[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the spookiest state or region in the U.S. /x/? Me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 30

File: Refrence.jpg (160KB, 990x816px) Image search: [Google]
Refrence.jpg
160KB, 990x816px
What's the spookiest state or region in the U.S. /x/?
Me personally, I'd have to say Tennessee or the mid south in general.
>>
some really good drawings here
>>
Are there even entire states of US more known for being spooky than any other?

And don't give me stuff like Virginia because Point Pleasant is there, i'm asking for something state wide
>>
File: worried dog.jpg (60KB, 693x663px) Image search: [Google]
worried dog.jpg
60KB, 693x663px
>>17972007
holy shit I fucking live in Lake Worth, TX, just researched the monster, I know which island this fucker lives on jesus christ
>>
>>17972007
>mfw there's nothing on the map for my state
Feels bad man.
>>
I just moved to TN and no nothing about /x/ tier stuff here. Fill me in?
>>
Boston is the oldest city with the most paranormal accounts
>>
File: 1464451646545.jpg (114KB, 799x783px) Image search: [Google]
1464451646545.jpg
114KB, 799x783px
Florida, It's the Japan of the united states.
>>
>>17972007
Is it just me or Jersey Devil = Furfur?

>>17972222
Don't feel sad, anon, you got quads.
>>
>>17972056
Point pleasant is in West Virginia asshole.
>>
>>17972224
It seems like everyone in Tennessee has a ghost story or some paranormal encounter. Everyone around here says "the devil went down to Georgia, but made a stop in Tennessee."
>>
>>17972007
Southwest (excluding heavily-populated California)
>ghost towns
>government secrecy/projects (Area 51, Manhattan Project, etc.)
>desert shit
>>
Lot of weird shit comes out of Providence, or hangs around there. People like Lovecraft, Poe, and Jandek.
>>
File: 1464619838945.gif (2MB, 245x289px) Image search: [Google]
1464619838945.gif
2MB, 245x289px
>>17972007
Florida definately, moved here 3 years ago and there is all kinds of spoops down here, went camping / boating in a swamp near the city I live in with an uncle and he showed me an entire town that was built and abandoned after a hurricane 60 or 70 years ago half burried in the swamp. Also found an inground pool in the middle of the woods once. Also lots of plantation houses and supposedly haunted houses from back in the civil war especially in north florida.
>>
>>17972240
Can confirm.
>>
Wish my state had anything more than Sasquatch. We have so much forest and empty space I would think there's got to be some crazy shit out there.
>>
Yeah i live in East TN. Scary shit is normal. A friend and i have seen mothman. (Im the mothman guy from the East TN thread and the cryptids thread from a while back)
If anyone wants to hear the story just let me know
>>
>>17972224
Teneseean here. Want to see some spooky shit? Do this:

Go into the woods (duh, it's tn) in middle tn (columbia area is where it happened to me)

Private woods are better but a state park (think nazchez trace) will do

Be prepped for a 4 day weekend, maybe longer. Find a spot thats deep in the woods, and set up camp. USE A TENT, DO NOT SLEEP UNDER THE STARS. Stay in the immidiate area of the tent as much as you can. I took a Cobra brand charger to keep my phone going (and keep your phone going) one night/morning you may wake up and be completely surrounded by deer, which will scatter when you spook them. If so, good. You are doing it right. Keep it up, and every night the deer will get more agressive. Might fuck with your tent a little but they will still always just spook off. After a few nights of the deer fucking with you, they will stop, and you will start hearing noises that hear like something between a howl and a scream. If you hear it during, the night, you are good. Look around from INSIDE your tent, do not go outside to look for it. Shining a flashlight from inside the tent is fine too. If you hear it durning the day though, GTFO. Eventually one night it will get brave enough to get close to the tent. Its like a deer, but with black fur like a wolf, curved antlers, and what looked to be very sharp teeth. Stay too many more nights and just like the deer, it will get agressive. On my 6th night it woke me up clawing at my tent. I shot at it, i think i hit its leg, it screamed and ran off. I left the next morning. Good stuff.
>>
>>17972616
Pls post it anon
>>
>>17972616
What did he look like?
>>
File: tumblr_njeql0bbwt1sc31dxo1_250.jpg (53KB, 228x328px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_njeql0bbwt1sc31dxo1_250.jpg
53KB, 228x328px
>>17972007

I don't know if these count as cryptids but"

- Minnesota has 'Dead Nazis.'

- North Dakota has some freaky Indian shit. I've been through reservations out there that make your skin crawl.

- Louisiana has some very spooky guys in NOLA's French Quarter. A friend of mine has seen clean-cut guys who walk into a bar, and all the regular freaks / criminals leave because they get a really strong 'flight' instinct.

- Mississippi has Confederate ghosts.
>>
>>17972631

Could the animal you saw while camping have been an elk with dark fur?
>>
>>17972720
No, too low to the ground and too long

Like a long wolf with goat horns
>>
>>17972007
It bothers me that they use the Xtro alien design for skin walkers
>>
>>17972712
The whole great plains region up through canada, down through the dakotas, and further are full of all kinds of indian shit. Like, lots. A ridiculous amount
>>
File: 2016-07-24 21.38.54.jpg (19KB, 384x437px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-24 21.38.54.jpg
19KB, 384x437px
>>17972712
Why the cleancut guys?
Dead Nazis?
Cmon man give us more!
>>
File: 1.jpg (71KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
71KB, 500x375px
>>17973127

- I don't know who the clean-cut guys in NOLA are. Only that they instill a lot of instinctual fear in people. Obviously, people joke about them being vampires but no one can say what they really are.

- 'Dead Nazi' is a term for someone who exhibits past life phenomenon associated with Nazi Germany.

They're basically kids who, at the age of 5, are telling their parents that they died fighting for Germany. There is a surprising number of them in rural MN (all born in the mid 90s).

I went to school in central MN and I knew several kids whose parents would swear up and down that their children talked about 'their other parents, the time Hitler gave me a medal, etc.'
>>
>>17972712
>clean cut, NOLA

It was the real Lestat or another vamp. My ex's mom was a huge Ann Rice freak and claimed that Interview was really Ann's meeting with the real Lestat.

Ann often makes comments about how he rides around at night on a Motorcycle.
>>
Western North Carolina half my life.
Tennessee for the other half.

TN is pretty creepy in general. The battlefields of Mufreesboro are dark as fuck. There are old plantations, unmarked slave graveyards under bridges, deep woods.

I will have to say that in western NC and east TN shit is freaky af. It's a bunch of old, front porch mountain folk mumblin bout them lights in the sky yonder and Samsquantch. The place is so steeped in lore it's hard not to get caught up in something. Cherokee natives in that area tells stories of the little people. I miss that place.
>>
>>17972172
Go there and live stream right now
>>
>>17972631
Yeah. My family used to camp all the time. Fall Creek Falls, Grundy Co., Murfreesboro, Manchester, etc. I cannot tell you how many times we had to hold our dogs down in the middle of the night because animals or whatever else would get so close to our tent. We heard bipedal footsteps once (thought it was a ranger so my step dad opened the tent) and he freaked out. Said there were giant shapes that turned and ran on all fours. Then we heard howling and our dogs were losing their shit so bad we had to lay on them to keep them from barking back. I didn't sleep that night.
>>
File: tumblr_mdcw8d0AQL1qdvrnko1_500.jpg (65KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mdcw8d0AQL1qdvrnko1_500.jpg
65KB, 500x500px
>>17973247
>God damn samsquanches
>>
>>17972007
>see Shunka Waraki'in
>Located in Madison River Valley
I went fishing there last week.
Here's what I need your help with, 8 years ago I was out here in Montana for my aunts wedding and I had never had caffeine, and I had 10+ cans so I didn't sleep at all. I think I would have been 12 or so. At around 3-4 in the morning I saw a pack of creepy looking wolves but I assumed I was just delirious. They definitely weren't normal wolves, they were bigger and the proportions weren't correct. Looking back it may have been a pack of them. Especially since wolves and coyotes aren't common in that part. I'm honestly getting chills thinking about it.
>>
I live in the second oldest state in TN and visit the Smoky mountain national park at least once a week. Still no spooks :(

except one time my girlfriend and I had stayed until night hiking a trail and something kept snorting and following above us on some rocks. Pretty sure that was just a bear though.
>>
>>17974078
Second oldest town
>>
Without a doubt, the spookiest state was LA and specifically NOLA after Katrina. Between the government troops, the serial killers, and the, ahem, "older" residents of the city, if you were out after dark in 2006 to 2007, you were prey.
>>
>>17972007
Which is the spoogier continent though? Murica or Yurop?
I mean, we have ancient nations and buildings, vast forests and wilderness.
But you guys have wierd old indian shit, and since NA was very scarcely populated, there could've been some spooky shit living unbothered in the woods.
>>
File: 1469727437612.jpg (86KB, 455x741px) Image search: [Google]
1469727437612.jpg
86KB, 455x741px
>>17973182
>- 'Dead Nazi' is a term for someone who exhibits past life phenomenon associated with Nazi Germany.
I'm moving to Minnesota.
I want to meet the Hitler jugend.
I just need to nail an american girl and convince her to marry me, and go hunting for reincarnated heroes of Germany.
>>
Massachusetts for the win, lived here all my life and everyone has some kind of ghost or creature tale. So much history and age. A lot of buildings still standing from 1800s
>>
>>17974621

For what it's worth, MN has the second largest German pop. in America (after Wisconsin) and most of the other Whites are Scandinavian. So that might have something to do with why there are 'fashy kids.'

There's not a ton of them though. Only a handful here and there.

>>17974640

I've spent time in Mass and it has some truly creepy places.

I remember one time when I drove from Cambridge to Salem, along the shore, and stopped in a couple of little towns. Once you got north of the major cities, things started feeling kind of creepy.
>>
>>17972237
>tfw I live outside of Boston
Has anybody here ever heard of Dudley Road in Massachusetts? Ihad to stay in a convent there on a religious retreat once

I'm also interested in the Dover Demon
>>
>>17972222
same here, and I didn't even get quads. 10000 lakes and 0 fucking monsters.
>>
Replace the frog man with black people then you're good.
>>
Any spoopy Hawaii stories/creatures?
>>
>>17972240
North Florida native here, lived all over as military, Alaska is spooky, but Ditto on Florida.
>>
>>17978553
There's witchcraft practitioners in Hawaii, I'm Hawaiian but I don't know many legends there.
There's these tiny midget people that walk around the island occasionally that are supposed to be like a cryptid or something I don't fucking know called the menehune.
Generally, the people are already afraid of the ocean which kills a bunch of people during tsunamis and Pele, the volcano goddess who was sated when Kamehameha threw his hair in her when she was about to kill everyone or some shit I don't even know.
>>
>>17978579
Menehune
>>
England
>>
why do murica have so many good stories?
Norway only has weird shit about people living in mountains.
>>
>>17978870
What Europeans don't understand about North America is that it's so big. There are thousands of square miles of nothing in America, where it's possible in some places that no man has been there for centuries. Combine that with Native American culture leaking through/human nature to tell stories, and you get a healthy dose of paranormal content coming from NA.
>>
>>17978870
America is as big as all of Europe
>>
>>17976056
Dudley road is boring as shit. Its just a fucking suburban road. I've walked that entire road 6 times in the middle of the night with friends trying to get a spook and nothing.
>>
>>17979066
Yeah nothing happened while I was there.

To be honest, going to an allegedly haunted place and expecting something to actually happen is dumb. You're not gonna see an actual apparition or something. It's all about the atmosphere.

I sneaked out into the woods with my friend and some russian immigrant id that I had just met. There was certainly a spooky feel in there, and after a while we came across a ~5 foot tall wooden cross in the ground. And apparently there's an abandoned asylum deeper into the woods, but we didn't go that far.

I know /x/ doesn't like to hear this, but I'm a skeptic and wasn't expecting anything to happen, but maybe that adds to the spookiness.

Did you go into the woods? Do you know the stories?
>>
>>17972309
This
Desert shit is extra spoopy
I've had some odd shit happen in the desert of California
>>
>>17979169
Story time, Anon.
>>
>all these Tennessee spooks

Damn, I didn't know my state was this neat.
I'm getting ready to go on a sunrise hike at Chimney Top tomorrow morning, gonna be on the trail around 4am. What sort of spooks should I expect? If any?
>>
>>17979171
Weird flashes of light in the sky, things flying around that aren't normal, you can see a lot in the sky when there's no clouds or light pollution
>>
>>17978553
Funny you asked I'm in Hawaii right now. The more famous spooks around the island chain are the Menehune (kinda like Native Americans believing in anchient little people). The second widely known spook is the "Night Marchers" which have been seen since White Men began to arrive. They're basically anchient Hawaiian warriors who March on sauced trails sometimes known as "King Kamehameha Trails". They usually appear on certain nights when the moon is out and are almost always banging on ancient Hawaiian drums. They usually float off the ground, but locals who live near these trails will often find mysterious footprints after a sighting.

Now besides that, there are many legends based around the Demi Gods such as Pele the volcano goddess.

There are also many different legends depending on the island. Here on the big Island there's lots of little myths circulating the Makai (beachside ) Hawaiian villages and the rare Mauka (mountainside) villages. But since I'm a Haole (white) I'm pretty much outta the loop there. However since the island I'm on (Big Island) is so remote there are a lot of strange goings on. For example, a fair sized military base sits down the other side of Mauna Loa from my house. As a result we sometimes see some strange things on our side of the coast because of the base. Strange lights and often times some aircraft... I have some stories to contribute if you or anyone is interested. Also have seen some weird shit out here in these lava flows.
>pic related where we live at. Reminds me of the moon

>sources raised here my whole life almost
>>
>>17978579
What island? 808 fag here.
>>
>>17979347
>>17978553

Forgot to mention that the same Valley that has the supposed Menehune also has a nice sized amount of old Vietnam veteran hermits living in shacks who supposedly shoot on site. Could be legends but I did see some really sketchy shacks out there.

>pic related.
>>
>>17973037
Same.
We should riot.
>>
fuck this shit
>>
>>17979602
Iktf that general feel feel...
>>
Oklahomanon here ready to fight for the octopus since every time this image shoes up people ask about it. We have a lake here called lake Thunderbird that has a ridiculously high drowning rate do to being a dirty red color and being filled with seaweed like plants that tangle ongoing. Locals call it dirty bird. The Oklahoma octopus thing started when the dead body of a salt water octopus was found one of the shores of dirty bird. It was most likely placed there as a joke.

As a side note, most of our lakes are manmade and you can find entire towns beneath some of them. Also, we have a type of tiny freshwater jellyfish in many of our lakes.

I'll continue on the subject okiespoops shortly.
>>
>>17972616
What part of East TN?
Knoxville reporting in
>>
>>17979631
Cont

more interesting then the dumb ass octopus is our general location. We are a major crossroads for highways, as well as spoops. We have a little of everything here. I'm posting mobile so I can't find the cap right now but if anyone happens to have the greentext about the guy in Guthrie Oklahoma with his weird Arab or Latin metrosexual looking friend and the go to an abandoned boys school/mental home type place and also go to a weird abandoned town where these creatures live. I can't remember the exact situation but that was a good description of some of the shortest goes on around here. Guthrie actually has a whole mariad of different haunted areas, including the old job corps. There's a statue at the job corps center that I have pics of I'm the cemetery on campus from when the place was a nunnery, basically it's a statue of Jesus and if you take pictures of it during the day some of them will look like night time and the facial features always look blurred. I had the pics on an old iPhone I'll have to go through my hdd and see if they are on there.

My point is Oklahoma is pretty fucked up. I have several green text stories, if this thread is still alive when I get home I'll post them they are pre typed on my computer. Also have som az stories and Wisconsin stories.
>>
>>17979660
One more on Oklahoma

There's a section of super dense brush that crosses the central part of our state called the cross timbers. Slot of the stories I've heard about Sasquatch's, Wendigos(huge native presence in this state) and chupacabra come from that area, but we have some pretty good lore out of the southeast too, and there's tons of abandoned ghost towns all over the state. We have spirits all throughout the woods, and around here you can never trust the wildlife to just be wildlife. On the brightside though, I've run across anything that can't be killed or at the very least wounded with a scatter gun in this state.
>>
>>17972007
There is nothing in Connecticut its just a giant suburbia, personally I have to say maine is pretty fucking spooky especially in the north woods
>>
File: weirdnj.jpg (144KB, 600x779px) Image search: [Google]
weirdnj.jpg
144KB, 600x779px
>All these answers that aren't New Jersey

for shame
>>
>>17972056
Virginia bc civil war spoops desu. Fredericksburg was one of the most haunted places in the US senpai, it prob still is.
>>
Indiana doesn't have a damn thing. Wanna ship some of your dogmen down here, Michigan? Also why all the nessie clones?
>>
>>17980315
fuck off my dogemens, husker
>>
File: image.jpg (5KB, 89x121px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
5KB, 89x121px
>>17974078
>just a bear
>>
File: NMnakedsatanists.jpg (528KB, 1264x1268px) Image search: [Google]
NMnakedsatanists.jpg
528KB, 1264x1268px
>>
File: NMSkinwalker.jpg (565KB, 1058x3569px) Image search: [Google]
NMSkinwalker.jpg
565KB, 1058x3569px
>>
>>17972007
Ive got a few spooky stories from rural michigan , used to live in 200 yr old house now i live in a very secluded area with weird shit going on time to time, ill write out more for you if intristed

>GF has seen a figure in my yard before a few times
>i saw a glimpse of it only once
>Never any trace of someone being there
>Fresh snow just earlier in the day, 3-4 in, clear winter night
>it happens again for the 4th time this time, lock everything down as usual
>im skeptical cause no tracks
>grandparents nextdoor called the police cause they saw figure too
>police show up and search, confirm there is no trace of anyone
>one line of rabbit tracks in backyard, thats it
>havent seen or heard of that figure showing up since
>>
>>17973283
Huh. The only thing that followed me from my tent at Fall Creek Falls was a skunk.

Maybe I've just forgotten a good chunk of the juicy shit, but I can't really recall anything super spooky happening in Southeast TN. A friend and I saw what we were pretty sure was a ufo, then I saw something else entirely different in my own back yard that I assumed could have also been a ufo.
>>
>>17972007
michifag here- weve got tons, but some are kinda stupid
>goatman
>frogman
>dogman
>Michigan melon heads
>too many freaky great lakes shit to number
> tons of old houses and chippawa legends
right by where i liive we have a burnt house i think is haunted, the lights are on in it occasionally, theres a legend about a murdeer in a lake not 500 yd from my house where apperently you can hear screams at midnight during thunderstorms... ive never heard it in those conditions but i have heard distant screams in my house and on the roads in the middle of the woods late at night, and theres an intersection where some kid was hit by a car where you can supposedly see his ghost during a storm
>>
This one time I recorded some big black thing moving on my video camera in the woods behind my beach house, Oregon coast.
Sadly I deleted the video. also this was when I was like 10 y.o
>>
>>17972224
just over the state line into Georgia is the Chickamauga Battlefield where thousands of Union and Confederate soldiers died within a few days during the civil war. There are apparently apparitions and green-eyed monsters and orbs and shit everywhere
>>
File: 200.gif (2MB, 515x200px) Image search: [Google]
200.gif
2MB, 515x200px
>>17972007
i like how the skinwalker pic is literally the thing from xtro
>>
>>17974594
Huh?
I was here the whole time. Wtf are you talking about?
So full of bullshit.
I ran from the Quarter to the Bywater and never really had an issue with anyone besides a few over excited NOPD guys. And yes I went out after curfew, not many others were here and out then.
>>
>>17973243
Wtf
Are you retarded?
>>
>>17972240
Central Florida native, can't really confirm though since I live in the suburbs near Orlando. There's some spooky homeless people every so often. Just glad I'm so far north I don't have to deal with the fucking skunk ape.

If anything I'd say we're more of the Australia of the United States.
>>
>>17972056

Ohio is known for hauntings.
>>
Anyone got any spooky areas in Southern California? I've experienced nothing and I've lived here my whole life.
>>
are there any good books that go over all the caryatids in north america?
>>
Ohio got some serious paranormal shit there, Even their university is the most haunted one in the world
>>
>>17982958
Aye same. Unless a few schizophrenics wandering around West Covina counts?
>>
File: FlatwoodsMonster.jpg (76KB, 450x608px) Image search: [Google]
FlatwoodsMonster.jpg
76KB, 450x608px
>>17972056
As someone else said, Point Pleasant is in WV, and I would also say that, regardless of whether or not it's known for it, I have lived in states across the East Coast and WV is terrifying.

We have the Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum on top of all the rumors of monsters. In addition to all the well-known shit I would advise anyone wanting to have a creepy but also beautiful experience to trek around Dolly Sods and Seneca. Even here in civilized Morgantown I often feel very creeped out when in the woods.
>>
>>17979720
oklahomanon here, can confirm. Not many ayylmaos here, but there's indian burial sites all over the fucking place that are now neighborhoods, malls, etc.
I live in okc. People(truckers mainly) pass through here from all parts of the country
>>
>>17973182
>I went to school in central MN and I knew several kids whose parents would swear up and down that their children talked about 'their other parents, the time Hitler gave me a medal, etc.'

this sounds like that one kid who always went on about how she was related to hitler
>>
>>17972224
Just come to Memphis. That's horrifying enough
>>
>>17972224

Google White Bluff Screamer.
>>
>>17972262
just you
>>
>>17983063
Eh I dont think that counts as paranormal. I know theirs a park a few hours drive from my place that has a white deer going around messing with people. And that one place that inspired Devil's Rejects is down in the valley.
>>
>>17972578
Sasquath lives on Mt. Saint Helens btw. Big foot type creatures live in other areas but the one on Mt. Saint Helens is named Sasquatch specifically
>>
>>17972007

This circled area, indisputable - most spoops in America happen here.
>>
File: this area.jpg (133KB, 999x819px) Image search: [Google]
this area.jpg
133KB, 999x819px
>>17983950

fuck
>>
>>17972007
I have a spooky Tennessee story. Not very paranormal, just fucked up.

About 10 years ago a friend and I are headed out to a small podunk area past Newport TN to get weed from a guy he knew. We're from Morristown, so not much of a better area really. Well, when we get about a mile out my buddy pulls over and makes me get in the trunk. "What the fuck man, why?" He just looks at me and says they'll shoot you and bury you out here because you're black. "Why the fuck did you bring me out here?" I was pissed, more scared than pissed. Anyway all I can do is hear shit once we pull into an obviously gravel driveway. My buddy gets out and he talking to some sterotypical bumpkin guy. That's when I start to hear growling and scratching at the car, on the side and near the tires, the thing is it sounds human. Then it turns into seriously scary grunts and breathing. Like how the slow kids at school used to sound. After about a minute of the sounds I hear the bumpkin dude yell "GET DAT BOY BACK ON NAT CHAIN!"

Afterwards the car starts to move, and I'm hot as shit at this point even though it was around fall season. He let's me out and he's just completely silent. "What the fuck was by the car man?" He just glances at me and doesn't say a word.

When we get home he tells me it was a deformed kid that they had chained up outside. We didn't know the address or anything, but I left an anonymous email to child services about the general area.
My buddy never went back, and that was probably one of the last times I ever smoked weed too.
>>
>>17978567
Alaska is spooky. We got Tall Men and wendigos bro
>>
Anyone have any good NC ones? Bonus points WNC which I recently moved to from the middle of the state.

Already know about the Boojum. Basically WNC version of Bigfoot.
>>
File: 1436198049556.png (79KB, 461x349px) Image search: [Google]
1436198049556.png
79KB, 461x349px
>>17983393
>WV fag
>Got together group of friends (10) and went deep innawoods trekking for spooks
>Day 1
>Setup camp in small clearing of dense forest 30 miles from any people
>Car parked a mile away from us
>Have map all setup with exact car location, camp, compass, etc.
>As days pass and we go around exploring we decide to go out at midnight with flashlights
>Go out there
>Hear screaming and rustling approaching us
>Book it as fucking fast as we can, get to car, leave camp for the night to stay at hotel
Shit was absolutely terrifying, it sounds a lot less interesting when it's put into words but it was unreal
>>
>>17972056
Point Pleasant is in WV, dumbfuck
>>
>>17983393
Fellow WVbro here. Can confirm this place is spooky as fuck. The old Shawnee lake amusement park near Athens comes to mind
>>
File: 1464835304254.jpg (28KB, 750x556px) Image search: [Google]
1464835304254.jpg
28KB, 750x556px
Threads probably dead but I'll share a quick story
>NJ fag
>Live in North Jersey but decided to go down to the Pine Barrens when I had a week off from work
>Brought a childhood friend along
>We used to go hiking in our county parks a lot so we know our way around some woods
>We drive down on a Monday morning, about a 40 mile trip
>Park at a camp ground since we're not complete innawoods operator fags
>Just want to hang out in the woods and drink some beer and smoke cigars
>Brought my air rifle with me and a couple hundred .22 pellets
>We go off the beaten path a bit, I whip out the rifle and start plinking away at leaves and branches, eventually shooting beer cans
>Literally a redneck at this point
>The drive was grueling with NJ rush hour traffic on the GSP, if you're from the state you understand
>We're beat as fuck, so turn in at like 8 PM when the sky is still bright, figure we'll stay for a few more days since we have plenty of food and beer left
>Tipsy so fall asleep fast
>Friend hardly drank
>He wakes up in the middle of the night, shakes me awake, swears he heard noise outside tent
>He's a massive fucking troll so I tell him to fuck off and try to go back to sleep
>He grabs his phone, turns the light on, and looks at me with the most dead serious face I'v ever seen
>"Anon, there's something outside. I swear to God."
>Sigh, get up, and grab the air rifle, hoping to scare away the small animal that had undoubtedly scared my pussy friend
>Having a laugh, I load up a pellet and fire it into the woods, putting on a hillbilly accent
>"Don't come back now, ya hear!"
>Turn to my friend, who was still in the tent, called him out for his shit, and was kinda pissed that now I wouldn't be able to get back to sleep.
>He still looks fucking petrified
Cont.
>>
File: 1468538719817.gif (237KB, 276x268px) Image search: [Google]
1468538719817.gif
237KB, 276x268px
>>17984409
>I'm getting exasperated
>Hear the loudest, shrillest scream in the history of mankind
>About 100 yards away
>Sprint back into tent
>Knock phone out of friend's hands
>Cower under sleeping back like a 4 year old
>More screams
>Actually sounds like someone is getting tortured
>Goes on for another few minutes, then the last scream gets cut off in the middle
>Drink heavily until sunrise
>Break camp in world record time
>Spend the weekend at Atlantic City getting drunk out of my fucking mind at the slots

Probably some loser teenagers just fucking around in the woods, but I swear to God that shit wasn't natural. It sounded like an opera lady was thrown inside an iron maiden.

Haven't been back to the Barrens, that was 3 years ago. Probably never will.
>>
File: 1464732571359.jpg (9KB, 189x292px) Image search: [Google]
1464732571359.jpg
9KB, 189x292px
>>17984412
>It sounded like an opera lady was thrown inside an iron maiden.
>>
File: we've come for your daughters.jpg (62KB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
we've come for your daughters.jpg
62KB, 500x390px
>>17972007
>>17972224
>>17972300
>>17972616
>>17972631
>>17973247
>>17974078
>>17979179
>>17979637
>>17984047
Damn, all the Tennessee posts. Chattanooga here, used to work 3rd shift audit at the Read House Hotel. Story goes that third floor (314 if I remember correctly?) is haunted, but I always felt the most uneasy on the sixth floor of the tower. Like something was following close and I mean right on my heels, breathing down my neck
>>
>>17984505
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Read_House_Hotel,_Chattanooga,_TN

311, my bad guys. Link for anyone interested though
>>
>>17984505
holy shit, another Chattanoogan on here. Ive heard a couple stories about that Read House room being haunted by some prostitute ghost who hates men and people who smoke. So if you stay in that room and are a dude who chain smokes then you might get shanked by a ghost slut. This is just hearsay though
>>
>>17983393
Lived in WV all my life, scariest place I've ever been is Hawk's Nest State Park. Near the entrance there's a little picnic area, close to an old building. One time a friend and I walked up the path to the building and as got closer we both got the exact same intense creepy feeling at the same time. There's something wrong there. I just immediately KNEW that we had to turn around. Don't even believe in spooks but I know this one's real. Go there for a real scary time. The building looks kind of like a fort but my dad said he thinks it used to be a small museum
>>
File: 1468667276224.gif (1MB, 230x230px) Image search: [Google]
1468667276224.gif
1MB, 230x230px
>>17972172
Stream it's demise by your sword, anon. It is to be so.
>>
Is there anything besides Nazis in Minnesota? I'd think with all the lakes and wetlands here we'd have a few monsters, or at the least shit like Wendigo up in the north woods. Super into spooky shit and I moved here from one of the spoopiest and most haunted places in the Appalachians so it being so... peaceful and devoid of creepy shit up here is, ironically, creeping me out.
>>
I'd have to say the Pacific Northwest. Even nothing /x/ worthy went down. It still seems that some creepy shit happens. The X-Files was filmed there.
>>
>>17983395
I'm also from Oklahoma, though I'm not the guy you were replying to. I grew up in the rural part of the state with a ton of Native Americans and they have all sorts of crazy mythology. Creatures whose names you couldn't say aloud or they'd come and take your organs, the whole mythos surrounding owls being harbingers of the death of a loved one, and of course the skinwalkers and skinchangers. A friend of mine was *absolutely convinced* that his grandfather could turn into a wolf. I used to give him shit about it, but he absolutely and adamantly believed it was true. It was interesting how the Indian folklore sort of permeated and flavored the dominant white culture; a lot of white people in Oklahoma are quite superstitious about owls and the like even now.
>>
>>17972224
I used to live in Tennessee and always saw people going up and down my stairs. Was creepy as fuck
>>
Well shit. Any 865 nearby? I get surgery tomorrow, would love to have some spooks tonight before I'm out of commission for a week.

Not sure where some nearby haunted places are.
>>
>>17973243
Your mom sounds like a dumb bimbo.
>>
File: 1453251709581.jpg (41KB, 767x431px) Image search: [Google]
1453251709581.jpg
41KB, 767x431px
>>17985807
What does his mom have to with his ex;s mom?
>>
>>17972224
East TN/Johnson city/Kingsport area here.
we have a lot of /x/ level shit going on, mostly during the summer months.

I've woken up from some very vivid dreams, and the most common one is a drowned lady standing over my bed. I live near a small homey lake that people drown in at least once a year.

I am not a lake person.
>>
>>17985160
865 reporting in, the Old Grey Cemetary downtown is actually quite beautiful and haunted - although it's not safe at night. you could also check out the Lakeshore Park, previous site of Lakeshore Asylum.
>>
>>17972172
Wanna hunt this bitch together anon? I'm in lake worth too
>>
File: image_1.gif (13KB, 273x260px) Image search: [Google]
image_1.gif
13KB, 273x260px
How about the Appalaichan Mountains? Are those spooky?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-02-17-56-23-1.png (644KB, 1440x2450px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-02-17-56-23-1.png
644KB, 1440x2450px
I was at Rodney Scout Reservation, a camp, back when I was 14 or 15.

Me and my friend went to take a shower (you have to go to a bathhouse to shower, nothing in the campsites). The showers were pretty bad, but my friend wanted to so I went along. This was around 12am, so this was technically sneaking out of our campsite.

About 2 minutes into our walk, we heard what sounded like an animal to our left. We thought it was a deer or some shit, until we realized it sounded like something stepping ON trees, not brush. Not big trees but it was something bigger than a deer.

We were walking and it sounded like it was walking with use, we stopped and hear what sounded like a creaking for 3 clicks of it (like "creak creak creak" kind of like the smoke monster in LOST) and it just stopped. Than a noise like a mixture of a beep and a toddler(really hard to describe) came from the bushes.

My and my friend fucking booked it back to our camp and I slept in a cot with another kid which I still feel weird about doing who's tent we went to chill in.

Anyone know what the hell that was? Sorry if my description wasn't the best.
>>
Why are wendigo and skinwalker seperate?
>>
>>17972007
> skinwalker
> that shit from a horror movie

I'm not saying it wasn't creepy but that's pretty far from what it should look like.. Considering both indian shamans & southern vendigo..
>>
>>17982998
I don't know what a carytid is but if there is a book about spoopy critters I'd love to read it.

Any ideas, anons?
>>
>>17986212
Fuckers in /x/ telling me, always in the woods Skinwalkers ain’t bout this, Skinwalkers ain’t bout that My boys SB on fucking forests and them He, he they say that monster don’t be putting in no work SHUT THE FUCK UP! Y'all niggas ain’t know shit All y'all operators talk about Skinwalkers ain’t no hittas Skinwalkers ain’t this Skinwalkers fake SHUT THE FUCK UP Y'all don’t live with them niggas Y'all know them Skinwalkers got caught stalking campers and skinning animals alive since fuckin, I don’t know when! Motherfuckers stop fuckin' playin' tem like that Them operators and conspiracy theorists savages out there If I catch another nigga talking sweet about Skinwalkers I’m fucking beating they ass! I’m not fucking playing no more You know those niggas role with Mothman, Wendigos and them.
>>
"Pope lick monster"
Kek
>>
>>17974640
Sucks that a lot of the abandoned hospitals and shit that were apparently haunted have been torn down. Been looking for some real spooky shit to go see but everything is fucking gone. Been looking into shit though and the Lizzie Borden house seems pretty promising, already got a night booked there.

>>17976056
>I'm also interested in the Dover Demon
Yeah, I'm curious about this too.
>>
>>17979132
Which woods? Definitely want to go investigating some night with a friend.
[spoiler]Please don't be Western Mass.[/spoiler]
>>
>>17978579

Wasn't he from the Philippines? that nigga made it all the way to hawaii?
>>
>>17979040
Bigger honestly. But africa is even larger, we need more stories from africa
>>
>>17984590
I've lived here my entire life, and spent a lot of time outside. It's just a really quiet and pretty place. There's only been one thing that's spooped me, but that's one thing out of twenty years.
>>
File: 1468815571124.jpg (13KB, 308x308px) Image search: [Google]
1468815571124.jpg
13KB, 308x308px
>>17972007
>Batsquatch
>Frogman
>Mothman
>Pope Lick Monster
Do people actually believe this shit?

>Altamaha-ha
Just sounds like somebody making fun of a Nissan.
>>
>>17972007
maine is scary desu
>>
>>17987248
I'm not sure which woods, but I was staying in a monastery and the woods were right next to it.

And it's not in western mass, it's in billerica

...are there spooky things in western Mass?

>>17987335
Mothman is a pretty established myth
>>
>>17972240
Northeast Florida here, I've seen some shit, my friends have seen some shit, my family has seen some shit.

I'll tell you the story about Teddy.

One day out of the blue my childhood friend told me about something that happened a few years earlier that he never spoke of to me before. When I was 16, my little brother was 14 and my best friend was 18 we were working on a car. We needed a part so they went to the store to get it while I took the bad part off the vehicle.

My friend tells me of the event, it had just gotten dark (we had flood lights to work and the sun had started setting earlier, this was around october I believe) and they were coming around a corner just before you turn down our road. Turning the corner, the lights flashed over something that wasn't meant to be there.

There was a Teddy Bear on the side of the road, it was standing, it was walking. Teddy had a machete in his hand, and was wearing a Teddy Bear sized trench coat.

When the lights went over Teddy he spun around, he had deep red eyes that reflected the light from the headlights. He immediately made a grimacing face like he was angry, like he wasn't supposed to be seen.

My friend said he asked my brother "Did you see that?" very quietly and calmly, and my brother replied "Yes." and that was the last they spoke of it.

Now obviously my first reaction is "Ha, you're full of shit." but I've seen enough crazy shit that I thought it might be true, but I forgot about it for several months. Now it's 8 or so months later and I'm with my brother and I remember, so I ask him.

"Hey, do you ever remember driving home with anon and seeing something strange?"

I asked him vaguely.

He stares off for a moment as if thinking then replies "Yeah, one day when we were driving back with a part for the car we saw this Teddy Bear walking down the side of the road, it was wearing a trench coat and holding a machete and it had beady red eyes, it spun around when we saw it..."
>>
>>17987365
>...are there spooky things in western Mass?
Naw man, Western Mass is just so far from Central Mass/Middlesex County. It's also like a whole different fucking state out there.
>>
A 6 year-old boy who disappeared in 1969 in the Great Smokey Mountains. Two families with the last name of Martin happened upon each other, and their two sons began playing hide and seek in the nearby bushes. When the parents called the boys into camp and one didn’t return, the boy’s father went to find help. A rainstorm began as he ran down the hill. At the same time, further down the hill, another family with the last name of Key heard a sickening scream and looked up to see what they thought at first was a man hiding in the bushes. The boy’s father reached the valley and called the FBI to meet him at the park but the agent told him to meet them at another location, which made no sense. The Green Berets showed up again and took over the search completely. Meanwhile, Mr. Martin stayed in the park two months looking for his son, who was never found. the father, stated that when the Key family spotted the man in the bushes, he or it was carrying something on its shoulder, however none of this information the Key family proffered was included in the FBI report. Paulides was told during his investigation of this case that some “wild men” live in the park that the park service had not been able to control. Twelve other people have disappeared in the same area and the FBI agent monitoring those cases allegedly committed suicide. The phenomena is not limited to the U.S., either. In the Philippines, many people have disappeared, most never returning. When visitors go there they’re told that they must not wear colorful clothing into the jungle. The bright colors seem to attract whatever it is that takes the people. This clue is similar to the American children who have disappeared wearing bright clothing.
>>
Not really /x/ but Montgomery Co. Tn. Years and years ago. Hanging out with friends in a parking lot near a boat ramp. We had been out fishing earlier, boozing a bit now. Started to feel creeped out, realized we were the only people left down here, middle of nowhere. Went home. Found out later 2 old people in a nearby cabin had been murdered that weekend. Still wonder if we had a close call or just a weird coincidence.
>>
File: myriadinfall.png (751KB, 656x659px) Image search: [Google]
myriadinfall.png
751KB, 656x659px
>>17979660
How do you not know how to spell myriad?
>>
>>17986145
see
>>17983953
>>17983950
>>
>>17983393
>>17984337
>>17984404
>>17984530

>all these WVbros on /x/

How can one state be so spooky and comfy at the same time?
Thread posts: 145
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.