[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some satanic horror films? I want to see some fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

File: Buer.gif (12KB, 343x384px) Image search: [Google]
Buer.gif
12KB, 343x384px
What are some satanic horror films? I want to see some fucking demons doing their demonic shit, extra points if there is a decent visual representation of hell, extra points if it's actually scary
>>
>>18008853
Listen to me when I say stay AWAY from those movies, they are designed to put Demons in your soul! Hollywood is 666XXX!
>>
>>18008853

Rosemary's Baby
The Devil's Rain (William Shatner!)
The Masque of the Red Death

Uh, pretty much any movie with Satan or Devil in it.
>>
>>18008853
since we're on this subject, maybe someone can help me identify one. in the film an (invisible) demon assaults a girl and peels her face off. years later a team of ghost hunters investigate the house where this happened with the assistance of a college student who is a medium. I can't remember much beyond that besides the words "I serve Hell and in turn Hell serves me" being scrawled on the walls at some point.
>>
>>18009339
Book of Blood
>>
>>18008853
Not satanic per se, but pretty close.
>>
>>18009617
many blessings anon
>>
File: baskin.jpg (66KB, 730x411px) Image search: [Google]
baskin.jpg
66KB, 730x411px
absolutely baskin mate
>>
>>18008853
bumperooni
>>
The Beyond
The Ninth Gate
I Saw the Devil
>>
Hammer Film The Devil Rides Out

Classic.
>>
I'm looking for this particular movie made a few years ago. This dude was doing some paranormal like video recording and like was reading to summon a demon, then ants started showing up and it was a decent watch, not really scary but had some cool shit in it
>>
>>18010148
Possession of Micheal king. Wasnt to bad
>>
>>18009767

This looks fucking fantastic exactly what I'm looking for thanks
>>
File: fire.gif (882KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
fire.gif
882KB, 480x480px
>>18008853

varying degrees of related

the vvitch

eraserhead [any David Lynch really]

eyes wide shut

Watch Steve King's IT and then Read IT
Read the manga "Berserk"
>>
>>18008853
The Church is a really weird movie. The first, like, half of it is pure and complete shit, but once the man guy dies the movie is brilliant.
>>
The first two hellraiser movies are worth a waych, the third isn't too terrible. But after that they just go down hill really quickly.
>>
>>18010902

The movie As above, So below. Has everything you're looking for in it. It's seriously 10/10 good.
>>
>>18008853
Hail King Buer.
>>
>>18011000
>It's seriously 10/10 good.

I don't know about that, anon, it was definitely worth a watch but they could have done a lot more with it
>>
>>18011000
Uhhhh, nah. It's pretty good, but that's because I have thing for underground/cave setting movies. Like 7/10 is the absolute best that movie should be rated. And that's on good day. I like it a lot but don't toss 10/10's around like that.
>>
You'd probably like the August Underground movies (especially Mordum)..I don't know if its the kind of "Satanic" you're looking for, but they're very nihilistic and savage. Also, check out Slaughtered Vomit Dolls.
>>
>>18011000
yo was just about to recc, great if yer in the mood for that type of thing, 7/10 but it fits what yer after real well
>>
File: Inferno.jpg (78KB, 500x772px) Image search: [Google]
Inferno.jpg
78KB, 500x772px
>>18010902
I rather enjoyed Hellraiser: Inferno. It wasn't as brutal and gory as the first two, but storywise it was more in line with the original novella. The box lied though. It's not terrifying, but I did find it interesting enough for a direct to dvd title.

None of them are particularly terrifying now that I think about it. Had the first two not been gorefests, I'm betting they would have been overlooked when they were first released, and largely forgotten today. Don't get me wrong. They are solid storywise too, but at the time slashers were in vogue, and Clive Barker's original story was heavily modified to the point that it was really no longer his story. They were made to capitalize on the slasher craze, but they just happened to turn out to be really good films in their own right.

A lot of people seem to think highly of Hellraiser: Bloodline. I tried to watch it when it first hit VHS, but I couldn't really get into it. I guess I was still a kid at the time, and expecting another unrelenting bloodbath, and it quickly lost me when it failed to be that. I've always meant to go back and give it another try though, now that I'm older, and have my taste in movies has matured. It does sound like an interesting story. I mean ignoring that it's been called Hellraiser in Space--setting an established horror franchise in space (or in Da Hood) is rarely a good idea.
>>
File: Toni_the_pimp.png (390KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
Toni_the_pimp.png
390KB, 853x480px
>>18010682
The Church was a complete mess production wise. It was originally intended to be Demons 3. Unofficially it still is, but for reasons that I no longer remember, they couldn't make the movie they wanted to do, and things got really fucked from there.

As a standalone movie, I think you pretty much nailed it. It sucked completely up until it stopped and got good. Unfortunately the movie was nearly over at that point. As part of the Demons franchise though, it's a complete disappointment. Not even Asia Argento's presence could save it, and usually that's enough for me. Toni the pimp/Hank the gym instructor might have managed to though. He could make just about any movie worth sitting through.
>>
>>18008853
>House of 1000 Corpses/Devil's Rejects/the Omen
focuses on satanic subjects, but no depictions of demons or hell besides Ho1000C
>>
>>18012287
>>18008853
Also, The Exorcist/Exorcism of Emily Rose
>>
>>18009653
I never knew Gearbox made movies.
>>
>>18011494
Inferno is a better silent hill film than the the actual silent hill films. My favorite Hellraiser
>>
>>18010508
The vvitch was such a let down from all aspects of story telling and movie making
>>
File: btc.jpg (506KB, 1400x2000px) Image search: [Google]
btc.jpg
506KB, 1400x2000px
>>
>>18008853
South Park movie. Had Satan as a main character. He was being abused by his boyfriend Saddam Hussein.
>>
File: the-house-of-the-devil.jpg (69KB, 510x755px) Image search: [Google]
the-house-of-the-devil.jpg
69KB, 510x755px
The House of the Devil. It's not big on the visual depictions but it's a really good movie.

>>18011000
That movie is stupid af.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.