[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do you old-timey witches still exist -- not that new age

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (334KB, 1000x1271px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
334KB, 1000x1271px
do you old-timey witches still exist -- not that new age or wicca stuff ?
>>
Sure, traditional practices are still used in latin and south america, as well as africa
>>
>>17975789
Ask Hillary, she knows.
>>
>>17975789
You seek to live deliciously, do you?
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 388x492px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 388x492px
>>17975807
This. She even has it down to the cackle.
>>
>>17975789
Wicca was kinda the old- timey shit. That and also some pagan witches, voodoo and all that shit.
>>
>>17975831
It's really not though. A british civil servant wanted to get his nudist friends together more, so he cobbled together things he saw and misinterpreted in India
>>
>>17975813
well, what's it to you?
>>
>>17975813
maybe
>>
>>17975789
I exist but now I have no spiritual funneler. You need moon-charged water, fire, some herbs, your own breath, and usually the spirit of some animal to preform spells (that's how I learned anyways) but my pet, who would always perform spells with me, died recently due to poor treatment when I went on vacation for a month.
I'm really pissed about that.
I guess I could sacrifice a snake in my backyard to preform rituals with but I'm depressed.
>>
Op, the green skin flying cackling witches wen't extinct 120 years ago.
>>
>>17976050
But I still don't get how we went from nudist cougars to annoying teenage girls
>>
Of course Watkin...
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 545x374px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 545x374px
>>17975923
I guess the reason is that I'm a very traditionalist person with a soft spot for preserving folkish customs and knowledge, and I will be coming into a good amount of money and land one day. If I found a coven of witches that was legit I'm pretty sure I would allow them to set up shop on my property in exchange for good spells of protection and (possibly) allowing me to observe now and then to write about them or what not.
>>
I want to start practicing. What appeals to me in witchcraft is the exploratory nature of it, not like "lmao do whatever u want" chaos "" ""magick""'' but more like feeling things out and experimenting to find out what works for you. I really want a black mirror and I plan on making one soon. I still don't know what I'll end up doing for my first major spell but it'll be exciting.
>>
>>17977010
what is the black mirror for, scrying?
>>
>>17977034

Summoning is what my intuition tells me.
>>
File: 1468343415754.jpg (508KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1468343415754.jpg
508KB, 1280x720px
>>17975789
that girl at the bottom
holy shit
hnnnnnggg
>>
>>17975831
>and also some pagan witches, voodoo and all that shit.
my sides truly a knowlegable anon
>>
>>17975923
>I guess I could sacrifice a snake in my backyard
Please dont hurt any animals needlessly for your own selfish desires
also get that prescription renewd for your daily meds
>>
>>17977484
>I guess I could sacrifice a snake in my backyard
>Please dont hurt any animals needlessly

How about if I beat my trouser snake to within an inch of its life? Would that be OK?
>>
Yes there are people whole sell their souls to Satan in exchange for power. Satan is active in the world.
>>
>>17975789
Define "old timey".
There are new texts which are reconstructions or reprints of the Traditional/Cunning Craft.
>>
Yes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViOmvnY2JTU
>>
>>17977034
>>17977042
It is primarily used for scrying purposes, but that scrying heavily assists in evocation (summoning), so although both work, scrying would be the more accurate usage for it as you can scry without summoning things, and the things that you wish to bring forth into the world that are not evocations you don't usually use a black mirror for.
>>
>>17977010
>I really want a black mirror and I plan on making one soon.
Dollar store picture frame and spray paint. Seriously, you could have been done in the time it took you to write this.
>>
>>17977538
it's his kingdom
>>
>>17975789
There are no such thing as "old-timey witches". Even modern wiccans are full of shit due to the fact that they base their religion around the historically non-existent "Pre-Christian Witch Cult". It's just a load of bullshit for dumb ass new age faggots who want to give themselves a reason to have an eternal victim complex. They always bitch about the "witch trials" and how "witches are targeted". You're not a witch, the innocent people who were killed in the witch trials weren't witches either.

Don't even get me started on these supposed "Druids".
>>
>>17977497
Your not funny anon
just dont fuck up animals because you think your a witch voodoo anything
if you feel the need to kill something you can always end yourself
best sacrifice there is tbqfh
>>
>>17977998
Please, please do
>>
>>17977998
>There were no Pagan folk-traditions or cunning craft before the 1950's.

Whatever you say bud.
>>
It would be anyone practicing folk magic, honestly. It was all a matter of perspective to begin with. Almost everyone did a little folk magic back in the day, whether is be simple herbal remedies to full on physical transformation, if they were more inclined to magic. But as soon as you use these skills on your enemies, to fuck up their crops, taint their livestock, or sicken their children (or you're just accused of doing so), THEN you're a witch or at least the kind of witch that might get executed. Iceland had a very rich history of casual witchcraft, even during its christianized days, because their was less zeal and more association with their pre-christian practices. Though they still mentioned several witches that were truly evil and were not to be crossed or associated with.

It's hard to reconcile traditional witchcraft in a non-christian framework. Yes, their practices evolved from pre-christian sources but the idea of a witch is very christian, though not necessarily an antithesis to christianity. It's more like being a non-christian christianized shaman
>>
>>17975789
What you are looking for is Traditional Witchcraft anon. You could also check out Hoodoo, if that's up your alley.

>>17975831
Wicca is not old timey shit although it tries really hard to be. It was essentially invented by Gardiner, who ripped off shit from Crowley and mish mashed it with shit from India. Now in saying that, I'm not saying it's an illegitimate practice, most BTW's that I have had the rare opportunity to meet are pretty knowledgeable and are overall pretty cool guys but unfortunately they tend to be drowned out by the Love-n-Lighters, Blessed Bees and the other fluffy twats who ignore actual history, reason and logic when it comes to their practice.

>>17976133
Blame the likes of the Craft, Charmed, Buffy etc. etc. Witchcraft became "cool" again. What didn't help was publishers like Llewellyn and "Wicca 101" hacks like Silver Ravenwolf, D.J. Conway et. al. churning out poorly researched, trashily written and often erroneous shite to make money.

>>17977998
"Old-timey witches" did and do still exist, examples including practitioners of brujeria, hoodoo cunning-folk etc.
>Even modern wiccans are full of shit due to the fact that they base their religion around the historically non-existent "Pre-Christian Witch Cult".
This I do agree with, Margaret Murray's fraud still lingers in pagan circles which is incredibly frustrating when you have to keep going around in circles trying to explain to relative newbies that Murray was a crock of shit.
>They always bitch about the "witch trials" and how "witches are targeted".
Lol, I'd unfortunately have to agree. I've noticed its not as prevalent as it was a few years ago but it's cringy when you have a relative newbie proclaiming, "Never again the burning times".
>>
>>17977615
I love how he screams in terror while still trying to get as close as possible to it
Even to the point where the thing walks off and he thinks nah still going to follow it
>>
Jews? Jews are witches ... that's why ayyyy lmao jesus aka lucifer visited them.. what yall know about the sabbath?
>>
>>17975824
That's racist to say Hillary is a witch because she's a woman. Also go girl power 2016!!!!! Shut white males down!
>>
>>17975789
>wicca is now synonymous with new age

WHAT HAVE YOU EDGY TEEN GIRLS DONE TO MY RELIGION RREEEEEEEEEE
>>
God Bless Styxhexenhammer666
>>
>>17975789
I mean I practice witchcraft, but I'm not for sure what you mean by the old-timey stuff. A lot of the current practices are pretty closely related to the old stuff. There is some really cheesey stuff online, but if you look there are some really good legit "new age" shit that's pretty closely related to many practices from the past. Now if you mean sacrifices and stuff like that.... I don't know or reccomend any of those practices
>>
>>17980633
Example?
>>
>>17975923
You mentally ill, sick son of a bitch. Learn to take care of your pets and stop harming animals because of your disgusting habits.
>>
>>17979135
i feel you senpai
>>
>>17979135
>>17981942
I know how both of you feel
>>
>>17977995
Not for long.
>>
>>17975789
Old timey witches were probably pretty similar to modern ones
Just magical sluts except they often lived in the woods
>>
>>17978097
It's structure is new for sure, but I don't think that's bad since pagan tradition is fluid by nature, if anything I'd argue Wicca adherents today are closer to the ancient pagan ideas that many more historically accurate neopagans.
>>
>>17975813
OI ITS BLACK PHILIP!
>>
>>17978097
This pretty much sums it up, but Id like to make one little correction
>examples including practitioners of brujeria, hoodoo cunning-folk etc.
brujeria and hoodoo are decidedly NOT "old-timey" as they were developed syncretically in the modern era. (by modern I mean anthropologically, I dont mean 'contemporary'). They are very close to old-timey techniques and practices though.
Cunnin-folk is probably closer to "old-timey witchcraft", but as no one currently alive actually learned directly from a cunning-person, its kind of hard to support that claim.

The thread is talking about several pieces of the african diaspora, and related practices, voodoo/hoodoo/santeria/brujeria whatever. And its important to remember that while these practices draw heavily from passed along tradition they are decidedly modern.

I do not think there are any "old-timey" witches in the exact same way that there are no longer "old-timey" christians, muslims, buddhists, hindus or any other religion.

All faiths, particularly magical ones and especially the magical practices themselves, always ALWAYS syncretise adapt and change with passage of time, we can look at past practices and attempt to learn from them and use them, but there will never be another old time witch simply because it is no longer the old times.

also
>"Never again the burning times".
this shit is the absolute fucking worst. It's worth pointing out these periods in history to avoid repeating them, but when you use it as personal justification for being a shit person, it needs to stop.
>>
>>17978000
trips o' truth
>>
>>17978064
>the idea of a witch is very christian

Yeah, that's why the concept of the witch showed up in virtually EVERY culture on the planet, predating Xianity by thousands of years.

But then there weren't any slain and resurrected god-men before Jesus either, right?

Right.
>>
>>17978097
>You could also check out Hoodoo

No. Just don't. Hoodoo may be the nigger version of witchcraft but it is of inferior quality and is only suitable for those of African descent.
>>
>>17986035
These things wouldn't be a problem is Satan didn't place false witch and resurrection stories in civilizations before Jesus
>>
>>17986151

"Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory." 1 Corinthians 2:8

Wouldn't it have been kind of hard for him to do that when your own mythology says that he didn't know what the plan was? We already know that Xians are stupid and delusional. You guys don't need to keep constantly reinforcing it all the time.
>>
File: 1469199436058.png (115KB, 276x230px) Image search: [Google]
1469199436058.png
115KB, 276x230px
>>17977497
Don't brag, we know you don't have a while inch.
>>
>>17986046
Wrong.
Hoodoo is POWERFUL. It's allot of superstition paired with energy work/rootwork.
I used to be deep into hoodoo/rootwork and my fiances mother died because of it. Do not meddle.

>if your wondering, I preformed some money drawing rituals, two months after I cast it, I broke it by digging up the jar of money. Two months later thier mother died suddenly of a heart attack, leaving us with 100 grand. I got the money, but because I was impatient with the spell it punished me.I think of it often.
>>
>>17986263
Don't even have to look that hard. Saul wasn't even sure Jesus was a real person, or got crucified in some books
>>
>>17977010
>feeling things out and experimenting to find out what works for you

That's literally what Chaos Magic is. Why not take a look at it beyond the superficial level next time? Okay, thank you.
>>
>>17975789

Ain't no such thing as witches, Anon.
>>
Since nobody posted it yet:
http://ebooks.library.cornell.edu/w/witch/digital.html
>>
Made a thread about it a few days ago. I'm a witch, I live in the woods, do magic, healing, work curses, do curses, bind spirits, bend the weather. Learned it all from a dead witch that lived in my area.
The thread went well for a few hours then it suddenly got deleted.
>>
>>17977998
kek

Sure thing, bro.
Now you can go - play with the other kids!
>>
>>17988401
I wish I could read it :( I really wanna get into witchcraft
>>
>>17988401
Curious to hear of your practices/ beliefs
Not OP but would love if you shared
>>
>>17988401
Maybe the mods weren't so shitty that day and deleted your role playing thread
>>
>>17975789
what do you mean by old time? I practice old rituals that date back centuries.
personally like old rituals,they are steeped in time and that gives a different sort of energy.
and stand by the Wiccan Rede,
"DO WHAT THOUGH WILL, BUT HARM NONE."
>>
>>17990326
>le everyone is roleplaying
fuck off to tulpa threads faggot
>>
Arabic countrys have interesting kinds of magic thats been with them eversince they can remember and they also learned some from their jewish ancestors aswell as islamic magic so I guess that counts
>>
>>17990341
>BUT HARM NONE

Why not? It's not like there is any justice in the Universe. Oh wait, you bought into the good-guys-always-win meme didn't you? kek.
>>
>>17975789
T H I C C
>>
>>17975824
frankly quite insulting, witches are adverse to falsehoods
>>
File: itwasmeaustin.png (234KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
itwasmeaustin.png
234KB, 512x384px
>>17993825
>>
Not trying to be an annoying /mu/fag or anything, but I saw this music video a while back and this thread reminded me of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIPMzeNWAtk

What kind of ritual or story do you think is being portrayed? Gives me such a cool feeling and I want to know more about what they're doing.
>>
>>17985418

it is actually basedin part on old timey european witchcraft and in some cases satanism, from medieval times
>>
>>17978000
This guy is right. Trouser snakes deserve respect.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.