[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has /x/ heard about the old forests? http://www.thepause.co

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10

File: index.jpg (12KB, 283x178px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
12KB, 283x178px
Has /x/ heard about the old forests?

http://www.thepause.com/no-forests-earth-viral-eye-opener/
>>
File: 3trees.jpg (49KB, 640x296px) Image search: [Google]
3trees.jpg
49KB, 640x296px
>>18010912
>>
File: 2tree.jpg (39KB, 640x298px) Image search: [Google]
2tree.jpg
39KB, 640x298px
>>18010918
>>
>>18010912
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JZr_slGa5c

extract from the bible
>>
Doc looks interesting. Hope it's not a bunch of flat Earth shit.
>>
>>18011120
What does this phrase mean? Is this a meme?
>>
This is autistic as fuck
"All the trees are less than 200 years old"
http://mentalfloss.com/article/29879/6-oldest-trees-world
Lol what?
>>
File: 80's cgi.png (727KB, 1542x1374px) Image search: [Google]
80's cgi.png
727KB, 1542x1374px
>>18010912
>how can forests be real if trees aren't real
>>
This is impressive shit. There was a thread about it a few days ago.

Seems some half wit russian guy made a video where he claims that Antarctic scientists found CO2 in the ice. And therefore thousands of years ago there were trees hundreds of miles high. And ancient lumberjacks cut them down and they turned into mountains, and that's why some mountains kind of look like stumps, and also mountain ranges are all dead ancient 100 mile high trees. Also there aren't any forests anymore.

The thing is, the ENTIRE youtube flat earth community is eating this shit up. It's "reawakened" their ancient memories and they're falling for it hook, line and sinker. It's like these people are for some reason attracted to the stupidest ideas possible. Like ancient aliens is too mainstream now that it's on cable TV. They need to go dumber.
>>
This is quite possibly the most retarded thing I've seen on /x/, which is quite the accomplishment.
>>
File: giga kek.jpg (4KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
giga kek.jpg
4KB, 125x125px
>>18011316
>some half wit russian guy made a video where he claims that Antarctic scientists found CO2 in the ice. And therefore thousands of years ago there were trees hundreds of miles high. And ancient lumberjacks cut them down and they turned into mountains, and that's why some mountains kind of look like stumps, and also mountain ranges are all dead ancient 100 mile high trees
>>
>>18011316
>YouTube flat earth community
The internet really has made people more stupid.
>>
>>18011145
How do you know how old they are?
>>
>>18012265
You count the tree rings, dumbass.
>>
>>18012265
None of those trees are cut down. How do you count rings on a tree if it is still standing you stupid piece of shit?
>>
File: treecoresample.jpg (51KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
treecoresample.jpg
51KB, 320x240px
>>18012547
>you have to cut down a tree to count the rings.

Or, alternatively, you can just use a borer and collect a small sample. Jesus flat earthers are dumb.
>>
Please stop posting this shit, it has been posted over and over again the past week and the guy is so obviously wrong. he makes endless assumptions based on nothing, then doesnt bother to check what he is saying. anyone who does 5 seconds of checking what this dude says will realize he knows absolutely nothing.
>>
>>18012547
ok you dumbass, for one we have cut down trees that old.
>>
Wow I made it 23 mins in and it was tough. It's like that video lecture was made by a 10 year old with ADHD. Last time I checked science acknowledges fauna and flora were much bigger in the past due to more oxygen being in the atmosphere. So what's his problem?
>>
File: 1470028733358.jpg (83KB, 500x398px) Image search: [Google]
1470028733358.jpg
83KB, 500x398px
>>18012584
Ok cool. I'm not a flat earther, nor do I really believe this theory. But I think the flat earth shit is kind of like Pastafarianism(flying spaghetti monster religion) in the sense that they dont actually believe it, but it's a way to mock the dogma of the scientific community and most peoples way of looking at things. Yes, we all know the earth is round. Ask someone to explain why they know that and they can't(usually). 1000 years ago we would have mocked someone the same way for saying the earth is round. And they were just as certain as you are. They even had silly experiments done to "prove" it was flat, and people didn't bother to check them for the most part. Even when they did and proved it was wrong, they were often ignored until the political climate changed enough to accommodate the change. Tree boring makes total sense. So many people just regurgitate opinions of someone else and it gets accepted as fact. Niggas need to stretch their brains.

>>18012600
Now this guy says, you know how old a certain tree is because you cut it down. I ask how he knows the age of a living tree, he says because they've cut down others that old. Except you don't know you've cut down a tree the same age, without seeing the age of both trees. Even if they're the same size, a 10 year old tree with excellent fertilization can be as big as a 40 year old tree growing in some shitty ass soil. Yes boring works, but this guy didn't know that, he just thinks you magically can tell since you cut down another one that old.
>>
>>18011133
what?
>>
>>18012689
Nobody ever told you that you had to cut a tree down. They told you that you count the rings, and you assumed that meant cut the tree down, because you're a dipshit.
>>
>>18012702
>ok you dumbass, for one we have cut down trees that old.
>>
>>18012702
If they weren't implying the trees had to be cut down, they wouldn't have said:
>ok you dumbass, for one we have cut down trees that old.
They would have just said some shit about boring, or whatever alternative method there is for that.
>>
Jesus I can only put up with so much stupid. That video may have made me stupider if I had watched the whole thing.
>>
...I majored in environmental science (like geography, geology, oceanography, botany, zoology, and ecology all rolled into one cohesive understanding of the natural world) and you people are fucking retards if you believe any of this shit. They literally teach things that disprove this to first graders.
>>
>>18012767
Ok. Let`s pretend that I`m a brainwashed cultist.
How lava crystallises into hexagons (without pressure, probably, because the structures are way above ground)?
>>
>>18012767
I literally have seen parents teach first graders that there is a jewish wizard in the sky. That does not mean that it is true. I would think an "environmental scientist" could figure that out.
>>
>>18012795
>structures are way above ground.

They weren't above ground when they were formed, dumbass. They were formed underground, though near the surface. As they cool from the top down, cracks form as the magma shrinks. The cracks propagate downwards. Years after they cool, the surrounding softer earth is eroded away by weathering.

http://blogs.agu.org/georneys/2012/11/18/geology-word-of-the-week-c-is-for-columnar-jointing/
>>
I love how all these people just say the idea is stupid, without giving the simplest reasoning for why they think that. Literally just like the people trying to crucify Copernicus for saying something that jives with what they think is real. Seriously, if you are SO SO SO smart and you know why we are wrong, then explain. If you just say "lol stoopidhead" that isn't going to convince anyone you're right. Someone who understands why they're right can explain it. If you're just repeating what someone you think is smart said then fuck off, that's not how reasoning works, and that's mostly not why we are on /x/.
>>
>>18012901
>without giving simplest reasoning

There were never trees hundreds of miles high. Mountains are made out of rock, not wood. Mountain building is a well understood process and it doesn't happen by ancient giant trees getting chopped down.

People probably don't bother saying these things because they are so obvious even young children should understand them.
>>
>>18012901
what is petrified wood?
it used to be pretty well understood that humans have 4 humors; black bile, yellow bile, phlegm, and blood. That was the reasoning for all bodily ails. They taught that to children, they had experiments verifying it, and if you disagreed you were just a hilarious fool disagreeing with science. You can make bullshit sound totally reasonable pretty easily if you really really want to.
>>
>>18012945
Petrified wood is ancient wood that has become drowned in ancient anoxic waters and slowly become permineralized as its organic tissue is replaced by minerals.

While it is technically a stone, it is wholly different than the stones that make up mountains.

"Hey, that rock formation kind of looks like a stump. All mountains are just giant trees," is a fundamentally stupid thought process to have.

The four humors of human health were never science. They were just assholes making shit up.
>>
File: 1470520295140.jpg (84KB, 369x269px) Image search: [Google]
1470520295140.jpg
84KB, 369x269px
>>18012965
But at the time, they thought it was science. Have you been to any mountains and tested them vs. petrified wood? How do I know you're not just repeating shit like the four humors and calling it proof and science? I don't, and you probably don't either.
>>
>>18012978
>at the time they thought it was science

No they didn't. They had no concept of the scientific method.

>how do I know you're not just repeating shit like the four humors and calling it science.

The nice thing about science is that it's reproducible and testable. So if you think something is suspicious you can go out and test it yourself. And if you're right and it isn't true, then congratulations, you've just done science and people will be very interested in what you have to say.

Yes, I've been to mountains. Yes, I've seen they are very different than petrified wood. For starters, they're way up high, instead of being at the bottom of ancient lake beds like petrified wood. Also they're clearly not just fossilized trees.

Oh, and some places the mountains grow so fast you can watch it happen in time lapse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6B1myUKAS4

You ignorant fuck.
>>
>>18012689
>backpedaling this hard

Get a grip.
>>
File: 1459386030805.jpg (78KB, 444x460px) Image search: [Google]
1459386030805.jpg
78KB, 444x460px
>>18012988
>implying the USGS didn't make that video in the abandoned NASA moon landing studio

Wake up, you stupid sheep.
>>
>>18013000
>totally missing the point
>>
High af. I'll post some giant trees tomorrow refuting all this evidence. I live in the mountains in California. And I can 100% tell you the rim of the world is not a tree stump. A 8,000 foot tree stump? Get the fuck out of my /x/ Bitch cant even explain hexagons. She keeps referring to the people that disagree with her as men. Femnazi with a fucked up agenda. Trees are kinda big. Mountains are bigger and caused by tectonic plates shifting. Go to Arizona. Count the plateaus. That's not a forest. Also, calling a giant ancient river bed "mining waste" omfg dude. The grand canyon is real. People that went to school, people that have tested it, the soil samples, the erosion, are all consistent to the truth. Tell me how fucking dragons are real next you ill informed, flat earth, conspiracy bloated dumb cunt. THE EARTH IS A GIANT TREE DURRRR
>>
>>18012988
>No they didn't. They had no concept of the scientific method.
They didn't have a formalized scientific method, but natural philosophers and forms of empirical discovery have existed since Aristotle and Archimedes.
>>
>>18013250
Sure. But it wasn't the scientific method. It was no better than mysticism.
>>
>>18012689
>dogma of the scientific community
Oh, so you people are actually this dumb
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.