[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What really happens when you die? I'm sick of obsessing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 8

File: 1450745450941.jpg (1MB, 3152x2034px) Image search: [Google]
1450745450941.jpg
1MB, 3152x2034px
What really happens when you die? I'm sick of obsessing over it wondering what happens when ANYTHING could happen it seems like. Portal to another dimension where you're a frog-like being who eats dirt? Sure. Endless light, and I mean endless light that practically tortures you with bliss? Sure. What the fuck really happens I swear I'm about to kill myself just to find out. I know it's probably just eternal nothingness or whatever but that makes no sense to my brain.
>>
its a show you don't have to buy a ticket to and everyone goes to see. Think of all the people that have died already, what was their life like.
>>
>>17983022
stuff 'n' things, things 'n' stuff
>>
>>17983022

It's literally your own designs.
Choose wisely

Pro tip . Do a lot of mindfulness meditation if you really want to know.
>>
You asked the question, so do you want the real answer?

It's the one you may be afraid of the most.
>>
>>17983022
well, its not a bad thing that you cant comprehend eternity. demise is our purpose and we will simply never get our heads around something that doesnt end.
i'm torn about all this, but i'd recommend you just relax and think about the stuff that actually matters because no matter how hard you think about what may or may not happen to you after your passing, you will certainly find out one day.
>>
Hunter Patch Adams: Death. To die. To expire. To pass on. To perish. To peg out. To push up daisies. To push up posies. To become extinct. Curtains, deceased, Demised, departed And defunct. Dead as a doornail. Dead as a herring. Dead as a mutton. Dead as nits. The last breath. Paying a debt to nature. The big sleep. God's way of saying, "Slow down."
Bill Davis: To check out.
Hunter Patch Adams: To shuffle off this mortal coil.
Bill Davis: To head for the happy hunting ground.
Hunter Patch Adams: To blink for an exceptionally long period of time.
Bill Davis: To find oneself without breath.
Hunter Patch Adams: To be the incredible decaying man.
Bill Davis: Worm buffet.
Hunter Patch Adams: Kick the bucket.
Bill Davis: Buy the farm.
Hunter Patch Adams: Take the cab.
Bill Davis: Cash in your chips.
>>
>>17983022
just die and find out or live life and learn what you can here and then maybe eventualy die.
>>
>>17983022
>I swear I'm about to kill myself just to find out

Cool. Let us know how that goes.
>>
>>17983022
honestly? no one knows not even /x/. the only people who know are, well...dead.

as far as i can tell though, it would make sense that eventually you would come back. not some resurrection shit, not some moonrune reincarnation. lets get those ideas out right now.

you are a complex pattern right? nature, nurture and your own actions spider webbing out into who you are right now, what your environment is currently like, friends, impluses, chemicals, whatever.

its not that hard of an idea that maybe someday, you will come back. your pattern will re-emerge. That all of this, is eternal. sort of. we have yet to see if the universe will somehow restart or if heatdeath is the permanent game-over barring extraordinary events and intervention...
>>
>>17983311
This is actually interesting
>>
>>17983325
it truly is. the narratives we can come up with are no where near as...real? descriptive? as the narratives of this reality, this...pattern...this existence truly is a unique one...
>>
All I know is you get to meet harambe so I'm pretty stoked to die
>>
There's the finite world and infinite world, humans have souls which is infinite and the body which is finite when you die you enter the inifite world which time becomes irrelevant so it is instantaneous when you die.
>>
>>17983061
>>It's literally your own designs.
>Choose wisely

This, smug atheists will get what they want. endless nothing, which some people might prefer I guess. But why not choose to be the very best version of yourself in a better plane.
>>
>>17983705
may i ask for some proof of these claims of planes of existence, better or worse?
>>
>>17983311
Strong this. I personally believe in Heaven (I am a Christian), but even if death is like sleep, if we can become conscious out of nothing surely it can happen again one day. There are only a finite number of atom combinations
>>
I had a teacher that died twice, but was brought back to life those times.

He didn't see anything.
>>
>>17983735
never chatted with a christian that is both open to the idea of a soul and to the idea of a more material existence.
>>
>>17983725
I think what he means are like planes are like different timelines think back too the future

There's the timeline were Marty's dad was a cuck and one where he wasn't

Obviously not being a cuck is the right choice
>>
Wouldn't ghosts and hauntings prove that an after life exists for certain?
>>
>>17983766
nope, energy based life could mean all sorts of weird shit. ontop of proof of said spooky ghosties
>>
>>17983766
>>17983776

I'm all for including alternate theories for ghosts. Like beings from another dimension slipping into sight for a few seconds.

But you really have to take note of the phenomena, a lot of ghosts sighting are recognizable to be people that have passed from this world.

I still think ghosts are more of an imprint of deceased individuals that died under traumatic circumstances. I don't think if there is a soul/spirit it will roam the earth for eternity.
>>
>>17983022
Remember what it was like before you were born?
Yea
There you go
>>
>>17983766
It would confirm parallel universes if anything.
>>
>>17983880
I was wondering when this answer was going to show up. Like fucking clockwork.

Good job anon, you may go to sleep now. Another mystery solved. .
>>
People on DMT have reported reliving their previous lived and being taken on tours to other dimensions and worlds with extraordinary entity's
>>
>>17983928
Gee people on drugs make unusual mental connections due to the action of the drug on their brain.

How could rational people ever explain this????
>>
>>17983022

You rot in the ground; your consciousness winks out like a meteor burning up in the atmosphere.
>>
>>17983977
Do some research. People from different cultures, backgrounds, and no connection to one another all report seeing the same entities and experiences.
>>
Its just like how it was before you were born
>>
>>17983311

there is no real answer but this is at least one that can be reached by logic.

time plays an important part in the universe, but the passage of it is a mental illusion, perpetuated by memory. The most obvious example of this is when you're sleeping, but the same applies to pre-life.

the passage of time, without memory, is meaningless and as far as you're concerned instantaneous.

if, after you die, you return to a life with memory in any form, even if it takes a near infinite, googleplex number of years, even if the universe dies and is reborn innumerable times, the transition for you will be instantaneous. Because a computer does not recognize the time in which it is off.
>>
>>17983977
Drugs only activate or deactivate brain parts

The drugs that deactivate brain parts bring near death experiences

Being dead feels just like being alive, just without all the feelings
>>
>>17984059
This.
>>
>>17984059
Great, I loved it before I was born

Also to the guy who was talking about atoms arranging again to reform your consciousness, if you're saying that there is no soul and consciousness is a manifestation of physical activity, then the new formation of "you" at some point in the future in the universe wouldn't be like you waking up, it would be like a new person who is just like you and has all your memories and feelings waking up. 'you' would still die with your original body and never be conscious again
>>
Your body divides and falls in small pieces and then flowers grow and that is eternity.
>>
File: THIS_thread_again.jpg (83KB, 435x257px) Image search: [Google]
THIS_thread_again.jpg
83KB, 435x257px
>>17983022
>>
>>17983022
The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it. White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.
>>
>>17983022
My best friend died less than a month ago and now I think about this more often than usual. I wonder what he's going through, if it's not nothingness. None of us can really know until it happens to us, everything about what is after death is just speculation.
>>
>>17984611
What about NDE?
>>
You see some serious shit. As your earthly constraints fall apart, you see the way of things that hides in plain sight. You go on a journey, one that you can't control because you aren't you anymore, rather the tiny pinhole that was always at the back of your consciousness. Imagine going through a wormhole, imagine time running in all directions, matter pulsing and flowing in folding whirlpools with infinite energy, and imagine your tiny pinhole making it's way through this swirling current. Eventually, things start making patterns, and before you know what's happening, you're being put into a new body. And the cycle continues.
>>
>>17984618
Near death experiences can never truly reveal what happens when you die as you aren't permanently dead

Your body goes through different changes so it has weird hallucinations from my understanding

The only ones who truly know what's next are those who are truly dead (or free from this life at least)
>>
File: 2016-08-02-051128.jpg (82KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-02-051128.jpg
82KB, 960x544px
>>17983022
When you die you go bye bye
>>
You just start back over from the beginning.

The linearity of time is an illusion. You're already dead, and yet you'll never die.

The only mercy is that it feels new every time.
>>
i dont know, maybe it's different for everyone.
I am pretty sure there is an afterlife though..
>Asleep one night, have a dream (rare as fuck for me)
>mum tells me she is ok but sad because nobody will talk to her
>wake up
>find out mum unexpectedly died that night

not sure if she meant nobody on earth will/can talk to her or she is in some sort of purgatory.
Anyway, it convinced me of an afterlife.
>>
>>17984532
>downloads picture
>lurks through threads on x wanting to take that animu crap for a spin
>YESSSSSS this will do it
>posts pic
>jams a handfull of sunflower seeds in his/her mouth while being extremely satisfied with this accomplishment
>realises life is not worth it
>hangs self
>dies
>>
>>17983022
>What really happens when you die?
Your body begins to decay, since your natural defense mechanisms are shut off.
>Portal to another dimension where you're a frog-like being who eats dirt?
If this is DnD land and you are Chaotic Neutral. Although, I don't think petitioners become Slaad.
>Endless light, and I mean endless light that practically tortures you with bliss?
I don't think you understand the concept of the Christian-Islamic heaven very well.

I do not know for sure. But, in my beliefs you temporarily pass on to an underworld (dark, dreary, hopeless) before reincarnation of your soul. Since time doesn't really exist beyond the confines of our matter-energy mesh universe, this is effectively eternity. Your animus (the important part) dissolves back into orgone, to be reused by other life forms on this planet. Your body similarly gets reused by bacteria, fungi, and animals as a food source (energy source). Essentially your entire being is reused.

There are exceptions...
If your animus survives death - ghost
If your soul survives death - demon(spirit, whatever)
If your body survives death - zombie. Ever read the NDE stories where people feel "empty" afterwards? Basically that, a lack of Animus means your body has become a chemical process, nothing more, an abomination if you will.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0OVpyvey4U
>>
>>17983022
Re-Birth
Enter The Void is a great example.
>>
>>17983311
I second this.
This is the most logical answer side-by-side with nothingness IMO.
I'd also like to add that I believe a more relaxed version of this can achieved.
For instance, your DNA is such because it's made out of your father's and mother's DNAs.
Same combination could be achieved with a different DNA in father and mother, though?
Same being true to all of your ancestors, so maybe we can come back in different universes, being the same but in different surroundings?
This shit is crazy.
>>
>>17983311
Also, nice double dubs
>>
>>17983022
You become a shadow person
>>
>>17985375
Interesting answer from Quota to the question "What are the odds of two people being born genetically identical?":

"There aren't enough resources to allow the human population to get so large as to make it statistically possible. There are 55.7 Billion variations in chromosomal and mitochondrial DNA. So you would need a standing population of at least that many in genetic stasis to approach a probability of 1.
If you factor in DNA mutations that occur over an individual's lifetime, and mutations that occur throughout the population, you are looking at a staggeringly low probability."

Of course the answer is talking about two people having the same DNA IN THE SAME LIFETIME.
I get you're treating universe's life as infinity etc. I just thought this probability was interesting.
I never thought about it, really.
>>
>>17985375
So you're saying same DNA equals same consciousness? Ofc you aren't taking twins in consideration, I guess?
This doesn't make much sense...
>>
>>17985429
I don't know what consciousness is, nor why or how we're bound to one, but I guess there must be some "materialistic" explanation to why we are we.
If not by DNA alone, then other reasons that COULD be repeated throughout the universe's existence.
Idk
>>
>>17985433
>the more i think about the "most rational" theories, the more i feel like nothingness is the answer :/
>>
>>17985433
Why not just believing in classic reincarnation then?
>>
>>17985375
>This shit is crazy

bad news... YOU are crazy, sir.
but why am I trying to convince someone who's on /x/ about their mental issues anyways? kek
>>
>>17983022
>What really happens when you die?
Reincarnation.
>>
File: 20151123_133342.jpg (791KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20151123_133342.jpg
791KB, 2048x1152px
>>17985440
i thought nothingness is the answer too when i was a child, used to have panic attacks too back then from thinking about it. i saw a lot weird shit since then and also did entheogens like dmt and nothingness doesnt really make much sense to me anymore.

>after death will be the same as before being born

if there was something before we were born it would make no sense for us to remember it while incarnating here. that would make humans not be afraid of death and change the way we act, in effect fucking up the natural order of things.

>pic related, my shrooms
>>
reincarnation may be better for some of you afraid of nothingness but to me its fucking shit. imagine living in this shit world again, no way, i`d rather stick around in the spirits realm.
>>
>>17985502
You would quickly begin to appreciate a human existence much more
>>
>>17983753
I guess I'm the same way but I'm muslim.
I think God created a very complex array. It wouldn't make much sense to just deny the intricacies of this universe when we die.
>>17985502
New age reincarnation is ESPECIALLY bullshit. "Our atoms live on in the trees." Like niggah no, fuck off.
>>17985496
I only vaguely remember the movie but isn't "Mr. Nobody" about this idea?
>>
File: germanic_cigarette_toker.jpg (102KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
germanic_cigarette_toker.jpg
102KB, 640x425px
>>17985515
yeah, especially if i get born as a nigger in some crime-ridden african shithole, or, god forbid, Brasil. sure thing mate ;> life is a flesh prison with built-in programming that forces upon you the desire to get laid. get fucked, reality.

>>17985517
i didn`t watch that movie but heard about it before, it was just the idea i have for a long time. may watch it some time because Jared Leto.
>>
>>17985517
>It wouldn't make much sense to just deny the intricacies of this universe when we die.

Implying humans are of that much importance so that there MUST be an afterlife for us to enjoy eternity.

Implying fear of death isn't all in one's head.

As long as someone ceases to fear death, that same person doesn't see the necessity of an after life etc.

God, I gotta love religious backward thinking.
>>
File: catteh_scout.jpg (78KB, 494x456px) Image search: [Google]
catteh_scout.jpg
78KB, 494x456px
>>17985618
being muslim is kind of a gigantic red flag.
when we die we jump to the heat death of the universe and simulation shuts down.
>>
>>17985626
>being muslim is kind of a gigantic red flag.

Ikr
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 484x357px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 484x357px
>>17984606
is this from lotr?
also i think pic related happens
>>
>>17983623
9/11
>>
Before you can know where you will be shift to, you need to know how realities is been created by consciousness.

So, you think about something, and by keeping up certain thoughs long enough, you create a storyline and it will start to be real to you, story that you create yourself. And you can even forget that you are creating that world, as we often do here, but eventually you start to think this life more as not-so-real and not-so-important and you start to focus different energy patterns that create different ideas and later, different lives. Good luck :)
>>
>>17985865
And speaking of shifts, I shit my pants regularly, enough to get bullied at my highschool. :)
>>
>>17985626
He isn't coming back.
Must have had shot his notebook screen after such Haram comments.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwKsWtW78a0
>>
>>17986028
TMI
>>
>>17985375
this faggot started a nice point, i have nothing to add to that though

>>17985865
noice. so I guess our muslim friend from earlier is going to kill innocent people and still get to fuck 70 and something virgins.
>>
>>17984080
>Because a computer does not recognize the time in which it is off.

yes it does.
>>
reincarnation, hence other living beings. you already lived so many lives to work yourself up the ladder to human. this is a test.
>>
You go back to being a spiritual god remembering all your past lives and enter the god realm again. Eventually you get bored and want to suffer and experience things new again. So you temporarily sacrifice your ego and go on another journey.

Cycle repeats endlessly.

At least that's what made a lot of sense to me after eating a few ounces of mushrooms one night. I am sticking with it.
>>
>>17983053
Nothing, You either rot in a grave, or get burned in an oven. that's it FINI.
>>
>>17986092
>spiritual god
What if... what if I want to be a Musical.ly God instead?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP8qtb1Ct5M
>>
>>17986112

ehh, I was tripping balls. It just made perfect sense at the time. Not so much spiritual, just we are all gods and you position on earth is basically how old of a god you are. Like newgame +, what would life be like this time that I can now be born into a wealthy family?

The allure is there, especially when time doesnt matter for a god, so after 100,000 "years" you are bored out of your mind creating, destroying, whatever. Then you think about just starting over again, and its a great idea.
>>
sorry. I've not read previous comments so you might already have an answer. Which is a question. What happens when you go into deep sleep? Imagine few hours of unconsciousness as constant. It doesn't hurt. Consequences are only for the living.
Death is. Your death is... Inevitable.
>>
>>17986092
Almost my idea, however I think of it more as that You will see your whole life from a perspective of third persons - those you hurt/helped throughout your whole life and then you yourself will be your judge, if you're ready to move on or have to reincarnate again and try to clean your karma.

The problem with nowadays society is that majority of people incarnate over and over again because there is no more real teaching about karma etc. ... they come from "lower realms" and get stuck here. Hence the overpopulation and other stuff.. people should heal themselves throughout their journey in this world but the opposite is going on in most cases.
>>
>>17983742
Really dead, or only mostly dead ?
There's a big difference
>>
>>17986066

it doesn't. there is a little CMOS battery that keeps track of time for when you turn the computer back on. remove the battery and the date+time is refreshed every time the computer turns off.
>>
There is one thing that's for sure, and that is that the way the universe operates is in a unpersonal way, where things go out and in from existence whether that be of natural or misfortunate causes, but that is simply the way the whole operates for the sake of evolution (change). The universe holds no grudges and it is for sure not going to put you away someplace for endless torture in any form after you perish, neither will you go to some heavenly place. After your death the universe will simply go on as it allways has as some other new form of creation. The universe is so incredibly vast and endless and probably filled with just as endless things and beings, so I see absolutely no reason at all why everyone who ever existed would need to go on living in some new form after death, to me such a belief is extremely egoistic and does not fit the grander scale of things.
>>
>>17984059
This is the best answer IMO
>>
We came to consciousness from an infinite nothing and the cycle will repeat itself once we reach the infinite nothing again.

There is no death, we are all trapped in life and need to cling to it for a purpose greater than us.
>>
>>17986514
Was just gonna say this,Fact threr#
>>
my mom tried to commit suicide once. She told me she walked with my granddad (who was already dead at that point) at a wonderful beach. She saw a vast ocean with beautiful blue water and the vast forest/jungle like thing nearby. She said, that my granddad told her, that it's not time for her yet and that she can't go with him. My mom survived.

I once had a dream, where I saw a similar place and I cried in my dream, because it was so damn beautiful.

I think she and I saw paradise/the garden of eden, or a glimpse of it.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.