[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it feasible that we'll ever be able to plug/transfer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (134KB, 640x646px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134KB, 640x646px
Is it feasible that we'll ever be able to plug/transfer our "consciousness" into say, the Internet?
Theoretically living in our own worlds guided by our own individual laws where we create as we please, a personal website of sorts, but actually world of our own. Essentially becoming gods.
Where our simulations create simulations and it just trickles down/floats up further to an infinitium of different simulations.
It's a pretty humbling thought, just how much more expansive we've made our world seem in such little time.

We are no longer just picking berries and shit.

In the same manner we've created video games with exponential expansion through its popularity and refining, we may have been created as such - not really so by a God who will scrutinize over every little detail, but one who knows that eventually everything as a whole system will lead to "heaven" with nothing and no one really left behind.
Perhaps society evolves along with God or rather God evolves along with society because the better, more reasonable half of society is God and it isn't exactly one entity.
As valuable as consciousness is, you'd believe there'd be much, much more talk/research around maintaining it - being the most important thing we have.
We've got the Internet, what's the use in spending so much time, effort and publicity at looking at the worlds out there when we're getting closer to creating anything we want right here?

Fuck, I really want to fly and move shit with my mind, man.
>>
we're inside of it now
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1680x1050px
>>17918154
Will be be able to transfer our consciousness into the interwebs?

Probably.

Will we have full control to make our own world?

Probably not.
They'll male a bunch of laws about what you can and can't make in your world, there would be mind activists saying harming people in your immaginnary world would we unethical, and stuff like hackers could fuck you over.

Alternatively, they'll make it so expensive that you would need to essentially either be rich or have a functional life to use it/buy the expansion packs so that you're not limited on what you do, so using it as a form of escapism from a shitty life would be impossible.
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 288x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 288x300px
>>17918216
Of course. Though not in the whole sense of the concept.

>>17918228
Well, we have The Sims - nobody is banning you from killing people in that game or any other game involving killing or the like.
It would be your mind, your world, your dream.
There aren't laws dictating what you can and can't dream, what you can and can't feel or what you can and can't think - it would be free reign.
A dark mind (hate, resentment, confusion, suffering) develops from a lack of fostering of the light (love, caring, understanding, bliss) side of the mind due to circumstance and such, yet a world where you can truly be your own, you'd never really want to delve into the dark side. Why would you? Those are feelings that make people fall into depression and wish to end their lives in hopes of something better.
Like the concepts of God and Satan, where God/Heaven is a mind with what you want and have for the better and Satan/Hell is simply a mind that is all the opposite of what you want and have for the worse.
Hacking exists mainly as a means of a sense of control.
In an existence where we can truly have our mind be our world, nobody would care to "hack".
Money is making much more things possible and accessible. The value of the things it buys lessens and the value of money itself rises while not making money itself less attainable. People own more commodities than ever before. Information is shared quicker than ever, ideas develop quicker than ever, things in general happen quicker than ever. Menial jobs are slowly becoming more irrelevant with the increasing number of technological advents and society as a whole is becoming more and more refined and individuals in general make much more of an impact on the world than the simple berry-pickers of 6000 years ago.

Contrary to popular belief, I sincerely doubt that the people truly in "control" want all the people lesser than them to be miserable and eternal "slaves to the system" as if money is all that matters.
>>
>>17918154
What do you think your keyboard is if not a very slow plug?
>>
>>17918426
Well, your consciousness includes your dreams, feelings, thoughts - while you can convey these through text, a directly plugged consciousness would be both able to create and experience these. "Virtual reality" or even rather "real fantasy", it's all that a consciousness plugged directly to the Internet can do and become.
You can only do so much with a keyboard.
>>
>>17918523
>You can only do so much with a keyboard.
That's wrong
>>
>>17918537
Explain.
You can't experience flying with just a keyboard. Of course the keyboard is a building block to get there and to do greater things, but that doesn't make it those greater things.
>>
>>17918154
i personally cannot wait for the whole "ghost in the shell" concept with crippling anxiety about our own conscience and sexy cyborg police babes
>>
Consciousness. Advanced computers and net work = pure creation fucking dope
>>
Well that looks like a butthole
>>
I would honestly love to see this happen. Unfortunately I don't think I'll live to see this become reality; it seems to fat off. Besides, people seem more concerned about destroying each other through war and violence rather than helping one another achieve an idealistic reality.
>>
>>17921780
*Far off
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.