[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /x/. A friend and I are going to drive over to Centralia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: centralia mine fire.jpg (301KB, 1143x857px) Image search: [Google]
centralia mine fire.jpg
301KB, 1143x857px
Hey /x/. A friend and I are going to drive over to Centralia PA tomrrow, get high as fuck, eat shrooms and camp there the night. The initial idea was to camp in Centralia, but I'm a little worried that we won't find a safe/legal place to park the car. Wouldn't want my friend to get tickets and/or towed for some stupid bullshit. So I figured we might rent a camp site in a state park 30 min east of Centralia (for when we get tired of exploring the town), leave our car there, hike out into the park and set up camp somewhere. Of course we'd rather just camp for free and do it in the town itself, but I'm not sure that's a legal/safe option.
So what I'm asking is, does anyone know any safe/legal parking spots/camping spots in Centralia? Have any of you camped there? Will we get bothered by police or are we cool?

Also, general Centralia thread. Best/spookiest spots? Experiences? Etc...
>>
File: url.jpg (15KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
15KB, 194x259px
>>17992239
Bump
>>
>>17992239
Another bump
>>
File: cent-today.jpg (32KB, 400x278px) Image search: [Google]
cent-today.jpg
32KB, 400x278px
>>17992239
Bumping again
>>
File: 1465612695762.jpg (9KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1465612695762.jpg
9KB, 320x320px
so it's basically silent hill
>>
>>17992239
what is centralia? judging from pics its some romania-tier hoboland.
>>
>>17992260

The inspiration for Silent Hill. It is some old coal mining town and an underground coal fire started there back in the 60's and the whole neighbourhood up and left because it wasn't safe anymore and this underground coal fire still burns to this very day.

There is a bunch of old abandoned houses there in the town and urban explorers like going up there and looking about.

Although I think many of the houses have been knocked down now, not sure though.
>>
>>17992270
right, i know now i heard and read about it a long time ago. the place is mainstream and probably filled with urbex fellas. not safe to stay there with your belongings.
>>
>>17992279

Yeah loads of urbex youtubers have made videos on it, lots of people go up there now. The road leading up to the place is completely covered in graffiti which just shows the amount of people who go there.
>>
File: aplanetanditsmoon.jpg (196KB, 1021x687px) Image search: [Google]
aplanetanditsmoon.jpg
196KB, 1021x687px
>>17992286
that spot is burned brother. i`m sure you can find something more fitting for your camping night. Dyatlov Pass for example.
>>
>>17992239
Please anyone camped here?
>>
File: images.jpg (15KB, 231x219px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
15KB, 231x219px
Bump
>>
>>17992514
i camped there. its shitty because
1. too many people
2. there is trash everywhere, noone cleans after themselves "because its already dirty so what if we make more mess"
3. also the grafitti shitheads
>>
People living in the town don't mind visitors coming to check it out as long as your respectful and not being an asshole.
>>
>>17992846
"We have never been aware of anyone being given a hard time about visiting to look around so long as they are respectful of the residents who still live there and are respectful of the personal property and area in general. Recently there has been an increase in vandalism, which may have changed the attitudes of local people and possibly law enforcement. As a result if you visit please don't feel the need to apply graffiti, smash bottles or litter. Respect the residents and their property."

http://www.offroaders.com/album/centralia/Visiting-Centralia.htm
>>
>>17992849
just like i said. really, there are million of better places with actually interesting stuff that havent been explored by millions of grafitti "artists" and "muh urbex" dummkopfs leaving shit everywere they go.
>>
>>17992239
You sound like a complete and utter faggot.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.