[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever hallucinate voices when you're falling asleep?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (17KB, 309x463px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 309x463px
Have you ever hallucinate voices when you're falling asleep?

There are times when I would be falling asleep while the air conditioning is running and there are things going on outside (usually if it's daytime), I would sometimes hear my mother's voice calling me, even though she's still alive. Its like she's in the other room, but I know she's not.
>>
>>17958191
Happens to me all the time anon, it's usually people calling my name or just shouting "hey!" Not sure why though..
>>
>>17958191
Its called exploding head disorder look it up. Happens to me every night. I hear someone call my name then I wake up.
>>
I've had this happen. Like the first anon it's either "hey!" or my name. It's always a man's voice that I recognize but can't figure out who it is.
>>
>>17958191
Ye5,

In fact when i powernap and is awakhalfawake some frequency shit is on like a phone or fan i hear speaking to
>>
Yep. Usually someone saying my name very loudly and quickly and sounds like they are in the same room.
>>
It's a drag when the voices are raspy and whisper your name.I get that almost every night, except I don't recognize the voices at all.
>>
I've had this, OP

>>17958961
TY for informing me the spooky thing has been discussed by other *phew*
>>
>>17958191
It's happened to me several times. Sometimes while I was falling asleep, other times just while tired. Sometimes I would hear my name whispered, other just "Psssst!" Or "listen!"
>>
I've had it happen before but then I assume it's just since I'm half asleep.

When I was a kid I was playing guitar very loudly in my basement on an amplifier, and VERY clearly I heard my name. Yelled down from upstairs, like it was my mother yelling for me to come up. I swear it was identical to her calling my name.

So I turned the amp off, set the guitar down, and went up stairs to ask if she did, and nope. No one yelled anything.
>>
When i was a mid i remember listening to some song from a videogame and whenever it came to a certain part i would always hear someone calling my name... Happend a few other times too but only as a kid i guess.
>>
Happens to me all the time, mainly when it's really quiet. I can never make out the voices, just whispers.
>>
>>17960423
That's just Navi wanting to say what's up
>>
Pretty common, as you can see from other anons: it once happened to me while drifting into sleep while watching tv, only that instead of a voice, it was the snapping sound of teeths a few inches from my ears, like you would hear if you bite the air with your mouth open.Pretty spoopy!
>>
not as spooky as the others, but when i'm falling asleep, sometimes i won't able to recognize my own thoughts and i'll start hearing actual voices but by the time i realize what it is, it stops
>>
Only what seemed like anonymous voices whispering single syllables, not even a whole word, from the next room while I was alone in a quiet house. This only happened a couple of times when I was a teen.

It's a taste of what schizos deal with all the time.
>>
>>17960423
this. all the goddamn time
>>
>>17960783
i can be tired, or just drifting off to sleep and it will be so loud and distinct that i will completely wake up and set up and listen for more. but thats usually it.
>>
>>17958191
Oh come on you monetarily inflated OP, can't you at least see beyond your comforts that there is real true suffering in the world? Everyone hears things when they are falling asleep. This is the most normal process that we have. OP is a bitch.
>>
>>17960799

>let he who is without sin cast the first stone

Now c'mon, this could be a potentially interesting thread. What OP is referring to is likely the phenomena of hypnogagia.
>>
>>17960877
Which is what we all experience, quite literally.
>>
>>17958961
>>17958742
>>17958191

It's not a disorder and it's called "hypnagogic state". It's something everyone goes through while falling asleep. Some people notice it, some don't.

Nothing spoopy about this unless you consider dreams themselves to be spoopy.
>>
>>17962375

lel , a well researched and known phenomena is a potential haunting on this board.
>>
>>17958191
Pretty sure it happens when you are very tired, happens to me a lot when I go to sleep really late
>>
>>17958191
>Have you ever hallucinate voices when you're falling asleep?
yes
>>
>>17958191
I get that during the day and not just voices, just now I was bringing dinner to my room and I heard a crowd applause. No tv or speakers on in the house, shits weird yo
>>
>>17958191
Completely normal mate, most people get that
>>
>>17960473
Audial pareidolia.
>>
>>17958191
Yeah, they're called hypnagogic hallucinations, anon.

I get them rarely.
>>
>>17958191
Yeah happens to me sometimes also one time late at night was talking to a buddy on skype and someone knocked on my door about 3 times but I was home alone
>>
>>17958191
I do like 65% of the time. Just ignore them brah.
>>
On a couple of occasions I've heard a loud audible sigh right as I was about to drift off into sleep. I either hallucinated it, or I heard myself but my brain failed to register the sigh as coming from me.
>>
>>17958191
everytime i stay up past my normal bedtime. sometimes it could happen in the day too, but rarely
>>
It is called hipnagogic state and its normal...
>>
>>17960932
Not when one is awake
Faggot
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.