[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where deja vu is getting the feeling of having experienced something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

Where deja vu is getting the feeling of having experienced something before, is there a word for when you dream of a specific event that actually happens later on? And does anyone else experience this?
>>
File: 1469750599780.png (2MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1469750599780.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
I've experienced the same thing OP, it's freaky because something just clicks. I don't usually remember my dreams but when this happens, I immediately remember that I dreamt of this before
>>
>>18005261
>I don't usually remember my dreams but when this happens, I immediately remember that I dreamt of this before
I left this out of the OP because I knew if someone brought up this aspect they were being legimate. Thanks for not being an RP faggot.

Have you found anything triggers this or looked into it at all? I've been going through it my whole life but I want to know more
>>
>>18005255
I like to write down my dreams which seem realistic because of this. I dreamed that I helped my father working something on roof of our house 4 months ago, and today it happened
>>
I dreamnt i got scolded at work for hitting a woman. Which later led to a janitor flirting with me and getting ke fired. I then dreamnt of my neighbor going behind my back which led to her telling her mom that i was trolling her on fb. I said what the he k i need change the way i am completely.
>>
>>18005255
It is literally the same. It is called deja vu
>>
>>18005255
premonition
>>
yay, it happened to me a few months ago. weird feeling tho
>>
I get this all the time. It's never like big things that triggers it. I'll just be staring at a random corner at work or something and get that feeling that I've dreamt this before
>>
File: WWWtW (10).jpg (26KB, 720x416px) Image search: [Google]
WWWtW (10).jpg
26KB, 720x416px
>>
>>18005255

>be me, 21 years old
>roomate's cousin is going off about a 'demon' presence in the apartment
>all scoff, whatever, go back to smoking pot
>that night, have the most utterly terrifying panic attack
>writhing on the ground uncontrollably
>convinced I'm going to die
>lasts about 18 hours of waves of terror and anxiety, fading to numbness

>Swear off all drugs. Brain can't handle any stimulus. Just being sober is hard enough. Feel dead inside.

>Month later, I have the first dream I can remember waking up from in years.

>In dream, I am on a highway interchange
>very busy, fast cars, nothing bud concrete and barricades
>around me are 10-20 dogs of various sizes, shapes, and colors
>Realize what is going on, start desperately trying to save all the dogs from the impossibly fast traffic
>Wake up yelling at 3am, to the sound of crashing glass and screaming dogs

>Spend next day spooped out of my mind
>can't eat, keep crying, basically huddled on the couch watching cartoons and trying to find a happy place
>that night, an old friend comes over
>never saw him much because his girlfriend didn't like us
>this time, she was with him.
>all: wtf?
>he comes in, packs a bowl, and starts to tell us about what happened to him last night

>he says he had just gotten home
>dog jumps out of car. Goes to sniff front yard.
>No leash, front door is near by, trust was established.
>suddenly, dog looks out the fence that surrounds the neighborhood
>looks at our friend
>friend says, "with the most wicked grin," dog darts out between the fence posts.
>friend has to go around because he is not a little dog
>runs up street to see dog gaily gallivanting in the road, jumping and frolicking and having a good old romp
>friend calls to dog, dog does a play bow (front down, butt up, waggy tail, "play!")
>car drives by, dog looks at friend one last time, and takes off after the car
>gets hit by oncoming car

>friend rushes dog to emergency vet. Dog was put to sleep at 3am that night.
>>
File: my daily driver.jpg (162KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
my daily driver.jpg
162KB, 640x480px
>>18005255

I tend to get deja vu often lately when I drive. I always feel like i've just been to this place before, especially right before I reach certain corners on a road. What should I do /x/?

Pic related, my car.
>>
>>18006302
I think you should break into the night.
>>
It's called deja reve, (vu=to see reve=to dream in French). I have been experiencing this since I remember being able to dream. I could see exactly what I would see in that moment. As I got older it has developed, and I am now also able to hear, think and see images I visualise in my mind in these moments. When I first started to dream what I was going to think I ended up in a "I dreamed this!" loop (remembering that you remember that you have already dreamt this). Any out there with similar experiences?
>>
>>18005255
Haven't seen that Paul Pope illo before, nice! Thanks. You can tell it's him by how he draws hands. Weirdly static image for pope, though.
>>
I get these a lot, less so lately, they usually come from dreams or daydreams, they're never anything big like a car crash or affiliation dying though. Usually just small things, like me and my mates on a couch talking and they start having a conversation exactly like one of my dreams, they just happen randomly and i cant control them.
>>
>>18006748
Thats how it works.

Been there thousands of times myself, it's odd.
>>
It happened more when I was a kid but still happens infrequently today, I used to day dream like obscure moments in time I guess would be the best way to describe it. Like I'd be someplace ie school just daydreaming and I'd feel/picture a hockey game or something I dunno how to really explain properly but I'd feel/picture a hockey game with friends. At some point in the future it would happen exactly like I pictured I mean exactly, I'd know it was happening and would. Feel I guess weird for a minute and then carry on. I used to think maybe they marked important turning points in my life or something but I really doubt it as nothing important has ever happened before or after. Like the most recent one was a week or so ago and it was something to do with wow and a conversation with my buddy, I knew he was gonna say all the shit he said like it was a memory already . Shit has been mega weird in the past but is pretty tame now.
>>
>>18005255
Precognition is the word your looking for I think
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 540x364px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 540x364px
>>18005255
I sometimes get like a "day dream" of sorts, they just come to me randomly,

I can't tell when it happens or how it happens, it just does.

It's really weird.
>>
It's so weird how this is a well-spread and almost common phenomena, yet I can't find any research or deep discussion on the topic
>>
>>18005255
Write down your dreams instead of just "remembering" them after the event really happens
You will realize that it's just your brain being a retard and your dreams never actually predict anything
>>
>>18008624
Or it confirms it beyond a reasonable doubt
>>
Like a year or two ago when that huge earthquake hit Chile, I had a dream the night before that I was in the middle of one, it was so terrifying and realistic that I woke up gasping, then I try to chill out by scrolling Facebook and see all of the posts about the quake. Weird as fuck man.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.