[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask a guy who works the night shift on a solar salt field near

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

File: salt-fields-26941186.jpg (45KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
salt-fields-26941186.jpg
45KB, 400x267px
Ask a guy who works the night shift on a solar salt field near a 'haunted' river in the middle of bum fuck nowhere
>>
So.... Where is this place? Pin this shit in Google maps and link it.
>>
are the river ghosts fish or people?
>>
>>17905342
What do you do?
Security?
>>
>>17905347
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Cargill/@36.8073952,-99.2618141,14z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xa8b98185134aae85?sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjYuuyI4urNAhVF5yYKHRxzCz8Q_BIIezAK
>>
Seen any ghosts?
>>
>>17905349
Nope. We work through the night. Especially right now, as harvest is picking up. We basically make salt for deicing, salt blocks for cattle, and other shit. I just run heavy machinery in a huge tin building. I have to go outside a lot, for my part, though. Normally, on our entire plant, we have 5 people and we're all spread out. Lighting anywhere except for inside the building is really sparse.
>>
>>17905356
I haven't, but a lot of workers claim to see 'Larry' or some bullshit. Apparently he haunts the night shift, but I've never SEEN him. It's mainly the veterans that are around that claim he fucks shit up and makes the machines run like shit. Although, I see shadows and what I assume are people all the time when I work. The building I work in is 4 stories high, and huge. I go to the top to sometimes adjust machinery, and there is a walkway up there that allows you to see a large portion of the property. I swear, around 2am every time, that I see shadows moving by the salt piles. Couple of the people claim their 'river people' and shit. The people who harvest in the middle of the night, which they do once a week, have claimed seeing some radical shit, though.
>>
Any accidents happen recently that are unexplainable?
>>
>>17905395
I am going to admit, that once night shift starts, shit has a habit of breaking down A LOT. Like, so much so that we've had several meetings about how night shift is obviously not taking care of their machinery the right way. Recently, like 4 months ago, during night shift harvest, a truck broke down while examining the fields. The guy claims the whole truck shut off like his battery went dead. He had to walk back in pitch black to the building we were in. We left the truck for morning shift, who said the truck started up just fine and nothing was wrong.

Besides that, I notice some small stuff gets fucked up for no apparent reason. After having to work with shit forever, you get to know the machines pretty well. One night, my machine just wouldn't fucking cooperate with me at all. The computer systems for it refused to even boot up a few times, or would shut down on me, and shit fucked up on it that I didn't even know could fuck up. I went in to work on it to try and salvage production. OSHA says you need to turn the whole machine off, and put a lock on the 'ON' button before you can work on a machine. Seeing that it was literally me and 3 other people that night, all veterans, I disregarded that rule and just shut off the machines, not taking the time to 'lock out'. I climbed in and about the time I got settled, the machine started back up. had I not rolled off of the conveyor I was on at the that moment, a huge pallet would of ran me over, probably coming close to crushing my leg or worse. No explanation how this happened at all, and no reason why it should of. I'm 100!% sure i shut all my shit off
>>
>>17905342
How was your day, man?
>>
>>17905428
Pretty amazing. I just had my first full weekend off for a long time. I worked 13 straight days before this weekend. Spent it with friends, and a couple of the newer guys at work.. Actually enjoying a few beers, right now, as I don't have to go in until 10pm tonight. Thanks for asking.
>>
>>17905371
River people?
And can we get second hand stories?
>>
>>17905453
A huge river is next to our plant, and it's famous for being a huge culture thing with some Indian tribes (or so I've been told.) Not only this, though, but apparently there's people who live in trailers or camp all along the river, like homeless people and the such. I'm not from the actual area, so I can't confirm these things. Before I worked there, however, there were apparent problems with the river people, according to the veterans. Back when night shift wasn't really a thing, the plant was only operating from 6am til 10pm. A few times, when the crew would get back in the morning, their vehicles would be covered in stank ass mud (their description was that is smelled like someone mixed their shit with mud and smeared it on everything). Not only that, but some tools would go missing and not be found ever. This happened for like a period of 8 months, but it wasn't like shit happened every night. It finally blew big when some guy in a tractor, who was moving salt from the piles into the machine that processes it into the building for us to produce, radioed to the guys inside that some guy was running across the fields. It was like at 9pm when this happened, so just about closing time. Everyone blew it off, and just said 'fuck it' and left for home, apparently. The next morning, while some of management was going over the fields, they found one of the missing tools in the ponds, a huge wrench, and ended up reprimanding the workers for losing the tool. After that, though, everything stopped.

None of the secondhand stories are REALLY worth typing up, unless you guys are really interested, but I'll type up the biggest one. It happened like 4 years ago, but it's still always brought up when the subject of night shift, or creepy things, are brought up.
>>
>>17905487

So, this new guy had been with us for about 5 months and was only 18 at the time. I had been with the plant for a while by this time, but only worked the day shift, so I never saw this guy. He was hired to run the tractors that basically plow up the salt so it can be collected later, or something. Basically, you drive the machine by the ponds or something. I'm not familiar with the actual process because I've never done it. Well, the night before he was going to start the night shift harvesting one of the veterans were like 'Watch out for the river people. They're big men who will chase you down and try to get the tractor.' Something to that effect to just spook the kid. It worked and the kid was pretty fucking nervous, from the sound of it. He went out and everything was fine until about 3-4am. He radios to the building that someone is out on the field. They blow it off because 'der der spooked kid'. About 30 or so minutes later, the kid bursts into the plant, just bawling his eyes out. He's hysterical and can't even get words out. The guy was shaking like a branch in a blizzard, and had even hurt his wrist. He was soaked head to toe, too. After they calmed him down, he started to explain what happened.

He had been driving, not really paying much attention to the path he was going, as he was watching for movement from the river people. He finally glanced back onto the path he was driving, and a teenage girl was standing in the middle of the path about 30 feet in front of him. He stops the vehicle and just watches this girl. He explained he was just frozen in fear and couldn't move and it was like everything just stopped. The girl just looked at him, and he said after what was like a whole minute, the girl kept opening and closing her mouth in an exaggerated way. If the girl had been screaming or talking or something, he wouldn't of been able to hear over the rumble of the engine and his music, but it looked like she was screaming.
(cont)
>>
I worked in Woodward for a bit, so I'm lurking. Saw a few really odd things, but I'm interested in odd things you have seen in the area.
>>
>>17905531
The kid decides to just bail out of the tractor and book it to the building, which is a long way away. He ate shit when he jumped out, and landed in the salt pond. He basically scrambled through about pitch blackness back to the building and was scared for his life. He said the girl was wearing a white gown looking thing, but he couldn't really recall/make it out. The kid took a few days off, before coming back and going back out on night harvest. He was really quiet, and few times I asked him about it he just shook it off like it embarrassed him. It spooked up the whole plant's staff, and cops were actually called to take a report about trespassing by management. At this point, everyone at the plant has their own idea of what it is. I don't really have any guess on what it could be, though. It is really spooky out on the field at night, and his mind could of been fucking with him. I don't know. That story kinda freaks me out, though.
>>
>>17905537
Good to know someone from the area is lurking. We have a few co-workers who live in Woodward, so I go to the area sometimes. I live in Freedom in a place, until I find a permanent home, hopefully in Woodward.
>>
>>17905546

it was one of the river people trying to escape or bait him in to "help"ing her
>>
>>17905554
Thanks. Yeah. I live in Nebraska now, and it's great. I went through Freedom and parts thereabout once during a forest fire. I went down a road they thought they had closed and when I came out through the other side the fire department stopped me and asked me how I got through. Shit was terrifying. I was in Woodward for business a lot and they set us up in Boiling Springs State Park. I have a few stories, but honestly they might be better told in a different thread.
>>
>>17905567
That's one of the more popular 'theories' people have that I work with. A few people really vehemently believe in the river people fucking with us, ever since then.

>>17905581
If you have some stuff, might as well share it. This thread is going pretty slow.

Yeah the fires around here are crazy. I don't know the one you're talking about, but there was a MASSIVE one in the area not too long ago that shut down a ton of roads, and Freedom issued a volunteer evacuation. It was awful, the whole town was just smoky.
>>
>>17905595
Sure. So one time I was commuting from Woodward to Stillwater (doing something with the ag/oil industry that keeps OSU afloat, not top secret, but stuff I won't go into) there was a calf in the road, just wandering about. This is not weird on the back roads of OK at all. But I thought since it was a calf, I should stop at the nearest house and let them know. There were two houses across from each other and they both had fences up so I went to the one on the right. This house clearly had an artist living there. There were lots of sheds (deer antlers, sometimes shed that people find, sometimes taken from hunts) made into all sorts of things. And there were a few bucks hung ready for skinning.

And a house and a garage. So I went up to the house and knocked and knocked and nothing. I mean, there were the yaps of some ankle-biters, but no human sounds. Then I went over to the garage. I knocked and nothing. Then I peaked into the windows and I could see some things strung up that weren't deer. I mean, not raccoons, not possums, or foxes, they were large, but not deer. And I am familiar with what many skinned animals look like. It wasn't human either, or alien. It was maybe dog. But what really freaked me out was that there were two people who looked at me and ducked, ducked like I was the popo poking into things. like, they must have gone full prostrate on the double when I looked in. They were Mexican. The house was very nice.

If you don't know the area, there is a sharp racial and class divide between Mexicans (which includes and Latinos) and whites. So those guys were not the home owners. They were there working, and likely not supposed to be seen.

Long story short on that one, I went to the other house and they claimed the calf and got it off the road.

Another time, while driving, a weird animal crossed my path, but it might have been just a mutated dog. But it was running to beat the bang, ran into a fence, was bounced back by the fence, and cont.
>>
>>17905645
cont. kept running like the devil was on its heels.

When I stayed at Boiling Springs, they put two of us to a cabin, and I did see some people come out to the "lake" in the middle of the night, when no one else was camping out there. They looked like they were doing rituals, but while people in the town call them devil worshipers, I think they are just run-of-the-mill new-age Wiccans, or teens trying to be edgy and that doesn't bother me at all.
>>
>>17905645
>>17905650
From what I know, and have heard, Boiling springs does have some weird shit going on there. My cousin, as a kid, used to go there a lot for church camp, and claims some creepy stuff. I think the wiccan theory is right. From some of the people in the area, it's apparently somewhat popular, with a club or something in Alva.

Also, with the frequency shit runs out in front of my car around here, I've seen some pretty awful looking animals. Wounded raccoons, a coyote with like half it's hair gone, and even saw a deer with it's guts dragging on the asphalt limping off the side of the road.

As for your main story, it definitely sounds like some shit that would happen in this part of Oklahoma. I don't want to be racist, either, but I've seen mexicans do some things around here. Like, spotlight lakes at night, poaching, and trespassing are the big three I've seen/heard about. I work with a guy who comes from Mexico, who has worked with the plant for about 10 years. He moved his whole family up here, and he says a lot of them are mostly likely illegals. He was approached by a group of illegals one time asking to live on his little bit of land. He rejected them, and found them living on his land in tents, a few weeks later. He said it looked like they had been there for a while.
>>
bump/lurkiing
>>
>>17905679
going to bed for now. will check when i wake up to answer anymore questions
>>
>>17905778
+1
>>
Do you ever jack off on the job?
>>
>>17905342
Really bothers me that the OP doesn't end with "anything"
>>
>>17905952
Oh wow. I feel like an ass now. Haha

>>17905942
I'd be a liar if I said I never thought about it. For about a stretch of two months, I would spend the last part of my shift in an office room away from the production plant at night. I'd be by myself and I had to use a computer. Really considered it, but passed by. A newer guy, like 2 years ago, was caught pissing inside the production building, though, in a corner. The funny part about it was that corporate was visiting, and the offshoot part of the building he was in happened to be part of the tour they were getting. The timing couldn't of been better.
>>
Nice thread, OP. It's good to see new stuff around here for a change.
>>
This thread's great
>>
>>17905352
I have a Cargill near my house. They are good sources of the hum.
>>
>>17907096
I really like the company. They take real good care of their employee's, despite being a massive business. Corporate is a little out-of-touch but that's expected. Good guys, though.
>>
You should go exploring by where the river people are get your own story
>>
I enjoyed this thread.

That is all
>>
Good film about spooky events near a salt mine: Bajo la Sal

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1110207/
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.