[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I into the occult/paranormal? Shit has always interested

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 11

File: strangesymbols.jpg (21KB, 236x314px) Image search: [Google]
strangesymbols.jpg
21KB, 236x314px
How do I into the occult/paranormal? Shit has always interested me but I have never really pursued it on an academic level.

I noticed a lot of books in the sticky, but I'm not sure which are newbie-friendly.
>>
>>17940311
Forums are a pretty good start. But it's a hard find since most of them can be misleading.

Start with meditation, OOBE, energy manipulation, simple rituals - stuff like that.
>>
File: Magic.jpg (27KB, 460x600px) Image search: [Google]
Magic.jpg
27KB, 460x600px
>>17940311

Meditation , lots of meditation.
>>
File: 1468895652590.jpg (60KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1468895652590.jpg
60KB, 600x600px
>>17940311
Smoke le weed
>>
Does anyone know the significance of the number 618 in gematria and willing to share the knowledge?
>>
File: 1449189856772.png (929KB, 1404x2133px) Image search: [Google]
1449189856772.png
929KB, 1404x2133px
>>17940311
When I got interested in occult, I had to find all the links and books myself. Now I don't want to lead more cancer in the deeper levels of spooky side of the internet. So I won't give you a spefic place, but their is a better place then 4chan to find link.
>4chan is pretty shit.
>>
>>17940541
Those books are cringe, not fringe
>>
File: chatrttt.jpg (91KB, 643x557px) Image search: [Google]
chatrttt.jpg
91KB, 643x557px
>>17940448
>I am noting

What, like writing everything down??
>>
>>17940592
Obviously
>>
>>17940541
why isn't Libre Null in that list of books? I'm pretty new to occult stuff and that was the first one recommended to me.
>>
File: paths.jpg (118KB, 466x1168px) Image search: [Google]
paths.jpg
118KB, 466x1168px
>>17940448
>>17940592
>>
Aleister Crowley
>>
>>17940541
That list is fucking pleb tier.

2/10, made me reply.
>>
>>17940622
Yeah, Magick without tears is a good starting point.
>>
File: vegans.png (30KB, 460x219px) Image search: [Google]
vegans.png
30KB, 460x219px
>>
>>17940634
>btw
Lost it.
>>
>>17940592
I only write once for a treat and I liked
Fuck you faggot I got the best of both worlds
The ego boost of the tripfaging in a Malaysian pig farming board
And the obscurity to avoid being public spoted ,
The ego is bad only if you let him run wild whitaud control.
And this seems to be his subtlest form , tripfaggotry seems to be harmless enough.
>>
>>17940718
Do you really know what is a tripfag? Read the faq, newfag.
>>
File: elements.gif (3KB, 237x123px) Image search: [Google]
elements.gif
3KB, 237x123px
>>17940311
Type "First Knowledge Lecture" into your search engine.
Start memorizing and meditating.

>pic related
>>
Just meditate. Everything else is just there to manipulate u
>>
>>17940541

Holy fuck, is that picture really what 4chan recommends? I really hope it's your recommendations and not the boards.

For fuck's sake, even Leddit's occult subreddit recommendations were better last I checked and includes less new age fuckery and more controversial stuff if you choose to follow that path..
>>
>>17940611

A lot of people hate chaos magick because they don't actually understand it and a majority of it's followers are lazy fucks who also don't understand it.
>>
>>17943214

First knowledge is pretty fucking basic. It's basically the elementary school of the occult.

You're bond to learn about it in more depth from reading any fucking thing.Crowley and even the famous Chaos Magick books will explain it to you and more in depth than lecture one.

I feel like people only recommend knowledge lecture one to call OP an autistic newfag when it comes up.

Read Magick Liber Aba Book 4 by Crowley, Liber Null & Psychonaut or Condensed Chaos, Modern Magick if you really insist on having a beginner's book that spells everything out for you but I would suggest against it, Initiation into the Hermetics by Bardon.

You'll get a lot of western information following Thelema, Hermetics, and Paganism. Someone else would have to recommend better pagan basic books though cause I can ever only find the rituals.

Once you finish those, study the Kaballah.
>>
>>17940551

i mean, Franz Bardon is on there so it's not all shit. Probably one of the purest/earliest forms of Hermetics you can find if you don't want to go with Golden Dawn's material or Crowley's updating of them.

But yeah, the rest of it is total cringe.
>>
Definitely check out the Bhagavad Gita as well as Srimad Bhagavatam if you are interested in Vedic spirituality.
>>
File: zodiac.gif (14KB, 408x347px) Image search: [Google]
zodiac.gif
14KB, 408x347px
>>17944808
>First knowledge is pretty fucking basic.
Yep. However consider that the First Knowledge Lecture requires learning:
1. a new alphabet (Hebrew) and its attributes
2. 10 words in Hebrew.
3. The Astrological, Planetary and Elemental symbols and their attributes
4. The Lesser Pentagram rituals.
5. Basic meditation

It requires effort to be memorized and absorbed as part of oneself.
Let's move on to the Second Knowledge Lecture.
1. You must draw from memory the Qabalistic Tree of Life IN HEBREW
2. You must know the Planetary, Astrological and Divine names IN HEBREW
3. and more

>It's basically the elementary school of the occult
It's meant to be

>I feel like people only recommend knowledge lecture one to call OP an autistic newfag when it comes up.
Nope.
Too many people bypass this "Elementary School" and expect to understand "College Level" texts front the very beginning.

Peace be with you
>>
File: 1436741454143.png (64KB, 180x236px) Image search: [Google]
1436741454143.png
64KB, 180x236px
>>17944822
>i mean, Franz Bardon is on there so it's not all shit.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R1AHTFZCYT5KD0/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=1885928122
>>
>>17940592
This has inspired me to start taking drugs
>>
>>17945176
>http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R1AHTFZCYT5KD0/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=1885928122

>recommends christian hermetics instead

>complains about "physical, mental, and psychic exercises that are just rudimentary focusing exercises" in a book introducing foundations of hermetics when ever occult book rooted in hermeticism starts out with that
> The stage magician James Randi has, for years, offered a million dollars to anyone who can demonstrate any true psychic ability under laboratory conditions. So far no one has been able to collect. But if what Bardon says is true, you'll be able to pocket a cool million and transform Randi from a skeptic into a true believer.

Yeah, that review seems pretty biased and uneducated and would complain about basically every occult book. Occultism is definitely not science but many people refer it to it as a science particularly if they were trained in hermeticism.

There are some valid complaints in there like the trivia about the tarot but every occult book has a ton of bullshit in it and complaining about claims of walking on water . However, you could also criticize a bunch of Crowley's claims.

I'd hope you'd have a good bullshit meter to avoid the obvious bullshit while reading occult material to unless you want to get sucked into a cult that's gonna exploit you like Crowley did to his followers.

It's not the best, no. It's best to go as close to the source as you can but it's not 100 percent terrible and better than most stuff in that picture.
>>
File: tumblr_mcmjnchpnK1rql4qwo1_1280.jpg (2MB, 956x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mcmjnchpnK1rql4qwo1_1280.jpg
2MB, 956x1280px
>>17945172

>needs to learn a few symbols for planets we've talked about our whole fucking life and 2 extra ones

>only 10 words in a different language

>You can learn meditation from literally any introductory text to magick. Even the much derided chaos magick has chapters dedicated to it in it's texts.

>every introductory to occult book stresses banishment rituals as well

>outside of Hermiticism, a lot of knowledge of Kaballah comes from many sources alien to Hebrew.

Look, I know the green text comes off as rude and I'm sorry for that. I'm actually in agreement with you to an extent and appreciate what you're saying.

People shouldn't bypass the elementary school level, you're right and I agree. It's very frustrating when they do and complain about lack of results.

If you take the path of Hermeticism, you absolutely need to start with Knowledge Lecture 101 and it is a great resource.

However, all I'm saying is if you choose any path that's not black magick, you'll come across all these concepts fairly quickly anyway.

Even Chaos Magick which is often laughed at has whole chapters on meditation and at least a chapter on sigils. Most good introductory texts cover stuff like this at least in part. If you choose say 3 different introductory texts and read them, you'll get most of the information with more history and detail then you'd get from knowledge lecture one and learn a few different philosophical approaches to the occult as well.

You definitely have to learn the basics of occult, by calling it elementary school level, I meant to describe the way it teaches. It makes for an amazing cheat sheet and to learn Hebrew you should probably go there but I feel like other introductory texts that cover the basics are better at engaging you intellectually at an adult level while still teaching elementary school concepts.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.