarily self deification either, but rather, a union between the self and the Dark Gods.
>>
>People refer to witchcraft by silly terms invented by drugged up English people in the early 19th century or via jew magic

>Nobody knows the ways of the old gods anymore.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.