[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://yournewswire.com/mysterious- tweet-sparks-fears-edwar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: 1470715850834.jpg (29KB, 696x330px) Image search: [Google]
1470715850834.jpg
29KB, 696x330px
http://yournewswire.com/mysterious-tweet-sparks-fears-edward-snowden-is-missing-or-dead/

>Edward Snowden tweeted a cryptic 64 character code on Friday evening that was deleted minutes later, sparking fears the message was a ‘dead man’s switch’ meaning Snowden is either dead or missing.

>Snowden’s first release in 2013 sent shockwaves through the intelligence community and confirmed suspicions that many people had held about the NSA for years. However the information he released was a mere fraction of the data he held when he left the United States.

>This data was disseminated in encrypted files to trusted journalists and associates. There is a network of people holding encrypted files containing information that was deemed too sensitive to release by Snowden.

>Two days ago Snowden sent an equally cryptic tweet, addressed to his former NSA colleagues, with the message “It’s time.” It is understood with Friday’s 64 character tweet that he may have just released the key to the encrypted files.
>>
>>18007188
god that guy is a faggot. You're a faggot too.
>>
>>18007215
>a cliff
>jump off one
>>
>>18007188
It's been a while since his last deleted tweets on the 5th. I wonder why he hasn't confirmed his safety having to know by now that people are concerned?
>>
>>18007188
A FUCKING SNOWDEN
>>
it's a fucking checksum and it's not fucking spooky you navel gazing faggots
>>
>>18007220
lawyers have but im more interested in what the code is
>>
>>18007218
Just stating the truth.
>>
>>18007188
Didn't he, or Julian Asange have "the motherload" of classified Intel, that would all be released via an encrypted code should either get killed?
>>
>>18007215
>>18007232
Thank you. Your account has been credited.
>>
>>18007188
Bump for intrest
>>
>>18007259

It's mother lode, faggot
>>
>>18007215
>>18007232
thanks for correcting the record
>>
he's fine. or cloned
>>
>>18007188

It must be the key. Judging by the "it's time" tweet, he planned to release everything from the beginning, instead of keeping it as an insurance. He should've been aware that it wouldn't protect him forever, so it makes sense to act sooner than wait for his last breath.

But it's meaningless unless the people with the files can actually release their contents to the public too. Someone will hopefully just make a dump online in a few days. They wouldn't be dumb enough to just keep the files on a laptop at home, while calling their boss and everybody that they've hit big, right...
>>
>>18010048
>sims
>>
File: EzY05M0.png (386KB, 667x670px) Image search: [Google]
EzY05M0.png
386KB, 667x670px
>>18010601
>They wouldn't be dumb enough to just keep the files on a laptop at home, while calling their boss and everybody that they've hit big, right...
>>
>>18007188
This is at least the 4th thread in a row on this very same topic where everyone on the board collectively makes an ass of themselves.
It isn't even paranormal. Stop making these threads.

>>18007220
Why would he have to confirm anything? His life isn't in immediate danger.

>>18007223
Thanks for being the one singular person here who isn't a dumbfuck.

>>18007259
You're thinking of the Wikileaks insurance file. It isn't a code, its a giant encrypted document of diplomatic cables and state secrets. There have been supplemental files released since the first in 2010. The encryption key will be released if Assange is killed.
You can download the insurance files if you want here:

http://wlstorage.net/torrent/wlinsurance-20130815-A.aes256.torrent
http://wlstorage.net/torrent/wlinsurance-20130815-B.aes256.torrent
http://wlstorage.net/torrent/wlinsurance-20130815-C.aes256.torrent

>>18010601
>I'm a tech illiterate retard
>look at me talk out of my ass
>I'm painfully unaware of how retarded I sound
>>
>>18007223
There would be absolutely no need to post a checksum, it has no use to humans. It's probably just a shift cipher with some error correction needed
>>
>>18010646
>I don't know what I'm talking about but I'll pretend anyway

I'd say stop while you're ahead, but it just wouldn't have any meaning.
>>
>>18010653
>says the keyboard warrior
BSc in computer science with a thesis focussing on hashing functions
>>
>>18010658
>CS meme degree
Woah, watch out. We've got a community college grad who thinks hes hot shit, trying to brag on the internet as if an imaginary education excuses his stupidity.

Keep on talking out of your ass, tech illiterate retard. Its hilarious to see a self proclaimed CS student not understand why a hash would be used to verify the integrity of a downloaded file or archive.
>>
>>18010642
>>18010653
>>18010668
Why are you such a faggot? Fuck off and stop taking things so personally.
>>
>>18010706
Stupidity deserves to be called out.
Cry more, kid.
>>
>>18010668
Jesus fucking Christ, you have absolutely no idea how hashes work
>>
>>18010668
>oh shit he knows more than i do
>better up the ad hominem shit to hide that i don't know what i'm talking about
>>
>>18010714
You're just trying way too hard to impress of bunch of schizos and stoned shitposters.
>>
>>18010725
>I don't understand what hashes are, or even what they're used for
>I'll just keep pretending though

Hash checksums are used to verify files, emails, anything. A SHA256 value isn't magic.

>>18010733
>tech illiterate retard desperately talking out of his ass

>>18010749
>impress
Hardly.
>>
>>18010753

This guy knows what he is talking about. Hashes are useful for a number of things, namely those mentioned. They can also be used to say, verify that you are the individual who sent a file privately and anonymously if the need arises. It is basically an identifier of sorts unique to that specific file.

The rest of you are either "disinfo" or retarded.
>>
>>18010642
If you've ever wondered what the paid government disinfo guys look like, here you go.
>>
Snowdead
>>
>>18010792

>>18010646

I run a local leakbox on the west coast (US). There has been plenty of reasons to post checksums.

>shift-ceaser cipher
w-w-what? A literal thousand year old weak cipher that offers almost no security? When Snowden has access to GPG and has used regularly to sign/encrypt with his communications reporters?

As for my leakbox we have a deadman trigger set for our leaks which looks almost exactly like this.

It goes like this:

Two pass hash signaling:
hash(action + salt1) = h1
hash(h1 + salt2) = h2

Publish h2 on any site that is regularly monitored through a python script (twitter/Pastebin/etc). There are few actions registered. One is for severing the hidden service. Another unmounts luks-dmcrypt'ed mount points and kexec's into a memory scrubber [1]. The other begins shredding files like the RSA key for the hidden service (an LE agency gaining access to this can mimic your hiddenservice).

Why not use GPG or ceaser cipher (kek). Well the first one requires you have your key ring on you at all times, the second one you'd have to be a community college graduate to think someone as reputable as snowden would sink this low.

But I can jump on a library computer (or phone) type in the the sequence and publish it on any of my social media. Considering the first salt is a static key, and the second salt is a OTP like list (your only going to have to memorize about 5 of them considering their use case), the ciphertext generated is expansive enough to keep the most diligent GPU's occupied.

If you need to ask why I don't just login to my hidden service and do this myself? Well what's the point of a hidden service If i'm going to be hard pressed into revealing a corollary link between my 'normal' traffic and the type of traffic meant to be compartmentalized away from my identity?

So in short, yes Snowden would have a thousand reasons for publishing a hash.

References
[1] https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/more_efficient_memory_wipe/
>>
>>18011026
Thank you for the intelligent comment, and the education. Much appreciated.
>>
>>18010048
Sorry but it's a doggy dog world, about diamond dozen.
>>
>>18010642
(((you)))
>>
File: CKK97C5WcAAnfxZ.jpg (41KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
CKK97C5WcAAnfxZ.jpg
41KB, 600x450px
>this thread with no computer knowledge
It's all magic to me
>>
I don't see any snowden shills talking about it on their sites.
>>
File: 1469258720421.jpg (41KB, 532x343px) Image search: [Google]
1469258720421.jpg
41KB, 532x343px
More like Edward Snowdead.
>>
>>18007220
Glenn Greenwald tweeted that he is OK.
>>
always thought they had already killed them by the time his story came on CNN in 2013. something is eerie about him...
>>
>>18012932
This.

What the heck is happening
>>
File: mex.jpg (210KB, 1280x706px) Image search: [Google]
mex.jpg
210KB, 1280x706px
>>18007188
Probably related to that movie that's coming out.
>>
>>18007188
is he dee
>>
>>18015117
he is very much alive friend. we need more people like him, the world has become a very scary place with all this technology,
long live snowden!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucRWyGKBVzo
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.