[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are UFOs lumped in with the paranormal? There are two crucial

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 2677407.main_image.jpg (68KB, 1500x884px) Image search: [Google]
2677407.main_image.jpg
68KB, 1500x884px
Why are UFOs lumped in with the paranormal? There are two crucial differences between UFOs and ghosts: firstly there are no detailed military reports on ghosts and secondly UFOs are actually scientifically plausible (warp drive).

Despite being scientifically minded I've approached every paranormal topic with an open mind and every single one bar UFOs quickly turned out to be obvious bullshit. I watch a ghost hunting show and all they do is scream while giving outlandish descriptions of what they "saw" because fuck helmet cams right? On the other hand some UFO programs lay out the straight facts, the radar locks, the radioactive contamination the detailed CIA investigation. It's in a whole other level to all the rest of the stupid shit you /x/tards believe. Whether it's aliens or not I have not seen any proof but UFOs are definitely real.
>>
and they use warp drives to abduct lonely fat schizo woman and drunk rednecks who are too lazy to even make up a cool looking monster and just say it's guys, with grey skin and big eyes, sounds legit mate
>>
>>18009024
You are bitter.
>>
>>18009036
I'm just saying that alien stories are bullshit, sure there are gorillion stars out there some of them could have life on them but no way in hell they'd be slightly odd looking humans who come here to molest lonely idiots
also just saying but UFO only refers to unidentified flying objects, which could be literally anything from a chinese airplane to the dukes of hazzard jumping over a ramp, not necessarily extraterrestrials
watch something like "a haunting" instead of shitty reality tv if you want to see stuff about ghosts
>>
>>18009056
Yeah it's all campfire tales, the US military has never published a decades long study on the phenomenon right?
>>
>>18009061
don't forget your complimentary tin foil hat mate
>>
>>18009061
Campfires frighten away animals and attract bugs.
>>
>>18009013
You have not seen proof, but yet UFO's are real. Where is the logic in that?
>>
>>18009158
UFO=/=alien

There's plenty radar data for UFOs
>>
>>18009173
you are right.
Project blue book is confirmation of this.
Ignore the shills OP, you're on point, problem is there are very few people who take this subject seriously.
>>
>>18009013
there is no evidence to support the ET hypothesis
>>
File: FB_IMG_1468030828689.jpg (47KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1468030828689.jpg
47KB, 1024x768px
>>18009566
Disinfo xeno pls go
>>
>>18009013
daily reminder that the UFO and alien connection was created by the CIA so that when a pleb sees an unidentified flying object they will think alien instead of secret military plane (what it actually is)
>>
yet waaay more people claimed to have seen a ghost or experience something paranormal than aliens
>>
>>18009013
>Why are UFOs lumped in with the paranormal?

because they're pretty much the same as demons, stuff that can be measured scientifically but are a product of human imagination

read Wilhelm Reich's contact with space for more info.

>>18009024
>abduct lonely fat schizo woman and drunk rednecks

it's entirely CIA doing that
>>
>>18009566
>there is no evidence to support the ET hypothesis

not sure what the hypothesis is but the phenomena can be measured and it's various effects are definitely real including men in black

read Wilhelm Reich's contact with space (a banned book) for more info.
>>
Can we go back to calling flying saucers and spaceships just that. Using the term UFO is terribly confusing since a bird or MiG can also be a UFO.

>>18009013
Its considered paranormal because of the lack of hard evidence.
>>
>>18009344
Thanks bro.
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 625x552px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 625x552px
>>18011010
/thread

& most of the bullshit and disinfo the CIA spread is still believed today
>>
>>18009013
>Why are UFOs lumped in with the paranormal?
Because they're mostly bullshit, which is what 99.9999999% of supposed paranormal stuff is. Fakes created to fool other people, be it mean spirited or otherwise. Some of it is simply a product of willful ignorance, story telling, or bad camera work. All of it gets lumped together because the common denominator is the nutjobs who believe in it tend to believe in a lot of or all of it.

UFOs however do have two distinct categories:
There are sightings which are substantiated, witnessed by reputable pilots, picked up on radar, chased by scrambled military jets. They're documented. A lot of these are of particular interest to the US government because we need to know if a peer nation is developing some next gen tech to rival or surpass our black budget projects.
Then there are those which are caught on shakycam video by some jackoff.

Its unfortunate that these two are grouped together as they really shouldn't be. There have been plenty of cases where random shakycam jackoffs catch experimental aircraft on cam too, though hilariously it seems more people are keen to jump to the conclusion of alien life instead of top secret jet.

Its a topic where the waters have been forever muddied. You can't really discuss one without hordes of retards spewing forth their baseless conspiracies.
>>
>>18011032
>>18011036
>Wilhelm Reich
>Banned
lol

The guy was a communist nutjob but all his works are readily available.
>>
>>18011036
>Wilhelm Reich's contact with space (a banned book)
I can't find anything about it being banned.

Nice try though.
>>
>>18009013
Both aliens and UFOs are /sci/

Just because they're spoopy doesn't mean they're /x/
>>
>>18011121
>people are keen to jump to the conclusion of alien life instead of top secret jet

The air force does prefer it that way
>>
>>18009013
The same reason religion has existed for thousands of years....because people are fucking stupid.
>>
File: 5774a5c4a.gif (926KB, 245x200px) Image search: [Google]
5774a5c4a.gif
926KB, 245x200px
>>18009013
You'd be amazed at how staggeringly small the evidence for extraterrestrial civilizations actually is. Nearly all UFO sightings are most likely either weather events or secret test crafts. Virtually all abduction stories also sound like either sleep paralysis or an attack by some kind of supernatural entity. There is much better evidence for the existence of ghosts or Bigfoot than there is for space aliens.
>>
>>18009013
I've talked to two different psychics who have both had experience of UFO's and described them as non-physical manifestations; they were mental projections by an alien species.

Beyond my experience, make of it what you will.
>>
>>18011036
lol fuck off shill
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.