[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there an afterlife? What's the evidence for and against

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1.jpg (28KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
28KB, 400x300px
Is there an afterlife? What's the evidence for and against the existence of an afterlife? How can you and why do you believe or not believe in an afterlife?

For those of you who believe, what is the afterlife? Where is it? Is it governed by a God or Gods? What are the general dynamics of the afterlife?
>>
>>17912967
Would you be so kind as to provide your viewpoints or answers to the questions you asked? Or do you just want to see anons fighting over beliefs?
>>
>>17912967
Have to agree with the other guy. The way you phrased your post, you're just going to get fedora tippers, Christ-fags, and people saying vague, unhelpful things like "If you believe, you'll see it was there all along."
>>
>>17912967
I assume that when you die your consciousness ceases to exist. Much like before you were born.

I've never seen any convincing proof otherwise.
>>
>>17913050
That's because when people die they can't tell you. Asking for proof about things that can't be answered is retarded. Either you believe in it or you don't, both without proof.
>>
>>17912967
Tom campbell will tell you son
>>
Ok then, why do you think we cling to these beliefs? As in the belief of an afterlife in the face of no evidence?
>>
http://evidenceforthesoul.weebly.com/

My past life remembrances on the astral plane gone and done it for me.
>>
>>17913169
Because people can't comprehend a point at which they'll no longer exist, and that scares the piss out of most of them.
>>
>>17913368
But why????
>>
>>17915492
Because people generally don't want to die. If some psycho burst into a room you were in and started shooting people, would you try to avoid being shot?
>>
>>17916274
>If some psycho burst into a room you were in and started shooting people, would you try to avoid being shot?
I've asked this question, or some version of it, to several "death is no big deal/actually a good thing" people and have never gotten a response.
>>
>>17917881
Because it's a stupid fucking question.
>>
>>17913169
>no evidence
>>
First of all, no one should concern themselves what comes after a life since most of you don't even know how to live a life.

Secondly, you cannot rationalize, think up theories or find proof of it since. if it is there. it is not of this world. We are living a strictly material life with material mindset, trying to think beyond the material just doesn't work for us.

Fantasize all you want but all in all it serves no god damn purpose, you're here to do your thing in this life and when you're done you will go and check out what comes next.
>>
>>17918166
Not really, when you're dealing with people who like to say other people are stupid or inferior for not wanting to die.
>>
No one knows, there's no way to prove if there is or isn't. There ya go.
>>
There really isn't really any evidence for or against it. Nobody knows what happens after you die because nobody comes back to tell the tale.
>>
>>17916274
Yes, if only so I can save more people. If I had to take a bullet for someone, I'd do that too. If I felt like I had a chance at disabling him, I wouldn't let fear of bullets get in my way.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.