[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any active cults today? What are they? I'm particularly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

Are there any active cults today? What are they?

I'm particularly interested in the Colorado and Massachusetts areas.
>>
>>18002174
Yellow Deli
Islam
also why do you want to join a cult?
>>
>>18002174
Plenty. Here in CA most cults are Christianity based. There's so many around here
>>
I do cold calling for a business loans. Dude had to call religious organizations once and found one in my list called the "brotherhood of the white temple"
>>
anybody have any freaky scientology videos?
>>
File: us-marine-corps-hawk.jpg (163KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
us-marine-corps-hawk.jpg
163KB, 1024x768px
I'm in a pretty fucked up Christian death cult op, most guys who leave early on end up OK after a while but dudes who stay too long are basically brainwashed for life
>>
>>18002174
The difference between a cult and a religion is government recognition
>>
>>18002590
I know some Catholics too
>>
i am cult

what do you need to know?
>>
>>18002590
>>18003013
I was going to say this is a common Western tradition

Ironic, because Jesus preached that his followers should not partake in fights and violence
>>
>>18003059
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."
Matthew 10:34
>>
>>18003110
This does not necessarily imply that Jesus is telling people to take up arms?

I personally think that is a statement dealing with His relationship with the cosmos, and as an existential statement for how life will be after His ascension (Which occurred after He was crucified)
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1413x1817px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1413x1817px
Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. 36And a person’s enemies will be those of his own household. 37Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.
>>
>>18002174
I wanna be in a cult, any cult.
Anything to make friends..
:'(
>>
>>18003110
You're an idiot.

>>18003131
You're an even bigger idiot, read the full passage. You literally just made up some stupid bullshit in your head and decided to run with it.
Jesus himself is the sword, the sword being the word, the gospel of the lord. He continues to say that he will split families, father from son, and etc. Describing how a member of a family embracing Jesus would cause them to turn away from family and tradition, giving themselves fully to Christ.

>hurrr its the universe and cosmos guys

Seriously, anon. You're a huge dipshit, and I have a hard time believing you'd be good at anything in life.
>>
Although, I must say that I do not necessarily think that Jesus is implying that soldiers should stop being soldiers

I think that there is a special dignity given to soldiers throughout the new testament
>>
>>18003153
Well what makes you qualified to say that you're persuasion is correct and others' is incorrect

"Judge not that he be not judged"

God speaks in many figures of speech and of course even parables throughout the entirety of the Bible
>>
File: image.jpg (355KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
355KB, 1024x768px
>>18003150
Follow the LORD. This is what we were born to do and we will live forever.
>>
File: par7892364.jpg (72KB, 657x525px) Image search: [Google]
par7892364.jpg
72KB, 657x525px
>>18003022
proov it
>>
>>18003150
This was pretty much exactly how I was before God revealed His wonders to me. His family is everywhere and I believe some of them are even existing right now as we speak as spirits in heaven

God bless you! : )
>>
>>18003168
>>18003177

I was born and raised orthodox, but when I got older I realized that this is all a fairy tale, and I am an agnostic now.

There is a higher force, for sure,
but not in the way the church is describing it.
>>
>>18003161
>persuasion
>you are

What I posted isn't an interpretation, it is the one and only explicit meaning of the passage.
>>
File: richey2.jpg (19KB, 331x400px) Image search: [Google]
richey2.jpg
19KB, 331x400px
The Cult of Richey
>>
>>18003150
Pokemon Go friend
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.