[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok /x/ I have some questions for you. full disclosure, this is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

Ok /x/ I have some questions for you. full disclosure, this is my first post on /x/ ever and I'm an atheist/skeptic so I don't believe a damn thing that any of you do. that being, said I'm not here to argue, debunk or otherwise be a prick to you. I'm just here because I can't think of another place to go to ask about this esoteric idea I've stumbled upon.

I'm an ancient-fag fa/tg/uy and I desperately need information about the Electric Universe Theory. I'm trying to come up with a new game universe to run my group through and the EU seems rich as fuck for a potential setting.

What I already know and questions I have: earth and mars originally orbited Saturn. Saturn was the constant polestar at the northpole.

sure makes sense, earth could've been tidally locked or it's axis was spinning perpendicular to the the earths orbit around saturn.

how does the EU/velikovsky account for the southern hemipshere or western hemisphere under either of these models?

my other big question is how did the earth survive being hurled from Saturn's nova event to it's present orbit around Sol?
>>
File: 1467613449492.png (218KB, 403x376px) Image search: [Google]
1467613449492.png
218KB, 403x376px
fuck. when i said

>how does the EU/velikovsky account for the southern hemipshere or western hemisphere under either of these models?

I meant to say

how does the EU/velikovsky account for the southern hemipshere or western hemisphere under either of these models being able to witness Saturn when that would've been impossible. Yet they rely on myths from the western and southern hemispheres for their arguments. most notably from the west, the aztecs and from the south aboriginals
>>
go back to your games
>>
File: ElectricUniverse.jpg (3KB, 220x229px) Image search: [Google]
ElectricUniverse.jpg
3KB, 220x229px
last self bump.

for you /x/philes, /x/ians or whatever the hell you call yourselves these days, who have no idea what I'm talking about, the following maybe very interesting to you.

Immanuel Velikovsky posited back in the 50's that at one time the earth orbited Saturn which used to be a brown Dwarf star.

He wrote a book called Worlds in Collision and lectured for almost 2 decades on the subject. he posited that the clash of the planets was responsible for a great deal of mythology around the world. he also believed that their was an almost Jungian ancestral memory of the cataclysms from the earth being yoyo'd between saturn and the sun, and that those ancestral memories scar our collective pysche to this day.

Saturn hexagon for fun.
>>
>>18004735
no u.

seriously, I just want to know if someone has an authoritative text on this topic.
>>
fine fuck it.

this is now a tulpa/slender man thread.
>>
File: image059.jpg (56KB, 452x323px) Image search: [Google]
image059.jpg
56KB, 452x323px
I personally don't believe the theories stated in Worlds In Collision.
I do believe in the EU theory though.

It's possible that Earth, Mars, Saturn and Neptune originated from the same plane though.
see pic.
>>
electric universe is a load of bullshit. The gravitational effects of an object as large as saturn moving from the center of the solar system to it's current position would leave tons of evidence.
>>
>>18004728
>Electric Universe Theory
I see someone doesn't know what "theory" means. A theory isn't just something someone pulled out of his ass.
>>
>>18004741

That's a stupid hypothesis.
>>
File: 1458686733239.jpg (63KB, 500x347px) Image search: [Google]
1458686733239.jpg
63KB, 500x347px
>>18004728
>2^2*5+2^3
>expecting /x/ to understand what tidally locked means
mfw
>>
File: dumbfuckery.gif (55KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
dumbfuckery.gif
55KB, 500x282px
>>18004728
>What I already know and questions I have: earth and mars originally orbited Saturn. Saturn was the constant polestar at the northpole.
>>
File: 1469292192098.jpg (41KB, 480x622px) Image search: [Google]
1469292192098.jpg
41KB, 480x622px
>>18005914
Again, I never said I believed it, but that I'm using it for a roleplaying setting. did you just skip the first several sentences i wrote?

>>18005613

I know what theory means fucknut. I'm referring to it as it's adherents do since I am trying to learn about their worldview to, ONCE AGAIN CREATE A FICTIONAL SETTING

>>18005343

Ok I still don't understand how the biosphere on earth survived the trip from Saturn to it's present orbit.

>>18005488
Jesus christ you fucking people. I never said I believed it. I outright stated the opposite. I'm not asking for a fucking debate on the merits of electric universe. just more information on what people believe BECAUSE I AM BASING A FANTASY SPACE-OPERA GAME AROUND IT.

HOLY FUCKING FUCK HOW BAD IS THE READING COMPREHENSION ON THIS BOARD.
>>
>>18006536
Well, from a scientific standpoint, plasma cosmology explains the same observable universe as gravity-centric models do. You can't really derive a new reality from it. Uhhhhhh I mean shit, you're better off just making a sci-fi space opera and leaving that out, as people are probably just going to assume you're retarded. I mean, you see how hard it was for these neckbeards to get past it haha.
>>
>>18006807
why? it provides a rich ad hoc world to build on.

it's like the force in star wars. yeah it's clearly magic but that being said you don't fucking criticize star wars for having the force.

People who play dungeons and dragons aren't gonna go all aspie REEEE and say the EU could never exist.

it's fucking mythology.
>>
dear /x/

I'm never fucking coming back here. you people can't into reading comprehension for shit apparently.

ask for a break down of a world view for the purpose of fiction and you get 4 faggots saying why do you believe that when I've clearly stated i didn't and 2 more saying here's why it's plausible without answering any of my questions.

jesus christ. what a shit board.
>>
>>18006536
>Again, I never said I believed it

Yea, but there are people who do. And one of their favorite tactics is to try and pass themselves off as neutral skeptics, just wanting to get to the bottom of shit. Go browse the astronomy article comments on phys.org. I'd say a good 75% or more of the comments are EU faggots, and people trying to correct them.
>>
>>18007605
You'll be back.
>>
>>18007605
dear anon,

you want something explained, that is internaly inconsistent and physically impossible. There is no explanation. Please dont get offended, when people point this out.
to answer your questions
it doesnt account for that
it just did
>>
>>18006536
thats funny. Why so angry? Nobody claimed that you believe in it
>>
>>18007605
Literally nobody asked you why you believe it faggot. Talking about reading comprehension
>>
>>18004728
>earth and mars originally orbited Saturn.
This sounds really far fetched anon, maybe you should do a bit or research on how the solar system and the planets formed according to science instead of just believing what some retard on youtube told you.
>>
>>18008561
You really want him to get mad
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.