[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /x/ for about two months, almost daily now, my dogs get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 11

File: pucktiggercowboy.jpg (151KB, 960x856px) Image search: [Google]
pucktiggercowboy.jpg
151KB, 960x856px
hey /x/

for about two months, almost daily now, my dogs get all riled up at nothing (as far as I can tell). never really around the same time each day, but every time it's fucking defcon 1. Snarling, hackles up, the works. even my lab gets aggressive, and this dog would fucking sell me out for a belly rub.

What sets these 'episodes' apart from the UPS guy, or a door-to-door salesman, or even a tweaker in our backyard, is that in these situations, they (the lab doesn't give a fuck, usually, so I'm here referring to a golden and a GSD) bark like mad, wait for a person to acknowledge them, then stop barking; while kind of hanging around, growling but waiting for further instructions. They're on the defense, but their territory is secure, or they trust a person to keep it secure.

But in these 'episodes', it's like there is a imminent threat RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW and EVERYONE is going to FUCKING DIE. But then, after about a minute, they immediately cool off and go back to happily licking their butts or chewing a ball or whatever. That's honestly the weirdest thing about it, goes from 0-100 and then back to 0 like nothing. No residual growling or nervousness, just "i want my tennis ballHOLYFUCKINGSHITWHATHEHELLi like chewing things lol".

I mean, we don't have rats, or an abundance of tweakers, or hobos living in our attic (pretty sure about the last one). And we have three elderly cats, too, and they don't really act like anything's wrong, mostly.
These are well trained/behaved dogs, who act like normal dogs except for when they sense or see or hear or whatever this one thing.

I know it's not a dog whistle, or something like that, because many of our neighbors have dogs and if mine can hear it and react so violently, those dogs certainly can too- but they haven't.

Anyways, to get to the point-

If it is something paranormal that is causing this, how can I communicate with it/find out it's intentions? Or actually confirm that it is paranormal.

pic related, are dogs
>>
Also, may or may not be related-

we keep a coop of chickens and rabbits in the back yard, since May or so, rabbits have been dying for no apparent reasons. Just dropping dead. Meat was still good, usually. Honestly, probably the heat, and they've stabilized a few weeks ago, so yeah, not really related but I figured worth throwing in.
>>
>>18006507
Your microwave oven is possessed by Lord Satan Himself.
>>
Do you live in town or outta town ? Maybe you have a predator .. Hawk or Eagle maybe . Scared the rabbits enough to run into the walls of the cage and break neck . Saw a rabbit being chased once and it run thru a cyclone fence and partially skinned itself .
>>
>>18006577
oh shit
that's especially spooky because it broke a while back and we don't have it anymore

But for real, machinery beeping, odd little noises of the like, don't phase them at all.
>>
One of the dogs could be having a health issue that causes it sudden pain and makes it freak out and the other dogs react to it. If it's always the same dog that starts it maybe get him x rayed.
>>
>>18006507
maybe some wasps/hornets or spiders or whatever that are stinging/biting them?

how far away are your next neighbors that own dogs ?
Did you ever asked them directly if their dogs show any "unusual" behavior?
>>
>>18006581
We live kinda in the suburbs of a large city, more on the fringe though. There definitely are hawks here, there is one that roosts on the telephone pole outside our house sometimes. And they have scared the little buggers enough for them to die of fright before.

But these are dying differently, no fractures, or anything. I've skinned some of the corpses before and the only difference is that the veins are weird. I'm no vet or anything, but the rabbits that suddenly die as opposed to fright or heat or etc, their veins don't look right.
>>
>>18006587
I actually thought that was it, around a month ago.

Took the usual instigator (GSD) in, cause he needs to be checked out for future neutering anyways.

Other than a palate count that was slightly low, he's as clean as a whistle.

And since then the golden has been freaking out first most of the time, and he just had a check up, so idk.
>>
>>18006589
That's a possibly. But they don't itch afterwards or bite at themselves, which if they were stung, would require more willpower than they have.

next door neighbors, are next door, literally the other side of a fence on a little yard. I haven't knocked on their doors and asked, but i see them on walks around the neighborhood with their own dogs, and from what i can glean from the conversations and their body language their dogs are acting/ home life is pretty normal.
>>
Damn. 4chan deleted my comment or something when I switched tabs.

You have a haunting. Maybe a demon. All the stories I read about this sort of thing the dogs, if the OP has them, either 1) seem to bark at nothing at Defcon 1 like you said, maybe a corner or the house or just at the empty air or 2) are found hiding terrified under a bed and refuse to come out. Maybe burn some sage or palo santo and ring some bells to reclaim the place as you own and get negativity and negative entities out of there. Maybe get a shaman to bless the place. Don't go to a witch doctor though. They may have placed the spirit on your house to get you to spend money with them. I find priests to be a lot of the time ineffectual. I had a cat that would chase invisible something up and down my hallway with a very determined look on her face. Peace be with you.
>>
>>18006615
Okay. than its probalby not some kind of insects anoying them.
did they ever freaked out while inside your house ? If so you can probalby exclude any kind of wildlife causeing the behavior, unless your home is a total mess ;)

Would it be a possibility to just ask them? However, i would't bring up the "there's something creepy about it " part at all.
>>
>>18006663
oh sorry, I probably should have been more clear-- it's always in my house that they do this. not in any one specific place, though.

i hope it's not a mess haha
>>
>>18006625
noted. after thread sages i will look into my options, including this.
>>
>>18006663
forgot to answer last part:
yes, I could just ask them. I should weasel it in somehow in the pleasantries
>>
>>18006685
Thats strange. Only things i could think of is either something in your house making high frequency sounds wich are driving them crazy (maybe some leaking outlet of an old heating system?), some marten that's living in your partion wall (if there are martens where you're from) or the Dog-Poltergeist himself.

>>18006694

If the dogs are only freaking out in your house and not in the yard/naighborhood i dont think you'll get any intresting answers from them.
>>
>>18006733
*partition wall
>>
Have to wonder if they smell something and simply want to frighten it out of their territory to stay dominant where they're living.
>>
>>18006733
Easy enough to find out, the high frequency noise. There's probably an app for that, and I will go find it. I don't think martens live around here but yeah, could be some sort of animal.

>Dog-Poltergeist
pls no
>>
>>18006606
I had a beagle who would moan and had low platelette counts then some immune disorder killed him when he was about 10
>>
>>18006740
Must be a strong smell
>>
>>18006747
well shit. sorry for your loss. did he have any other signs than a low palate count? or did he just check out? D:
>>
>>18006752
Cryptids could be a possibility. Don't know much on Bigfoot yet maybe there is one in your zone, make a garden and see if it visits and let us know what happens.
>>
>>18006744
Good idea. If you find any app thats checking for high frequency noises, pls share the ruslut.
>>
>>18006507
i have not legitimately laughed in a while and "this og would sell me out for a belly rub" made me fucking lose it haha, thanks, anyways. Honestly, if it keeps happening best route is to observe, there has to be a cause, maybe there are rats and you havent seen them ya know? check to see if theyre looking at any direction in particular. Dogs are very sensitive with hearing, maybe somethings going on around? Have their other behavioral patterns been somewhat the same?
>>
>>18006760
I have a "garden" that doesn't really produce much other than red peppers. I don't know much about crypids, but if there is easy food (chickens, rabbits, timothy hay/alfalfa) why not take that but just irritate some dogs?
>>
File: image.png (668KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
668KB, 750x1334px
>>18006787
I found this, downloading now... Has decent reviews, and I had some money from an old gift card I wasn't planning to use otherwise, so I splured on "pro".
>>
My dogs freak when the others come to visit.

Normally after a few barks the lights dim and they go away.
>>
>>18006811
Hey man, no problem. Glad someone other than me thinks I'm funny.

We have seen rats rarely around the neighborhood, so yeah, we could just have very well adapted and street smart rats loose in our walls- cause not only are there hawks, there's our chickens (they hunt, definitely are descended from T-rexes), and the three cats (however elderly, they still catch birds and wild hares all the time, it seems). If my memory serves, the only time I've seen a dead rat on our property is a year ago? Two? Golden was flinging it up in the air and having a grand old time with it's corpse. Too late to check now, but tomorrow morning I'll open up the attic/crawlspace and check for droppings.

As for direction, it's not very consistent- sometimes towards the front door, sometimes to the door leading into the garage.

All other behaviors are the same. Eating regular as well.
>>
>>18006874
I haven't noticed any dimming on my end, but I guess now it's something to watch out for.
>>
File: 1468544787184.jpg (7KB, 240x232px) Image search: [Google]
1468544787184.jpg
7KB, 240x232px
>>18006874

>My dogs freak when the others come to visit.

wich "others" ?
>>
>>18006937
The artificial humans.

People that aren't people. People that seem like they've never been around other humans.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1334x750px
Op here, app seems to be working, or at least doing something. Here is what my house sounds like with regular noise level (fans mostly). Spike at the end is the shutter sound
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1334x750px
In comparison, here is local convenience store
>>
>>18007010
Thanks for sharing.
To be honestly i'm not much into acustics.
Do the colours tell something about the frequency ? If so is it yellow for high to purple for low frequency or the other way around ?
>>
>>18007086
yeah I know some basic knowledge, but the UI isn't that great.

But I think the yellow roughly means audible sound, or at least able to be picked up by the microphone. I need to do a crash course to really know what all it means
>>
>>18007119
Ah okay.
Good luck with the crash course. If you cant figure out what it exactly tells beside the volume (like me) try to ask at /sci/ or maybe /wsr/
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 192x184px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 192x184px
>4chan acting like sensible, civil people
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1334x750px
OP again.

About the check the attic.

Side note: I woke up and for whatever reason, something just didn't feel right. I don't know how to explain it, I just felt on edge. Got this from the spectrometer, again, I'm not exactly sure how to read it yet, but everything was at the noise level as the first reading yesterday, so....

The dogs seemed happy to see me. Which was strange, because I haven't left the house all night, I've been sleeping.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1334x750px
Attic is fine. Nobody has been in there since we put a shit ton of fiberglass insulation there, and as far as I can tell, it has been disturbed by nothing. No droppings or weird smells. It was just hot as hell, but, that's normal.

Spectrometer results looked pretty close to first results.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Two pictures of the attic.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>18008837
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.