[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /x/, I was wondering if any of you know anything about indian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: turtlerockpile.jpg (160KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
turtlerockpile.jpg
160KB, 640x480px
Hey /x/, I was wondering if any of you know anything about indian burial grounds. My late grandmother owned a fairly large property in west virginia which was passed on to my father and his brother upon her death. My grandmother was a very superstitious women and was always insistent about her grandchildren never wondering too far from the house into the heavily wooded surrounding property. I always had assumed she was simply worried about us getting lost in the woods as the surrounding area was quite large and full of dense forrest that was difficult to navigate, but its possible her fears stemmed from something darker. A year or so ago I was wandering around the property when i stumbled upon an odd formation of rocks that was around 8 feet at its widest. Grass and other plant life had sprouted up between the rocks and it was clear that stones had been in there current position for some time. Intrigued I immediately headed back to find my father and ask him about what I had found. Surprisingly, he responded to my inquires in a very matter of fact manor and said I had stumbled upon one of the properties burial mounds. He insisted that he had told me about the mounds several times before and had even taken me to see them. Yet I had no recollection of this.

Apparently when the property was purchased the former owner informed my grandmother that there were several indian burial mounds scattered across the estate, but he had never contacted any archaeological associations because he worried someone would come and dig them up.

From my knowledge there are two of these mounds across the property that i have personally discovered, yet my uncle claims there is a third that he found one night yet for the life of him cannot find the location again.

My question for /x/ is how would i go about confirming if these are indeed burial mounds or not?
>>
unfortunately i do not have any pictures of it at the moment, as all of them were on my old phone which was stolen a few months ago. however Im fairly certain either my brother or father does and I will try contacting them and requesting them
>>
>>17906790
by obviously disturbing them with a gardening shovel.

just remember, would you like some punk kid digging you up in 100 years?
>>
>>17906793
the whole point is I want to either confirm or deny their purpose without excavating
>>
>>17906796
oh, of course, just channel your Tulpa Succubi in a summoning circle using some "grimoires" and runes, is that the answer you were looking for?
>>
Ground penetrating radar would be your best bet.

Failing that, there should be other artifacts to be found that aren't burial artifacts.
>>
>>17906790
lots
>>
>>17906807
now your just being a faggot. I wanted to know if there is anyway to distinguish a burial mound from say a cairn. Im not having much luck online
>>
>>17906790
Your whole country is an Indian burial ground.
>>
>>17908873
Underrated post.
>>
>>17908873
That's way spookier than the skeleton inside of me.
>>
>>17906824
cairns are on hilltops or other elevated places.
>>
>>17906790
Its where tulpa, occults, skinwalkers, goatmen, and divination come from. Dig it up for a long life of good luck
>>
>>17906790
>My question for /x/ is how would i go about confirming if these are indeed burial mounds or not?

Check the town hall records, if that effort should fail, then check the county or state records.

If all else fails, you can make an inquiry at the Bureau of Indian Affairs regarding the native tribes who previously lived on your land and the burial traditions they practiced.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.