[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else here really, really, really WANT to believe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 29

File: 1285716484721.jpg (86KB, 427x774px) Image search: [Google]
1285716484721.jpg
86KB, 427x774px
Does anyone else here really, really, really WANT to believe magic is real, but you just can't?
>>
Praise Satan.
>>
Then don't. It's utterly irrelevant whether you believe or disbelieve when you don't actually practice magic.
>>
Yeah. It's simply not real. Don't listen to idiots with thier circular reasoning "You have to practice it for it to work hurrrr", if magic was real we'd have far more examples then a bunch of faggots online saying you just don't believe in it enough. I'm a skeptic, but Ill change my opinion when I see something that legitimately can't be explained. Not going to happen though.
>>
>>17913757
>implying anyone would be willing to demonstrate something to a lame brain like you

Apply yourself, kid.
>>
>>17913760
Right, so of course the first response is an insult, as if you knew anything about me or my practices, the things I've studied and tried. Instead of applying myself, maybe you should grow up and stop believing in faeries and santa clause
>>
>>17913773
>faeries and santa clause
You haven't tried very hard, have you.
>>
>>17913788
More of that beautiful circular reasoning and assumptions. I don't even need to make an arguement when the responses are of this caliber.
>>
>>17913807
That's cool, because you haven't made an argument at all yet. Expect the caliber you fire with.
>>
>>17913757
It's subjective, not demonstrative, you cretin
>>
>>17913819
>doesn't believe in demonstrative magic

Plebs these days.
>>
File: englishisfun.jpg (237KB, 1600x1180px) Image search: [Google]
englishisfun.jpg
237KB, 1600x1180px
>>17913818
>haven't made an argument at all yet
>>17913757
>>
>>17913757
>Ill change my opinion when I see something
Shit son. I wouldn't want to be the fucker that opposed the red-hot *opinions* you have there.
>>
>>17913843
"Havn't made an arguement"
>I dont even need to make an arguement
Reading comprehension is even more fun

>>17913819
Oh, I love subjective stuff. Like science and math. You know, cause they work the same way everytime and it doesnt matter how you feel about it. Oh wait, thats not subjective at all.
>>
>>17913530
Magic is just what people used to call technology and neat illusions.
>>
>>17913757
You're rude and you should work on your vocabulary
>>
Well some so called magic and occult stuff is real.. like some of it is all just about making a change in yourself and your consciousness stuff like meditation and ritual magic does create a change in you.. but I donno about demon summoning and goetic demons and all that stuff.. I don't doubt the people that say this stuff works but I think these "demons"..etc are really just a piece of a persons mind rather than some actual entity if that makes sense.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNsGdrZUErY
>>
>>17913530
In a way. I personally define magic as anything that breaks the laws of physics, and humanity is nowhere near technologically advanced enough to manipulate spacetime on that scale.

I believe in para- and the notion that there are many unexplained things going on in our world, all kinds of wacky events, but I've been unfortunate to ever encounter a paranormal event myself. Regardless, until a form of magic can hold up to the scientific method, I could not be fully convinced.
>>
Literally magic isn't real. It's just unexplained science. Summoning, astral projection, consciousness, the law of attraction, telepathy it's all technically explainable, it's just really hard to do that from the perspective that we currently operate from. There is nothing truly "supernatural" about the universe, because that doesn't make sense, if it exists, that makes it simply natural, as is everything else.
>>
Worst people you can ever meet are people that believe in magic but are on a horse so high they're in the clouds.
>>
Black Magick (white magicians don't exist) and therefor a COMPLETE belief in magick is for the Satanic elite as true Satanism teaches
>>
>>17913530
Yes, which is why I follow the psychological model.
>>
>>17914299
And occult writings on /x/ hardly represents anything more than mundane book knowledge. If you want examples of real occultists listen to Black Metal like early Mayhem, or Dissection

The best occultists have been musicians
>>
>>17914283
I agree, fuck gods.
>>
>>17914310
And the best musicians have been occultists.
>>
>>17914283
The elite occultist is the elite of this earth, mundane humans are the lowest form of life the true Black practitioner
>>
>>17914322
*to the true
>>
>>17914064
Their both
Think micro and macro cosms
>>
>>17914152
First step is through humity, placing your faith in God. Without God, you won't ever be able to succeed.
>>
File: Tree differences.jpg (68KB, 520x514px) Image search: [Google]
Tree differences.jpg
68KB, 520x514px
>>17913530
>WANT to believe magic is real, but you just can't
Nope
I believe
As above, so below

Magic is what you make it
Peace be with you
>>
Try meditation. Also if psychedelics aren't magic idk what is
>>
it doesn't exist.
these people move the goalposts. they define their magic as tony robbins self actualization shit now.
if you can do magic there are multiple huge prizes awarded by randi and all the other science foundations. you'd never have to work again.
but no, you browbeat preteens on /x/ into believing in your garbage and hide behind tautologies.
>>
>>17914409
I've succeeded just fine without using a myth to explain the unknown.
>>
>>17913530
Me. Unfortunately the universe is a boring, desolate, uncaring place. Call me pathetic but characters in stories live on more better, hopeful universes. Hell, the end of our universe is pretty dim: heat death.
>>
>>17913530
Believing in magic is for people who are too uninformed to realize reality is much crazier than some hocus pocus wizard bullshit could ever be. Study STEM instead and your mind will be much more blown.
>>
>>17913530
I really want to, but the most amazing things these guys seem able to do amount to literal make-believe and self-help stuff "change your mental frame and do lsd" kinda thing. Nothing that can actually affect the world outside your head.
>>
File: 1453843890506.png (293KB, 442x594px) Image search: [Google]
1453843890506.png
293KB, 442x594px
>>17914439
>if psychedelics aren't magic idk what is
I hate this place.
>>
Not necessarily magic, just parallel realms like a spirit realm, telepathy, and other phenomenon that exist in between the borders of physical matter and electromagnetic disturbance...
>>
File: newton madness of people.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
newton madness of people.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>17914851
>Believing in magic is for people who are too uninformed to realize reality is much crazier than some hocus pocus wizard bullshit could ever be. Study STEM instead and your mind will be much more blown.

Isaac Newton did both. What's the problem?
>>
>>17914409
i place my faith in humidity - I live in Florida
>>
>>17914854
This. The thing about "magic" is that it's just a convoluted way of saying "lmao just view things differently", it's about internal change that may "effect" the external. Which is fucking useless to anybody with a mentality mature enough to manage their time and spend it actually doing things that have an external effect. Or even an internal one. You know, like working hard and studying instead of playing with tarot cards.
>>
>>17914863
Burnouts everywhere.
>>
>>17914879
kek
I'm the guy he replied to and I live in Florida, too. Humidity is the only constant in this shithole
>>
>>17914874
There isn't one, but 99% of people don't bother with the STEM part and just go straight to the spiritualist bullshit.
>>
>>17914917
> 99% of people don't bother with the STEM
Acknowledged
If you look at the Three Veils of Negative Existence
Ain (nothing)
Ain Soph (limitlessness)
Ain Soph Aur (limitless light)
They refer to the conditions of the Universe before the Big Bang OR
Alternatively (but not accepted) they can refer to the period between T Zero and Planck Time.
Mixing STEM with ancient knowledge and philosophy is what magic is really all about
>>
>>17914946
this desu

the spiritualists that have cognitive dissonance and no logical ability are just as bad as the fedora tippers.
>>
>>17913530
sorry, it's like riding a bike, you can't go back to ignorance
>>
>>17913530
It is okay.
You will understand in another life.
>>
>>17913757
>I'm a real no-scam authentic no-fraud genuine magician/wizard/witch
>I have the ability to make a lot of money
>Instead of keeping it for myself and my family and friends...
>... I share it with everyone online
>>
File: 1459360293781.jpg (53KB, 532x650px) Image search: [Google]
1459360293781.jpg
53KB, 532x650px
>>17913757
What about Bohemian Grove?

Checkmate atheists.
>>
I'm drunk so I've decided to show you guys something that feels and works like magic, but it actually isn't, it's a sensory optical illusion. Breaking the Magician's Oath here.

Grab a pen and point it at your forehead, just above the brow, with the tip close to the skin without touching. Concentrate and stare at the pen and imagine what it would feel like if it were sharp. With luck, you'll feel a tingling. If not, trying moving it around, using a mirror, or a sharp object like a knife (though be very careful not to hurt yourself when pointing dangerous objects at your face.)

So, you felt a tingle. My best guess is that you're strongly expecting a sensation, so your mind freaks out and actually feels it. This isn't that unique when you consider the sensation of surprise, flinching when a ball is headed towards you, ASMR, or your skin crawling. What is unique is that you can control and manipulate it.

Try closing your eyes and imagining what that tingling felt like - because you already have experience with it, you'll know what to expect, and hopefully you'll be able to induce the tingling without needing a prop.

Now focus on the tingling you feel with as much concentration as you can. If stray distracting thoughts pop in, try to be aware of them and go back to concentrating. The sensation should grow in intensity, and can get extremely strong if you focus long enough. You can also move it around on your head as well.
>>
Congradulations, you just practiced a form of meditation. The phantom tingling is useful for meditation because it gives you something to focus on to eliminate stray thoughts and provides a barometer for your level of concentration. From my experience this form of meditation gets you into the same exact state as breathing exercises, mindfulness meditation, or visualization. Meditation is as mundane as mental exercise, and I hesitate to make any claims about it's efficacy, but some studies can show that it does have psychological benefit. It's just that meditation had a bunch of silly stuff tacked onto it from a time when people didn't know better.

You can also induce this sensation in your fingertips, and with practice the rest of your body to a lesser intensity, but I've already written a huge wall of text and have gotten bored. So there you have it, a basic tutorial to experience something that isn't really magic but feels like you're powering up like Goku, and may possibly be of some benefit.
>>
>>17915455
Mundane as physical exercise, I meant.
>>
File: kaballah 1600.png (3MB, 1064x1204px) Image search: [Google]
kaballah 1600.png
3MB, 1064x1204px
Im surprised people dont believe in it. I think its one of those things hat propaganda made people stop believing in to that it can take away our power. I personally dont use magic though, I use energy stuff like chakras and kaballah. In reality every person is using these because its just a normal part of our body. Though if people took the time to understand each part than they would have great changes in their lives.
>>
>WANT to believe magic is real, but you just can't?

Well, that just means that your good goy conditiong settled in pretty deep.

Magic and paranormal ARE real, since the nature of reality is not objective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1vYHOPFgcg
>>
>>17915473
this desu.
magic is literally just utilizing the same energy you use every day + concentration of directing your intent tho.
>>
>>17915544
So why has nobody ever filmed a real summoning?
>>
Magic is simply science that is not yet understood.
>>
The very few occasions where something has happened to me to convince me that there was something else or someone else at work interacting with my life, whether it be a higher self, or another entity, or just programming in the universe, or a fluke... It was not MEANT to be proven by science, I couldn't explain it satisfactorily to myself to prove it, much less to a critical eye of someone else who wasn't experiencing the events.

That doesn't negate that I had subjective experiences with relevant details to me. It might not be, and yet it happened to me. Why would I need anyone else to tell me what they didn't experience? Why would I do the same to them?

On matters of science, I am a critical skeptic. I may not ever figure out what happened, and thus classify it as unknown for now.
>>
>>17913757
All the answers are "I can do magic but I don't want to prove it to you", do you realize that is a poor childish excuse and you are proving this anon right, if you don't have time to prove your magic, why you have time to answer to this post? Why you have time to post about magic or teaching others? The first part if you want to teach magic shouldn't be demostrate how it works?
>>
File: star_wars_q2.jpg (31KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
star_wars_q2.jpg
31KB, 400x300px
>>17913530
Well i'm sorry if there isn't any magic in your life or you just can't see it. But i think you're not trying to do anything about it.
>>
>>17915898
>proving magic to mundanes

Are you nuts?
>>
>>17913530
Magic is what happens when you have blind faith in technology.

Science is what happens when you have informed belief in technology.
>>
>>17914874
FYI Newton is talking about the world's first stock market crash, in which he lost today's equivalent of about 3 million dollars.
>He's actually just pissed off
>>
>>17915898
I cannot see any compelling argument in this post, as to why a genuine adept, if there were some on /x/, would stop to the level of a 4chan shitposter and shoot fireballs out their ass for his amusement. And no "hurr childish" is not an argument.
>>
>>17915898
Can YOU do magic? I'm asking this to make a point, not interested in the answer. This is all you can change about your situation, is your actions. You can seek to have outside help, but really you are again changing your actions in the possibility that there is ... something or someone or rules or whatever at work that might give aid with whatever you set as your task. Everything else is irrelevant, and so are everyone's expressions, opinions, facts, etc.

If you want to try it, seek to change what you can, and then keep trying beyond that. If you don't, don't.
>>
>>17915917
They should make a google translator for a new age word salad.
>>
>>17915916
Of course im not giving arguments, because i'm not trying to prove nothing, you are the one who are saying that magic exists, so you are the one who have to give proves of this existance.
>>
>>17915917
But thats not magic, its just improving yourself
>>
>>17915925
Which words in particular do you need a definition of? I'm willing to bridge understanding much further in our communication process.
>>
>>17915902
Again the same argument, so you don't waste time proving magic to mundanes but you have no problem wasting time posting to mundanes about how real is magic
>>
>>17915452
This happened to me after i got done lifting. I laid on the floor and noticed that i could move a ''buzz'' around my body, if i concentrated. Now i do this when i meditate. I don't know what it is exactly, but i like to do it.

>>17913530
I know of three definitions of magic. 1. Mental techniques, manipulation, philosophy, awareness..etc. 2. Paranormal demons shit. 3. a combination of both.

I've had paranormal experiences, but this only made me more skeptical. Most of the people who claimed to practice paranormal tier magic almost always end up being ugly crazy people in my experience.
>>
>>17915928
Ah, so here's the first hint that your definition of magic diverges from my own. I do not seek to perform any supernatural events, merely supplement my own actions with ... asking for help from whatever is observing, if anything?

Surely anyone can do that, and if it happens, it does. If not, it does not.
>>
>>17913530
>>17913757
Remember plebs the only think you can change with magic is yourself
>>
Magic is used everyday, just not how you picture it.
>>
>>17915452
There is actually a very large deposit of iron in the tops of our noses, this helps us with our sense of direction. Its been shown years and years ago that we are sensitive to its magnetic field
>>
>>17915934
There is no immediate danger associated with trolling mundanes, and God, is it enjoyable.
>>
as much as I'd think it were cool for magic to be real, and it would be a pretty good explanation for some things, it isn't real.

I am however inclined to believe that there are cults / cabals of people who do engage in near-satanic rites and rituals particularly in Southern California, cos that place is weird as fuck.

Then of course there's also Jewish blood magic.

I mean, I'm fucking alawi so I'm partial to some seekrit rituals, but I've not seen Moloch yet senpai.
>>
Magic doesn't real faggots
>>
>>17916284
-15 pts Grammar
-10 pts Vocabulary (we are not cigarettes)
>>
>>17916291
Newfag detected
>>
>>17916297

Delusional faggot detected
>>
>>17916301
Look another newfag
>>
>>17916312

Says the magic roleplaying faggot
>>
File: d2kBSgu.jpg (132KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
d2kBSgu.jpg
132KB, 800x533px
Even on a purely base level, it exists as a tool. A simple example of what one would describe as "magick" would be a simple phrase which leads others to an action they normally wouldn't be doing. A prime example is Trumps use of "confirmation Bias" on his followers.

Words are "Spelled" out. A thought is will and a phrase is a spell. Anything you say or think is affecting the reality around you in more ways than you can imagine. Its all about perspective.
>>
Right here famalam
>>
>>17916346
This is the problem. Faggots add mystical aesthetics to what is just social engineering and manipulation. And some even believe the juju shit.

>>17916344
Nigga you retarded. I was simply calling out the dude on his post. ''Magic doesn't real'' has been around for a while, and the dude started calling out bad grammar.
>>
>>17916372
I've read Crowley, and I'm educated in Communication theory. As I said, even on a "base" (non-paranormal) level, some of the methods Crowley proposes is prefect for mind manipulation and influence ones reality around them.
>>
File: notaghost.jpg (24KB, 500x468px) Image search: [Google]
notaghost.jpg
24KB, 500x468px
Me.

Yet at the same time, I do think someone who I crossed in the past put a hex or some sort of curse on me.

But that could be the psychosis setting in/talking.
>>
>>17916388
Is Crowley really worth reading for this? I've managed well with other sources.
>>
>>17916402
He's not worth reading lol
>>
>>17916402
I just read him because I'm interested in the occult and his influence on modern culture. The non-paranormal aspects I took from him was his take on intelligently designed written launagues (adapted from runes) and how one can twist the reality of others to ones own will. It sounds malicious, but more about a balance than anything else.
>>
>>17916430
...Kiril?
>>
>>17916506
No, but I am a dirty shqiptar
>>
>>17916519
How'd you get into this type of shit in Albania of all places. And how have the methods been working out for you.
>>
Esoterism and spirituality are real, magic and occultism are not.

The problem with this board is that people think occultism=esoterism.
>>
File: 1423520101367.jpg (11KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1423520101367.jpg
11KB, 200x200px
>>17913819
AKA imaginary
>>
>>17913863
Truth
>>
File: 1453603181315.jpg (34KB, 439x396px) Image search: [Google]
1453603181315.jpg
34KB, 439x396px
>>17914064
A fair point friend, I'd never thought of meditation like that.
>>
>>17914409
Pretty sure "God" was against witch craft boyo
>>
File: 1439063639604.jpg (80KB, 685x567px) Image search: [Google]
1439063639604.jpg
80KB, 685x567px
>>17914644
/thread
>>
File: 1446141904290.jpg (65KB, 720x543px) Image search: [Google]
1446141904290.jpg
65KB, 720x543px
>>17914872
>>
>>17916531
Ended up pretty good. Had to head to work so pardon the delay. In a much better place now than I was a couple years ago. Parents are Albainan, I'm born in Massachusetts.
>>
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1877042814029243
>>
>>17914824
these people are fucking embarrassing. i usually feel bad for them, it's kind of funny to watch them try to turn it around
>>
>>17915105
is not believing in magic fedora tipping, you fucking retard?
>>
File: 1458781817397.png (323KB, 719x710px) Image search: [Google]
1458781817397.png
323KB, 719x710px
>>17916839
If the aliens can do it, why not us?

Why must we all numb our knowledge like you?
>>
If you don't believe in it, then it is not real. It's hard to explain but belief is key. This is the problem. You NEED to believe it if you want it to be REAL. It cannot just happen for you if the belief isn't there. Magick is intention
>>
>>17915964
What immediate danger is there for proving magic to mundanes?
>>
>>17914824
Yeah because >>17913849 was just oozing with charisma.

Go home faggot.
>>
>>17915898
Well okay actually you made a decent argument. I will take you seriously just this once.
>do you realize that is a poor childish excuse
Yes, inherently. The point is to show how childish it is to expect other people to fix your beliefs for you before you've ever tried to do anything yourself.

The anon that was bitching about how we don't know what kind of background in magical studies they have? That anon was a dipshit troll. We know exactly how much experience someone has if they don't believe in magic. It's like watching someone get indignant about having never seen a rock in their life. Go the fuck outside and find one. Don't ask to be spoonfed beliefs, thoughts, or even experiences. Go fucking get them if you want it.
>if you don't have time to prove your magic, why you have time to answer to this post?
Because magic isn't some magical effortless thing that doesn't require skills or imagination or creativity. What if I'm only good at curses or bad luck spells? Are you so desperate to believe in it that you're willing to take the absolute worst type of experience with magic onto yourself? Suppose I could do it with a flick of my finger. Let's say I could make your keyboard shoot a foot into the air and stay there for five seconds. How the fuck spooked are you gonna be? How paranoid are you gonna get now that you know powerful telekinetic anons are willing to shitpost about magic and fuck shit up whenever they feel like it on a whim? Are you gonna suddenly feel empowered and think, "Wow look what I would be capable of after years of training!" or are you gonna be the faggot that now sides with the government and wants to police, control, and silence metaphysical wisdom and knowledge? Shattering people's image of the world is never safe. Literally, you are better off with years of failure than having your fate offset like that.

>cont.
>>
>>17915898
>Why you have time to post about magic or teaching others?
Because we're not gods and we aren't meant to be.

Or no, let's suppose I'm literally god and I just got back from a day of battling against a galaxy where AI emerged. I have to jump through time and shit and save trillions of trillions of lives from billions of types of superintelligent butterfly effect and I just got home to fucking relax. I'm supposed to go out of my way to prove galactic scale conspiracies to some shithead who doesn't have the will to ask nicely? Appreciate your fucking era of peace, little maggot.

Exactly what part of my years of study are you supposed to be entitled to? It's like walking up to a physicist while wearing a sign that say, "Unless you can prove physics to me right now I will tell everyone that God did it and ruin your career. Also I'll take a piss on your lawn just for the lulz." Show some fucking respect if you want someone to take the time out of their day to give a shit about your ignorant little perspective. Whether we're galactic police or not, you shouldn't expect instant respect when all you give is ignorance and indolence. It's just not worth our time even if we could literally freeze time.
>if you want to teach magic
We're not all here to teach and we're not all at the level to where we would be good teachers. If we're all beginners then the best place for you to learn magic is within yourself. The basic logistics here aren't even usually worth the effort it takes to type, but you sound like you're actually trying to understand so here you go. This is the basic logistics of why we can be assholes. It's because we're returning the disrespect that's thrown at us.

When it comes down to it, that's your answer: We don't really feel like proving shit right now. It takes effort.
>>
>>17913530
Magic doesn't exist, but deep down I think we all want it to exist. Deep down I think we all want something to exist to make our lives a little more exciting.
>>
>>17913819
oh thank god i knew i was a magician
>>
>>17917983
And deeper down is where you'll find the magic.

Deeper still you'll find a seal.

And deeper still the key.
>>
Yeah. I really do want to believe but when I turned 20 it was like a power switch was turned off and well I've been wondering for the past 2 years if i was imagining it.
>>
>>17918638
I don't think it was imaginary.

I seriously hope you didn't turn off your imagination.
>>
>>17913530

it exists, just we don't know where and how to use it.

it's in your brainwaves otherwise weird things wouldn't happen to twins

it's in the nature otherwise karmatic balance wouldn't happen

it's in the univers and physics otherwise quantum leaps wouldn't happen

Just think outside of the fucking box. Magic is NOT colorful powder spread in the air.
>>
>>17916346
those are some perfect drawings
>>
Thing is, you have to believe to see. Evolution has made it difficult for us to perceive magick now. This is because practitioners were slaughtered and anyone that saw astral creatures was put to death.

Now it takes effort and research to awaken your astral properties. Sort of like physical therapy, but for your brain. It's easier at a younger age.

Most astral creatures have abandoned our world, though. The elementals are about all we have left.
>>
>>17919448
Jeez. I'm a believer and even this seems like some autistic, fairy tale shit made up by a crazy peon.
>>
I guess you're just not thinking about it right. It's not some external dealio. It's you. Magick is just someone's willpower, the extension of their psychological ability. Persuasive, charismatic people are the most powerful magicians of our times.

Like, the Secret, I guess.
>>
>>17917044
>>17916531
I'm albanian too.
Let me just say that the balkans are a crazy place when it comes to the paranormal.
The shit that i witnessed and heard about is rare in other parts of europe or anywhere else for that matter.
>>
Or anything paranormal/supernatural at all, really.
>>
>>17920004
>The shit that i witnessed and heard about is rare in other parts of europe or anywhere else for that matter.

Especially the shit that keeps your country's economy running, like organ trade.
>>
>>17920018
>organ trade

More fantasy than harry potter.

Let's not turn this into a pol thread.
I know how prejudiced people can be about albania.
>>
>>17913530
i'm curious as to what constitutes as "magic" though
>>
I used to do telekinesis when I was young.. but it took me 3 months to be able to move small pieces of paper. I just dont have the energy and patience for this shit.
>>
>>17921207
ah yeah i used to do the same, pointing my bare arse at a piece of paper and letting rip with the fury of a thousand metric harambes of force, lifting the paper from wherever it lay
>>
>>17913530
Everyone lives in a neutral reality until you are able to gain power and branch off into a reality of your own making. We'll never live in a reality where someone else has power.
This is total bullshit, but I like to imagine
>>
>>17915484
This guy is a hack. His conception of the double slit experiment is quite imaginary.
>>
>>17919862

But it's true.

Creatures without physical bodies can only be see by channeling your conciousness into the realm that they and your soul exist in.
>>
If magic is real then who was phone?
>>
>>17923315

Phones connect us to alternate universes. You're not talking to the person you think you're talking to.
>>
Basically what I gather from this thread is that "Magic/Magik/whatthefuckever" is basically just another way to describe things that already have another name.

Real cute anons.

you would have done better to just lie and say some magical shit happened.
>>
>>17914064
There's an edition of the Goetia whose introduction says exactly that.
>>
I think it's 99% psyching yourself out and 1% fucking around with chance. Just a personal take, but for me, I'm cool with the possibility that it's more like 100% mental. It's made my life more interesting, and I've found a wealth of inspiration for making my life less shitty. Totally worth it.
>>
>>17914418
finally, a piece of sanity on this godforsaken board full of summerfag high schoolers
>>
>>17924950

>Goetia
>real magick

Pick one.
>>
File: 1463944747337.jpg (42KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1463944747337.jpg
42KB, 480x480px
>>17913530
Belief is irrelevent, what you are saying is that you have not done any testing. Do testing. Not like a pussy with "I did 20 minutes of testing". I am talking 3-6 months of testing as a minimum.
>>17913757
You don't understand what a sceptic means. Your not a skeptic, you are just a little bitch who is not able to read more than a few books on a selected topic, and maintain a certain practice for more than 2 days. You need other people to tell you how it is, your feminine side is overpowered. Again, like OP, you did not actually do any testing, like a person with the understanding of the scientific method you, so you fail. Your belief system is similiar to that of a sissy bitch, it is build for receiving and being dominated. What you perceive as your "rational mind" is actually a delusion of perception, you don't even understand rationality or objectivity... Ah, why am I bothering, you won't have the capacity to understand what I am saying anyway. And I am talking about philosophy of science and the paradigms of thinking, no magic or anything.
>>17914644
sissy
>>17914817
Do testing, don't rely on believing.
>>17914851
Science and esoteric knowledege is compatible with each other. You don't understand the subject matter from the anthropological point of view, and anyone with a little bit of education can see that. Do not speak of things that you are not knowledgeable in.
>>17914854
Do tests on telikenisis for at least 3-6 months. The fact is this: 99% are roleplayers who don't have the will power to stick to something more than a few days or weeks.
>>17914884
It always has to be combined with regular hard work. Anyone thinking that this is new age LOA is a faggot hippy. Its where you prepare your mind for your daily challanges with esoteric knowledege, and then work hard and very smart- that is where amazing results come. Plus, these arts are the internal arts, they serve a different purpose in humanity, stop simplifying the very complex issue.
>>
>>17927050

>Thinks Kaballah is amazing posting

>Doesn't realize it's the first thing everyone learns if they aren't edgelords who only fap to sigils
>>
>>17927357

The Kaballah is just what people flock to when they're nervous about leaving abrahamic traditions.
>>
>>17927373
>>17927357
Nobody even seems to understands the Kaballah, yall probably think its something far from what it actually is.
>>
>>17927373

>Implying Aliester Crowley was afraid of the jewgod
>>
If I have to say in what I believe in most is chaos working randomly and the power of human thought, or so called noosphere in other way called "meme magic".

Now it may be just pure coincidence, maybe not.
>>
>>17917282
This is what people mean when they say 'cyclical'. proof of something cannot be the result of believing in it, it has to be the other way around. It's common sense, and people who insist that blind faith is the first step to working magic are wrong, delusional, and giving anybody who stands up for magical practice a bad name.
>>
>>17915452
>>17915455
I do this all the time, I inadvertently started doing it while taking Aikido after my teacher kept talking about projecting energy. I've since practiced it and found that it helps while lifting/running/etc but that may just be psychosomatic.
>>
>>17927348
Who is going to win the Superbowl this year?

You don't know shit.
>>
>>17917294
Lots of dangers, although not all of them are immediate. It also depends on what you are trying to achieve - silence is golden.
>>
Magic isn't real

Thats why we should MAKE it real. Let's learn how to achieve different forms of psychokinesis, and disregard these gay bdsm role players.
>>
>>17929844
> fortune telling as an "argument"

sissy pleb
>>
Magic.
I believe in prestidigitation.
>>
>>17913530
nature is known magic.
>>
>>17913530
What would happen if you just start believing now?
>>
File: post-39730-040169600 1293369058.jpg (25KB, 317x398px) Image search: [Google]
post-39730-040169600 1293369058.jpg
25KB, 317x398px
>>17913530
The problem is, so much of it seems to be theatrics. All that ceremonial shit. Pomp and ritual. Robes and candles, incense and chanting, pseudomysticism.

But when you dig deeper, it feels like just another human need to reach out into the unknown and pull something out. And the hand comes out empty, but they convince others (and perhaps themselves) that they have some shining jewel hidden in their clenched fist.

I want there to be a jewel, but I see evidence for its existence.
>>
>>17913530
all these dumb fucks sitting on their fat asses demanding evidence instead of getting out and actually living life and experiencing magic unfolding
>>
File: image.jpg (107KB, 700x713px)
image.jpg
107KB, 700x713px
>>17915937
>noticed that i could move a ''buzz'' around my body, if i concentrated
Hey I know exactly what you are talking about, and I can do it when I'm laying down or sitting with eyes closed. WTF is this feeling?

>>17913530
>really WANT to believe magic is real
You need to find a charismatic charmer to manipulate your weak brain into believing their spell on you is real. You will start to believe in magic. You will also lose yourself, follow your master blindly and lose all concern for your own dignity and soul.
>>
>>17918706
no evidence of twin happenings, no evidence of karma, and quantum physics is not magic
>>
>>17931132
What can not affect our causal existence? If by imagining about such things your mind is influenced by it, there isn't such a thing. You don't need to believe it, or understand it, because it isn't like the wind.

If you remove all the ceremonies, rituals, words, thoughts, images, there is only one thing that is left and that is Truth. There is magic in that, only not so interesting for those who lack a certain something.
>>
File: 1468909310625.jpg (72KB, 650x830px) Image search: [Google]
1468909310625.jpg
72KB, 650x830px
>>17932761
No, remove everything the wind dirt sky sun perception then their is truth in void. 0, non action. 1 action.

We collectively make things more real. Rituals help make it seem to be a reality. we all believe in wind so it is.
>>
File: organicreversekippah.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
organicreversekippah.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
>>17913530
What is the magic you speak of? Interaction between aeons?
>>
>>17914644
>huge prizes awarded by randi

No there isn't. >>http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/Page30.htm

I doubt those offered by "all the other science foundations" are any more legit.
>>
Here /x/, let me teach you some voodoo influencing. To secretly control someone, just simply whisper things you want to implant when you're out of sight (of course). I mean you could just think it, but that's not voodoo. They will hear it through their sixth sense, mostly in their subconscious if they don't catch you. Go nuts haha.
>>
File: 1466402966297.jpg (46KB, 500x543px)
1466402966297.jpg
46KB, 500x543px
>>17914863
Chemicals that can at the very least make you think that you are talking to other entities as well as give you an experience that feels spiritually significant might as well be called magic. If you want to call it the science of biochemistry in action, that's your preference. If you are such a skeptic why the hell would you be on /x/ in the first place?
>>
Magic isnt real

We are bound to natural laws

We can tho make things that once was magic to become real by learning more and advancing and then we will be able to invent ''magic'' but its not really magic because magic means something that has no science behind it
>>
>>17915105
>just as bad as the fedora tippers
Is that what you tell yourself...
>>
>>17937145
I literally used magic to get myself a job this week.
>>
>>17937116
science is explainable magic.
always was always will be.
magicians are good at slight of hand illusions
card counting is math
the spirit realm is hallucinations.

all that say otherwise are propagators of bullshit.

It's a multibillion dollar/yr industry.

penn and teller are the most woke
>>
>>17916149
from lebanon. syria or antioch?
>>
>>17914168
>supernatural

If magic does exist, it would not be supernatural, but natural
>>
Magic can be found in numbers.
Nothing is random.
>>
>>17937610
Everything is random, nothing is permitted.
>>
>>17937323

You mean the two who make their living off the multibillion dollar a year industry known as mainstream media? HE CUSS A LAWT SO HE MUST BE RITE.
>>
File: tear_horus.jpg (34KB, 286x300px)
tear_horus.jpg
34KB, 286x300px
>>17937621
The creed is:
See read.

If you've red(stop sign), you're supposed to stop.
Fuck this.
The time is now.
>>
>>17913530
Magic is the employment of systems beyond the comprehension of the veiwer. So technically yes, but basically if I took a laser back in time to a culture without knowlage of it, it would be considered magic. Magic isn't wishing something and it happening. As they say magic is undiscovered science
>>
>>17937572
That's literally what I said
>>
>>17915484

that vid is cringey af
>>
>>17918706

what fucking gibberish
>>
>>17913530
Why the fuck they think they got it from Arabs? I know they used Abraxis but they had an understanding of magic on some level, it's why they looked in the first place.
>>
>>17913757
Who said that good occultism is not nice as a form of extreme philosophy - or rather as content for your dreams and reveries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7DX2xKdArY

I mean check this out, of course you don't have to take it literally - you couldn't take most of it literally, but it helps you visualize things and expand your mind comprehension.
>>
>>17921227
power of my ass > power of my mind
>>
>>17915938
Can people shoot fucking fireballs and summon demons that curse others to die or not
>>
>>17917348
>Go fucking get them if you want it.
Not him but I was semi raised by a father figure, my art teacher, from 9 to 15 years. I also live in Russia.
So I went to this guy every weekend and he had group lessons, he was also into chaos magic, lucid dreaming, astral projections and claimed that he did some magical shiatsu massages and also told me that I had potential to be a psychic.
For years I listened to his stuff, I've seen him together with older kids take shrooms to see visions and project and he explained to me how to make sigils and generally how to influence my life by attuning myself to the will of what he called "Egregor" which is like collective consciousness of existence.

But as I grew up I realized that it was literally all play pretend, why the fuck would a real "wizard" teach art and at the same time always complain about how he isn't earning enough? Him and all of the group kids that believed in his stuff were playpretend faggots that used recreational drugs to make themselves have "visions" to further reafirms their own insanity.
And sure I learned how to do good massage but I doubt that there is anything magical about it or that it heals the bio-field.
Another thing that I realized was that his lessons were a waste of time and only good that came out of it was learning water color pretty well and I semi-learned to Lucid dream, but he literally lacked the fundamentals of form and volume and color. And this realization was really painful because I loved his general attitude and his group, but it was full of shit.

Probably my experiences aren't enough to qualify for having experienced "magic", but I did listen and believe to him for years and even had trips and tried his lucid dreaming practices and astral projection. Despite me being easily influenced by him when my common sense developed and when I became more educated I saw through his shit and he was just a sad old man that wanted to feel young and cool and special.
cont.
>>
>>17939553
Worst of all he talked exactly like your typical "magician" on /x/.

So I am not convinced so far. So tell me, what happens if I encounter more of these "magicians" in my life and I will again see that they are full of shit? Should one literally rely on blind faith in magic and dedicate their life to finding one person that's legit?

None of his chaos magic worked, he only made himself feel more confident and when coincidences happened he would tie it to his magic. Yet I am a young and successful concept artist making art for vidya games, earning more than he ever did, I am better at the craft than he is without much of his help and I didn't fucking use magic to achieve what I have. Shouldn't you magicians be at an advantage to me or other "mundane" people? And what about majority of the worlds business men who don't fucking use magic and are successful?
>>
only meme magic is real
>>
>want to get into alternative religion and the occult
>raised completely skeptical
>everyone I know who is into these things is a fucking crazy person

Shit sucks.
>>
File: 1458852713430.jpg (265KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1458852713430.jpg
265KB, 1920x1080px
>>17913544
Hail
>>
File: 1467528698503.jpg (587KB, 500x920px) Image search: [Google]
1467528698503.jpg
587KB, 500x920px
>>17913544
>current year+one
>not even praising KEK
get your shit together.
>>
>>17939564
There are definitely people like that out there too. They probably lurk /x/. Maybe he's seen your post.

I can try to play this off like he represents all of us and play Devil's advocate and say he was complaining about his pay because he felt that some problems shouldn't be solved with magic, but that's wouldn't be the honest answer. You typed up your experience, you gave me honesty, so I want to repay you with my actual stance, apart from any posturing pretending, rabbit holes and whatever else people hate about mystery type mages. (And yes, mages not magicians.)

The truth is what you've already noticed from your experience. The truth is unrelated to your old art teacher. It sucks to see that someone you like is following bullshit. It really does. It sucks to learn your beliefs were irrelevant and meant nothing more than some statistics counter on some future terminal somewhere. The world is full of bullshit and I don't think that's ever going to change. There are people like that out there, and their beliefs are ultimately irrelevant. You know that, you said as much yourself, and you don't feel to me like the kind of guy that's going to dismiss every other type of practitioner because of the one fool you met. That's honesty, that's experience, that's the kind of attitude that's worth responding to. It hurts to waste all this time typing just to have some faggot respond with "lol i trol u"

You already have the answer: Magic doesn't mean shit. Whether it's real or not, whether it can manipulate probability or score you a better job or not, it is irrelevant. That's what you say, that's what you typed, that's the lesson to take from your experiences. You got ahead in life by being skilled or by training some practical skillset. That's awesome, that's how life should be. Mage should be one type of profession, one type of skill, not some transcendental fucking philosophy. Magic is not a cure-all. Magic can ruin people's lives just as it can help them.
>>
>>17942575
All in all, my honest belief in magic is that I don't want to see it abused. I don't want to see it used to create new and different types of regret. I'd rather watch the world slowly wither and burn than see it erupt in a new type of war. I keep the knowledge locked away not because it's dangerous, but because people are fucking cunts. Learn some self control, learn some respect, learn some manners and learn how to get along or I'd just as soon destroy you as teach you how to use it to destroy yourself or others. It's not dangerous in its own right, it's just a tool. It's not a weapon, it certainly isn't a panacea, and it doesn't alleviate you of the burden of decision, effort, or will. You'll still have to think for yourself, you'll still have to be creative, and you'll still have to choose what to do and how skilled you want to be at it. Just like your art, this is a canvas with its own rules and skillset.

Most other practitioners say shit analogous to it being a matter of not handing a fork to an infant when they're getting curious about the electrical outlets for the first time. I'm competent enough to give you a plastic fork, a spoon, or something that won't zap you when you try to press it in the general direction of the socket, but I also have enough foresight that I have reason to avoid teaching idiots how to engage in new methods of warfare. I would seriously rather kill you (anyone) in cold blood than be responsible for starting a war.

On other issues, it's not up to me. On this one, it is. How I use my knowledge isn't really anyone's to question unless they're willing to take my wisdom along with my knowledge.
>>
Not real.
Study up on animism and spirits and the origins of magics.

If you do, you'll come to understand that magic was merely the label given to unexplainable phenomena that tribes and ancient people couldn't wrap their heads around, such as rain, rainbows, and other stuff we can explain now.

This is where religion comes in and replaces magic, instead of saying those phenomena are magic, they are caused by god or gods.

Magic=Things we cannot explain but have an good reason for occuring
>>
If magic is real, then why the fuck arent there videos out there that show legit shit? Give me a link, and lets see if you hippies aren't just on drugs...
>>
>>17913757

Magic exists, but it is waaaay more boring than many of you might think.

Magic won't cause miracles or phenomena impossible to explain.
Let's look at it like this: You know about the Schrödinger's cat, right? It's a good example for this. On normal conditions, there'd be a 50% chance the cat lives, and 50% the cat dies. By using magic, you can either influence or force the universe to stick only to one of those paths.

Nothing impossible to explain will happen.
Magic is more boring than you think. It only influences(white magic) or forces(black magic) the universe to go through a certain path. Winning the lottery and other wonderful stuff is out of the question as you'll get in a big karmic debt to win that much.
>>
>>17943191
>lets see if you hippies aren't just on drugs
Two main reasons.

1. Because there is literally nothing on Youtube that can't be dismissed by someone who isn't ready to believe. People criticize goddamn NASA footage on here. No practitioner is beyond reproach here.
2. Because faggots like you have a hard-on for thinking you're entitled to your own little image of the truth. The fact is people are ignorant little shits that were never going to believe in magic until someone went fucking X-Men on a city. Seeing is believing, and more often than not you had to be there to see it or the footage was never going to convince you. No matter how legit it looks, you'll ruin your reputation by ever trying to post proof of something that severely paranormal.

So, CGI and society. Until I'm ready to grow hulky psionics arms and travel around hammering holes in buildings for a living, discarding any reputation I had as a potentially normal, not-to-be-feared guy, I don't think it's really gonna happen.

Just wait for me to attain enough influence that I can post anonymously for the rest of my life and I'll be ready to throw away my life for a sake of proving that magic is real once and for all.
>>
>>17943199
I honestly don't care if superpositions are the only method of affecting phenomenological reality. I'll grow my goddamn psionic hulk arms from the quantum foam if I have to. I will literally hold every goddamn atom in place and squeeze until the physical structure breaks its entire waveform.

Sure, it'll probably take 20+ years of discipline if that's the only method that's available, but it'll be goddamn worth it. I feel I'd be doing a service to society if I proved what mind builders are capable of. (Think body builders but psionic limbs and muscles instead.)
>>
>>17943210
I don't know what the fuck that post wast meant for.

I only said magic is boring, and as you could see in my post, fairly useless in everyday life.

Karmic debts are a major thing in magic, so don't think you'll be able to kill Trump using magic, or you'll win the lottery, or you'll have sex with your teacher in the middle of the lesson.

Magic is boring and not necessary in life. However, if you want to practice it, then so be it.
>>
>>17943215
I'm saying it doesn't matter how boring, ineffective, or useless you think it is. I will crawl through the fucking mud to get my psionic arms. Literally if the universe is Shawshank prison, I will crawl through lightyears of literal shit to get my psionic limbs. It doesn't matter how little magic there is in the world, I will fucking use it and prove it exists.

...Just as soon as society doesn't try to kill me for proving it. Because fuck that shit. Ungrateful bastards don't need to know the truth.
>>
>>17943202
I want to believe magic is real, but as far as I can see, I doubt i'll ever witness it in real life. I also don't want to "practice" it, without knowing whether that shit will work or not, and im not wasting my time. Im open minded towards videos or anything that shows proof, as im not the type to dismiss anything I don't understand. Also the hippie thing was a joke :)
>>
>>17943243
I kinda figured that, but those are the reasons. I'm happy to prove it to people that are willing to learn it and I don't think it's unreasonable for you to ask to see that it works before you devote your time to it. Unfortunately I'm not at the level when I can just prove it willy-nilly to random anons. I *MIGHT* be able to do something is we could meet up on chat and get a better feel for each other, but even that is a bit iffy for me to promise anything on.

As terrible as it is, my best bet for proving magic right now is meme magic. Which is, you know, fuck. Not really what I had in mind. I'll believe in your stead until you can get your proof.
>>
Easy way to experience something is to go outside sit down and close your eyes. As you breath in and out slowly imagine a wave of feeling or awareness rises and falls through your interior perceptual space. Let the wave dance and mold itself from thoughts and feelings, but always let them fall with the fall of your breath. Relax your mind and start feeling yourself through all the connections in your in body, sexual feelings emotions etc. You want as broad a spectrum as possible. Feel the heat of the sun on your skin, where you touch the ground. It can help if you are naked.

This should give you a mental hallucination of your body if you do it right. When you have a hallucination made like this, it is easily molded and changed by extending your awareness through it. You can sort of brush against the stuff around you, like swinging a pendulum out from yourself, and letting it fall back in. This is the basis of remote viewing. Learn to see through your feelings. The connection of life in your body. Let your sexual energy flow through you and around you. Wrap if over your thoughts arms chest head etc. Play with this energy as much as you can and release attaching it to physical emotional or mental conditioning.
>>
>>17943276
Will try. Thanks for actually giving your time too help me understand this stuff! (Assuming you're the same person above)
>>
lose control of your body for a while and you won't have to believe in anything, you'll know it's real and you'll have reason to be afraid.
>>
I want to believe really badly that we only perceive a very limited fragment of reality. After all, we use our eyes and other mortal organs, which are very normal biological constructs, to perceive what we define as reality.

We are still apes... not very special. Imagine everything we are still incapable of perceiving. Perhaps worlds and entities hiding right in front of our eyes. Maybe not everything is black or white, good or evil, God or the Devil, and we just wouldn't be able to understand
>>
>>17917364
Physics grad student here. I don't mind explaining things to people. Whether or not they can understand it is up to them, but I am willing to demonstrate or explain anything. It's the joy of knowledge to spread it.
>>
Let me summarize how this thread will go

"Hey, can anyone demonstrate magick?"

"NO YOU AREN'T WORTHY ENOUGH"

"No, magick is all subjective"

"YEA MAGICK IS SUBJECTIVE FOR THAT GUY, MY MAGICK IS OBJECTIVE AS FUCK, BUT I JUST DON'T WANT TO SHOW IT"

"I felt a tingle in my anus last night, was that magick?"

"Yes."

"No."

"You see magick in the blossoming of every flower!"

"Easy, if you want to know if magick is real, waste hundreds of hours of your life to find out!"
Face it. There is no magic. There is no psychic power. There's nothing. Subjective magick is the same bullshit as "The Secret", the power of positive thinking, and all that other shit. At the end of the day, if I put a gun to each of these "magicians" heads and say "ok use magic to make me not pull the trigger!" there's not one of them that wouldn't eat a lead salad.
>>
>>17943700
Westerner detected
>>
>>17943714
Would you like to take my magick test?
>>
>>17914085
is this a joke?
>>
>>17943693
Are you a physics grad student?
>>
>>17913530
just put wishes in your brain while having orgasms
>>
>>17913544
Redpilled.
>b-but the bible said he's bad even though God does all the bad stuff
>>
2+2 = 5
>>
>>17913530
It's real but I wish it wasn't
>>
>>17927348
Preach, brother
>>
>>17913544
All hail the Crimson King
>>
>>17913530
Magic is only real if you live in Catemaco, anywere else is shit tier
>>
fuck 23
>>
if this post doesn't get dubs then its all a lie
>>
Presuming Magick works. How does it work?
>>
>>17951748
Intention
>>
>>17951978
and then? How does intention effect reality outside of ones own mind?
>>
>>17952318
You affect reality whether you intend to or not. See Quantum Double Slit experiment.
>>
>>17913530
it is
Thread posts: 225
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.