[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You play a video game long enough, you usually end up figuring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 11

File: iYKZUdJVmFbUt.gif (2MB, 637x358px) Image search: [Google]
iYKZUdJVmFbUt.gif
2MB, 637x358px
You play a video game long enough, you usually end up figuring out how to break it. You noclip through walls, you disappear, fall through the floor, punch in some console commands and are able to game the system itself. Now, consider the idea that we are living in a simulation. All the weird shit that happens suddenly isn't so weird when we take into account the language of video games. Mysterious disappearances? Maybe the actual user went afk or no clipped. Magic? Console commands/cheat codes. Ufos? Glitch in the background rendering. Maybe the ufo was supposed to look like a plane from the ground but bugged out and started flying around in unusual patterns.

Let's talk about the simulation.
>>
>>17952248
I don't believe someone would make a game this boring
>>
>>17952288

How is it boring?

Go kill your parents... you'll be on the run from the law and entertained for life!
>>
>>17952248
Something inside me said, that you should get shot.

I do not know what that means.
When I look at it in another way it may be a message that you will be catching a bullet in your future.
Or maybe you have dodged one recently.

I am sincerely trying not to troll you.
Tell me.
>>
>>17952288
It's only as boring as you make it.

I don't mean it's a game exactly. There is no leveling up or hi scores. I think maybe it's more of a simulation in order to study the behaviors of humans in countless different circumstances.

Someone in charge can say, execute a code that makes the world 1 degree hotter. Observe the results, repeat. Or make an individual or group of individuals hostile and attack other people, observe the results.

Or maybe were all sitting in chairs with headsets and weird haptic feedback suits on, playing this thing. I don't know.
>>
>>17952337
I'm in a public place now. I'll let you know if I get murdered.
>>
>>17952288
If this were /b/, I would have said /thread.
>>
>>17952248
If this is simulation and system have security to prevent breaking system or leaving it we will never know.
You can at least try to think with your brain on milion ways on short time and imagine simulation of it in your mind if head hurts this mean you got health problem or it's really simulation.
>>
File: Remus_la_noche.jpg (2MB, 1320x1601px) Image search: [Google]
Remus_la_noche.jpg
2MB, 1320x1601px
>>17952358
That's right. You don't know.
>>
Ussain Bolt- Speed hacks
Ghosts- Glitch that renders users who no longer play/ replay glitch about past events
Big foot/ Cryptids- Animal model rendering gone wrong
UFOs - Feature from a upcoming update leaked / mods
Mysterious lights- Lighmap error
Commatose people- AFK user
Disappearances - People who logs out
ISIS- griefers/trollers
>>
Or, it doesn't even have to be a computer simulation. We could be an ant farm for some alien race. A real life, living, breathing Sim city.
>>
>>17952248
This is the worst way to approach the simulation theory. No, you aren't inside a video game or a computer. You're inside of a dream, or rather, the thoughts of God.

There's nothing really cool to say about it.
>>
File: 154cac9.jpg (436KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
154cac9.jpg
436KB, 1600x900px
>>17952288
We're pretty lucky to have things boring. We used to be getting our shit wrecked by all kinds of enemies. Now if we want danger we have to go out and seek it.
>>
>>17952300
god damn those are some edgy dubs
>>
File: hu-qiong_1635956a.jpg (31KB, 460x288px) Image search: [Google]
hu-qiong_1635956a.jpg
31KB, 460x288px
>>17952248
>>17952492
I don't know if it's technically considered a hack but Shaolin and QiGong practitioners have conclusively proven that it's possible to break the rules that most humans live by.

Resisting blades that would legitimately kill most people, or setting things on fire with their hands. None of this has ever been debunked, it's legitimate and it's the closest thing we've got to provable magic.
>>
>>17952428
Science fair experiment.

Blue ribbon for a self sustaining ecosystem.
>>
>>17952558
Also this guy who can alter his body temperature

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxoxlxYxzLo
>>
>>17952288
Says the guy who hasn't even beaten the tutorial level yet
>>
>>17952248
So with the way were overpopulating, do you think the time when we overload the RAM or whatever we'll crash out of existence?
>>
>>17952300
Because they didn't put anything worth doing in the video game...
Unless Earth is the "free to play" planet and all the cool planets are for paid subscribers only. Like Thor's planet or Krypton.
>>
I saw pubes on the top of the urinal in a public bathroom once and concluded it was a glitch in the simulation seeming how it is not logical for pubes to magically end up on a ledge 5 and a half feet off the ground.
>>
>>17952408

Life is not like a video game...

...video games are like life!
>>
>>17952631

What if all these douche turds are just hiding our 72 virgins waiting for us to be baller as fuck?!
>>
>>17952653
Thanks eminem. :^)
>>
There is nothing being simulated, the simulation is reality.
>>
>>17952660

El-P?!
>>
>>17952668
You're not eminem. Go away. :^)
>>
>>17952248
The Universe is a Simulation Theory.
Probably popular because Mathematics are the Universal language. In short it makes sense, and is easy to understand and more or less comfortable. In long... well if it is a simulation it is on a scale that defies our knowledge of computer science and operates in a way wholly unfamiliar with human based binary or quantum computing.
The whole frame rate = Planck units makes sense, and is about as close as we get to relativity with human systems.
What is a universal bit? Quarks generally work in binary, but not always. Higgs-bosons don't seem to carry information. Neutrinos are far too large, too say nothing of atoms. Photons don't make anything besides light and energy. And as for string theory strings, well, fuck string theory.
>>17952492
This is my take on it (more or less).
>>17952621
If the Universe uses ram... It would still be the non random access type of memory that crashed the system.
Thought experiment: If you want to alter a simulation you are in, you have to be capable of viewing the whole system from outside the system. Even the best AIs don't write their own code.
>>
>>17952671
Idk what you're trying to say. LMFAOOOOO
>>
I think that life is like a simulation with very serious consequences. Getting out of the matrix is finding God. Then life really starts to get good
>>
be weary of spiritual deception which also deceives us in the physical realm
>>
>>17952685
Is fucking finding god? :^)
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
"The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head."
>>
"All creation is a language and nothing but a language, which for some inexplicable reason we can't read outside and hear inside. So I say, we have become idiots. Something has happened to our intelligence. Arrangement of parts of the brain is a language, we are parts of the brain, therefore we are language. Why do we not know this? We do not even know what we are, let alone what the outer reality is of which we are parts.

The origin of the word "idiot" is the word "private". Each of us has become private, and no longer shares the common thought of the brain, except at a subliminal level. Thus our real life and purpose are conducted below our threshold of consciousness."
>>
>>17952248
Those are all very wonderful theories for a very surreal model of reality that we have no reason to believe is relevant to us. Maybe it's just garden variety crime and we should keep fucking shit up when people wrong us.
>>
>>17952678

Is mom's spaghetti the line you lost?

...something something dog kiss...
>>
>>17952546
But there in lies the boringness of this world. You fuck up you die. That compels you to be careful and live boring life. If you could respawn or have all kinds of powers you could do cool shit and not be afraid you fuck up and die. That's why this world is boring.
If you played a game where you would die once or fuck something up and you couldn't play the game anymore, youd say it's a boring game.
>>
>>17952248
so Simulation theory of existence basically
>>
>>17952288
Yes they could. Check out Desert Bus and all the shitty "sim" games.
>>
>>17954014
What if when you have Deja vu, it's actually a checkpoint. Like when games autosave as you progress further. Maybe the Deja vu is you restarting the "game" after you died accidentally.
>>
holy fuck, i never thought op and people who posted in this were so retarded
>>
>>17952248
Nice. A thread that can grab my attention enough to warrant a reply: I can guess that learning new skills like cooking, driving or language fluency would be achievements to unlock; graduating college, getting married or a new job etc would be levelling up.
>>
>>17954565
Why is this retarded? Is it more retarded than the "how do summon a succubus?" threads? Or the tulpa threads? This place is a shadow of what it used to be, I'll give you that, but just think about it as a thought experiment at least.
You don't have to believe it, just consider it.
>>
It's scary to me that there is a real person behind this post who believes this despair code level crop.
>>
>>17954661
It's scary to me that there are people who come to threads they disagree with for no other reason than to state that they disagree.
>>
>>17956058
>>17954661
>>17954565

"And then master paid me my 3 shekels for a trashpost shilling well done!" - Jew Familiar Pet
>>
>>17952248

If that was the case we would be the characters or npcs, we wouldnt notice any glitches
>>
File: image.gif (14KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
14KB, 320x240px
>>17952408
bampu because i like this post
>>
>>17956452
We might be the players.
>>
>>17956452
what if we are all npc's that think we are players and the actual players are somewhere in the population of us npc's?
>>
Did we forget console commands?
>>
>>17962099
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2X582BweQk

Sword Art Online Virtual reality in real life
>>
>Be me a couple of years ago
>Chilling at home, feel like having a cigarette
>Pull pack out of pants, accidentally drop it
>Hear it hit the hardwood
>Turn to look for it, nothing
>Do a more thorough search, nope
>Recreate the event with similar sized objects to see where it could have landed
>Spend literally the rest of the day moving everything out of the room and searching in places it shouldn't even be in
>Genuinely freaked the fuck out

I stopped searching for it after a couple of days to keep my sanity, glitches do occur my fellow anons.
>>
>>17962220
You never found it?
>>
>>17954014
Clearly you've never played a game in hardcore or survivor mode... noob
>>
File: 1460338857417.jpg (23KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1460338857417.jpg
23KB, 640x480px
>>17952248
>>
>>17962861
No and I probably never will. From that day forward I started to question what is "real".
I am convinced we're living in a simulation.
>>
File: Gone_Home.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Gone_Home.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>17952288
You'd be surprised, dude.
>>
>>17952248
Life Speed run strats:

When you're 5 years old, double jump from your couch to the area behind the chair in the northwest corner of the room. You'll clip through the wall and be able to travel instantly to your deathbed, triggering the final cut scenes are and ending the game.
>>
>>17952248
>Anna Bee

my nigga
[spoiler]the reboot was fucking trash[/spoiler]
>>
>>17952555
And that's some trippy trips.
>>
>>17952288
Boring people get bored.
>>
File: 1469156611809.gif (2MB, 379x216px) Image search: [Google]
1469156611809.gif
2MB, 379x216px
>>17952631

We live in a mmo with emergent gameplay. We create our own wars and causes, fight for good or evil, create our own religions, or pursue pleasure in the form of drugs sex or hide from our ownknowing in picture chat forums. Heaps of people find shit worth doing, your perception this round is that there isn't shit worth doing because your here.

Great example in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvK8fua6O64

at 7:50 youtuber talks about emergent game-play and its strikingly a dumbed down version of our world.

In this game or dream you choose your own tasks and problems bud.
>>
File: 1469230579483.jpg (46KB, 337x498px) Image search: [Google]
1469230579483.jpg
46KB, 337x498px
>>17962085
Npc works to find his life worth to be played. Who wouldnt want to play as kim.com Hitler Buddha Eminem Napoleon etc
>>
>>17954014
Let me translate what you just said:

>But there in lies the boringness of this world (as I see it). I fuck up I die. That compels me to be careful and live boring life. If I could respawn or have all kinds of powers i could do cool shit and not be ---afraid--- to fuck up and die. That's why I this world is boring.

Beauty is this isn't a game, this is full immersion with emotions, and know knowledge of anything other than this. Its more of a dream. I life lived in fear isn't worth living in my opinion, if you want to truely live you need to tempt death or atleast take risks. try drugs go cliff jumping talk to girls do something that makes you uncomfortable and you will grow
>>
File: 1469596800345.jpg (59KB, 535x533px) Image search: [Google]
1469596800345.jpg
59KB, 535x533px
>>17954014
Saves and checkpoints devalue the who experience. Ever use hacks or invincibility in a game? its fun for awhile but it gets old, devalues any work I would put into it.
>>
>>17952337
let's make this a copypasta
>>
>>17964868
Something inside me said, that you should get shot.

I do not know what that means.
When I look at it in another way it may be a message that you will be catching a bullet in your future.
Or maybe you have dodged one recently.

I am sincerely trying not to troll you.
Tell me.
>>
>>17952248
What is the matrix
>>
Isn't there supposed to be a cheat code for happiness?
>>
>>17954014
How do you know you haven't respawned several times already? Time passes infinitely fast once you're dead, and a new world would seem to be instantly loaded once again. It's like a hardcore mode where you start all over when you die.
>>
>>17952707
Stupid quote. Man can sleep where ever he pleases. Being able to shape and control nature is a pretty sweet deal.
>>
If so who ever the user is that is controlling me is a huge faggot.
>>
>>17965741
+1
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.