[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recently I discovered through my sister that my mother's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: tungusfamilyandshaman.jpg (74KB, 594x341px) Image search: [Google]
tungusfamilyandshaman.jpg
74KB, 594x341px
Recently I discovered through my sister that my mother's side of the family descends from Shaman indians and slaves from the colonial period (I live in Brazil). She believes very strongly in spirits and their ability to affect our daily lives, and while I could just brush off as another bullshitty thing she believes in (since she also started to recently believe in the Zodiac signs which have been scientifically confirmed to be bullshit), she explained things in a way that clarified a lot of things I previously wondered about.

For starters, I used to consider myself an atheist until more or less a year ago (nowadays I don't deny the possibility of a higher power even if I think the Christian god is bullshit).
Throughout my entire life, my mom has had an ability to "hear" things. She has a voice in her head that warns her of incoming dangers and, when she was a child, could even tell her things like the next words people would say or if someone's relatives had died (before said person even knew about it). I know for a fact that it exists since it saved my life (and the lives of my family) more times than I can count. Just yesterday I was staying up late in my mom's office (she was at home already) when she calls me and tells me to go home immediately because she was hearing things in that voice. I go, and the moment I step outside the office and go into the street, I see three police cars parked outside the closed supermarket apprehending a criminal.
Once, my sister was in Boston talking to a guy she had met (she was dealing with breaking up with her former boyfriend) and she wanted to take things to the next level by going to his house. She called my mom and asked her if she should do it. My mom told her he was "dangerous" and proceeded to give an exact physical description of the guy (medium height, long blonde hair, wearing a grey hoodie). Keep in mind, she did this in Brazil, while my sister was in Boston.

1/2
>>
>>17963209
2/2

Mom is a very religious person, and she calls it a "gift from God". And it's not just my mother. My sister and aunts have it too, and my mom told me her mother had this very strongly. She says it's something all the women in the family have, and that it is passed down generations (which is why my mom lost some of her ability when my sister was born).

I asked my sister about this and she says the entire family has gifts for spirituality, including the men (which really explains several of my experiences which I prefer to not talk about here) but the women are the more direct descendants of Brazilian Shaman indians. My sister explained it's the spirits talking to my mom (and her even if her abilities are lesser). She also explained that it's something that can drive people insane, and that schizophrenia is caused by people who cannot deal with the spirits talking to them. I myself remember instances of hearing random voices out of nowhere telling me thoughts that I wasn't thinking about, though me and my sister aren't exactly sure what they are.

I want to know if anyone else has a situation similar to mine. If anyone else comes from a family with a supernatural background or even has abilities themselves.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.