[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there much paranormal stuff in the UK besides ghosts or spirits?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

File: bye_bye_e_u.jpg (3KB, 252x200px) Image search: [Google]
bye_bye_e_u.jpg
3KB, 252x200px
Is there much paranormal stuff in the UK besides ghosts or spirits? Presumably, if there was it'd most likely to be in Scotland since it probably has the wildest land or whatever.
>>
>>17986155
Hopefully :( Britfag too
>>
File: 1470089711932.png (460KB, 1448x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1470089711932.png
460KB, 1448x1024px
>>17986155
Scotland is a nice cold place, rife with folklore, myth and history.
>>
>>17986222
Shame about the Scottish.
>>
>>17986222
Nice trips. Know any of it?
>>
There's loads of castles ^_^.
The moors in Scotland can be very creepy at night time. I always feel like there's something otherworldly about them.
>>
File: 1469751475771.jpg (170KB, 1152x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1469751475771.jpg
170KB, 1152x1050px
>>17986228
They're rather pleasant actually. They don't bite either, mostly.

>>17986232
Largely hearsay, tales of demons, hags, mist creatures etc. http://www.scotland.org/features/scottish-myths-folklore-and-legends
>>
File: ZZ080413dock1.jpg (147KB, 1023x681px) Image search: [Google]
ZZ080413dock1.jpg
147KB, 1023x681px
Strange that such a historic island doesn't more paranormal goings on, but my local area is particularly barren of spooky happenings.

Being from Merseyside, I wish I could've explored the old Albert Docks before they were refurbished. All the shit that's gone down in there over the years, including stuff like slavery, there's surely got to have been some activity in there.
>>
>>17986280
OP here, other than ghosts or spirits I don't think there would be too much around Mersey side since it's been a large settlement for a while. If there was ever anything at somewhere significant in the paranormal terms of things it'd probably be Stonehenge, but if there ever was it's probably been scared off because of tourists and a motorway less than 1 kilometre away. What do we think Stonehenge was for?
>>
File: Offering_by_Lund.jpg (93KB, 768x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Offering_by_Lund.jpg
93KB, 768x1050px
anyone got experience in any nature spirits in bongland, like wights, gnomes, fairies, dryads, etc?
i just want to meet a qt dryad or nymph and live with them :(
>>
Hey.

I'm from the u.k and there's a lot of castles pubs etc that claim to be haunted. Look it up online.

Belfat being the main city with lots of goings on. The crumlin road jail. Though jail is spelt the old way.

The crown bar being anther one. Carrickfurgus castle. I don't know much about the hauntings myself. I've been to carrick castle a few times and never seen or felt anything. Though it's lovely to look around.
>>
>>17986333
2 trips in 10 posts! Will search up the stuff about Belfast, sounds interesting
>>
File: ringwraith.jpg (43KB, 620x376px) Image search: [Google]
ringwraith.jpg
43KB, 620x376px
I see a lot of ringwraith-esque creatures in London
>>
The Loch Ness monster :)
>>
>>17986660
I've seen them too, sometimes they spontaneously combust.
>>
>>17986324
if you absolutely must

go to OS coordinates SW 72803 30038* just before midnight on a new moon, enter the hall making sure to drop all iron itens/modern tech etc. Your offering should include ~13x pre-1992 1 pence coins, locally sourced unpasteurised milk in a pewter or other non ferrous saucer (+ NOT aluminium or plastic) and the crust of the pasty from the nearest possible bakery. Have your intent in mind, and don't turn your back as you leave until you're out if sight of the structure. If they deem your cause worthy- mischief is far more preferable to them than personal gain- they'll seek you at first through your dreams. From here on out you'll be able to bargain. Good luck.

*there are a myriad of other sites, some far less rural, you just have to know what to look out for.

Other posters in the fae general threads paint em as benevolent tricksters- only if you don't treat then properly. They have a great deal of control over human neurochemistry that can cause lasting damage.
>>
File: ainsleyharriotMONSTEROHNO.jpg (50KB, 483x518px) Image search: [Google]
ainsleyharriotMONSTEROHNO.jpg
50KB, 483x518px
>>17986155
>>
>>17986155
Probably a few old hellfire clubs scattered about.
Aleister Crowley's old mansion near Loch Ness. Not sure if Jimmy Page still owns it.
Knights Templars old church in London.
>>
I went to Mary King's Close in Edinburgh a number of years ago. It was great. Some good stories about the people that lived there. I find it amazing how they could build a town directly on top of another. The vaults are pretty good too. I think there used to be devil worship down there.
Greyfriar's Bobby story. A little terrier who guarded his masters grave for 14 years until he died in Edinburgh.
Lisburn and Belfast in Northern Ireland has numerous reports of paranormal activity. There are reports of big cats being spotted and livestock being killed.
The story of Finn MacCool and the Giants Causeway.
There are also tales of fairies and fairy trees which are single trees left in the middle of fields. Farmers are superstitious that fairies live in them and if they are cut down the farmer might die or have something terrible happen to them.
>>
A few years ago there was a namefag who collated a ton of places on a map and there was always talk of /x/ meet ups.
It never got of the ground iirc but shit would be so cash.
>>
Thousands of years of people living here and we get less 'activity' than a modern American town because spooky stuff is more popular over there and ghosts don't really exist, if they did we should spot like thousands a day especially with the spoopy locations like 13th century churches and manors with leper pits and shit.
Sorry guys no spoopy ghosts ever seen by anyone :#(
>>
>>17986155
>Is there much paranormal stuff in the UK besides ghosts or spirits?
Well, first off - the fuck more do you want?

Secondly, hell yes. It's magical as fuck there, and not even just Scotland. England and Wales both have their fairies and famous magicians. Shit, Wales was supposedly the realm of King Arthur.

It's all probably not nearly as varied as the lore in Ireland or Scotland, but there's plenty of it.
>>
>>17986993
Crowleys house burned down and Page sold it yearsandyears ago
>>
>>17986155

Google Rendlesham Forest incident
>>
>>17986660
Wraiths! Wraiths with wings fly into the union of the two towers.
>>
>>17986908
Ainsley isn't scary. He makes the nightmares go away.
>>
>>17986280
Trust me mate there's places you could still explore for spooks
>>
>>17986280
Have you seen the pyramid on Rodney st in Liverpool? That's got a spewky legend
>>
My friend who lives near Brighton has his house standing on top of where there used to be some freaky hospital/asylum thing, as far as I know. Brighton in the evening is scary on itself.
>>
>>17988450
I would be so up for that. Why did it never happen.
>>
>>17986155
druid much?
>>
>>17986155
The UK is filled with the paranormal. In my local woods here in England (in the north) I've encountered three entities, and live surrounded by Iron Age, Viking, Anglo-Saxon, British and Roman settlements each with their own paranormal associations. These things are not limited to history as we have happenings occurring right up to the present day. There are enough ghostly and occult goings on here to keep any student of this stuff happy, from folklore, place names and rumours hinting at ancient human sacrifice and genuine pagan worship, to witch burnings (lynch mobs rather than the law) and strange creatures. I'd read older books on the UK if you're interested, all the countries that make up these islands are goldmines for this stuff, don't focus just on Scotland.
>>
>>17986155
I saw a ghost in York, a tall black shadow in the silhouette of a Victorian man, and no he wasn't a ghost tour guide (the fact we have them in most cities tells you how paranormal Britain is) and I wasn't drunk.
>>
>>17986280

Scousers won't shut up about slavery. Most cucked city in the UK
>>
>>17986660

Send these foul beasts in to the abyss!
>>
>>17993859
Scousers - always the victim
>>
>>17986155
alien big cats
>>
File: north korea road.jpg (64KB, 600x729px) Image search: [Google]
north korea road.jpg
64KB, 600x729px
>>17986155
Big tradition of screaming skulls, giants, and witches.

The Lore of the Land is a great book if you want to research further.
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 600x458px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 600x458px
>>17986324
Whats a wight?
>>
>>17996707
>free market
>shows teamster's union
>>
>>17986155
In the local forest that I live near there is a place called hangmans hill.
Pretty much if you drive down the hill it will appear that you are going uphill from someone else's perspective.
There has to be some paranormal shit behind that, plus the name itself it spooky.
Other than that, not much info on it
>>
Well I mean apart from the occasional werewolf attacks in rural areas I'd say the paranormal shit has been toned down in Britain. I hear there's still vampires in Whitley though.
>>
>>17986726
good call. the wickerman and stonehenge did it for me but there is also jack the ripper, demon barber of fleet street, paganism, druids, headless horsemen and witches who couldnt pass over bridges....
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.