[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, I am legit fucking spooked right now. I don't usually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

Okay, I am legit fucking spooked right now.
I don't usually come on /x/, but I figured what just happened to me would interest you guys, and maybe I could get some answers.
>This afternoon
>Be 19 years old.
>Living at home until I find a good place to go (not a NEET)
>My room is on the third floor, while my mancave is in the basement.
I live in Rural NY btw. Hudson Valley.
>Come up for air after an bit of GTA, see that my mom is gone, car is not in driveway.
>Make myself a sammich and start going upstairs.
>Reach third floor, so that I can see into my room from the top step.
>Realize it's my mom, decided she just came upstairs to clean or something.
>Say hi, it doesn't respond.
>Go in front of my room, something is seriously fucking off.
>She looks just like my mom, but was standing perfectly still. I wasn't sure it was even actually breathing
>Just silently standing there, not moving. Its eyes had a slightly startled expression to them, and its mouth was slightly agape.
>It just fucking stared at me.
>Stood there for 10 seconds as my heart felt like it didn't beat at all, I could tell something was really wrong.
>Ran the fuck down the 2 flights of stairs, falling down one but not even giving a fuck.
>Manage to get outside and call friend, who laughed me off but eventually came over.
>He goes upstairs and says he didn't see anything, leaves shortly after.
>Half an hour later, my mother's car pulls into the driveway.
Spending tonight on the couch tonight, really don't want to go back upstairs.
Does /x/ have any idea what happened/ what that was?
>>
Also, please no RP shit. This is real.
>>
Holy fuck like is this the first time you have seen stuff like this happen in your house or have you seen other things not as like creep?
>>
Running was perhaps the worst thing you could have done. Showing fear empowers negative entities. Better hope its benevolent.
>>
If you are not roleplaying (Please don't be roleplaying), You seem to have stumbled upon a doppelganger. I first heard about this phenomenon on Coast to Coast AM, I don't remember the episode but it was very informative. (if anyone knows what I'm talking about, please post it)

Anyway, no one is quite sure what this is. Whether it's a glance at another dimension in which your mother was actually there, a spirit masquerading as your mother for... Purposes, or something else.

This has happened to other people.
>>
File: die4gang.jpg (9KB, 250x246px) Image search: [Google]
die4gang.jpg
9KB, 250x246px
>>17932203
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doppelg%C3%A4nger
>>
Hopefully that helps OP, do some research on it. It's normally something that doesn't repeat itself, it's a one time show kind of deal
>>
>>17932208
Genuine kek
>>
Fleshgait?
>>
File: goofy3.jpg (239KB, 1280x703px) Image search: [Google]
goofy3.jpg
239KB, 1280x703px
>>
>>17932208
Fucking lol
>>
>>17932208
Hearty kek
>>
>>17932206
So am I safe? What can I do to be sure?
>>
>>17932520
Kill it if you see it again, otherwise it won't hurt you or anything pussy lol.
>>
>>17932520
Doppelgangers are an omen of imminent death.
>>
>>17932169
Better engage in some doppleganger wincest if you see it again
>>
>>17932169
>saw the pic of gooby and had to click
>tried to read your post
>can't see past the fucking pic
>sweet Jesus, what have I done!
>>
>>17932169
That's pretty terrifying, OP. I can't help but say that you should definitely try to have sex with it. Imagine having babies with it. Create a race of doppelgangers, which may or may not have wings!
>honestly, why are you even reading this
>GO DO IT
>>
>>17932169
This story is gonna keep me up at night
>>
search the Vardoger
>>
It's the institute

The synth was malfunctioning
>>
>>17932520
Hey sorry, was working. Yeah you're safe. Even if it did show up again, it isn't out to get you.

They are messengers, delivering omens in strange ways. Normally of bad things to come. Why did it take the form of your mother, I have no idea.

The likelihood of you seeing it again is so low based on past experiences that other people have had so I wouldn't count on it. It is not a physical being so do not try to attack it if you happen to see it, and don't try to ward from it magickally There is no point.

It's just an omen of things to come, it is not there to hurt you in that moment and it will NOT hurt you in the future. It just knows of things that will happen and is warning you, in a very peculiar way.

(Also I should mention that they are usually warnings of death, so keep that in mind.)
>>
>>17933019
"Stay calm anon everything is fine your mom is about to die tho but its all good"
>>
>>17932169

>ITT: things tht never happened
>>
>>17932206

A doppelganger is when you see someone who looks exacly like somone you know
they dont appear in your house¨
>>
>>17932169
sounds like a glitch in the matrix anon.
>>
>>17933030
I mean, that's probably the warning. Just kinda thought he would get it
>>
>>17933019
>>17933030
>>17933056

Fuck off roleplaying faggots
>>
>>17933057
>paranormal experience is rp

This is why /x/ is bad
>>
>>17932169
Did it smell like anything?
Did it try to say something?
>>
>>17933057
>this is u
>>
>>17932169

most likely an issue with your own personal perception ... a hallucination. is it possible you were dozing off(keep in mind that some people will not even realize that they're in an altered state to begin with)? or have you been lacking in sleep lately(get insomniac enough and your brain will decide you're dreaming despite feeling/seemingly being awake; brainwaves will actually even fluctuate according to your REM cycle)?

otherwise perhaps mom forgot something, came home to grab it and she herself was acting a bit zonked out....? anxiety can slow down time, perhaps it was not a full 10 seconds but much less... as for what caused the anxiety in the first place, who knows, brains are strange... a lot of people especially on here don't seem to recognize symptoms of panic when they experience them, for instance all the stories where "everything suddenly (gets) quiet and still" ... I know it seems to be something physical happening but it's not(took me almost 3 years to finally realize that all these very physical symptoms I was having were actually stemming from anxiety and panic... I constantly denied dr's diagnosis', told them they were wrong, got countless 2nd 3rd 4th 5th etc opinions ... all symptoms left when I started treating it as anxiety/panic... kind of off topic but for real, people don't realize the full capabilities of our minds and how little we actually know about how deeply it effects the world around us).

one more thing: I'm not saying your schitzo and anyone in this thread who tries to tell you otherwise is a complete and utter moron(I'm sure there will be at least a couple, lol)... hallucinations =/= schitzo.
>>
>>17933382

oh, one more thing I should've added: just because I'm basically saying that it's only in your head doesn't mean I'm being dismissive ... it's our minds that make things appear "real" to us so of course it was real to you, it was not imagined(in the traditional sense that we think of it), it does/did happen in *your* own reality so it is "real" despite probably not existing in the reality of others' ... kinda hard to explain. lol. basically, we each have our own reality and yes, for whatever reason, sometimes it "glitches" and weird shit happens. heheh
>>
>>17933064

paranormal experiences are extremely uncommon. the kid asked for advice and information: all aspects should be covered, including non-paranormal explanations... when we can separate the chaff, it gives more credibility and a better understanding of the actual, genuinely paranormal encounters AND it helps OP, as he'd requested. =)

contribute instead of complaining about complainers and we'd have less bitching and more x'/ing =)
>>
Next time you see it punch it in the dick
>>
>>17933413
kek
>>
>>17933402
Well to be fair, he came to the paranormal board to ask people who are into the paranormal about his potentially paranormal experience. He's looking for a paranormal explanation. If this was some sort of medical board, yeah then I'd tell him he's hallucinating based on maybe something that is a part of his life, maybe drugs, maybe a mental illness, who knows! It's not something I'd ask since this is the paranormal board. I understand your reasoning but OP is not specifically looking for the information you are giving him, he would of went somewhere else.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.