[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you know what I hate? This damn Slenderman hype that started

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: slenderman.jpg (42KB, 650x307px) Image search: [Google]
slenderman.jpg
42KB, 650x307px
Do you know what I hate?
This damn Slenderman hype that started like 4 years ago with that stupid little game.

I remember a time when I was casually brownsing the web when I suddenly read about this eerie creature with long arms and no face and I saw those shopped pictures and Marble Hornets and it was believable! It was underground and a bit hard to find which made it even more creepy.

But then one fateful day someone decided to make Slenderman so popular and well known he's not even scary anymore.

My question is: Do you know any not so well known urban legend that will give me this exciting feeling I had when I discovered Slenderman?
>>
>>17976230
Actually it started with marble hornets...which was an idea basically stolen from a forum
>>
>>17976242
I know. If I remember correctly Slenderman was first seen on Something Awful. But my point is that he has become way too popular after the game was released. I guess because of people like Pewdiepie and Markiplier.
>>
>>17976230
No, because what made you like slenderman is that you started seeing it more. Then it hit critical mass, and started to suck.
Always Watching is a pretty good movie to check out, if you keep pre existing knowledge out of it
>>
>>17976230
>It was underground and a bit hard

Because it was so hard to to type slenderman on google and something awful was so deep web at the time

>i was spooped by by slender before it was coooolll, maaaaannn.
>>
Slenderman is much spoopier now than he was when I was reading that SA thread. His followers have actually attempted murder now. Nigga has a cult.
>>
File: Booo-hooo.jpg (62KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Booo-hooo.jpg
62KB, 500x375px
>>17976230
>Buaaaaa when things get popular doesn't scare me

Cry me a river, faggot
>>
This is bullshit. Slenderman as an archetype is still scary. If you go watch Marble Hornets it can still be scary. What you fail to realize is that a big swell in popularity = a huge influx of shitty people trying to cash in on it, and shitty writers/roleplayers who try to rely on the "And then Slenderman" crutch.

Try having a dream with slenderman (Or the base archetype he embodies) and tell me he isn't scary.
>>
Slenderman had been around for years before marble hornets you fucking underaged faggot.

Go back to your biology homework and reddit. Fucking sage
>>
>>17977250
nah, both the original slenderman and marble hornets first ep are from 2009
>>
>>17976557
First time I saw him was in my most vivid dream, still 2spooky4me since that night.
>>
>>17976332
Cult implies organization. He has worshipers.

>>17977777
I'll believe you had a dream where you were chased by a dark rubbery guy with a white face. But that doesn't make that Slendy.
Checked, though.
>>
>>17976257
Yeah I remember browsing the thread.

It was something like "photoshop creepy pictures" and some guy just drew a long limbed guy in a playground and made up a couple paragraphs of backstory.

Lord knows why it exploded like it did. I wonder if the original creator ever saw a dime.
>>
>>17978479
did you know the guy who posted that shit took all of it from a two week long discussion here on /x/ on making a new creature since grifter and rake were getting old?

I will always be salty about this and fuck that guy
>>
>>17978852
anybody have a screencap of this? is that the one where slendy was reported as showing up in a business suit before the advent of the "business industry" or whatever?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.