[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your favorite lovecraftian/eldritch entity? I think mine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

What is your favorite lovecraftian/eldritch entity? I think mine would be the king in yellow, but I wish the concept would be more explored since I personally think he is the most uncanny of them. SCP-701 and a creepy pasta called "the puppet masters regime" both explore the concept of a play that causes you to go insane or invades your mind and further elaborate on what the king in yellow could be.
>>
>>17991564
Underrated thread.
I'd have to go with old Nyarly. Showing humans elder secrets causing them to "go mad from the revelation." Also he's pretty much the ultimate troll.
>>
>>17991564
The king in yellow IS a play bud.
It's not an entity.
That being said, the hanged king of alagadda and his ambassador are pretty neat.
SCP-2264
As for other eldritch horrors...
That one giant thing from Greek mythology that just chills in the ocean and sucks in everything in the area is neat.
>>
>>17992056
Just because it's a play dosen't mean it's not an entity
>>
File: Gug_by_njoo[1].jpg (83KB, 593x800px) Image search: [Google]
Gug_by_njoo[1].jpg
83KB, 593x800px
>>
>>17991564
Most people who talk about the king in yellow haven't read the king in yellow. That being said, I like the way it was handled, and lovecraft EU aside he hasn't been bastardized. I just hope that detective show or whatever doesn't cary the motif any longer to ruin it.
>>
>>17992809
What detective show?
>>
>>17992860
>>17992860
True Detective
>>
>>17991564
OP where did you find that image? would be great for my wall
>>
>>17992809
it was only one season
>>
>>17992881
Search up "edition sans detour king in yellow" on google images.
>>
>>17992056
the king in yellow is Hastur the Unspeakable
>>
File: nyarlathotep.jpg (5KB, 281x180px) Image search: [Google]
nyarlathotep.jpg
5KB, 281x180px
Nyarlathotep. It's believed that it has the ability to bring the great old ones and the outer gods back to our world but just chooses not to because fucking with humanity is entertaining and if they come back all the fun is gone.
>>
>>17993097
I thought in the actual king in yellow book it was a place.
>>
File: e54030a24f6db25eac110a4448407991.jpg (144KB, 736x1043px) Image search: [Google]
e54030a24f6db25eac110a4448407991.jpg
144KB, 736x1043px
I like Demon's Souls take on the King in Yellow in that it's not the person wearing the yellow cloth (the only description of him in play is that he wears some sort of tattered yellow cloth), it's the cloth itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRC_IxLtqRQ

(the red ghost is another player on the sever for people who don't know)
>>
>>17993136
Youre thinking of carcosa, which was the place that reading the play "the king in yellow" gave you glimpses of. Presumably it is the realm of the king, who is a character in the play but doesnt have a part in the actual king in yellow book.
>>
File: 8587440[1].jpg (30KB, 267x400px) Image search: [Google]
8587440[1].jpg
30KB, 267x400px
>>17993145
I remember that it is interpretable that one of the three characters, "the stranger", could be the king in yellow himself. Which would be pretty disturbing with combined with this excerpt:

Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.

Stranger: Indeed?

Cassilda: Indeed it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.

Stranger: I wear no mask.

Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!
>>
>>17993138
It is an interesting reading of the character, like it is the king IN yellow, like just a concept that can exist in the color yellow.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.