[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

okay, lets try to logic ghosts for a minute. (inb4 oxymoron)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

okay, lets try to logic ghosts for a minute. (inb4 oxymoron)

So if ghosts are real then that means that they're apparitions of people who have passed away, but still retain some connection to the living world. Some of them are able to create a partial physical form or even nearly inaudible sounds to human ears, while others are able to interact with the physical world. It is understood that children have an easier time identifying and communicating with spirits than adults do. Taking this into account we can infer two things;

>1. They have the ability to retain memories from their now past life.
>2. Spirits have some sort of connection with children, something that is lost as they mature into adulthood.
>>
>>17913462

If we believe the first point, then that means that there must be some unknown quality within our physical memories that can be transferred from our corporeal plane of existence to another more cerebral realm. Something that could theoretically be quantifiable in our current state, but has thus far has gone unnoticed or unstudied.

Long-term memories (which is what I'm focusing on discussing) are broken down into two subcategories; declarative (or explicit) memory and procedural (or implicit) memory. Procedural memory (“knowing how”) is the unconscious memory of skills and how to do things, particularly the use of objects or movements of the body, such as tying a shoelace, playing a guitar or riding a bike. Whereas declarative memory (“knowing what”) is memory of facts and events, and refers to those memories that can be consciously recalled (or "declared"). It is sometimes called explicit memory, since it consists of information that is explicitly stored and retrieved.

Declarative memories are encoded by the hippocampus, entorhinal cortex and perirhinal cortex (all within the medial temporal lobe of the brain), but are consolidated and stored in the temporal cortex.
>>
>>17913464
Let's pause there and discuss point 2.

Children possess the ability to commune with spirits in a way that adults are somehow unable to. This could be for any variety of reasons, including pseudoscience mumbojumbo, but if the idea that children are somehow linked to next world is true then once again there must be some sort of quantifiable evidence to support it.

A fairly universally accepted fact is that children have more active imaginations than their adult counterparts. One reason for this is that postnatally our neurons create millions of synapses, neurological connections. Because of this, the brain's of children have the ability to receive and process information uniquely from the way an adult would and it isn't until the onset of puberty that the brain goes through what is known as synaptic pruning, which is essentially the clipping of the synapses that aren't being utilised, allowing the remaining connections to become more focused. This allows them to reason better and essentially think like an adult.
>>
>>17913466
The imagination isn't controlled by one single part of the brain, but instead is controlled by a cortical and subcortical network over a large part of the brain. The network closely resembles the "mental workspace" that scholars have theorised might be responsible for much of human conscious experience and for the flexible cognitive abilities that humans have evolved.

Taking that into account, I would like to bring attention to the connections between Imagination and Memory within the human brain; "Images made by functional magnetic resonance imaging technology show that remembering and imagining sends blood to identical parts of the brain."* This means that there is a distinct connection between the act of imagination, and the use of memory.

While I'm sceptical of most mental abilities, there is evidence that supports the human mind's ability to manipulate the physical world in one way or another. That being said, I don't believe it isn't too much of a leap of logic to assume that the spirit or soul of a person is contained somewhere within the temporal lobe that controls the function of memory.

Children are able to perceive ghosts because they haven't been subjected to the synaptic pruning of an adult, meaning a neurological connection between the temporal lobe and the cortical/subcortical network exists in a stronger force granting them a greater vantage point into the metaphysical realm of their imagination.
>>
ITT: We need to consider the egyptian model where instead of body and soul, there are three.

>body, self evident
>ka, this doesn't have a direct translation, but it's sort of "essence/mind/memories/vibe".
>spirit, soul.

Most modern faiths confuse soul and ka, but these are two different things.
The soul does not retain memories or have a personality the way we'd think of it.
That's what the ka does.

What we call ghosts, are ka that have not been laid to rest properly.
>>
>>17913468

From this point on everything will be purely speculative.

Ghosts are able to retain their physical appearance because they have a strong memory of who they were as they passed away, and they then enter the realm of the metaphysical. A realm where a strong imagination is able to observe and draw experiences from, where children are able to subconsciously and innately observe and interact with some inhabitants. Because of the ability of the human mind to retain the information of self and surroundings beyond death, spirits are able to retain their basic appearance as well as procedural memory involving the limited ability to use (or in most cases throw) objects in the still living world.
>>
File: 1366064257157.jpg (54KB, 500x525px) Image search: [Google]
1366064257157.jpg
54KB, 500x525px
>>17913474
I spent the last three hours dicking around on the internet reading bullshit articles to type all this up and then you show up and shit all over everything I've done. Way to waste my entire morning.
>>
>>17913483
Waste?
It's not a waste.
You cast a spell seeking answers, and answers came to you.
That's not a waste in my book.
>>
File: 1443154196415.gif (482KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1443154196415.gif
482KB, 500x374px
>>17913475
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. I also want to add a few points

What is a ghost? Well, to me a ghost is energy. What does a brain use to function? Electrical and chemical systems. Energy is involved in both the brain and spirits. I'm no physicist so feel free to prove me wrong. But doesn't energy not get destroyed nor created? When we 'die', the energy, the memories, what makes us who we are gets released out in the world. Meaning, when we eventually die, our soul persists into the environment until an unknown source converts our soul back into energy elsewhere into the world.
>>
>>17913462
>1. They have the ability to retain memories from their now past life
No. Why? How?

>2. Spirits have some sort of connection with children, something that is lost as they mature into adulthood
No. How? Why?

Somebody saw too many ghost movies it seems
>>
>>17913523
Read >>17913483, it was just 3 hours of internet. That explains all.
>>
serious question

why do ghosts never pull pranks or do funny stuff, why is it always freaking people out or doing scary shit. youd figure at least some ghosts would just want to have a good time
>>
>>17913614
>freaking people out or doing scary shit
those are the pranks. They are laughing their nebulos ghost asses off at the spooky bar, talking about our stupid faces and shit
>>
If ghosts are real, does that mean werewolves are real too? i mean if we cant pick just a few paranormal shit right?
>>
>>17913462

The pokemon you can only see while playing pokemon go are actually spirits we co-exist with... soon, we will be able to detect the locations of every "ghost" spirit on the planet, and in outer space through extensive use of this breakthrough pokemon go technology.
>>
>>17913504
>What is a ghost? Well, to me a ghost is energy. What does a brain use to function? Electrical and chemical systems. Energy is involved in both the brain and spirits.
>and spirits

says fucking who?

you just said a few science mubmo jumbo and added the spiritual shit in the middle of it and assume that it applies to it too? Your argument is basically

"If I throw a towel upwards, it would fall to the ground because of gravity, gravity that is shared by both humans and spirits"
>>
>>17913462
>okay, lets try to logic ghosts for a minute.
Illusions and hallucinations. I didn't even need a minute.
>>
>>17913504
>a ghost is energy
that is utterly meaningless.
I wish spiritual people would stop misusing the word "energy" so much
>>
>>17913637
>>17913654
this.

if Ghosts/spirits/souls are proven to be or have ENERGY, then it wouldnt be paranormal anymore, wouldnt it?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXwrrqhlJb0
0:00 to 1:27
>>
>>17913462
The mind is nonlocal, the energy EM and plasma are energy, energy can't be lost at a quantum level, the organic membrane/consciousness mainframe uploads the contents into the ether. From then who knows.
>>
>>17913660
Paranormal becomes "normal" as it's understood. Get it?
>>
>>17913474
so what is the soul then
>>
>>17916454
The immortal spark of "you" that reincarnates, or dwells with the gods, etc.
>>
>>17916454
Who were you before you were born?
>>
>>17913462
pure information is just some weird form of frequenzy, wave forms sustained by the electrons of our brains.

We do not fully understand how Nature works. There will always be some kind of magic left for humanity in oure world.
>>
>>17916481
>>17916490
But what is the soul like if the ka is the one with the personality and memories and stuff like that
>>
>>17916490
A faggot like op.
>>
>>17916523
That's the interesting question, isn't it?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.