[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/X/ BOOK CLUB

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: xreccomendedreading.jpg (559KB, 900x1176px) Image search: [Google]
xreccomendedreading.jpg
559KB, 900x1176px
Anyone got anymore of these?? Any ones with a chart of crowley essentials ?
>>
>>17942189
Also could anyone care to redpill me on some of these books and authors???
>>
File: books.jpg (335KB, 1378x1438px) Image search: [Google]
books.jpg
335KB, 1378x1438px
>>17942189
>>
File: books2.png (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
books2.png
1MB, 1000x1000px
>>
File: Lovecraftian books.png (133KB, 584x2552px) Image search: [Google]
Lovecraftian books.png
133KB, 584x2552px
>>
File: magick intheoryand oracticep.png (522KB, 1628x1172px) Image search: [Google]
magick intheoryand oracticep.png
522KB, 1628x1172px
Worth reading?
>>
>>17942439
Christ, I can't stand Bradbury's prose, I've tried SWTWC three times and I can't make me to like it.

I really need to update my Classic Horror game, gonna fix that next book shopping spree.
>>
>>17942529

It's a bit dense, but still a masterwork. Might be easier to start with, Magick Without Tears.
>>
>>17942189
>Franz Bardon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R1AHTFZCYT5KD0/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=1885928122
>>
OP here, I know there was a second /x/ one full of esoteric and occult books, anyone have it?
>>
>>17943488
Does he bull shit in all his other works as well?
>>
>>17943890

Don't pick on Bardon. It's not easy trying to learn this stuff outside of a living tradition.
>>
>>17943896
I didn't "pick on" him. I asked if his works are filled with bullshit; because according to that review, a lot of the content in "Initiation to Hermetics" isn't accurate. However, I'm not educated in hermeticism, so I couldn't tell you.

What stuff of his is hard to learn??
>>
>>17943920

My understanding is that he doesn't know his subject very well. For me, all of it would be hard to learn, since it wouldn't make any damn sense to someone who does know something of the Hermetic trad.
>>
>>17942189
>crowley essentials
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

In the A.'.A.'. folder, under both "Crowley" for miscellany, including the Yorke Microfilms of the Warburg Collection, and "Libri" which organizes all of AC's materials by "class" or his internal classification for instructions, articles, rites, etc.
>>
Liber Null & Psychonaut

Peter J. Carroll
>>
>>17944363
Hey, ape, what happened to /omg/ other than you getting tired? Was that the only reason or?
>>
>>17944397
There's this little thing called life we have to cope with from time to time.

This isn't my first break and it feels longer for /x / because my last thread was on /his/ iirc.
>>
>>17944411
I get that.
And I know we have had our differences in opinion over the years, but I'm here for you, man.
You need some cash? Can't give you much, 20 euro, but it's all I can share until next month.
>>
>>17944486
My cash flow is fine.
>>
>>17944496
How can I help?
>>
>>17944411

I thought they deleted those threads over there?
>>
>>17944645
Hence why I haven't posted lately.
>>
>>17944696

Just checking. I thought your last post was here.
>>
>>17944710
Nah, did a thread for them on the Sloane MSS. Guess Elias Ashmole isn't historical enough for them.
>>
>>17944719

Well, /x/ has little to do with the paranormal, so why would /his/ be interested in history?
>>
>>17944755
No shit mate.
>>
>>17944755
Really it just fucks with me that the sticky says religion but in practice it's Jeebuz only.
>>
>>17942529

Yeah, I'd recommend it. One of the first books I read by Crowley. Make sure you read all parts of Book 4 though and not just that.

I like his explanation of ceremonial magick the best out of the philosophies I've read.
>>
>>17944380

Also, Condensed Chaos if you're going the chaos magick path.

I want to strongly suggest that if you're going the chaos magick route, that's great but to truly understand it you have to learn what came before it as well.

You don't have to take it seriously and chaos magick recommends experimenting but you need to be able to cook a cake from Betty Crocker before you can make your own recipe.
>>
>>17944851
I disagree. His yoga understanding was limited when he wrote that. Temple theory only really applies to AA. Theory and practice is great. Last bit is mostly fabrication except for the actual rites.
>>
File: c02.jpg (739KB, 3844x1824px) Image search: [Google]
c02.jpg
739KB, 3844x1824px
>>
>>17944869

That's a good point on yoga understanding but I feel that meditation is something deeply personal you have to draw from a variety of sources that resonate with you anyway and had already learned by the time I read him.

I thought the stuff on the altar was pretty good and applies more than AA.Drawn from Golden Dawn which is pretty much modern Hermetics and applies to a lot of modern day pagans that use ceremonial magick. Maybe some dispute on fire/air connotations but that's it.

I feel with everything you read there's a ton of bloat to throw away and a bit of wisdom.
>>
>>17944871

I'm reading Thee Psychick Bible now, it's interesting but very cult-ish with it's focus on sex magick.

Disinfo's Book of Lies collect most of the good parts of it with essays from various other people.
>>
Foucault pendulum is dog rite, I'm sorry god tier. Conspiracy theories, myth making, and a great section relating magical numbers to the body. A lifelong favorite
>>
>>17944801

I gave up looking for consistency on 4chan. The only constant is OP is a faggot.

>>17944851
>Make sure you read all parts of Book 4 though and not just that.

Nope, not at all.

The first two parts of Book 4 are of limited use and, in some instances, just wrong. The fourth is complete fantasy. The only part seriously worth your time is part 3, Magick in Theory and Practice.

>>17944869

Word.

>>17944978
>That's a good point on yoga understanding but I feel that meditation is something deeply personal you have to draw from a variety of sources that resonate with you anyway and had already learned by the time I read him.

I tend to disagree in general.

>>17946498

I hated it, when I first read it, but tend to agree with him a bit more, these days.
>>
This is a really solid list. Since you included some Golden Dawn stuff an addition to consider would be The Book of the Law which is the Thelemic Bible. Golden Dawn and Thelema are obviously separate things, but they're semi related and you seem to be primarily interested in religious/spiritual texts so I figured I'd throw that in as a recommendation.
>>
File: bird box.jpg (44KB, 331x499px) Image search: [Google]
bird box.jpg
44KB, 331x499px
Mean I was just going to start a book thread, glad I checked the catalog.
I need a new book. Just finished reading bird box and quite liked it. Looking for horror or end of world/dystopia.
Read pretty much all Stephen King.
>>
>>17942189

Eco's Foucault's Pendulum is prolly one of the more difficult books to process thru but it was a quite a good read
>>
>/x/
>reading

Pick one.
>>
>>17942189
OP here bumping, I know there was one just like this, but the list was a little more about spiritualism, although there were a few books on Magick as well. Anyone got it??
>>
File: heresies.png (253KB, 448x673px) Image search: [Google]
heresies.png
253KB, 448x673px
>>17942189
anyone ever see this book ?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.