[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, can we all agree that Skinwalkers/Goatman is just a stupid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: Wendigo_flatFV.jpg (508KB, 1545x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Wendigo_flatFV.jpg
508KB, 1545x1600px
So, can we all agree that Skinwalkers/Goatman is just a stupid 4chan attempt to bastardize the Wendigo for creepy pasta?
>>
>>17909915
>implying it's any less retarded than everything here
>>
>>17909915
Nobody gives a flying fuck, anon. And besides, it's a combination of much more than just a wendigo.
>>
Goatmen are an ancient brand of mythology that nearly every single culture has had at some point. Stories of horned men in the woods, mountains, and or plains are almost universally told.

Skinwalkers are a Southern Native American (mostly Navajo) legend. It's basically heir version of a werewolf. It's a black magician that uses magic to shapeshift into an animal, or even other people.

Wendigo is a more Northern counterpart and it's a spirit rather than a physical creature.

So...no. /x/ lumped them all into one category and idiots get them confused, but they all exist at least in theory or in story.
>>
>>17909915
Er... yes, but no?

Skinwalkers (and I'm pretty sure the Goatman too) are actual concepts. But they, and the Wendigo, have certainly been bastardized for some kind of really shitty meme.

"Herp derp how can I hunt?"
I can't say much about goat men, unless you're talking satyrs or something, but skinwalkers and wendigos are both HUMAN BEINGS*.

*The Wendigo is actually a sort of evil spirit that emobides the taboo of cannibalism, but it can inhabit anyone if they cross that taboo and eat human flesh. So it's still kind of absurd to try and hunt one.
>>
>>17909942
Oh. I was kind of hoping you had died.
>>
>>17909922
Wendigo much less retarded than "herp derp a demon/spirit did Elisa Lamb" and "everyone is a lizard man"

>>17909928
No, a goatman/skinwalker is a 100% wendigo. From it's downward appearance to it's power. Except the Wendigo is intelligent and a trickster and can spawn other wendigos instead of "Herp derp, metallic smell, looks like a person that can't speak, herp derp".

>>17909942
Proper Goatmen, satyrs looking creatures have more to do with actual satyrs and the puritan ideas of the devil looking like a Baphomet. You are mixing up the concept with Wisps and Wood Spirits and Green men of the middle ages.

You got the skinwalker thing right, but it's more about an actual shaman thing or a natural born hability, not much about "black magic". Most native american tribes have a reference to skinwalkers, not just southern ones. It's from this myth that the north american werewolf myth spawned when settlers got to know more about NA folklore.

The Wendigo is an Algoquian legend, but he is somewhat also present in most northen tribes folklore. To some he is the modern skinwalker meme, who just wants to trick and eat people. To other tribes he is either a guardian of the forests, who dislikes men, or the equivalent of the devil. Then there are also tribes that believe a Wendigo is a devil that generates a sickness that drives a person mad and violent, or that the Wendigo itself is any person afflicted by this sickness, brought on by cannibalism or general greed.
>>
>>17910056
No. Better. I reproduced.

>>17910091
On Goatmen, you're the guy mixing stuff up here yo.

Everything else, I'll assume you know more than me.

We both agree though that it's more complex than OP is acknowledging.
>>
>>17909915
So...

How does one fight the Wendigo?
>>
>>17910593

I have no idea. But while here in Portugal we don't have a Wendigo, we have a creature called a Mendigo.

We usually yell at them and they run away.

Don't turn your back on one tho, might end up stabbed.
>>
>>17910614

I anxiously looked up what a Mendigo was expecting to find a Portuguese monster of sorts.

Then it turns out it's just a hobo.

Well played sir.
>>
I don't really group them together, but people try to.

Wendigo = native american cannibalistic spirit thing that controls people

Skinwalker = native american shapeshifting spirit thing

Goatman = a goat/human hybrid creature
>>
>>17909942
This post is more or less spot on, on both 4chan culture and on real historical legends.

>>17910091
This is just wrong, it's a fag trying to sound as if he knows all the shit he's spouting. Go roleplay some more.
>>
The winnebago was just injuns who ate people. Enough evidence in early American journals that lead to this conclusion.
>>
Also, if you had a dream your were a winnebago, then you pretty much had to become one.
>>
>>17909942
father is goatman
son is skinwalker
holy spirit is wendigo
>>
>>17909942
In Maryland we have out own Goatman thing. Or had. The papers blamed a few murders on it. Washington Post if you feel like digging.
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 448x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 448x310px
>goes into /x/
>tries to tell people that skinwalkers are stupid
Pic related
>>
>>17911569
The point is that they're just cheap knockoffs, there's nothing original about them.
>>
>>17911547
Maryland homies represent.

My friends are afraid of Govenor's Bridge.
>>
>>17909915
Those are some nice legs. Sauce?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-13-01-34-43.png (493KB, 480x854px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-13-01-34-43.png
493KB, 480x854px
Iam new to x but i saw this thread and was interested, i am Navajo indian and born on the reservation in gallup new mexico. I have had several accounts with the skinwalker and other paranormal stuff while living in tohatchi new mexico until recently i moved to North carolina if you guys want to hear some stories. Pic very related its where i grew up and went to high achool at
>>
File: 1338775826427.jpg (10KB, 204x195px) Image search: [Google]
1338775826427.jpg
10KB, 204x195px
>>17912039
Go on
>>
File: 20160713_021144.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20160713_021144.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>17912208
Go here
>>17912251
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.