[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think happens when you die? Is it just a black void?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: Olde_Skull_Bones.gif (24KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Olde_Skull_Bones.gif
24KB, 500x500px
What do you think happens when you die? Is it just a black void? Is it just like sleeping? Is there another world we go to that's similar to our current reality with different outcomes and events?
>>
Meh
>>
Maybe i dont know maybe we born again
>>
Nada
>>
File: BsM5zN5CcAA4yzX.jpg (12KB, 210x200px) Image search: [Google]
BsM5zN5CcAA4yzX.jpg
12KB, 210x200px
Free bump
>>
Probably equivalent to perception before you were ever conceived (none).
>>
You're either reincarnated into ur offspring down the line or see eternal nothingness if your a evil shitard you go to hell.. if you beat this computer game called life you get to shoot dope with god in heaven for eternity
>>
>>17968488
When you die, your perspective ceases to exist. Imagine the world before you were born. It's the same kind of non-experience. The world goes on without you.
>>
>>17968538
Of course, since the only way to really know is through empiricism, there really isn't any real answer that we can be sure of.
>>
>>17968544
You're an idiot.
>>
File: f88wf8.jpg (45KB, 512x385px) Image search: [Google]
f88wf8.jpg
45KB, 512x385px
>>
>>17968538
The part that scares me about this is the mystery of what that would be like. Do you just turn off? Are you aware of the nothingness?
>>
>>17968578
If you're aware of it, than it's not nothingness / non-existence. I don't think anyone understand it, really.
>>
>>17968595
Understands*
>>
>>17968488
Hello, I've actually died and came back. Whether or not you believe me is completely up to you. Needless to say, I came back and am now able to post so I'll just explain what happened before that point.

Anyways, this is what happened. I was 17. Young and foolish and in love. But she didn't love me back. She found a boyfriend. It tore me up inside. Like I said, I was young and stupid so I tried to kill myself.

I took a razor and started slitting my throat. I thought it would be quick and relatively painless because I watched people do it on television. It's not. I spent ages slicing and hacking away trying to get to an artery or vein that would spill out a decent amount of blood. It took hours. At first it hurt a lot but eventually the area was completely mangled and I didn't feel a thing. I still couldn't hit the main artery but I had still lost a lot of blood over time. I went to lay down in the tub since I couldn't stand anymore.

Here is the scary part. When you're about to die, you can feel yourself dying. It's not the body shutting down that you feel. It's your brain shutting down. As I was laying down in that tub, I was slowly losing the ability to think. It's completely different from falling asleep where you just lose consciousness. It was like a countdown with different thought types shutting own in order. I wouldn't describe it as something like losing the ability to do math and then losing the ability to form sentences. It was more complicated. It's like my brain was losing defenses one at a time. I was aware that I was dying and desperately trying to cling on with my brain. But it was futile. Then it was nothingness.
>>
Is consciousness, the concept itself, a form of life? Is it THE form of life?
>>
>>17968595
What if we come back from that void and that's reincarnation?
>>
>>17968660
Possible, but extremely unlikely.
>>
If you die by accident, your consciousness switches to an alternate universe where you didn't die. And it keeps happening until no more switches can be made.
>>
>>17968626
Man. Wonderful. I snapped it for later read.
>>
>>17968626
>When you're about to die, you can feel yourself dying.
i know the feeling you just described, I have never been able to explain it. thanks for that post
>>
I imagine it's like a permanent lucid dream... all knw is that living is horrible for everyone involved and I wish we were all dead.
>>
>>17968626
You only saw nothing because this death was self-inflicted.
>>
>>17971524
you dream with your brain and your brain rots. this makes no sense
>>
File: 1469599542347.jpg (104KB, 666x636px) Image search: [Google]
1469599542347.jpg
104KB, 666x636px
>>17968595
Why though?
>>
Like it was before you were born; those billions of years that existed before you came along for your briefest of existence.
>>
you are forced to live again once you die
it is an endless circle or infinity symbol.
once we learn to transcend we can finally break free
>>
>>17968522
>>17968538
>>17968578
>>17973370

So we die and become nothing? That's the basis of your argument? Then I'm sure you must also believe that you were "nothing" before you were born. Completely and totally non-existent. But consider this: If you were "nothing" before you were born then upon your birth (or conception, whatever) you went from being nothing to becoming something (i.e. your current self). So, doesn't it logically follow that "something" arises out of "nothing"? So when you die and become "nothing" what's to stop that "nothing" from becoming something again? Because according to your argument that's exactly what happened on the day you were born.

>>17968660
Yes, I think maybe so.
>>
>>17968488
Who cares? You can't change it or avoid it. Whatever happens or doesn't happen will occur no matter what. No reason to get caught up in it. Nobody that dies can tell us (no, that temporary stuff isn't dying, dying is permanent) and we have never been able to communicate with or detect the dead.

Human fixation on what comes next is disgusting. Might as well ponder what the sun would look like covered in ice cream. You'll never know so focus on shit you can influence here and now.
>>
>>17973426

You don't come from nothing you Flaming retard. You come from sperm nested in your mothers womb. You grow there because you mothers body gets nutrients which it shares with you. Then you are born. You come from sperm, not from nothing.

Try that when you are a corpse
>>
>>17973537
>expecting /x/phile to understand anything science related
>>>/sci/
>>
I want to become a ghost and just wander around. I don't give a fuck about my body, but I'm not okay with losing my consciousness. Too curious about the future.
>>
>>17973537

You misunderstood my point.

I'm speaking of nothing in term of your consciousness. In terms of your subjective experience. Not your physical body. I would explain it a little further if you'd like but you sound kind of angry right now.

Everything ok?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.