[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so ive been really wanting to learn more about hinduism, im strongly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: ramayana-yuddha-kanda-1.jpg (235KB, 1424x1050px) Image search: [Google]
ramayana-yuddha-kanda-1.jpg
235KB, 1424x1050px
so ive been really wanting to learn more about hinduism, im strongly drawn towards it also ive always craved true knowledge/ thought the idea of attaining higher consciousness and self realization was amazing. so im checking out what scriptures they have and im lead to upanishads, then to ramayana and mahabharata but dont know which one to start first. find myself looking at old vedic paintings cuz i liek. click on a painting, is guy shooting arrow at a man with many heads. bow is fired, look at file to see if gif (not gif) i check out the page for the image and its a ramayana website. i was given clear guidance already. seems like i might be on the right path.
>>
File: bubbles.jpg (82KB, 693x358px) Image search: [Google]
bubbles.jpg
82KB, 693x358px
Alright so, in order to know rama, you must first know the god of death.

So chant "mara mara mara" until you get it.

Offer vegetarian food to a picture of Rama, after bathing (cold water) in the earliest part of morning.

Read scripture if you want, but know that all the gods are bubbles. nahmean, Narayan?
>>
>>17926085
Oh and also, get an oil lamp, and some sesame oil, and wicks, you can find them all at a hindu grocery, just ask for a "Light for God."
>>
File: muh feelings.jpg (123KB, 912x960px) Image search: [Google]
muh feelings.jpg
123KB, 912x960px
>>17926087
Once you have those and some incense, wave them around the picture, in a clockwise fashion.

You offer the lamp in memory of the days before lighters, where starting fires were hard.

You offer the incense to remember that senses are temporary and to be enjoyed.

You offer the food, as a way to eat like god, so that you have the strength to act like God.

You bathe the first thing in the morning to symbolize rebirth. Because it is cold going out of the womb, for the first time in a lifetime.

Bathe, then warm yourself by a fire, eat some fresh vegetarian food, burn incense, and chant "Mara mara mara" Continually, until the God of death is pleased, then you will Find Rama, and he will be pleased with you.

He's fond of the Tulsi plant too, if you have a sunny window, you might wanna grow one, and worship her, as she is a goddess in plant form.
>>
>>17925625
What do you mean by Hinduism? What draws you to it?
>>
The Ramayana and Mahabharata are the longest, most boring things ever. I'm talking up to 10k pages total. I wouldn't even recommend staring with them as they're barely scriptures. Read the Upanishads, and then something like the Brahma Sutras. Then look into the six darshanas closely and see which ones resonate with you, then read and practice them. Yoga and Vedanta are two of the coolest ones, in my opinion, but don't take my word for it. Yoga itself has multiple paths, so look into those as well to see what resonates with you. I'd stay away from any specific name-ist stuff until you get a solid foundation, otherwise you risk getting swept up by sketchy Vishnu cultists or something else.
>>
http://www.sanskrit-sanscrito.com.ar/en/english-home/100
>>
>>17926648
>The Ramayana and Mahabharata are the longest, most boring things ever.

Awfully nice when an anon puts a giant "I have no clue what I'm talking about" flag at the front of their post.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.