[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who experienced a real NDE here? And I don't mean just a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: 87482710.jpg (43KB, 750x499px) Image search: [Google]
87482710.jpg
43KB, 750x499px
Who experienced a real NDE here? And I don't mean just a narrow escape from death, I mean the phenomena that go with it.
>>
>>17944361

You know this could really be a fruitful area of research.

Talk to some POWs who were almost certainly waterboarded. In fact, if the whole NDE thing was true, I would expect to see a whole lot of reports.
>>
>>17944372

2 out of 5 people who go clinically dead in a hospital report NDE's.
>>
>>17944377

Sauce.
>>
>>17944417

Gallup, G., and Proctor, W. (1982). Adventures in immortality: a look beyond the threshold of death. New York, McGraw Hill, pp. 198–200. "Have you, yourself, ever been on the verge of death or had a "close call" which involved any unusual experience at that time?". Nationally 15% responded "yes".
>>
>>17944417

Life After Life, R. Moody. 1975.
>>
>>17944361
I've done many times. Clinically I have bipolar disorder, but its truly misunderstood. I've taken many drugs over the years and nothing compares to god guiding you from the dark below.
>>
>>17944528

Tell me more. Do you live like a saint? Do you think God is 100% intolerant of mistakes and anything that doesn't match Catholicism (or other)?

Share your story!
>>
Anyone who's interested in NDEs should check out the Skeptiko podcasts. NDEs and other evidence of non-material consciousness are a frequent topic.
>>
File: ArchangelRaphaelOnJazzHornSolo.jpg (17KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
ArchangelRaphaelOnJazzHornSolo.jpg
17KB, 318x159px
>>17944361
I am experienced, but I do not want to share my own details.

I would like to know the frequency that time-reversal asymmetry is observed in conjunction with NDEs subjectively by individuals. There is an interesting metaphysical question as to whether that proportion varies with religious experience.
>>
>>17944361
I don't know if this is really classified as a near death experience but when I was in middle school my friends pushed me to the point where I was upside down on a swing and I fell headfirst into the bar. I was knocked out cold immediately on impact. Everything faded away for what felt like a cross between a second and an eternity and I remember vividly that I saw an armadillo and that it said something to me, then I snapped back to reality roughly 15-30 seconds after I fell, laying on my face in the dirt with my leg tangled in the swing. I remember hearing the distraught shouts of my friends, who thought they'd killed me, and that when I came to I couldn't walk or see straight. Most of this stuff is pretty standard I guess, but I couldn't make sense of the armadillo part for years until a few weeks ago when I told the story to a friend of mine who suggested that it might be my spirit animal. If it is that's cool I guess, but I wish I could at least remember what it said.
>>
>>17944361
I did while tripping balls on shrooms. Completely changed my life. Saw my life flash before my eyes and the whole light at the end of the tunnel and everything. Saw the face of God.
>>
>>17945925
Did you get the whole life review thing where you experienced everything you did for/to other people from their perspective?
>>
>>17944904
>Skeptiko podcasts.

Gee, I wonder what conclusion they reached...
>>
>>17945399

>"You're hallucinating, pal. I'm not a real armadillo."
>>
>>17945925
>Saw the face of God.

Describe it? Come on!
>>
A little over four years ago I died for about two minutes. It's not as dramatic as it sounds, I've had heart issues most of my life and for whatever reason when I was at work my heart just stopped. That was the first and only time that's happened so far. Anyway from my point of view I was walking down the hall at work chatting with a coworker one moment and then next I was looking up at said coworker and my boss with an AED attached to me chest.

At the time there was no no in between. One moment walking the next flat on my back. The odd thing is that I had the memory of missing time, if that makes sense, a instead of relief at not dying I was filled with a sense of "oh, I'm back here again. Oh well."
>>
>>17948161
I'm not sure what you're implying. You didn't say if you're familiar with the show, so I'll point out that despite the name, the show and the guy who does it are actually on the side that says NDEs are real and that the most likely conclusion is that consciousness does survive physical death. A lot of the show's episodes focus on presenting the evidence in favor of that conclusion and/or responding to criticisms from materialists.
>>
>>17948171
I wouldn't be surprised if he couldn't describe it, even if the experience was totally real. Something you hear often from people who had NDEs is that they can't really describe it well because human language can't do it justice.
>>
>>17950331

Ah OK, sounds cool. I thought they were the kind of skeptics who just stick to their original beliefs.
>>
>>17950342

I'm mostly interested if good people have a chance to go to Heaven and such, or a new life, etc.
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 400x320px
>>17948171
>>
>>17952001
Yeah, it might not have been the best choice considering the intended audience, but he's done about 300 shows, so it's worked out pretty well. Apparently there's another podcast called Skeptico that's as euphoric as you'd expect. One Skeptiko guest who didn't do so well in the interview tried to claim he got confused and thought he'd been booked on the other show. He spent most of the show trying to bait the host, Alex, into saying something that would let him label Alex as a religious fundamentalist and thus give him an excuse to dismiss anything Alex said. You could tell that was his intent, because there was one point where he must have thought he'd won and said "Ah, so you're a BELIEVER, then!" in the same tone of voice as Darth Vader in his TIE fighter saying "I have you now."
>>
>>17952022
thats a yeesus
>>
>>17952538
No, son. That is the face of god.
>>
bemp
>>
I learned the meaning of life in my dreams, do you want to know?
>>
>>17955700

Yes.
>>
>>17955775

The meaning of life, is to live.
>>
>>17955812

Fucking deep.
>>
>>17944372
You're never near death if you are being waterboarded. That's the whole point, to torture some one without causing any real (physical) harm.
>>
>>17956552
Maybe, but my understanding is that waterboarding makes you feel thoroughly convinced that you're about to die an agonizing death. I've heard that some people have NDEs even when there's no physical trauma, e.g. someone can jump off a bridge and have a full NDE before they hit the ground. Incidentally, that also serves as evidence against the "dying brain" hypothesis.
>>
>>17944361
when i was a little kid i once hold my breath and lost consciousness. was pretty fucking cool.
I 100% remember it taking a long time while my friends were talking to me. In reality i was just shaking for a few seconds and no one talked to me. I guess that was a NDE. too pussy to ever do it again tho.
>>
>>17944435
This is old and an incredibly vague and open-ended question.
>>17944441
Didn't read but even older so probably crap too
>>
>>17945925
That's not a near death experience. That's what we call a "trip", anon.
>>
>>17956756
Trips are basically NDEs.

When you die you enter into what's called an "intermediate stage" that connects your previous life with your next one. A lot of shit happens here that you e probably heard about. Meeting "God", going through a tunnel, seeing the light, reliving all your memories, etc. This intermediate state exactly the same as the tripping experience. I recommend reading the Psychedelic Experience by Timothy Leary as well as the Tibetian Book of the Dead of which it is based on if you're curious. Amazing how few people know about this
>>
>>17956752
>an incredibly vague and open-ended question
They leave questions open-ended like that so they don't influence the answer. You'll get better answers if you ask "Did you see something?" or "What did you see?" instead of "Did you see a tunnel/Jesus/your dead parents?"
>>
>>17956756
Trips are basically NDEs.

When you die you enter into what's called an "intermediate stage" that connects your previous life with your next one. A lot of shit happens here that you e probably heard about. Meeting "God", going through a tunnel, seeing the light, reliving all your memories, etc. This intermediate state exactly the same as the tripping experience. I recommend reading the Psychedelic Experience by Timothy Leary as well as the Tibetian Book of the Dead of which it is based on if you're curious. Amazing how few people know about this
>>
>>17956789
>>17956794
4chan why
>>
>>17956790
Also, in 1982, the term "near-death experience" was still new and not as well-known as it is now. Someone who hadn't read Raymond Moody's book might think it just meant "coming close to dying", without any kind of afterlife experience.
>>
>>17945005
congratulations, you just perfectly illustrated the Modus Operandi of pseudoscience - say a whole bunch of nothing with lots of words you don't understand the meaning of - having the ability to fool only those even dumber than yourself that you are actually saying something of substance.
>>
>>17945399
"find your soul mate Homer"
>>
File: O5vj6wE.gif (2MB, 400x206px) Image search: [Google]
O5vj6wE.gif
2MB, 400x206px
>>17957101
Thanks for pointing that post out, got a good chuckle
>>
>>17950331
seems like you know exactly what he's implying
>>
yesterday i dreamt that i was on a plane with unknown people but i felt like i did knew them, we were destined to die, everybody knew that, we were supposed to put on the air masks and loose oxigen, thats all i remember
>>
>>17957110
I couldn't make a conclusion without knowing his overall stance on the issue and whether or not he was familiar with Skeptiko. He could be an materialist who knew Skeptiko leaned toward believing in the afterlife, so in that case he'd be implying "Oh, you mean that moron believes in woo? No surprise there." It turned out he didn't know details about the show. He was basing his assumptions on the name, which, if you haven't listened to the show, would lead you to assume it's a "skeptic" (read: materialist) podcast dedicated to debunking the paranormal. I knew it could go either way, but I couldn't be sure without clarification.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.