[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: Stanley_Kubrick.jpg (40KB, 514x448px) Image search: [Google]
Stanley_Kubrick.jpg
40KB, 514x448px
How did he predict so many things?

did he have the "shining"
>>
File: image.png (186KB, 463x515px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
186KB, 463x515px
>>17960274
What, if anything, did he predict?
>>
>>17960377
This
dont let us down op
what do you know ?
>>
>>17960377
everything about eyes wide shut

it was filmed in a rothchild mansion
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1200x1600px
>>17960442
And that is a prediction of what?
"Eyes Wide Shut" is an adapted screenplay based on the novel "Traumnovelle" (1926) by Arthur Schnitzler (1862-1931)

What did Kubrick predict?
>>
>>17960467
This
yeah cmon op
give us at least a glimpse on what ur on about
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoDKg8nHI1U
>>
>>17960467
Don't press the issue. Clearly OP just wants to feel included, hence pulling some random shit of of his ass and posting in hopes that he'll be given something interesting to read.
>>
>>17960377
He faked the moonlanding you Soros Shill
>>
>>17960274

he was interested in symbolism, hiding things in plain sight & the mystical properties of the elite.

the 'overlook' hotel is a nod to how 85% of the audience is enjoying the film only in one dimension wherein he hid subplots in almost every single picture he made (other than his first two projects, from what i understand).

if you are curious, this is a great (albeit long) read about the visual storytelling techniques he employed in Eyes Wide Shut:

http://idyllopuspress.com/idyllopus/film/ews_one.htm#tldr
>>
>>17960467
damn this pic is ugly
>>
>>17960467
>What did Kubrick predict?
illuminates ofcourse
>>
>>17963332
...the Overlook Hotel was called the Overlook Hotel because that it's name in the book.
>>
>>17960274
No predictions really, more like hints and suggestions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUS1XDIIhTE
>>
File: image.jpg (151KB, 900x1210px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151KB, 900x1210px
>>17963294
You are an ignorant human. Take your comment up with Colonel Aldrin
>pic related

>>17963356
Kubrick predicted nothing. He adapted an early 20th century book into a screenplay.

>>17963385
I don't play the YouTube game. Summarize
>hints and suggestions
Of what? The illuminati are an old group and any prortrayal of them is poetic license and already part of the collective consciousness.

He made an awesome movie, like everything but "Barry Lyndon". Get a grip people. If he placed suggestive imagery into "Eyes Wide Shut" it was to sell theatre tickets and make the audience think. How was he "predicting" something that already occurs and is part of the public conscious? He played upon the collective paranoid conspiratorial mindset and succeeded. He was brilliant.
>>
>>17963362
And who wrote the book, wiseass?

Steven King
▲ S. K. ▲
Stanley Kubrick
>>
>>17964434
You can't be this retarded
>>
>>17964452
You're on /x/ and doubt the retards?
>>
>>17964434
HOKY HIT IS AL MAKE SNES!!!!
>>
File: image.jpg (312KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
312KB, 1920x1080px
>>17963332 #
I thought we were talking about predictions in Kubrick movies, specifically "Eyes Wide Shut".
>the 'overlook' hotel is a nod to how 85% of the audience is enjoying the film only in one dimension.
No.
Why are we talking about "The Shining"?
see >>17963362 #/this

>>17964434 #
>who wrote the book?
Which book? "The Shining"? Kubrick did not write the book?
see >>17964452 #
King, Kubrick, and Diane Johnson collaborated on the screenplay.

HEY PEOPLE!!!
I'm still waiting to know what PREDICTIONS Kubrick made.
>>
>>17960442
I thought it was his own home in England.
>>
>>17964564
>I'm still waiting to know what PREDICTIONS Kubrick made.
2001 A Space Odyssey
>>
>>17960274
>the shining
oh no it was something much more mysterious, vile and sinister than that

autism
>>
>>17966449
You actually hit on something here, Anon. Arthur C. Clark, who wrote 2001, notices that a lot of what he put into the book started coming to fruition. It drove him a bit cuckoo and he became pseudoscientific in his later years, like more than one person involved in science or sci-fi. He would have fit right in on /x/ actually.
>>
>>17966718
Other examples include such giants as Tesla and Newton. Thomas Edison (though I'm not sure if he was much of a scientist as much as a business man) tried to have inventors make him a spirit telephone. Sometimes scientists go wacky! And sci-fi writers too. I mean, Hubbard, for example.
>>
>>17966724
But Kubrick is a devisive figure because asside from being a top-notch director, maybe the best auteur we've seen (plenty of competition there, but he does, ahem, shine), was also a famous recluse. This allows us to come up with all sorts of reasons why he might have been secretive, what's he hiding, etc., but he really appears to just have been unwilling to be around people most of the time.

Some people credit him with the moon landing, and while I personally don't buy it, I can see where that would be a fun thought experiment, but about predictions, I don't know if I'm getting where you are coming from with that.
>>
>>17964357
Is this the real cover of LIFE magazine on that day? Source?
>>
>>17966718
>>17966724
In 2/3-74 the exegesis of phillip k. Dick- pkd at one point mentions in a letter to someone or another that he seems to be living in a phillip k dick novel. Of course, he had just experienced/ was still experiencing various odd phenomenon- related to his contact with the logos... Nevertheless- confirmation biase or not- it would be freaky to have something you wrote come true
>>
>>17963332

Also check out the movie Room 237. Its a documentary on theories that are hidden in 'The Shining', although i strongly suspect more than a few theorists were high lol. Some are interesting though
>>
File: image.gif (123KB, 468x695px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
123KB, 468x695px
>>17966751
>On the day?
No! It was a special edition published upon their return which detailed the entire voyage.
>pic New York Times 1969 JUL 21

>>17966449
Once again, an adapted Screenplay.
see >>17966718/this
But so much more of what Clarke wrote in 2001 hasn't yet come remotely close.

Additionally, science fiction writers are in the business of predicting the future (i.e. Jules Verne and the Nautilus.)

Still waiting for Kubrick Predictions
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.