[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, i was checking the app permissions on my android and found

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: Screenshot_2016-08-03-20-40-56.png (118KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-03-20-40-56.png
118KB, 720x1280px
So, i was checking the app permissions on my android and found some preposterous shit. But there was one in specific that caught my eye.

The "Draw over other apps" one.
>pic related
It can "change what you think you see".

What is up with that? What do they mean by "what you THINK you see"?
How can they change "what you think you see" using a cellphone?

There are a few other conspiracy tier app permissions and ill be posting to start up the thread.
>>
You are an idiot.
>>
Interested
>>
>>17990370
Like a phishing scam. Get of your phone kid.
>>
>>17990370
This is weird
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-03-21-16-05.png (123KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-03-21-16-05.png
123KB, 720x1280px
The microphone app permission.

They can record audio at any time without your confirmation.

Need i say more?
>>
>it's an "I found something odd on my phone/computer" thread
>>
>>17990400
Not really. I wanted to discuss how a phone app can "change what you think you see"...
>>
File: the_fuck_you_say.png (854KB, 1191x667px) Image search: [Google]
the_fuck_you_say.png
854KB, 1191x667px
August 3rd, 2016:

The day /x/ learned about security permissions.
>>
File: 1304183753096s.jpg (3KB, 109x112px) Image search: [Google]
1304183753096s.jpg
3KB, 109x112px
>>17990396

>mfw

Fuck that app
>>
>>17990407
Ever hear of click jacking? It's the same concept really, it edits out something and replaces it with something else. Without you ever bring aware of it. There are programs that can do this with live video feeds in a matter of seconds without the viewers ever noticing an edit took place.
>>
>>17990431
No, ajay.
You don't get it.
You see, I'm very particular with my words.

It says the app can change what you THINK you are seeing. Not that it changes what you are seeing.
>>
File: 1470099090453.png (60KB, 179x217px) Image search: [Google]
1470099090453.png
60KB, 179x217px
>>17990430
>mfw

>Fuck that app

>109x112

First day posting on 4chan?
>>
>>17990439
You're the one mistaken Tommy,
If you don't know something has changed, then you THINK you are seeing what you're supposed to. So the app changed what you think you saw when in fact what you saw is supposed to be different.
>>
ITT: A paranoid schizophrenic doesn't understand wording and thinks there's something going on. Beside them listening to shit.
>>
>>17990487
There is a reason to be paranoid about those permissions, like the microphone one OP posted as people could very easily abuse that.

Lets say you have an app that allows you to use the microphone to talk to people, you need that permission to be active in order for the app to work properly, but with it enabled the app itself can enable the microphone anytime it sees fit to data mine your general habits, speech patterns, topics of conversations etc. This goes for the camera, touch screen, etc etc. It is something to be concerned about.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-03-22-35-00.png (112KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-03-22-35-00.png
112KB, 720x1280px
>>17990528
>>
>>17990628
We get it Anon, now what the fuck is your point?
>>
>>17990632
CONSPIRACY! BIG SIBLING! MWAHAHAHAHA EVOL CORP IS WATCHING AND CHANGING WHAT YOU THINK YOU SEE!

>mwahahaha
>MWAHAHAHA
>>
>>17990442

are you literally retarded?
the pic is big enough to read, why would you even wanna open it you faggot? and what is wrong with a reaction face following >mfw

go kill yourself you autist
>>
>>17990442

>and proceeds to post a fucking 179x217 pic
>>
>>17990639
you need a vvvvvaaalium to come down off whatever the fuck you're on, mayleeeeene.
>>
You got so confused by this that you figured it was paranormal?
>>
Millions of people with Android phones and you think you're so important that Bill Gates is personally hacking your phone. Give me a break.

This is also why I choose iPhone. Apple literally told the FBI to go fuck themselves for trying to breach iPhone security.
>>
>>17990921
>Apple literally told the FBI to go fuck themselves for trying to breach iPhone security.
How fucking stupid are you?
>android phones
>Bill Gates
so you're fucking retarded?
>>
>>17990921
>Millions of people with Android phones and you think you're so important that Bill Gates is personally hacking your phone.

It's this kind of thought that gives me pause about the average intelligence and ignorant arrogance of the population who use technology.

It's not that one individual (Bill Gates as you claimed, who has no affiliation with Android by the way) is using the information of millions of peoples phones for some nefarious purpose.

It's the fact that government, corporations and even individuals are data mining people in order to either make money off the information or enslave you to a certain idea or product with targeted ADs.

In the past organizations had to come up with very clever ways to get this information, surveys that offer free shit, focus groups, product parties, etc. But now we are openly and willingly giving this information away with little to no understanding of its ramifications.

All I am saying here is that Hitler couldn't have had it any better. Also this is very akin to the whole premise of Huxley's - A Brave New World.

>This is also why I choose iPhone. Apple literally told the FBI to go fuck themselves for trying to breach iPhone security.

You do realize that this was most likely a publicity stunt, you think that the FBI with it's massive resources couldn't crack a simple password encryption?

It was also likely a stun by the FBI to try and set a precedent to having back doors in phones so they wouldn't have to waste resources cracking peoples phones and be able to do it on the fly with simple methods.
>>
>>17990946
Really good argument you have. Not sure how the first comment made me stupid when it's a literal fact that the FBI wanted Apple to open a backdoor just for them and Apple told them to kick dirt. I can even google it for you if you want but you'll probably just call me stupid if you lose the argument.
>>
>>17990985
They've already cracked it.
Google it.
>>
>>17990979
>It's this kind of thought that gives me pause about the average intelligence and ignorant arrogance of the population who use technology.

Well I personally am a business owner who blasts advertisements in your face and I work alongside with people who create apps for Android and iPhone. No one is taking information from you that's used for nefarious purposes unless you're connected to radical terrorist groups. The only thing we care about is your interests, passions, pains, and desires to personalize ads. This is a good thing for you. You're seeing products and services that relate to what you like, that can actually help you, and solve your problems. They are no longer things that you don't want to think about or see advertised.

>You do realize that this was most likely a publicity stunt, you think that the FBI with it's massive resources couldn't crack a simple password encryption?

Apple is the richest technology company in the world worth over $700 billion. They don't need negative publicity stunts that question their security. And you're right that the FBI has the resources to crack iPhone passwords. But only on an individual scale with a single iPhone. They do not have the resources, skills, or know-how to breach the security of millions of iPhones all at once, which is what they want. Apple, who knows that a single backdoor in iPhones for the FBI would literally destroy their trust with their customers, public denied the FBI of their demands and also made public what the FBI's goals were. You can read Apple's letter here: http://www.apple.com/customer-letter/
>>
>>17991025
http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/28/news/companies/fbi-apple-iphone-case-cracked/

http://fortune.com/2016/03/29/apple-fbi-cracked-iphone/

http://thenextweb.com/apple/2016/04/23/fbi-cracks-another-iphone-without-apples-help/#gref

http://abcnews.go.com/US/fbi-cracked-iphone-encryption-averted-legal-showdown-apple/story?id=38014184

http://fortune.com/2016/04/27/fbi-apple-iphone-crack/

http://www.computerworld.com/article/3055441/apple-ios/fbi-iphone-apple-0day-itbwcw.html
>>
>>17991041
>http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/28/news/companies/fbi-apple-iphone-case-cracked/
Judging by the timestamp of my post and your post, and the time it took you to get those links, I can tell you didn't even read my post. I also know you didn't read it because it gives a response for those links you posted.
>>
>>17991054
>it gives a response for those links you posted.
No it doesn't.
I can see you're an idiot.
>>
>>17991025
>This is a good thing for you.
>>17991025
>You're seeing products and services that relate to what you like, that can actually help you, and solve your problems. They are no longer things that you don't want to think about or see advertised.

Please can you tell me how and what to think? The world is too scary and big for me to do it myself! Thank god for people like you.

Your line of thought in itself is nefarious, you are essentially taking away peoples free will and choice and pigeon holing them into an isolated world.

You do realize how easily this sort of thing can be used for negative purposes, if you can control what information people have access to you can control their thoughts, opinions, actions etc etc. It's not a far step away from "we just want to better sell useless shit to you"

>Apple is the richest technology company in the world worth over $700 billion. They don't need negative publicity stunts that question their security.

Any publicity is good publicity. Also they used it to their advantage by saying no, now people think that Apple really cares about their customers. Obviously it worked, as it worked on you.
>>
>>17991063
Read > And you're right that the FBI has the resources to crack iPhone passwords. But only on an individual scale with a single iPhone. They do not have the resources, skills, or know-how to breach the security of millions of iPhones all at once, which is what they want.

Just stop, you're making it obvious to everyone that you're retarded.
>>
>>17990985

Dude, if you have physical access, the phone is already fucked in most cases.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-04-00-56-49.png (114KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-04-00-56-49.png
114KB, 720x1280px
>>17991041
Ayy gimme dose nudes
>>
File: 1457987350411.png (278KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1457987350411.png
278KB, 720x720px
Jesus Christ, I come to /x/ precisely to avoid this freetard /g/ arguments. If you have a phone you're fucked, end of story.

>posting this from the official clover app
>>
>>17991090
>mfw i have a $500+ phone and i've not fucked in years.
>mfw i have no face
>>
>>17991067
>Your line of thought in itself is nefarious, you are essentially taking away peoples free will and choice and pigeon holing them into an isolated world.

I'm probably the first person to tell you this but you're always being sold, you've always been getting sold, and you always will be sold. You're either doing the selling or you're being sold. Whether it's from friends, family, coworkers, strangers, salesmen, or businesses. You're always going to be buying things with your time or money.
>>
>>17991109
you completely missed the point. The way it's going is that everyone will be isolated and controlled by secular ideas or only one source of information will be pushed out to the populace to support a given ideology because data and information has been so manipulated and streamlined to the degree of complete control.

Scenario: You have a internet contract with Bell, Bell only allows you to see Bell sponsored news, products, websites etc.

Also you mentioned earlier > No one is taking information from you that's used for nefarious purposes unless you're connected to radical terrorist groups.

Which is complete bullshit, as the snowden leaks have verified.
>>
Hey. Completely unrelated. But
Whats that website thats been mentioned around here recently that ends in (dot)info ?

Thanks
>>
>>17991134
I didn't miss the point, you did. You can go back and forth with all the articles you've read and things you've heard from other people and news articles that were never written by people with experience and it will never do you any good.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.