[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the deal with the Watchers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 11

File: watcher.jpg (27KB, 331x600px) Image search: [Google]
watcher.jpg
27KB, 331x600px
The Watchers were fallen angels from the Book of Enoch, I suggest you read up on them, before you continue in this thread.

The Watchers after falling from heaven went to Mount Hermon.

Source: http://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/boe/boe009.htm

One third of the Angels fell from heaven.

Source: http://biblia.com/bible/esv/Rev%2012.4

Mount Hermon's coordinates are 33.4162° N, 35.8570°

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Hermon

The 33 is interesting to note, but the other is off.

How do we amend this?

The current Greenwich Meridian wasn't the first we used. The first was actually in Paris, and the Paris Meridian is 2 degrees east. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_meridian

33% of angels landed at 33, 33

This shows that the Book of Enoch isn't something to be ignored, but what more is there? Are the watchers good, or evil, or both? They taught humanity, but fought God. From a Gnostic perspective are they good guys?

What are your thoughts on the watchers?
>>
>>17969583
Interesting thread OP. The story of the watchers is similar to that of prometheus. They are fallen angels but not the luciferian kind. They just fell enamored with mankind and taught em stuff much like good ol prom, and got chastised for it bound in darkness (rock for prom) till the end of times. All these stories are symbolic and exist for many religions and cultures including greek, egyptian, norse and so on.
>>
>>17969611

I believe Prometheus gets freed eventually in Greek mythology. Maybe the Watchers are freed eventually too.

I'll have to go skim over the apocalypses, and find what didn't make sense then, that does make sense now.
>>
File: 1463011996511.png (186KB, 463x515px) Image search: [Google]
1463011996511.png
186KB, 463x515px
>>17969583
These are two separate events in separate time frames.

"The Book of Enoch, The Prophet" (300BCE-50CE), beginning in Chap VII, discusses the pre Deluge events regarding the Watchers. Samyaza's Horde of 200 Watchers would have come to Earth during, or prior to, the life of the Patriarch Enoch (c. 3,382-3017 BCE)

Revelation 12
When the woman was about to give birth (v. 1 & 2), the moon was at her feet. She was not on Earth.
(v. 3) Dragon appeared in Heaven
Revelation 12:4 states "Its [the Red Dragon's] tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth."
This discusses stars and not angels.
This verse is highly debated and yes, many believe that 1/3 of the angels fell.

Even if the Stars were to be considered Angels, they could not merely be the 200 Watchers enumerated in "Enoch". Revelation 5 had previously spoken of "myriads of myriads". This is 10K * 10K or 100 Million angels.

And. Revelation is in the future (after c. 70 CE)

>33% of angels landed at 33, 33
You're being silly.
There is no indication that Angels in Revelation landed on Mount Hermon. That was the Watchers in "Enoch".
Mount Hermon appears 13 times in the Bible and only in the OT.
AND
The North Pole is 90deg North and 33 deg North would be 36.7% of the distance between the equator and the pole.

>good, or evil, or both
Concerning the children of the watchers, The Nephalim.
"Enoch" Chapter VII beginning at verse 12
12. Whose stature was each three hundred cubits. These devoured all which the labour of men produced; until it became impossible to feed them;
13. When they turned themselves against men, in order to devour them;
14. And began to injure birds, beasts, reptiles, and fishes, to eat their flesh one after another, and to drink their blood.
15. Then the earth reproved the unrighteous.

>They taught humanity
Their wives
10. "teaching them sorcery, incantations, and the dividing of roots and trees."
And they were wiped out in the Flood
>>
>>17969991

Well the Watchers were fallen angels, so while they may not be the normal "evil satan" ones we talk about, they still count towards the 33, 33. You're a shill if you don't think that's at the least bit curious.

The nephilim aren't necessarily an argument against the Watchers. I mean Christianity created Islam, but Christianity is still good.
>>
File: 32549851.jpg (91KB, 1000x664px)
32549851.jpg
91KB, 1000x664px
There's a lot of cool shit surrounding mount Hermon. The Grigori (watchers, as you call them) were definitely a cool story - meeting on the mountain to make their pact, creating the Nephilim and so forth.

There's a theory that this was the birth of White man. Another cool thing you might not know is that, on top of Mount Hermon, to this day, is a permanently occupied UN base.
>>
File: Noah's Ark.jpg (150KB, 876x493px) Image search: [Google]
Noah's Ark.jpg
150KB, 876x493px
>>17972114
>You're a shill if you don't think that's at the least bit curious
>shill - noun - an accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others.
hmm...

I didn't say it wasn't curious.
I merely point out that:
a) The Story of the Watchers and the Nephalim is separate from the Apocalypse of John revealed in Revelation.
b) If the Watchers are part of the 1/3 of "Stars" cast to Earth in Revelation, they are are small percentage of the 33 Million plus cast down. They may be leaders, but John gives no indication of that.
c) The Lat and Long of Mount Hermon is inconsequential. Further, the New Testament makes no mention of Mount Hermon.

>The nephilim aren't necessarily an argument against the Watchers
The Lord to Raphael "...And the whole Earth has been ruined by the teaching of the works of Azazel" [the #2 Watcher].
The Lord to Michael, after telling him to do really things to Samyaza [the Leader] "And destroy all the souls of lust, and the sons of the Watchers [Nephalim], for they have wronged men."

>>17972162
>The Grigori
The "Book of Enoch, the Prophet" and "The Secrets of Enoch" (2Enoch - Slavonic Enoch) are separate books compiled during separate time frames and certain portions of them contradict one another. Some 2Enoch manuscripts place the number of Grigori (Greek -Watchers) at 200 Myriad (20 Million)

Dates for the compilation of "Enoch" are from 300 BCE and 50 CE
Dates for "2Enoch" are 1st Cent BCE to 10th Cent CE.
The best date for 2Enoch is c. 1st Cent CE and it may have used portions of the "Enoch" story as its source.

>There's a theory that this was the birth of White man
[citation please]
Just curious.
Plus:
Noah landed on the coast of the Black Sea.
The Flood was a local event (c. 10,000 BCE).
The people on shore went "Wow!" and the story spread planet wide.

I didn't say this wasn't cool stuff.
>>
This is why im gay because all this shit is to be stayed away from and only women ever get bothered by these things. Ill use a surrogate and no need to go "become one" with eve and her shit
>>
>>17969583
Its just another demonisation of the gods.

And your image isn't a painting of a watcher. Its Cupid and Psyche.
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 378x214px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 378x214px
>>17972114
>>
The Watchers are Sin-filled creatures that upon arriving on earth gave into lust and had sex with human women. They are pretty low scum, drifting away from God as a whole.

They are the Niggers of heaven.
>>
>>17973803
>Its just another demonisation of the gods
Yep, not part of the biblical canon, LITERALLY made up by the Jews.
>>
File: image.jpg (220KB, 800x1192px)
image.jpg
220KB, 800x1192px
>>17973851
Notes:
The "Book of Enoch" is part of the canon of some Ethiopic and Eritrean Orthodox Christian Churches.

"Enoch" 1:9 is quoted from in the NT in the Epistle of Jude (1:14-15)
>>
>>17973851
Both testaments are written by and about Jews. The hell are you talking about?

>>17972555
>[citation please]
>Just curious.
Oh boy are you in for a treat.

>Dan 2:43 points to a major deception, an illusion of fallen angels siring children, when in fact the sperm used was stolen from human men, then used to impregnate human women, making the children to actually be entirely human.
http://www.nephilimhybrids.com/
https://sites.google.com/site/naomiastral/ancient-civilisations/giant-nephilim-from-the-caucasus-mountains
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message2148617/pg1?disclaimer=1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdlVd66o9rc
http://vaticproject.blogspot.com/2013/10/rh-negs-descendents-of-nephilim.html
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100822184002AAVUl7i
>>
United Nations has an outpost on Mt. Hermon.

Ask yourselves WHY???
>>
>>17973915
>Both testaments are written by and about Jews
Only the Hebrew Bible, not the New Testament.
>>
File: inri.jpg (30KB, 480x466px)
inri.jpg
30KB, 480x466px
>>17973929
Who you even think Jesus is?
>>
>>17969583
The problem is that the coordinates along the east west are arbitary. I could make my shithole the place that holds the 0th meridian.
>>
>>17973936
you do realise that this inscription was meant to mock Jesus? Besides, He was surely born a Jew, but through receiving a new revelation and establishing his own religion he rejected the Jewish tradition
>>
>>17973936
A Jew, and Jews hate Jesus. We are not to worship Jews, other than Jesus.

The Jews killed the Lord Jesus and their own prophets; they please not God but are contrary to all men: Forbidding us to preach the Gospel to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins alway: for the wrath of God is come unto them to the uttermost.

The Jew will suffer in life, it is only now that he is manipulating everything.
>>
>>17973944
Imbecile.
Welcome to /x/, I guess.
>>
>>17973968
more like welcome to religion threads on /x/ whom I have always carefully avoided due to the sheer amount of pseudo-enlightened bullshit that is spewed in them
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 800x800px)
image.jpg
1MB, 800x800px
>>17973918
The United Nations has had military obsevers, the UN Truce Supervision Organization, in Israel since shortly after its formation in 1948 (Security Council Resolution 50)
In addition, after the 1973 War the UN sent peace keepers, the UN Disengagement Observer Force (UNDOF), to monitor the Israel Syria Border.
The Mt Hermon UNDOF facility (the Hermon Hotel) monitors the northern portion of the disputed area between Israel and Syria.

Nothing nefarious. They're just Watchers
>pun intended

For this guy >>17972162 & his "Hermon Hotel" picture
Some manuscripts of "2Enoch" have either 200 or 200 myriad Grigori. The most common number is 3. I don't know if this includes Satanail.
If your haven't read the "Book of Enoch, The Prophet". The Watchers are discussed in much more detail.
>>
>>17969646
The watches have already been freed. They were only to be imprisoned for 4900 years.
>>
>>17969583
Oh, you've peaked my interest greatly, very, much so
>>
>>17974034
>If your haven't read the "Book of Enoch, The Prophet"
I have my copy right behind me with the rest of my theology collection. Already read it some years ago.

>>17975171
>peaked
>>
>>17969583
it seems to me that quasimoto has that ill arsenal.
>>
File: mystery_merchant.jpg (2KB, 108x125px) Image search: [Google]
mystery_merchant.jpg
2KB, 108x125px
>>17973803

That's embarrassing. I just searched "watcher" in google images and it came up.

>>17973851

So the coordinate thing was just a "coincidence"?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2561x3400px)
image.jpg
1MB, 2561x3400px
>>17976554
>the coordinate thing was just a "coincidence"?
No. The is no coincidence. The coordinate thing is irrelevant.
See >>17969991/this (half way down)
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.