[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the scariest thought you can come up with, /x/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 24

File: nuke-explosion.jpg (126KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nuke-explosion.jpg
126KB, 1920x1080px
What's the scariest thought you can come up with, /x/?

To me, it's global thermonuclear war. Nothing paranormal or other-worldly, but something completely natural.

Think about it:

>Half of world's population killed by the initial blasts
>Another quarter dies in horrible agony from radiation poisoning over the course of weeks or even months
>Remaining quarter has to deal with nuclear winter
>Even years after zero hour people freeze and starve to death
>Maybe about 5 percent of world population ultimately survive
>Complete destruction everywhere
>People are thrown back into the middle ages
>No central government, bandits and raiders everywhere
>Every day is a true fight for survival, all while constantly feeling sick from radiation, aging twice as fast and dying in your thirties
>Most pregnancies result in stillborns or horribly misfigured mutants
>The few healthy children that live to see their 10th birthday are emotionally stunted and illiterate
>All of this shit mentioned above has a realistic chance of happening
>It can happen at any given moment
>If it happens, you have like 20 minutes tops to "prepare" for it
>>
Read both Metro 2033 and Metro 2034.

They treat the nuclear apolapyse pretty damn realistically when it comes to the sense of loss and regret humanity experiences now that it is confined in the Metro stations for the rest of its days. It does include some more science fiction aspects such as mutants by radiation and such, but they can be pretty damn scary too.
>>
What would you do if you heard that a nuke is heading your way, as well as everywhere else?

I would stay put, waiting for it to hit me hoping it´s quick and painless enough
>>
File: nuke tests.webm (3MB, 747x420px) Image search: [Google]
nuke tests.webm
3MB, 747x420px
I wonder if there is a realistic model or projection of what would really happen if all the nuclear arsenal was detonated. Movies really exagerate the effects for dramatic purposes.
>>
I'm scared of the idea of a break-in. I don´t know, the idea of someone roaming my house at night trying to find me and kill me or do God knows what really fucking scares me.
>>
>>No central government, bandits and raiders everywhere

Don't really believe that. Even if the whole country were plastered with nukes, people won't immediately fall back into being savages. The old government will reestablish themselves pretty soon. Sure, in the first couple of years it'll be pretty much powerless and restrict itself to motivating radio speeches or whatever. But after 10 or so years, there will definitely be some form of government again. Fascist? Maybe. Reintroduction of the death penalty? Surely. But there will be one.
>>
>>17927471
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrHoMSRZOS4

watch this film
>>
>>17927481
>Movies really exagerate the effects for dramatic purposes.

I disagree. Most of the time they downplay the effects. In movies, everything that goes BOOM is good. So they might exaggerate the initial explosions, that's true. But when it comes to the aftermath (which is the real killer of nukes), they often don't consider any radiation at all or downplay it as being a little bit of hair-loss or something.

It's pretty understandable why they do that, though. Nobody wants to watch a post-apocalyptic movie with a protagonist who's constantly vomiting and who doesn't look like Jason Statham but more like Gollum.

But
>>
>>17927513
Already watched that film. Ain't gonna do it again, ever. This shit gave me nightmares for weeks on end when I saw it as a teen.
>>
File: tacticalweaponry.jpg (42KB, 520x261px) Image search: [Google]
tacticalweaponry.jpg
42KB, 520x261px
>>
Being locked in a small box far underground, still conscious, don't need to eat, breath, use the bathroom, can't sleep.... you're just there, locked in the pitch black with no room to stretch....

I get chills at night thinking about this.
>>
File: chernobyl-exclusion-zone.jpg (188KB, 1180x677px) Image search: [Google]
chernobyl-exclusion-zone.jpg
188KB, 1180x677px
>>17927522
In most movies they show the earth like some kind of wasteland and mankind back to the XIX Century with science and technology forgotten. The worst scenario is havin large Chernobyl style areas with lots of fauna thanks to no humans living there. That after some years of crappy weather depending on location. But there's not enough nuke power for apocalyptic stuff only a big ass meteorite or some Siberian + Deccan Traps happening again can do that.
>>
Scariest thing?

Read The Horror-Horn by EF Benson,maximum nope when camping,foraging or doing outdoorsy stuff
>>
>>17927571
"I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream" by Harlan Ellison.

He adds torture and immortality into the mix.
>>
>>17927573
There is. Nuclear winter will also affect areas where no warheads have been dropped, say, Mongolia or whatever.

You're right about the wasteland stuff though. After 100 years, there will be lush forests and wildlife again. Although the 10 - 20 years of nuclear winter will probably have made many species to go extinct.

Mankind being back in the middle ages is a good guess as well. Niggers in africa ARE in the middle ages already, and western civilization will not be around anymore.

Also, XIX means 19, you do know that, right?
>>
The worst part is that there still will be pockets of people with all the tech and weapons of today. Imagine fighting to survive in a post mushroom cloud world, finally having a little farm that is supporting you and your family and then all the cunts who were hiding in their underground bases come out and kill you because they can
>>
>>17927613
Just forgot that you don't use roman numerals for centuries in english
>>
File: 1459657431036.jpg (496KB, 1280x1046px) Image search: [Google]
1459657431036.jpg
496KB, 1280x1046px
>>17927471
i know exsactly what to do , in order to survive
and were to run to and and were to hide.
i will never give up
not even nibiru scares me
chemtrails are real.jpeg
nukes are not real.
aliens control them.jpeg
nibiru is real.jpeg, because chemtrail.jpeg
14 degres in mid juli,jpeg, something is wrong,jpeg,
we wont live to see year 2029.jpeg
i'm not scared not even scared of death.
or a nuke
>>
Electro magnetic wave from deep space hits earth and fucks with our synaptic functions making everyone experience some Alzheimer's type shit
>>
File: 89197878912673e46.jpg (21KB, 640x320px) Image search: [Google]
89197878912673e46.jpg
21KB, 640x320px
>>17927489
>>
>>17927471
For me its the idea that the complexity of emotion that people are able to experience is much more nuanced and complex than we are capable of communicating orempathizing with, meaning everyone is always on some level emotionally alone
>>
>>17929344
it's good that you're concerned about this, continue to think about it even if it makes you uncomfortable.

i grew up on a large farm out in the middle of nowhere and only had myself and the rest of my family (mom dad and two siblings) to talk to most of the time. something i had to come to grips with very early on was the fact that i was alone, was most likely going to always be alone, and that 99.95% of people i'll probably never meet or come into any sophisticated contact with.

the idea is very depressing, but when you weave that into your being you'll be capable of doing all new things. you won't need friends to fall back on, you won't care much about the status quo, and you'll do things that actually matter to you.

it hurts for a while but it gets better, and 20 years from the moment you come to terms with it you'll be thanking whatever gods may be for the realization.
>>
>>17927522

Have you seen Threads?
>>
>>17927489
you live in a place with no death penalty? Is it one of those places that brown people can rape children and get 40 hours of community service?

also to stay on topic, nuclear war has got to be one of the un scariest things ive ever heard of. First of all, you will never see it happen, secondly, the effects of nuclear bombs IS overdone in media. They act like nuclear bombs vaporize entire cities and leave nothing but radioactive slag and radioactive storms ravage everything around it for hundreds of years. Do you have any idea how many nuclear bombs have been detonated???? In oceans, deserts, skys, mountains...and not tiny ones, huge ones. and we are just fine, there were no radioactive fallout clouds raining down on everyone, in fact you can see the test sites in the middle of the Nevada desert and get kinda close to the craters. Youll be fine.

Of course the weapons are very powerful, but I always hated how everyone mocks the 'duck and cover' videos of the 50s and 60s....that could very well save your life. And what else should they say? 'kiss you ass goodbye, because 1 a-bomb basiclly will kill all of us'
>>
>>17927471
Gamma-ray burst from a forming neutron star. Literally travels at light speed and if it hits Earth we all disintegrate in miliseconds.
>>
>>17927471
>thermonuclear war
>completely natural
>>
You guys do realize a nukes blast radius is 8 miles and fallout is less than 20 right?
>>
Everything ending all at once with no warning or reason.

False vacuum collapses and we're in it.
https://cosmosmagazine.com/physics/vacuum-decay-ultimate-catastrophe
>>
>>17927471
I had this nightmare once where demons started killing people by grabbing them by the necks and headbutting them to death. Death by headbutts, bro.

Just imagine getting headbutted...TO DEATH.

You are screaming and this demon's hard ass skull is just pummeling you to death. Headbutting you in the face until all your teeth break and not stopping until your brain is smashed to oblivion.

And then the demons move on to it's next victim...
>>
>>17929532
Actually this wouldn't happen, our atmosphere is good at keeping this shit out, at ground level there would only be a small increase in uv levels.
>>
>>17927471
Losing her.
>>
File: Iosefka.jpg (42KB, 483x651px) Image search: [Google]
Iosefka.jpg
42KB, 483x651px
>>17927471
Eldritch horrors actually existing. I mean FUCK.
>>
>>17927471
earth is hell and we are put here in several lives to experience 7 layers of hell, starting with the ice age/dawn of man and right now this is the age of greed
>>
>>17928116
What the fuck are you on about
>>
>>17927471

The Jews finally succeeding in enslaving the Aryans. I can't imagine anything more abominable and ugly.
>>
>>17931389
i dunno, i could do some pretty cool things with cthulhu
>>
the scariest thought i can come up is the amount of fucked up people in the world like at this moment someone cold be locked in someone's house sufering horrible things
>>
>>17929361
I dunno, I've always thought that just accepting it and learning to live with the loneliness is kinda defeatist. I personally believe that the main drive behind most forms of artistic expression is the desire to transcend that barrier through finding more nuanced forms of emotional communication.
Also I've recently started to think that when people talk about someone having an "aura," what their referring to is actually that person's sort of general emotional milieu, partially communicated through small actions, intricacies of facial expressions, etc, but not communicated to the point that you can fully grasp it enough to coherently describe. Kind of like if you were to see the silhouette of something through a sheet, you can tell the shape of it but you don't know the details.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (11KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
11KB, 267x200px
The modern deterioration of slang.
Language is evolving to sound short, to the point, and 'tarded.
>>
>>17932101
language is always evolving b, imo dis shit reeks of misplaced pretentiousness and self-righteousness almost as much as old doods complaining about kids being on their phone too much dunny
>>
The scariest thought I can come up with is definitely being immortal. Take a second to think about living forever. Everything will die around you. I don't just mean all your friends and family, that sucks and all but its not the shitty part. As the sun continues it's life cycle, it keeps expanding. Scientists predict that near the end of its red giant phase it'll engulf the earth. What then? You'll just be alone floating in constant agony. That's not the worst part either. The sun has to burn out eventually, and so does every other star. Imagine an eternity floating in endless darkness with no stimulation of any kind after the inevitable heat death of the universe. Your best hope would be that there would be another big bang, and you would be able to somehow miraculously find another world. What if there's life on that world? What would they think of your frightening otherworldly body plummeting into their backyard. You'd probably look like some kind of horrid eldritch monstrosity by then, and if there's any life advanced enough to be remotely intellectually stimulating to interact with they'd be fucking horrified by you and lock you up to experiment on for the rest of the life of their civilization.
>>
>>17927471
Right on the no central government part, because pettiness and divisiveness that drove humans apart for most of history would come right back after globalization and the like breaks down

Although I don't think so on the bandits and raiders part, I think groups of people will factionalize, revert back to tribalism, some groups sometimes absorbing others and then splintering again

I think so because the lack of humans would make individuals more valuable, why burn someone's trailer down and kill them when you can "annex" him and put his work towards your groups?

I think tithe taxation of crops and raising levies would return, or maybe just an aristocratic class does the fighting since they're the only one's who can afford the equipment, like ancient Greeks and Romans
>>
You people are fucking pathetic.

Think beyond the death.

Human fear can be simplified to one factor: The unknown. You don't know what death beholds; no one does. This is a simple and true fact of life.

So imagine this...
Your death doesn't come and pearly, nor hellish gates await your descent into the unknown...

No. A blackness. An everlasting blackness of oblivion. There are no thoughts, there is no pain, there is fucking

nothing.

What brain will you process these fears of the unknown with? What feels will you feel when there are no feels left to feel?

That is death.

Deatth is fucking horrifying, but at the same time, it seems so.... Enlightening.
>>
>>17932303
I (didn't) feel that for a very long time before i was born and i never had a problem with that

-butchered mark twain
>>
>>17932340

I call it an honor you would associate my thoughts of those of Mark Twain.
>>
>>17927481
You ever wonder if they place a live specimen in one of those houses to study the effects? Would be some crazy stuff.
>>
>>17932380
Nonono man i mean mark twain has a quote that goes exactly against your thoughts, let me look it up

I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.
>>
I'm not sure why some of you seem to think that a nuclear bomb is no big deal. Besides from the obvious harm to the environment, the deaths that these people receive is equivalent to torture. Nuclear arms of any kind are deplorable.

t. concerned citizen
>>
File: 18yk9bl2fkzayjpg.jpg (13KB, 350x270px) Image search: [Google]
18yk9bl2fkzayjpg.jpg
13KB, 350x270px
Scariest thought I came up with came to me in a dream I had. Really creepy dream. I still get little flashbacks about it. Might even consider trying my hand in writing a book based around it...

>the last civilization
>a type 3 civilization
>watching the last star
>in the observable universe
>die
>floating aimlessly
>in the void
>with only the ghost of the last star
>>
>>17927481
Brutal
>>
>>17927471
>thermonuclear war
>natural
>>
>>17927471
Waking up in an enclosed vat with a breathing aparatis and a dim torch deep underground on a foreign planet in a galaxy 13 billion light years away. The thought of being so incomprehensibly far from home with no way of getting back.
>>
>>17927471
I'm happy that nations have nukes. Because it's such a terrible weapon, everybody is afraid of really using it, which forces them to seek alternate ways to deal with their problems.

Basically, nobody will use nukes unless they are attacked with nukes.
>>
>>17933508
To add, there's only one worse weapon, and that is time travel. Why are there no time travelers now? Because, if such a technology is to exist in the future, it will be treated even more secretly than nukes. No way a commoner will be able to even get close to a time machine.
Then, there's still discussion of what really time, as we call it, is. IS there one universe? Or maybe a multiverse, like Everett hypothesized.
>>
>>17927480
Same. Unless I had means to flee the area quickly enough.
>>
>>17927481
Beautiful. That blinding light and the sheer power of an explosion. Too bad we couldn't get a video of what happened on the ground when Tsar Bomba was detonated - we just know that, for an example, some of the islands evaporated. Fucking rock just turned into gas upon the incredible temperature, pressure and radiation.
>>
>>17928136
Jesus fuck is this a real thing
>>
>>17931264
A burst close enough would strip Earth of its atmosphere. We'd have a doomsday scenario far worse than >>17929532 thought of.
>>
>>17932415
Yep, I do not fear death, I fear the pain associated with it. I fear shit like cancer, you know. Things that have you dying slowly, reliant on others to keep you alive. There should be an universal right to euthanasia, to allow you to commit sudoku in comfortable conditions.
>>
>>17927513

Should do this to the muslim filth
>>
once had sleep paralysis

seen a shadow person

cannot remember a moment I was more terrified.
>>
Giving in for my sick urges.
>>
>>17933508
Yeah, fear, great way of creating peace. It's working great.
>>
>>17933545
No solution by an imperfect being will be perfect.
It is, however, better than constant wars and torture, like we had through the last thousand of years.
>>
>>17933547
we still have constant wars and torture

The truth is, nukes dont exist, they are a boogeyman and elaborate psychological terrorizing trick the global elites use to scare the masses with into submission and from revolting.

because if such weapons really had existed this would would look like Fallout already
>>
File: 1434320281596.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1434320281596.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
>being chased by a serial killer
>being chased by slenderman
>being scared by a spooky lady in the dark
>man hook hand car door
>>
>>17933552
Kek. Nukes do exist, and the civilian application of that power reflects in nuclear reactors.

The reason why the world doesn't look like Fallout already, is that people at the top, that are responsible for the final push, are far smarter than you.
>>
If a nuclear blast was coming towards me I would pull my pants down and bend over, spreading my ass cheeks as wide as I can.

Imagine feeling the warmth of a bomb penetrate your anus, it must be pure bliss.
>>
>>17933555
>that are responsible for the final push

hehehe you really believe that?

you've a mind of a child.

I mean, do you realize RUSSIANS claim to have nukes?

That alone says these weapons do not exist.

I MEAN FUCKING RUSSIANS

this world would have already been scortched
>>
>>17933555
They built the fucking things not us! Not that smart if you ask me.
>>
>>17933553
90% of /x/ pastas and greentexts
>>
>>17933555
>, is that people at the top, that are responsible for the final push,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Hand_%28nuclear_war%29
>inb4 it's just a myth
The fact that something like it even existed at some point in history is pretty scary.
>>
>>17933558
Wut? Are you from the US? You sound like you never seen Russians. I'm Polish and they behave normally when they come here for a trip, unlike the commie times.
If you knew anything about history of Russia, then you'd know there's nothing strange in them having top level weapons, together with USA.
>>17933560
Yeah, they built the things, which already proves they are smarter than us. What did you invent?
>>17933565
I know about it. Still, it's a last resort-type of a mechanism.
>>
>>17933552
You are one dumb motherfucker
>>
>>17933568
kurwa mać
>>
>>17933568
You know, in all my life I've never managed to invent a means of destroying myself. How dumb am I.
>>
>>17933585
You can say this about every invention. You can kill yourself with a wheel, for an example. Hell, it was used for executions after all. Don't act dumb, developing the nuclear bomb was an enormous amount of work built on years of experiments, that claimed lives. All in the name of technological progress.
>>
>>17933574
no u
>>
>>17933591
A wheel! Of course! I'll see you on the other side.
>>
File: cern666.png (15KB, 858x390px) Image search: [Google]
cern666.png
15KB, 858x390px
CERN blowing a hole in central Europe and opening a portal to hell.
>>
>>17927471
Nothingness forever. Don't tell anyone tho. Thanks.
>>
>>17927683
This sorta makes me feel bad for being such a cunt in Fallout 3
>>
>>17931608
Take it a step further and think of how there could be someone being tortured 30 ft away in your neighbor's basement while we're sitting here being faggots on 4chan
>>
>>17927484
Legit one of the worst I've heard of:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheshire,_Connecticut,_home_invasion_murders

They tied the women to the bed alive & set the house on fire and evidence showed that after the older daughter's restraints burned away she tried to run and only made it to the top of the stairs before she died

The police were outside while this was happening & did I mention both of the men who did it were parolees?

They just spotted the mother & her 12 yr old daughter at the grocery store and followed them home to do this.
>>
>>17932133

I've always thought of immortality like that, the world ends and your just alone with nothing around you cus everything dies eventually but honestly the idea of experiencing a new Big Bang and then living on that world till it ends & repeating that might be kindA cool
>>
>>17932617
I like it, write it!
>>
>>17933556
Imagine if you got vaporized into a shadow on a building like some people in Hiroshima were

You would be forever immortalized as that guy who literally told an atomic bomb to eat his asshole & fucking meant it
>>
Eternal reoccurrence. A concept that the universe and all engery and existence has been reoccurring and will continue to recourse infinitely.
>>
>>17936115
How is that scary? I don't remember the past infinity of recurrences and won't remember the next.
>>
>>17931389
This, honestly. Lovecraftian terror is literally unstoppable, and you likely wouldn't die quickly. Years of pain and madness. I like horrors that I can actually fight.
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 253x199px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 253x199px
cuttlefish
mother fucking cuttlefish
terrifying cuttlefish
>>
File: 1320177833181.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1320177833181.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>17932133
Oh my god, FUCK this, I would love to be immortal
I'd read every book, watch every film, learn every language, while constantly traveling across the entire globe. I'd start collecting things, take up every hobby in existence, became an athlete in every sport... And after centuries of these experiences, I would become an artist and paint, compose music, write plays, produce films, and anything else to express what I've seen and learned. Then I'd do it all over again, and again, and again
>>
>>17932617
As the final star burned out, the consciousness of mankind and multivac became as one.

And God said 'let there be light'

And it was so.

Sorry, Isaac Asimov beat you to it like 100 years ago.
>>
>>17936515
>>17932133

Nah, I'd prepare for the end with a stockpile of pic related.
I would scoot through space by whipped cream propulsion, until I happened upon some other celestial body.

Then, I would explore this, and every other, surface that I could navigate to. It would be pretty sweet.
I think if I also brought with me a solar powered boombox, with enough downloaded music, I would be alright.
>>
File: 13127551.jpg (24KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
13127551.jpg
24KB, 480x480px
>>17936520
>>
>>17936426
It's still a scary concept to think about.
>>
>>17932402
They had that with hiroshima, some people in a bank near the fireball survived and were okayish
>>
File: 1464565935766.jpg (614KB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1464565935766.jpg
614KB, 3008x2000px
>>17927484
I actually had this happen to me, not the killing part but i was young and my mother was out at work, Someone broke in while i was asleep, took shit and didn't wake me.

i was 14 at the time and to this day still the scariest thing to ever happen.
>>
>>17927471

Nothing changes. The world simply repeats the process of small happenings, fear mongering, and social control until humanity dies out.
>>
You know what I think?

The scariest thing is everything around us, literially everything is scary.

We know "so much" about the universe!

But yet we know "so little" about OUR OWN BRAINS.

Knowledge scares me, moreso the lack of it.
>>
File: a2827975541_10.jpg (872KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a2827975541_10.jpg
872KB, 1200x1200px
>>17928116
this is what we're all gonna become if we keep browsing this god forsaken board.
>>
>>17929432
> the moron who is proud of the fact that his/her country has death penalty also knows the truuuth about nuclear bombs and the media.

How surprising.
>>
The feeling I get when I think about blinking out of existence while the universe continues on the cycle of people trying and filing to find something more beyond death and time and space but there is nothing, not even darkness or not even nothing its self. Time continues for so long that it dosnt really exist any more and forever in the future we will never know what became of the world or our universe because consciousness dosnt exist. Eons passing and space finally collapses into nothing and blinks out too till theres not even universes or life or anything left and its just nothing forever and ever, no more chances to experience anything and no afterlife to see it play out once youre gone.
>>
>>17937204
LPBP
>>
>>17927471
I think having your mind deteriorating is terrifying. Your entire reality can't be trusted and will become more distorted until you die. You can't understand anything anymore.

Either that, or it's the fact that my generation is most likely going to experience societal collapse of some form in our lifetime.
>>
>>17939398
The latter is just the former on a higher level.
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 680x246px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 680x246px
>>17933527
>>17928136
Yes
>>
>>17927471
If you close your eyes, everything you saw could have been a figment of your imagination, and would cease to exist.
>>
>>17939398
>my generation is most likely going to experience societal collapse of some form in our lifetime.

this legitimately terrifies me. i almost know im going to see it happen and i really hope i dont have children and my parents are dead by then.
>>
1 And as he went out of the temple, one of his disciples saith unto him, Master, see what manner of stones and what buildings are here!

2 And Jesus answering said unto him, Seest thou these great buildings? there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives over against the temple, Peter and James and John and Andrew asked him privately,

4 Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign when all these things shall be fulfilled?

5 And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you:

6 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

7 And when ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars, be ye not troubled: for such things must needs be; but the end shall not be yet.

8 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows.

9 But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them.

10 And the gospel must first be published among all nations.
>>
File: The_Ressurrection_of_Christ.jpg (110KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
The_Ressurrection_of_Christ.jpg
110KB, 640x480px
But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.

12 Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death.

13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:

15 And let him that is on the housetop not go down into the house, neither enter therein, to take any thing out of his house:

16 And let him that is in the field not turn back again for to take up his garment.

17 But woe to them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

18 And pray ye that your flight be not in the winter.

19 For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be.

20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.
>>
File: theotokosprayercorner-800.jpg (79KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
theotokosprayercorner-800.jpg
79KB, 800x600px
And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not:

22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

23 But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

24 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,

25 And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.

26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.

27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

28 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near:

29 So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.

30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.
>>
File: theotokos-vladimir-icon.jpg (249KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
theotokos-vladimir-icon.jpg
249KB, 800x600px
31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.

34 For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.

35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:

36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.

37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.
>>
Bone cancer or some other shit mutating my bones to grow sharp edges or spikes and cutting my body from the inside with every move I make.
>>
Being caught in a volcanic blast, whether it's the lava chasing you down, the suffocation from the ash, the fires, or public panic before and after.
>>
>>17927471
have you seen that film from the '80's, "threads", even though it's made over 30 years ago, it's still terrifying, the accuracy,the way it's told.I agree with you, OP, that sort of war is truly terrible.
imo humans are not capable of properly having that knowledge yet, if ever,it's not to be used like that, or even "minor"tests, it's wrong on every level.
>>
>>17927471
Humanity killing itself via its own stupidity. Something outside of our control I could handle, but self-destruction would mark the ultimate failure of our species.
>>
For me it's what is literally going on right today: the collective suicide of a nation/culture like what we're seeing in the west mixed with a Brave New World type attitude.
>>
>>17936115
It's a downright comforting thought compared to the Universe just ending definitely for real and nothing ever existing afterwards.
>>
>>17927471
I've had bad health my entire life that requires daily medication and seems to be worsening over time. I'm worried I'm slowly dying of a terrible disease that my doctor won't be able to figure out before it's too late.
>>
>>17927471
you need to read an archived Oppenheimer thread nigger, nuclear war is entirely survivable for a nation state. If it wasn't and nuclear war was so unthinkable it wouldn't be such a deterrent.
>hurr we'd all die da ruskies gonna nuke all the cities
>doesn't into counterforce and countervalue doctrine
>doesn't know nuclear winter is a meme
>doesn't have iodine pills on hand
>lives in a major metropolitan area like a fucking pleb
>>
File: 1468800611511.gif (61KB, 156x267px) Image search: [Google]
1468800611511.gif
61KB, 156x267px
>>17927481
Here is a realistic BBC documentary about it simulating a nuclear war between NATO and the Warsaw Pact in 1983.

Warning: You will never sleep again.

https://vimeo.com/18781528
>>
>>17936894
you living in a nation of cucks and him being 100% right are unrelated.

we've communally detonated half a million kilotons of nukes between 1945 and 1993. The US has detonated more than our active peacetime nuke stockpile and the USSR detonated about half thier number.

>>17929432
the duck and cover thing was so if the building collapsed, you'd be under a re enforced desk. IE a pocket in the rubble instead of dead as fuck. Only retards believe that it was marketed as "you'll survive being in the hypocenter if you can find a desk guys!" play around with http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/ and you'll see that the area in the initial explosion and the lethal radiation areas for common warheads are minescule compared to the diameter of the pressure wave that can collapse buildings.
>>
>>17927613
nuclear winter is discredited. Pretty much everything you know and keep wrongposting about nuclear war was fearmongering.
>>
>>17932101
Yo u need t chill senpai
Let niggaz speak lik they want 2
Dont h8 bro
>>
>>17932133
Yeah, immortality of the fantastical variety would suck.

Luckily, if we ever develop some form of functional immortality, it'll probably be represented by some form of complex regenerative healing (that wouldn't lead to cancer), which likely wouldn't allow you to survive our Sun consuming the Earth.
>>
>>17927471
>Being this scared of a "thermonuclear" war

Nukes don't exist anyways, they're just fabrications, propaganda, that's all.
>>
>>17927471
For me life in itself is incomprehensable
And that scares the shit out of me
>>
Missing people
>>
>>17927471
Lack of water , and people going crazy
>>
>>17936818
>last thing that he ate was probably some Lays or Cheese Nips
Not bad, really.
>>
>>17927471
You do know cities have underground passages right? Become a mole person in the apocalypse
>>
File: 1414914900313.jpg (14KB, 339x276px) Image search: [Google]
1414914900313.jpg
14KB, 339x276px
What it's like after death.
>>
white people extinct due to race mixing and low birthrate thanks to all the traitors who allowed this to happen all happy with a huge smug on their faces and all the idiots who defend them, you know, whats happening right know in all of the western world.
Thread posts: 134
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.