[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, I've been pretty damn interested in the occult, Divination,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: science.png (179KB, 935x486px) Image search: [Google]
science.png
179KB, 935x486px
Hello, I've been pretty damn interested in the occult, Divination, and generally things beyond mortal understanding. However I am also in college to be a chemist, so I have a hard time rationalizing my desire to believe in the supernatural with the scientific consensus. has anybody seen, recorded, and tested anything supernatural with basic scientific rigor? Or has anyone at least tried to record and test something?
>>
>>18009489
uuuh. I'm going to guess not?
>>
File: 1463089997161.jpg (3MB, 2100x1611px) Image search: [Google]
1463089997161.jpg
3MB, 2100x1611px
>>18009616
Libers E and O
>>
First time visiting /x/ after probably a year, as gonna post the same thing.

I remember asking this a few times before, and I was always told to fuck of, thought today I might get lucky.

Basically when I was into this stuff, the closest I got to any hard results is stuff like NLP, but nothing on hard magick or occult that was supported by experiments or even something you could try on your own.

I'll be monitoring this thread though.
>>
Bump for self interest.
Hoping someone delivers.
>>
>>18009629
>Libers E and O
what are those?
>>
File: 1447127142224.jpg (241KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1447127142224.jpg
241KB, 960x960px
This should give you some sort of an idea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_prizes_for_evidence_of_the_paranormal

I am a cynic at heart, but it doesn't stop me from enjoying the camaraderie that eccentrics and the mentally unsound present. Much better than anything some rando on the street wants to talk about.
>>
>>18009489

Well I'm a compsi fag and have similar leanings as well. Anything paranormal or conspiratorial titillates me in the most inappropriate ways. Anyways, I have the same issue of reconciling quantifiable reality with what is considered paranormal. Mind you I've had a few strong experiences of paranormal incidents through out my life and is probably what birthed my interest.

On one occasion it was something akin to "demonic oppression" in an apartment when I was a teenager. Or poltergeist activity generated by me (I was very emotional at the time). Shit like clocks changing their time, drawers all being open when getting home; and other similar events where frequent occurrences.

The second most notable experience was a stroke & hemorrhage I suffered in my neocortex and frontal lobe. I was clinically dead by cardiac and neurological measures but they managed to revive me (I was within the limit of acceptable oxygen deprivation). With both those parts of my mind out of commission, I witnessed the event of my passing and their attempts at reviving before I went "elsewhere", but that's another story.

This leads me to my actual point, in the ensuing years I've tried to make some kind of effort in recording something, anything, through my abilities afforded me by my trade and profession. So I set out to make raspi boxes with multiple sensors and took it to task.

Now, an imageboard is a shitty place to lay all this out but, I will say this, given a PRNG that is deterministic by nature (given the same seed upon initialization), I noticed that some atmospheric shifts that were outside the realm of statistical normalcy also correlated with the PRNG becoming non-deterministic. This just doesn't happen. It can't. The only plausible explanation for sudden bit flips of this sort are literally cited in engineering papers as either 1) Extreme heat 2) Radiation contamination during silicon doping process or 3) Literal stray cosmic rays flipping the bit.
>>
>>18009489
I've seen a few people on /div/ tell readers that their readings came true. Some of them seemed general, but some were extremely specific with details.
>>
>>18009792

(cont)

I have things like EVP's and what not, but those don't count to "verifiable" evidence of this sort.

Oh and one last note. I had two redundant raspi's configured the same way and tested with sample environments to make sure the sensors weren't duds. Same with the PRNG. A few trillion iteration given so many seeds with a failover rate of less than 0.001% (which is lower than the failover rate of the raspi itself in these situations).
>>
b

u

m

p
>>
>>18009489
The esoteric arts are usually a way for people to try and test theories and experiments in ways that commonplace sciences of the time do not. Unfortunately it's not the 1500s anymore, so a lot of what was tried back then has been discounted by modern science in pretty much every way. Take the case of John Dee for instance. A very smart man who discovered some very real phenomena and made some great advances. But he was also an occultist who claimed the supernatural.

Modern science would reject his false beliefs, but as you will find, a lot of people in the occult take what he said seriously. so it's a tricky issue. maybe he was right, who knows, but from where I stand I find it hard to believe in ghost tales and angelic languages no matter who it comes from. there is no hard repeatable evidence, see >>18009782

>>18009861
>bumping on /x/
you were on page 2, don't worry about it, it'll take exponentially longer to fall off the catalog because of the low traffic
>>
>>18009878
Ah didn't realize, thanks.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.