[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Afterlife Debate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: 1467532968293.jpg (108KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1467532968293.jpg
108KB, 601x601px
Well /x/. It's that time. How can we prove/debunk the afterlife question. No of that generic
>Muh religions
>Muh DMT documentary
>Muh sick LSD trip
>I heard someone say....

I mean a reason. If you believe an afterlife or even know that there is one, tell me why.
>>
>Incoming rpers claiming they're aliens or gods or some shit

Good job op, you just opened the floodgates
>>
>>17939321
The no-bullshit explanation involves dissolving the primitive and unevolved primordial notion of identity and realizing that going to sleep is the same exact shit.
>>
Its most likely some kind of big bang big crunch oroboros type thing
Youve made this thread an infinite ammount of times and will make it an infinite times morw
>>
File: 1466376450001.jpg (145KB, 670x424px) Image search: [Google]
1466376450001.jpg
145KB, 670x424px
My personal explanation is the timeless recording of human nature seems to live with a compliance to Samsara. It seems that when an individual is in communion with the thought of death, a humbling selflessness appears as though he has clear understanding of positive/negative merit to quell his fear. It's a common religious motif across the world throughout time and it always had made sense to people with their abundant ways of creating societies. Maybe it is us who has gone one step too many in moving away from our roots and forgot it was real. To me, it just seems to complete the way I understand that people desire things as they do.
>Some people desire things more than life itself. (I.E. Harmful drugs etc.)
>>
>>17939321
Oh yea, I'm sure we'll get right to the bottom of this and it won't desolve into the 800th Christfag v Fedoratipper autism fest this year.
>>
File: 1467994388427.png (803KB, 1100x700px)
1467994388427.png
803KB, 1100x700px
>>17939339
Religious people believing fairy tells is lewd to watch
>>
>>17939321
There is reincarnation, afterlife exists in the instance you die, your mind will experience a seemingly eternal moment in which your mental state determines weather you experience euforia or 'hell' and as for reincarnation it is the process of the energy that forms you consciousness passes into the environment around you, though there are formless entities which can direct this as they see fit
>>
imagine dying and getting into somekind of eternal lucid dreaming state, changing shit to whatever u want
>>
File: 1467944136015.jpg (98KB, 745x504px) Image search: [Google]
1467944136015.jpg
98KB, 745x504px
>>17939352
Well that sounds more like a guess. The How/or why is the heart of the discussion. What makes you believe this?
>>
>>17939359
Willy nealsons the highwayman
>>
>>17939359
Maybe I have a hand in the process of death. But hey this is the internet could be a guess could be pole playing. Its your life believe what you see fit to. Doesn't change what happenes
>>
>>17939375
And the rp begins
>>
>>17939321
I don't like to say I believe in anything, so I have to be open to these possibilities:

I've experienced some things that might lead me to believe that when you die your ego evaporates and you really do disappear. You become like a water droplet going back into a river and once you're the river again you completely forget your life, who "you" are or were, you are now a river. This is what some people consider an afterlife but more specifically it "you" being lost forever, you cease to exist. You might still exist as a river, but "you" are gone forever. "You" may as well have never existed.

This would be why religions like Christianity and Buddhism encourage not becoming too attached to this world, because they seem to know or suppose this. You are going to become the river when you die and completely forget yourself, so you may as well start thinking and acting for the river now and accept that everything is for the river, not the droplet. Your ego is an illusion created by a physical brain which is part reptilian and monkey. It's a joke and it will be over when you die.

This isn't as bad as becoming void, which is also a possibility.

Then there's the idea that when you die you actually resume living in another dimension immediately. With the right training and mindset you can hold onto your ego and direct yourself in that afterlife, this is something the ancient Egyptians and many other societies believed, the Tibetan Book of the Dead describes this process. If you are unprepared, your ego and soul can wash away as described above.

This is a "true" afterlife.

Near Death Experiences have been documented where people die on operating tables (heart and brain activity stops), observe things that are said and done in the operating room and describe them perfectly when they come back. This shouldn't be possible, they can't hallucinate it, the only explanation is that consciousness really survives the body as spirit.
>>
>>17939436
As I said believe what you want
>>
File: waking-life.png (887KB, 1366x736px) Image search: [Google]
waking-life.png
887KB, 1366x736px
>>17939357
That was the plot to Waking Life, which presents itself as a Lucid Dream but is really the afterlife of the main character. He witnesses countless people and places having amazing conversations and even interacts with them with his dream body sometimes, but in the end you're left to wonder whether any of those people really existed or if it was all just himself dreaming - (the longest possible dream, death, the afterlife).

This is meant to make us consider that everyone in our waking life is also just ourselves , and our waking life is just another kind of dream (this is the belief of certain eastern mystic religions and philosophies). We are never alone because we are infinitely surrounded with ourself in the form of other people. At the same time those other people are ourself, which technically means we really are alone. It's a paradox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX10vQEa56E
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.