[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /x/'s opinion on immortality? Do you think will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 15

File: factorialist_immortality_cryo.jpg (176KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
factorialist_immortality_cryo.jpg
176KB, 1200x800px
What's /x/'s opinion on immortality? Do you think will it ever be achievable? Or is a way already discovered but kept as a secret?
>>
>>17995291
>already discovered but kept as a secret

I have some investments and work close with Dmitry Itskov, the founder of project 2045. This is his life mission; if it existed, he wouldn't be pouring millions into this.

I however disagree with his route of achieving immortality. I don't believe uploading your consciousness into an electronic device is the way we will accomplish this. Nano computers implanted into tissue will aid and repair the body as it ages and decays.
>>
Its all about genetics. Not nanites.

Preventing telomere shortening. Improving DNA repair mechanisms. Chromatin dynamics, Controlling hetero-chromatin availability.

There are jellyfish species which are immortal. they cycle through their life cycle ad infinitum. starting as larva entering a growth phase when resources are favorable and then reaching reproductive maturity.
Once it has reproduced it reverts to the larval stage and continues.

Imagine if, once people reached middle age, around the time women reach menopause, that a genetic switch was flipped. their bodies reverted to a state like the beginning of puberty.

elevated epithelial cell turnover, scar tissue degrades and is replaced with normal tissue. fat is burned off rapidly. Gaining muscle becomes easy again.

One of the main issues is getting the brain to survive for m,ore than a standard lifetime
>>
I hear the Masons use anal sex to prolong life.
>>
>>17995291
If immortality is discovered, or invented, or whatever, I'll kill myself before I allow that curse to be imposed on me. I see no good that can come from immortality.
>>
>>17995637
Immortality an invulnerability are not synonymous. You could always get immortality and then if you decided after 100 years or so that you dont like it just buy a gun shoot yourself.
>>
>>17995680
I'd rather save myself the 100 years and get it over with.
>>
>>17995691
Personally, eternal youth is my life goal. I see my family getting older, remembering my parents when they were young and beautiful, and I don't want to be that way. My grandfather hates his birthday, he hates that he's getting one step closer to death, and that his body becomes more frail each passing day.

I don't want to live that curse.
>>
>>17995291
Impossible shit.
>>
File: nope cat.jpg (63KB, 620x789px) Image search: [Google]
nope cat.jpg
63KB, 620x789px
>>17995600
>bodies reverted to a state like the beginning of puberty

So not only would I be sentenced to another lifetime at that point, but also I'd have to go back to high school?
>>
Cybernetic immortality is achievable
>>
>>17995291
>>17995300
>>17995729

Can anyone explain to me why immortality is desirable? This is a serious question.
>>
>>17995818

Because death is for cucks
>>
>>17995818

it's human desire to achieve and conquer. conquering death would literally be the greatest achievement in all of human history, to have total control and choose if and when you die...what's not to like about that?
>>
>>17995818
I personally love life and I can't imagine this getting boring one day. I just want to go on forever, vaporize some dank sativa-dominant hybrid, play a vidya or make love with my woman, eat a good meal and drive a fast car around. If you wish to die, that's your thing, but I want to live. Life is amazing.
>>
I know nothing about cellular biology, but with my limited understanding, I'd guess that in order to become immortal, our safest bet is to find a way to completely halt cellular degradation, thus, preventing aging, then, find a way to invent means for cells to restore themselves, maybe? So as to stop aging, but also prevent overall wearing down of the body.
>>
>>17995291
as a biochemist

1) Aging is related to the damage and lenght of telomeres.
>>17995600
is right
this is the immortal jellyfish
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turritopsis_dohrnii

Also cancer cells are immortal, check HELA cells.

2) If we could manage to control the aging and damage of telomeres, and express self repair mechanism then sure we could easily live to +200 years.

HOWEVER
there are severe problems on that:
1) although we know what we could fix, we dont know how to improve it since this science has the following problems
a) Human experimentation has severe ethic problems and blockages
b) Due to this western cucks would never allow this to happen, there is a lot of legal locks that exist or will be created to avoid transhumanism (as if rich people care of laws tho)

2) We know SHIT about the brain, so we could still experiment some degenerative sickness or madness on the way
>>
>>17995852
Trust me, it gets tedious quick. Even sex.

Not to mention the dystopic future already under way... good luck using your vaporizer when there's a full automated in-home police presence, human-piloted cars will be gone in 20 years... the future looks to be the opposite of natural and pleasant.

So I still don't understand. But thanks for trying.
>>
>>17995291
>Or is a way already discovered but kept as a secret?

Only if it happens like in Highlander (people are born this way and keep it a secret), but you should know... that's highly unlikely.
And why I say that?
Well, do you really think immortality would have been achieved when we don't have cures for AIDS, cancer, alzheimer's, parkinson's etc. (and the list is huge)?
The knowledge necessary to make one immortal would go beyond the knowledge needed to cure all of this shit.
>>
>>17995291
Humans are physically and mentally too weak to achieve immortality. Nature rewards the strong.
>>
>>17995852
If humans were to be immortal, do you have any idea how many years a human would have to work in his life? Sure, even a person who drops out of high-school and ends up becoming a failure has millenia of time to become an absolute genius, but so does everyone else. Humanity would become too large and life would become boring after a few hundred, thousand or tens of thousands of years even for people who love life like crazy. At one point in evolution, it wouldn't make sense to go on living anymore and people would eventually revert to suicide.

And to survive with an immortal species, we'd have to constantly evolve on a technological scale, inhabiting other planets and managing billions and eventually trillions of human beings, managing criminals who will eventually be left out and can revert to their criminal doing, because spending ten or twenty of years in prison is no biggy, but of course it would inhumane to keep them locked up for millenia. It would be hard.
>>
>>17995994
All the things you listed except Parkinsons have cures,just not mass produced/public
>>
>>17996034
Source?
>>
>>17996036
Dr. Abimbola Jojo magical potions
>>
>>17996034
The government makes more money off you buying meds for your whole life than they do a one time cure.
Also, if those curse were released they would be so expensive the average person would not be able to afford it, and everyone would be screaming 'you should cure us for free, you can!"
And that's just not how they play ball.
>>
>>17996025
You raise a nice point.
Nowadays we're in such a comfort zone the only thing that keeps evolution from stopping is our mortality and desire to achieve something within our too often short lives.
People would revert to suicide for sure.
>>
>>17996071
>The government

Dude, if you're going to be a conspiracy theorist, at least be a good one at that.
The government has nothing but expenses when treating sick people.
One time cures would be awesome for people AND the government.
The ones who make money off lifetime treatment are the big farma bosses.
>>
>>17996051
underrated kek
>>
File: 1466408321485.jpg (141KB, 500x725px) Image search: [Google]
1466408321485.jpg
141KB, 500x725px
No, you dumb fucking idiot, you are going to die. Suck it the fuck up.
>>
immortality is immoral
>>
>>17996091
the sky is blue
>>
>>17995970
Why should I trust you if my neural network is different from yours? What applies to you is not universal, I love life and enjoy even things I assume you would call mundane, and I enjoy them every day. The experience of living is amazing and I am grateful for what I have. In the words of a classic, dying means the party is going on but you have to leave.

Also cannabis is gaining worldwide acceptance very fast, it's not just woah duuuude anymore.

>>17996025
Okay, if somebody reverts to suicide, that's his choice. He didn't have to experience excrutiating pain at 60 from metastasized malignant neoplasm, that person made a conscious choice.

I read up somewhere that with biological immortality an individual would live up to 3200 years on average due to deadly accidents. That's not so bad considering the europeans are slowly dying (average female fertility is 1,2 - 1,4).

Immortality means you have to care about the Earth because your stay is not just a few decades. Merchants of doubt and scandals such as lead industry wouldn't be as much of a thing as it is now I think.
>>
All the atoms of the universe will one day disintegrate. Everything must die.
>>
>>17996025
>people would eventually revert to suicide
thats the point: free will
>>
>>17995838
>implying human right activists would let you choose when to die
>>
>>17995994
>making sense
>in /x/
don't lose time in this board m8
>>
>>17995300
I'd rather have my consciousness uploaded into a computer - that would compute at the speed of light, much faster than the way our brains computer - unbound by organic limitations.

Will actually give you more time to do stuff and to have experiences than the experience in organic body already gives... let's say same amount of data would be computed much faster living in a much narrow present than we experience now.

Imagine moving that uploaded consciousness - to a computer that gravitates a red dwarf star, literal trillions of years of existence where every real second is rich in experiences and fulfilling activities.

Worm holes are predicted and actually exist at small scale - when the universe inflated it's hypothesized that every worm hole that existed at that point received macro scale - if one of them still exists today, we would be able to travel trough it back in time - gaining obviously more time.
>>
>>17995857
It's cheaper, easier and faster - to just let go of the body and life as consciousness on computer hardware. From that point on continue your biology research in that form and eventually build new hybrid bodies that have most of the problems solved and transfer consciousness back into them.
>>
>>17995291
That depends. What kind?
>>
>>17996025
Life already doesn't have a point - actually biologically there is one, to actually exist and build on complexity - assure new copies and that's it.

Literally you have to build your own purpose, don't fall for "the higher purpose" meme, there's none - we're a cosmic accident.
>>
File: fed pharma revolving door.png (529KB, 804x548px) Image search: [Google]
fed pharma revolving door.png
529KB, 804x548px
>>17996080
>big pharma bosses
>gubmit
>different
pic related
>>
>>17996224
lies
>>
>>17996217
Wouldn't you be afraid of never being able to die?
>>
>>17996266
Your point being?
Lifetime treatments are expenses to the government still, with or without that intersection.
If there is lobbying regarding pharmaceutical industry, that's more a question of personal corruption than governmental gains.
>>
>>17995291
Immortality is already within us all. It's just a matter of learning what humans really are in this world. But death is a blessing my friend, imagine watching everyone you've ever loved or known growing old and dying in what would soon become the blink of an eye for you. All the war, death, famine, plague that you would experience the human race don't live eternally because we are too vend on destroying and that would make eternity hell
>>
>>17995291
It might be achieveable, but doubtfully in our lifetime. The obvious routes are biological or technological. Biological would require advanced altering with human DNA, to the point where our immortal offspring might be considered a new species altogether. Technological would be either mind 'uploading' or life support technology advanced enough to reverse or circumvent the effects of aging.

I think that assuming humanity doesn't go extinct, either one or both of these outcomes is inevitable. As soon as some company thinks it might be viable there will be overwhelming pressure to complete it.

It is interesting to imagine how society would change when immortality universally available. For starters people would be forced to think in longer terms. Issues like pollution or overpopulation will become paramount for people who plan to live centuries or even millenium. Personal safety and protection will also become extremely important (consider the minute risk of dying in airplane trip, an immortal would rather walk since even a .01% risk becomes certain if multiplied over an infinite lifetime, whereas travel time is irrelevant)

Futurists will appear. People who spend long periods of time asleep (or paused), awakening for a few years at a time to see how culture and technology have advanced.

The very nature of family will be irreversibly changed, the age difference between parent and child will become miniscule as the centuries roll by. The rate of divorce will likely increase, as most loves will not endure eternity.
>>
Yes.

Find the fountain of youth in flat eartg
>>
immortality goes against allah and the flying spaghetti mosnter
>>
>>17995818
If you want to die go ahead and kill yourself.
I dont
>>
>>17995291

It depends how you define immortality, do you mean your physical body existing eternally on this plane?

Because no, that isn't possible.

>>17995907

We already have substances that literally reverse telomere shortening by 20+ years a dose.

http://bioviva-science.com/2016/04/21/first-gene-therapy-successful-against-human-aging/
>>
I think we are going to discover immortality very soon.

I think humanity is not prepared for it.

I think the tyrants and powers that be of the future will not threaten you with death, but with eternal life.
>>
I never understand these people that think they can upload their minds to a computer. At best, you will be able to create a copy of yourself on a computer.
>>
>>17995818
It's partly due to the fear of not knowing what lies beyond. If it just ends, if damnation or paradise awaits, or is it some sorta reincarnation. We just don't know for certainty, and that leads to an overwhelming anxiety when you dwell on it.
>>
>>17997603
Yes. Same with teleporting machines.
>>
>>17995291
perhaps we have already achieved it and we donts even know it
>>
>>17997607
why hasn't there been scientific experiments conducted on the subjective nature of death?

just get a couple of willing participants, stop their heart and wait till they are dead, then revive them.

use that mind reading technology they use to make movies of your thoughts and record what they experience and compare it to interviews conducted on them when they come back to life.

If there is an after life there has to be a way to test for it.
>>
>>17995818
If you can live forever, all possibilities are open to you. You will live to the point we go out into the universe and perhaps even beyond it.
>>
>>17997607

I can't tell you what happens if you die of old age.

But I've been in a 60 mph head on car crash with no seatbelt, jumped off of a bridge, and overdosed on hundreds of Coricidin.

Every single time, time slows down to a near stand still, goes back to normal and then I'm alright.

The world is almost exactly the same as it was, except there are little changes that are slightly off, most of the time you're not aware of it and just shrug it off to misremembering.
>>
>>17996168

Well that would be horrific if you say you blew your brains out and then you wake up "magically" everything healed from the work of advanced nanobots, yeah, I would not want to live in a reality where I can't die. I would like the choice.
>>
>>17997603
>At best, you will be able to create a copy of yourself on a computer.

then that means you won't be experiencing anything that copy experiences, right? So I don't see what the point would be
>>
>>17997627

Not saying that you already do, but you already kinda do.
>>
>>17997634
Exactly, you will die and your copy will live on. It seems pointless to focus resources into that method when it ultimately a pipe dream. Biological research is what will give us true immortality.
>>
The final and ultimate version (paradigm) of reality is super jail.

There may be many people with good intentions seeking to prevent it from happening, but it will happen.

You will live forever.
You will not be allowed to die.

They will see and know where you are and what you are thinking at all times.

They will have control and powers that are literally beyond your comprehension.

They will have networked control of every machine you depend on for your life. They will have nanomachines in the air and food that fill you with technology more comparable to magic than science.

Everyone will live in fear of each other.

Couple this with humanities base nature of savagery and depravity and you can imagine how fun the future will be.

Now hear this, by the time our masters work is done, ever living thing will have the status of a machine, there will be no creativity, only productivity, hope will cease to exist as a concept. We will replace contact with isolation and joy with shame. We will cover the world in steel and in concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head, every cell phone, every car, everywhere. This world will be a factory farm producing morons to fuel and maintain the factory engines and feed our masters. Just look around you, the process is already in the final stages.
>>
>>17997637

true we all do have the choice to some degree. It's just that while we're making up our minds about it, time keeps on churning and if you don't make up your mind soon enough, time will do it for you. I'd like the final say, but then again I'm an indecisive person kek
>>
>>17997656
If you're going to be that pessimistic why assume people will be kept around at all?

If electronic policemen can be made why not electronic farmers and miners too? Why have a workforce when you could copy the most productive worker and use them as a template for an entire industry. One mind going through the same work day in a million different bodies. Rather than pay or retirement you could just reset the mind patterns every day.

Thats the true danger of this technology, it creates the possibility for a new kind of evil. Mind Crime.
>>
>>17995818
I think this is more a matter of preference and perspective. I think the idea is desirable because I don't like the idea of not existing anymore. Some people don't like the idea of not having enough time to do all the things they want to do. Some people fear death and what might come better. My question to you, what is the appeal of dying?
>>
>>17997656
Watch it not happen, many band together to stop this and the combined strength of them is growing daily. Mark my words, The free world will live on.
>>
File: 78500944.jpg (19KB, 346x346px) Image search: [Google]
78500944.jpg
19KB, 346x346px
>>17997938

It's already done
>>
>>17995291
No.
The only things that are certain are death, and uncertainty...and taxes. Unless you're Li Ching-Yuen, but even he died.
>>
>>17995691
Chances are with modern medicine you will have another ~70 years. Why not just get it over with now?
>>
>>17995818
Read every book. Watch every movie. Visit every country. Learn every language. Learn every profession. Learn to play a dozen instruments. Learn the names of all the animals. Visit every island. Meet your great-great-great-great-great grandchildren. Colonise another planet. Build a mountain from scratch. Keep a journal of everything you eat for a million years. Shitpost on 4chan for a decade or two. Learn to ride a unicycle. Become a millionaire by flipping burgers. Eat a million dollars worth of gummy bears.
>>
>>17997984
Oh and create a breed of chickens that can fly. That's on the 'immortal to-do' list.
>>
>>17997950
Maybe for those locked up in the concrete jungle
>>
>>17996025

You are thinking linearly.

Technology would have to advance exponentially for humans to be immortal. If it were achieved, most likely pure automation would be achieved in the process.

Therefore no one would have to work and in fact machines could do any job a human could do cheaper and better.

So the question you should be asking is how economics will be in the future when no one can work because the machines are all doing the jobs better and cheaper.

Such AI might give us immortality or put us all in camps and let us die out or gas us depending.
>>
it already happened
'modern' humans exist 200k years
civilization only 10k
we keep resetting
we try not to
but the great game
must go on
>>
>>17995291
nah, we shouldnt become immortal, maybe a handful of the smartest people should have their lives extended for a while so we can learn from them better. but not humanity on a whole. look at the shit we can do wrong in 50 years.
>>
>>17997587
this

human produced hell
don't take the mark of the beast
>>
>>17995300
>EMP
>Dead
>>
>>17998934
Literally I have no mouth and I must scream tier. Truly horrifying...
>>
>>17997619
Movies of your thoughts? That's sci-fi currently fella.
>>
>>17997587
>>17998934
>>17998947
>implying the immortality OP is talking about is foolproof against, let's say, a bullet to the head

>implying such type of immortality isn't nearly impossible to be achieved
>>
>>17998947
Love this story so much
>>
File: download (3).jpg (7KB, 209x241px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
7KB, 209x241px
>>17999132
>he's so fucking un informed about the recent advances of science he doesn't know they can make recordings of your thoughts.

just fucking bend over and spread your ass cheeks for your coming mighty transhumanist gods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_yaQTR3KHI
>>
>>17999678

Lots of technology advances have been mostly kept out of the public eye over the past 2 years.

I am still unsure on the motives behind not informing the population.
>>
File: 294hzpv.jpg (67KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
294hzpv.jpg
67KB, 640x360px
>>17999181
nanobots replace your neurons functionality, transfers your mind onto a new medium

nanobots can heal themselves

nanobots process data much faster than biological neurons, making 1 second seem like an eternity

nanobots store enough redundant information within them that even a bullet to the head can be recovered from, look up data redundancy schemes

even if all are destroyed at one time, who is to say they can't continuously upload to the cloud and be restored at any time by people in control

nanobots are being researched at every university around the world, not to mention what the military's of the world have already created

this technology will be available, probably in our lifetime

better make sure the right people know what they are doing or else humans will have created their own hell

probably best not to even go down this route
>>
>>17997950
>>17998138
>>17997938
>>
>>17997619
dude you ever saw that movie martyrs, that's what they did and when they found out the old bitch running the test blew her brains out lmao
>>
I hope we successfully design super-intelligences that either keep us as a zoo planet while they convert all matter in the universe into computational substrates or exterminate us and repurpose the matter on our planet as part of their computational substrates.

The only immortality would be creating a super-intelligence that exists without any of the frailty of humanity. Realistically only super-intelligences on a galactic scale have a chance of existing until either some universe spanning event or the heat-death of the universe.
>>
>>17995907
>become cancer
>become imortal
>>
>>18002049
>nanobots are being studied
>they will probably replace our minds within this lifetime

Scientists still are so far away from understanding what our consciousness is, I dont see that happening in a near future.
>>
>>17995291
Immortality would suck. Why would you want to watch everything you care about whither and die again and again and again until all the lights in the sky go out?
>>
>silly anon

immortality already exists

google search 'modular organism'

corals, jellyfish, cnidarians in general cracked that one eons ago

but can a unitary organism become modular ?

......maybe senpai
>>
>>18005462
Pretty sure the goal would to make it a species-wide thing and not just one guy, but it would still suck.

No one dies, childbirth is outlawed to combat overpopulation.

There is also the problem of memories. Our brains probably aren't meant to reliably index and store over a hundred years or so worth of memories at the rate they do.

Embrace death.
>>
>>17996217
https://youtu.be/jPiUN8fb3Og
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
“I am the resurrection and the life.d Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, 26and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?
>>
File: The Architect by Erik Johansson.jpg (926KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
The Architect by Erik Johansson.jpg
926KB, 1200x900px
>>17995291
don't forget that eternal youth/agelessness would be desirable in conjunction with immortality

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tithonus
>>
Bodily immortality? Already attained, I reckon. Forgotten the guy's name but there was a documentary on a scientist who's devoted his life to discovering immortality--he's a multi-disciplinarian-very Christ-like in appearance, really long straight hair, beard, ascetic-looking. Pretty sure he's American, the doco was a BBC job, I think, about 2004. Any help will be greatly appreciated in identifying this guy, gonna have a look through the thread see if anything jumps out.
>>
>>18006534
Update--the guy is Aubrey de Grey. Will have a look for doco.
>>
>>18006534
>already attained
please don't spread misinformation. thanks
>>
Ya know, we are closer to immortality than most of you think. In like 100 years or less humans will develop drives with capacity of human brain. In that way we will be able to transfer our memories into a new body. However the old body will be still there and it will be way to make an immortal copy of self (Basically good for humanity, bad for you). The actual immortality is far away from us, as printing of human organs is still a fresh method, so to print yourself new heart, stomach, or even body (and then transfer your brain into it) You will have to wait 200-300 years
>>
>>17995291
Concious is not electronic like neurons, mind uploading is a meme
>>
>>18002049
>neurons =/= consciousness
literally autism, my friend
>>
>>17995291
Eventually we may, although civilians won't be able to use it, that's like saying civilians eat caviar on toast for breakfast, and use nuclear submarines as self defense weapons.
>>
>>18002049

>>18005415
>>18007819
>>
>>18006104
No, because I can't justify kissing up to a "benevolent" deity that sentences people to infinite anguish for things as petty as not believing or being attracted to members of the same gender just to save my own skin.
>>
>>18006548
Sorry! not saying it's a fact--just a personal feeling", that's all, Anon
>>
>>17995291
Science has already been working on it for a while, and it is possible in a sense. Telomeres are rods in our bodies that control the rate that we age at. While it can be said that they weaken over time, they weaken the most when we feel negative feelings that take a toll on the body. You know, fear, stress, depression, hatred, that stuff. Scientist are working on a drug that can repair telomeres and restore them to a younger state. Last time I checked, they were able to have a old grey haired rat to start growing younger black hair. Its overall health also regressed to a younger state. So if its possible to cause a rat to become younger physically, it could be possible to cause the same effect in humans eventually.
>>
>>17995837
I see someone's read Infinity Gauntlet.
>>
Immortality would only become publically available after the population has been adequately controlled. That being said, if there are no major global events that remove billions of humans from the planet, the method of achieving immortality will stay under wraps for only the wealthiest and most powerful organizations to use for possibly centuries.This is ideal as the technology that drives the immortality will have many decades to be improved and supplemented by other technologies before a public release would be appropriate. Even then, there may never be a public release if the elite decide to move humanity into a far more controlled and interconnected existence. Too bad that humanity's hubris will likely destroy this future in the decades to come. I can only dream of a time that the whole of humanity comprises of a relatively small hiveminded elite. Only then can I see our species begin to do things that are meaningful on a cosmic scale.
>>
>>17996025
>If humans were to be immortal, do you have any idea how many years a human would have to work in his life?
Entrepreneur here building my own business. Sucker I plan on retiring while this baby just keeps growing and growing... enjoy eternity as a workerbee...
>>
File: illuminati-symbols-pyramid[1].jpg (242KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
illuminati-symbols-pyramid[1].jpg
242KB, 800x531px
Uploading your brain to a computer = hell.

Why?

Because sooner or later somebody's gonna decide how you should be allowed to exist. Suicide will be illegal. Your thought patterns will be regulated.

You will be a slave forever.
>>
>>18011240
Great way of torturing someone, very clever and kinda awesome.
In reality though, this will take a while. See:

>>18005415
>>
>>18011240
but if i upload my brain to a computer i wont actually be uploading my brain i will be creating a copy of it, my consciousness on the other hand is a whole other story
>>
File: image.jpg (454KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
454KB, 1920x1200px
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live,
and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?”
>>
To tell you the truth were all immortal but sadly our bodies die but we still live but keeping your body it is achieveable but I need to learn more on how to keep all my memories or else it would be pointless
>>
>>17995291
Immortality would violate the second law of thermodynamics.

It cannot exist in this Universe.
>>
>>18011713
Explain
>>
>>18012179
Perhaps that anon is referring to entropy?
>>
>>18012197
How's that related to immortality not being achieved?
That's my question...
Is it because of the end of the universe?
>>
>>18012222
nice quadsssss
>>
Simple single cell organisms are immortal.

As soon as an organism because multi-cell, it faces a biological lifespan, even still on cellular level.

Evolution payed the price of you dying eventually for your organism to be this complex.
>>
first theyll take away death from you
then youre ability to sleep and dream
then youre ability to poo and pee
then your ability to reproduce
and finally theyll take away your ability to eat even
>>
>>17995629

some magic ritual where they steal life energy by fucking people in the butt
>>
>>17996036

dr. sebi, alkaline diets, colloidal minerals, rife frequencies, bob beck protocol help
>>
>>17996128

time travel back to the past and live whenever
>>
>>18011713
This has got to be the most stupid comment in this whole thread. Im falling for bait right?
>>
>>17997656
You stupid cuck, superjail is a TV show on adultswim thats made to get gore mongerers off. you think that humanitys end is the same as your animated gore porn? all i can say to you is go outside for a second and stop wasting your time and your life on negative shows and thoughts and things like that stupid TV show. Yeah, ive watched it and liked it but youve taken shit too far by turning it into humanity's prophecy.
>>
CRISPR
>>
>>17995970
>Trust me, it gets tedious quick. Even sex.

This. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING get's boring after a while. We would need psychotropic drugs to create artificial "happiness" after we became bored with life.

They say marijuana is a gateway drug... well, life itself is a gateway drug.

>Watch enough porn and eventually you'll find yourself fapping to incest and beastiality.
>>
>>17995818
I just want to see how the world changes as time goes on

What governments will rise or fall, what technology will be built, what slang people are going to use decades or even centuries from now, if any, what first contact with other sapient beings will be like, and so on

I'm probably too optimistic about the world's future, but I just want to see what comes next
>>
>>18011713
This desu, even if you never aged you'd eventually turn into a giant ball of cancer due to backround radiation damaging your cells.
>>
>>18015346
The world is literally super jail right now and has been since the dawn of civilized society.

The only thing missing is magical powers but science will be providing those very soon.
>>
>>18014382
this x 1000
>>
>>17995818
Becuase not everybody is a nihilistic tryhard like you faggot
>>
File: Death2a.jpg (111KB, 780x664px) Image search: [Google]
Death2a.jpg
111KB, 780x664px
>>17995291
Physical immortality just doesn't work. You're going to die eventually no matter what you do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFsaAN5qmKk
>>
>>18017983
Ayy~ that was a great issue of Fables
>>
>>17995291
>be immortal
>have to work for eternity

no
>>
>>18011713
Matter can not be created nor destroyed.

I believe that applies to consciousness as well, stop being a retard
>>
>>18011713

You don't even know what you're saying, right?
>>
>>17995291
i think actual physical immortality is achievable, but i think after a while it may become undesirable, as one may wonder, "what if..."? and be satiated.
shit i was so satiated fuck the world fuck you imutiakmjekeafjklwjaeflkjewlfjewlfj
>>
>Year Ten Trillion. Still alive on a computer usb drive long lost in the depths of space.

Fuck yeeeeah.
>>
>>18019996
>Inside a usb drive
Technically sleeping.
>>
Immortality in the human vessel is not worth. It would mean you would stay entrapped inside the human body forever until the earth decays which would suck. And in our current times, nobody would want to be a human unless wealthy
Thread posts: 143
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.