[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone on /x/ explain to me the symbolism of the Black Sun?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 14

File: Black_Sun.png (152KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Black_Sun.png
152KB, 2000x2000px
Can someone on /x/ explain to me the symbolism of the Black Sun? I'm familiar with Wewelsburg but I was wondering if there was a concensus in occult or esoteric circles about its exact meaning. The most I've come to is that its a symbol of the Absolute or Godhead or a symbol for the hidden energy behind the cosmos.
>>
>>17997596
it's just another left over symbol from the medieval days when there were esoteric symbols for little understood sciences. I think it has something to do with mercury and alchemy.
>>
>>17997608
Interesting. Is there a more contemporary meaning assigned to it nowadays?
>>
>>17997616
if there is I'm not aware of it.

what about it captured your interest?
>>
It's just an interesting symbol that utilises efficinecy perfectly, while at the same time, filling(eating) space, but creating change at the same time.
Applying the feeling of it to things, is how you learn about it, but you would need to understand how to feel as the Black Sun, by at one time embodying the alignment of it's symbolism.
>>
>>17997625
In all honesty, I just think it looks cool. Also, it seems to be growing in popularity. I'm seeing more and more memes coming out from the Right featuring it somewhere in the background.

Who knows? Maybe they're using it to channel into this meme magic thing.
>>
File: vril emblem.png (673KB, 1135x1228px) Image search: [Google]
vril emblem.png
673KB, 1135x1228px
>>17997596
>hidden energy behind the cosmos.
There are books you can find, if you look hard enough. Some of the mega library archives here have some.

If you want a general starting point, go to Wikipedia for Black Sun (occult) and spread out from the names there, especially Karl Maria Wiligut (who hardly ever gets talked about, strangely enough, ha).
>>
>>17997608
That's not it at all. The symbol is enormously important to certain esoteric groups, and it has nothing to do with medieval alchemical concerns. It refers to various concepts, depending on who you're talking to, from a burnt-out sun at the center of the universe, to a parallel sun (as in, As Above, So Below) to create harmony with our sun, to a source of esoteric energy that permeates everything in the multiverse, and so on.

Early similarities are found in brooches from the Migration period, very much pre-dating the medieval period, for starters.
>>
>>17997678
I'm somewhat familiar with Armanenism or Rune Magic. Not very, however.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRr98d-L3zQ

In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of God, hovering above? At least it is true, that man has no control, even over his own will.

The opus laughs.
>>
>>17997698
That's funny, I just got done watching the newest episode of the latest Berserk adaption.

Spoiler alert: it sucked. It just keeps getting a little less worse each episode.
>>
File: maria orsic.jpg (124KB, 800x1021px) Image search: [Google]
maria orsic.jpg
124KB, 800x1021px
>>17997696
Wiligut had his own rune system similar but not identical to Guido Von List's. The Armanen system is a modern created form. Wiligut said his form was taught to him by his father/grandfather (can't remember), and is somewhat similar to the Elder Futhark, the oldest and historical system of rune magic. The whole Black Sun idea is more of an overall arching theme to things, a sort of guiding ideology where one could then use tools (the runes of one system or another) to interact with the multiverse.
>>
File: Eclipse_calling.jpg (14KB, 580x350px) Image search: [Google]
Eclipse_calling.jpg
14KB, 580x350px
>>17997713
*sigh* I haven't watched any of them yet, but the three movies were a let down compared to the original series. I'll watch the new series, but that's what I'm afraid of, all right. It seems like they're going farther away from their own Black Sun and becoming weaker.
>>
>>17997596
The black sun is basically another way of saying black hearted. It means more than that but that's the basic jest of it.
>>
>>17997728
You're better off just sticking with the manga.
>>
>>17997738
yeah, I've got it all, and I'm taking my time with it as new volumes come out every blue moon.
>>
>>17997596

IIRC, it's an alemannic brooch from a couple thousand years ago.

I don't remember the power behind the symbol though.

I believe it was yet another power rune co-opted by the nazis.
>>
>>17997749
the nazis co-opted it but it has a different meaning than what the nazis say it means.
>>
File: images (10).jpg (8KB, 292x172px) Image search: [Google]
images (10).jpg
8KB, 292x172px
it's known as the eye of wotan
>>
File: BlackSun2.jpg (37KB, 399x389px) Image search: [Google]
BlackSun2.jpg
37KB, 399x389px
>>
It's a variant of Fylfot, but to me personally it feels like a Nordic version of the chaos star
>>
File: 1464337500655.png (1MB, 832x2832px) Image search: [Google]
1464337500655.png
1MB, 832x2832px
more fylfot
>>
>>17998379
yeah, people are taking it and running with it, all right
>>
>>17997596
Here's a guess.

If white light casts black shadows, then black light casts white shadows, which reveal what is usually hidden (occult).
>>
File: 63.jpg (32KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
63.jpg
32KB, 540x405px
A lot of white supremacist groups have adopted the symbol.

Of course it's true meaning has nothing to do with racial anything, just like the true meaning of the moon and star has nothing to do with islam.

It's very common that groups will adopt ancient symbols and traditions in the formation of their own, with the true original meaning lost to time.

If you want to know the truth, I suggest freemasonry.
>>
>>17997596
I know quite a bit about it myself. Simply put it's not a good symbol.
>>
>>18000156
care to explain?
>>
>>18000159
Honestly, I don't care to get to far into it. But, hmm... let's do a little thought experiment. What do you see/feel when you directly look upon it for an extended period of time.
>>
>>18000166
Sorry for the typos*

My computer's internet connection is slightly hiccuping, so I'm not catching grammatical errors fast enough before posting.
>>
>>18000166
nothing really, why does it make you feel a certain way?
>>
>>18000159
>>18000166
Fix'd

What do you see/feel when you directly look upon it for an extended period of time?
>>
>>18000171
It should, sadly if you know about it. It's exerting a certain degree of influence on you. Think of it like, a passing thought, being spread like a disease. This "thing" is influencing humanity as a whole, guiding it to it's ideal future.

Kinda a shitty example but, you guys ever play Persona 4, well remember the boss, Erebus? Well it's like that, yet humanity didn't create it, but some of us are calling to it. Which if it gets it's way the apocalypse will occur for sure.
>>
>>18000171
>>18000186
The Black Sun imagery has been spread all throughout media, through video games, music, movies, shows. Sometimes it's not an accurate depiction, other times it's spot on.

David Bowie, probably gave his soul up to the thing when he died.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kszLwBaC4Sw

That was his tribute before he died, his reverence.
>>
>>18000171
But, it's a Fallen Solar Angel to be frank. It's also a black singularity of everything wrong and evil in this world and the next. Pray you never see it.
>>
>>18000171
Is there anything else you would like to know? Honestly considering you already know some shit about it, you should probably try to understand it since it's a problem for you now.
>>
File: BlackSun.jpg (148KB, 698x720px) Image search: [Google]
BlackSun.jpg
148KB, 698x720px
>>18000208
Also sorry if it seems, out there. I know it sounds crazy, but it's the truth. I didn't dumb it down either, just bombarded you with some of what I know.
>>
>>18000125
what does a checkerboard floor signify
>>
>>18000212
this looks like a ps1 platformer and i need more
>>
times are gone for honest men
>>
File: 1470529082606.jpg (63KB, 476x616px) Image search: [Google]
1470529082606.jpg
63KB, 476x616px
>>18000284
jokes on you i already saved it
>>
>>18000278
Not him, but duality. It's also a reference to chess, and that good and evil are two sides fighting against each other in an eternal struggle to see which side ultimately wins.
>>
>>18000312
reverse image search leads to... what the fuck

at least i chose the right team
>>
File: TooBad.jpg (48KB, 572x808px) Image search: [Google]
TooBad.jpg
48KB, 572x808px
>>18000321
What team is that?
>>
>>18000333
the left handed path to yahweh's doorstep
>>
>>18000353
what is the left hand path? isn't that the evil one?
>>
>>18000358
its the lucid one
>>
>>18000312
what the fuck is going on in this mural and why is there a black sun?
>>
>>18000367
banking, its a bankers mural
>>
>>18000383
doesn't look like it's about banking at all bro
>>
>>18000367
Because it's a depiction of prophecy and religion. The cube entangles the human form; imprisoning it. The women dances to her master's will (You can see her strings).

Burning tree, if a clear reference to the burning bush in the Bible. The stairway, ascending into heaven. The man in red I have a hard to seeing (Eyes aren't very good). So I'll leave that one alone. The checkered floor is instead red and white, not the usual black and white.

That means there is a new player. I've already said as much as I will about the Black Sun.
>>
It represents the sun, and the 12 rays represent the 12 months of the year. It's a symbol for the world, the time and the harvest.
>>
>>18000449
Freemason by chance?
>>
>>18000456

http://www.infowars.com/prophetic-art-in-bank-of-america/

I feel like this is a pretty good interpretation.
>>
>>17997695
It seems as if it is a symbol for the black hole in which our universe resides; it would be a burnt out sun, in a parallel universe, and be omnipresent in our universe.
That's my theory anyways.
>>
>>18000278
Alternating black and white represent rules, structure, and fate, much as how a chess board, whose colors are black and white, is the base on which the game is played, and ultimately determines the rules by which the game is played.
>>
File: Terrorist_nuke.jpg (23KB, 300x447px) Image search: [Google]
Terrorist_nuke.jpg
23KB, 300x447px
>>18000333
FNORD!
>>
>>17997596
Funny coincidence that you should be running this thread while this song is stuck in my head:
https://youtu.be/QxClR-huQC0
>>
>>18001826
That video is awesome.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.