[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why are people on here so opposed to the idea that planets are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 12

File: ayys4.jpg (111KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ayys4.jpg
111KB, 1920x1080px
why are people on here so opposed to the idea that planets are living, sentient beings?
>>
>>17904340
Why are you so opposed to not sucking cock?
>>
>>17904340
i believe
>>
>>17904340
Brainwashed. An no not by some new world order, by the order of man that has be slowly conquering man since 'Christ' was killed and fabricated texts to make people dismiss all metaphysical happenings due to implauseabilities and impposibilities. Celestial bodies hold conciseness now beyond comprehension of the average man for the aforementioned. I am an agent to Gaia and her cause, as such I urge all mankind to treat earth as you treat loved ones, with respect and nurture her so that we all my prosper
>>
because

1. It's a stupid idea.

2. There isn't any evidence for the idea.
>>
>>17904428
>fabricated texts to make people dismiss all metaphysical happenings
you write this and then this idiot posts : >>17904431

i fucking love it. thanks for your post
>>
>>17904431
No evidence anyone here actually exists yet we all accept that there are other posters
>>
Well basically all the human beans are the planet's neurons.
>>
>>17904468
What about the fact that other posts show up and other people talk about using 4chan?

2/8 b8, made me reply, m8
>>
>>17904468
The posts themselves are evidence.
>>
>>17904340
Because people dont believe in what is categorized as supernatural.

even though shitty contemporary science claims that light is intelligent and changes form depending on observation. If that is the actual reality there is no way that is the only characteristic of light, its probably hiding alot more.
>>
>>17904431
>Something can be true the whole time for eons regardless if recognized
>I only believe its true if some half assed crackpot labeled a scientist tells me so through a piece of paper
>the type of person to get "Facts" from mainstream media and disregard evidence because its not in 1080p
>>
>>17904484
Your right therefore anything a scientist and the government ever told you is 100% true.

even though space is infinite and there are literally things we have no real explanation for on every level about 90% percent of the time we have computers and chalk and all these numbers we arrange in fancy ways to explain things so we can be pretensions towards the uneducated peon population. I love being seperated by only 10 iq points at a time im a fucking genius and better than all of you.
>>
>>17904340
How the hell should I know?
>>
>>17904353
Hey, dick is yummy.
>>
We're made of the matter of the universe, and so are planets. Just in different arrangements and different sizes. There is no evidence, yes, but there's always potential for something alike to exist out there.
>>
>>17904500
Not that anon, but I agree with him.
Your response is idiotic, to say the least.
The thing is, some people has something called a filter, it helps us interact with the world around us in a somewhat rational way.
May I ask you, why don't you believe the moon is made out of green cheese, anon?
>>
stop. this is like the 3rd thread of this dumb shit today.
>>
>>17904573
>Not that anon
don't lie dude
>>
>>17904484
>>17904485
What if all posts but yours are computer generated.
What if your actually in a coma and all things in existence are just in your head.

Until absolute knowladge is acquired one can not prove or disprove anything with absolute certainty.
>>
OP here.

Any naysayer here care to post evidence proving that planets are NOT living, sentient beings?
>>
File: Nwabudike_Morgan_(SMAC).jpg (7KB, 149x178px) Image search: [Google]
Nwabudike_Morgan_(SMAC).jpg
7KB, 149x178px
>implying i care
>>
>>17904500
Blindly accepting everything you are told is obviously retarded but there is a difference between the facts offered by scientific research and those offered by, for example, homeopathy dipshits.
>>
>>17904649
not how it works. you're making the contentious, unpopular claim. we're not convinced. convince us.
>>
>>17904649
The burden of evidence falls on the person making the claim... idiot.
>>
>>17904681
when did i claim anything?

in any case. i cannot convince anybody because i can't and won't make people do something against their will.
>>
>>17904340
So biologically all living things are made of cells. This is why virus's and prions are not living. Planets are not made of cells. Therefore, they are not living. Does this make sense to you?
>>
>>17904649
>proving a negative
>>
>>17904649
Do you know what the Burden of Proof means? You genuine idiot
>>
>>17904552
London?
>>
>>17904597
Who let their autistic cousin find the "enlightened" part of Facebook
>>
>>17904500
But you only believe it as true if some guy on Youtube tells you it is?

That's what I don't get about half these conspiracy theorist junkies, they insult people for "believing whatever they are told by the mainstream media", yet they accept literally anything they are told, only by other crackpot conspiracy theorists online. They are just as gullible as everyone else, except they don't have a filter for what is rational.
>>
File: index.jpg (7KB, 277x182px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 277x182px
In the beginning God created the Heauen, and the Earth.
And the earth was without forme, and voyd, and darkenesse was vpon the face of the deepe: and the Spirit of God mooued vpon the face of the waters.
And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
And God saw the light, that it was good: and God diuided the light from the darkenesse.
And God called the light, Day, and the darknesse he called Night: and the euening and the morning were the first day.
And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters: and let it diuide the waters from the waters.
And God made the firmament; and diuided the waters, which were vnder the firmament, from the waters, which were aboue the firmament: and it was so.
And God called the firmament, Heauen: and the euening and the morning were the second day.
And God said, Let the waters vnder the heauen be gathered together vnto one place, and let the dry land appeare: and it was so.
And God called the drie land, Earth, and the gathering together of the waters called hee, Seas: and God saw that it was good.
>>
File: index.jpg (7KB, 306x164px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 306x164px
And God said, Let the Earth bring foorth grasse, the herbe yeelding seed, and the fruit tree, yeelding fruit after his kinde, whose seed is in it selfe, vpon the earth: and it was so.
And the earth brought foorth grasse, and herbe yeelding seed after his kinde, and the tree yeelding fruit, whose seed was in it selfe, after his kinde: and God saw that it was good.
And the euening and the morning were the third day.
And God said, Let there bee lights in the firmament of the heauen, to diuide the day from the night: and let them be for signes and for seasons, and for dayes and yeeres.
And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heauen, to giue light vpon the earth: and it was so.
And God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the starres also.
And God set them in the firmament of the heauen, to giue light vpon the earth:
And to rule ouer the day, and ouer the night, and to diuide the light from the darkenesse: and God saw that it was good.
And the euening and the morning were the fourth day.
And God said, Let the waters bring foorth aboundantly the mouing creature that hath life, and foule that may flie aboue the earth in the open firmament of heauen.
>>
And God created great whales, and euery liuing creature that moueth, which the waters brought forth aboundantly after their kinde, and euery winged foule after his kinde: and God saw that it was good.
And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitfull, and multiply, and fill the waters in the Seas, and let foule multiply in the earth.
And the euening and the morning were the fift day.
And God said, Let the earth bring forth the liuing creature after his kinde, cattell, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kinde: and it was so.
And God made the beast of the earth after his kinde, and cattell after their kinde, and euery thing that creepeth vpon the earth, after his kinde: and God saw that it was good.
And God said, Let vs make man in our Image, after our likenesse: and let them haue dominion ouer the fish of the sea, and ouer the foule of the aire, and ouer the cattell, and ouer all the earth, and ouer euery creeping thing that creepeth vpon the earth.
So God created man in his owne Image, in the Image of God created hee him; male and female created hee them.
And God blessed them, and God said vnto them, Be fruitfull, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it, and haue dominion ouer the fish of the sea, and ouer the foule of the aire, and ouer euery liuing thing that mooueth vpon the earth.
And God said, Behold, I haue giuen you euery herbe bearing seede, which is vpon the face of all the earth, and euery tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yeelding seed, to you it shall be for meat:
And to euery beast of the earth, and to euery foule of the aire, and to euery thing that creepeth vpon the earth, wherein there is life, I haue giuen euery greene herbe for meat: and it was so.
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 300x168px
And God saw euery thing that hee had made: and behold, it was very good. And the euening and the morning were the sixth day.
Thus the heauens and the earth were finished, and all the hoste of them.
And on the seuenth day God ended his worke, which hee had made: And he rested on the seuenth day from all his worke, which he had made.
And God blessed the seuenth day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his worke, which God created and made.
These are the generations of the heauens, & of the earth, when they were created; in the day that the LORD God made the earth, and the heauens,
And euery plant of the field, before it was in the earth, and euery herbe of the field, before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to raine vpon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.
But there went vp a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, & breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a liuing soule.
>>
>>17904594
Implying only one person in this whole thread has common sense.

Since we're in /x/, you're probably right.
>>
It is incomprehensible to them being deeply rooted in the worlds "ideas".
>>
>>17904340
>why are people on here so opposed to the idea that planets are living, sentient beings?

Because most people are not actually THAT dumb.
>>
>>17904340

Most aren't. But the idea of those beings visiting us is unnecessary.
>>
Superorganisms, let alone the minds of superorganisms are topics too meta for most folks.
That's not meant to be an insult to anyone, just a gripe about the nature of metacognition.
>>
>>17906816
>Im not crazy, Im actually far superior than normies, thats why they dont understand my metathings
>No offense
>>
>>17904500
>I only believe it's true if some half-assed crackpot labeled a scientist tells me so

I believe something is true based on clear, solid evidence that it's true, weighted for the degree of credibility of the claim being made.
>>
>>17906279
Inorite? Ever read the comments on some crackpot's youtube channel? They're sucking his cock, and he doesn't even have to make a claim.

I watched this one video of a guy "debunking CERN and Higgs Boson," and all he did was take another video of some guy explaining what the Higgs Boson was, and editing in clips from a Star Wars video game, of Jedi fighting each other with lightsabers. This apparently amounts to "proof" among youtube crackpots.
>>
Those who do not believe that the planet is alive has either drunk the religious koolaid or have not delved into enough varying science branches.
>>
>>17906861
There's also the third group of people- those who have never seen any evidence to support the claim.

And I'm pretty sure I've delved a lot deeper into varying scientific branches than you ever have.
>>
File: pepedevilcute.jpg (46KB, 396x482px) Image search: [Google]
pepedevilcute.jpg
46KB, 396x482px
>>17906842
Maybe you're just a retard.
>>
>>17904494

>even though shitty contemporary science claims that light is intelligent and changes form depending on observation.

no it doesn't.
>>
>>17904681
>>17904683
>>17906185
>>17906190

The question was
>why are people on here so opposed to the idea that planets are living, sentient beings?

You answer: Because its NOT alive.

You are the ones making a claim. YOU are claiming planets are NOT living, sentient beings.

YOU must put forth evidence to back your claim.

- Op
>>
>>17904340
Because we're not dopey Mormons.
>>
File: questionmark.jpg (32KB, 408x510px) Image search: [Google]
questionmark.jpg
32KB, 408x510px
Is asking loaded questions really the best way to bait people on image boards?
>>
>>17904340
Stanisław Lem, I thought you were dead.
>>
>>17906962
>YOU must put forth evidence to back your claim.

What can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. What's your next idea for a thread? 'Why are people in here so opposed to the idea of the earth being a cockring around Cthulhu's schlong?'
>>
>>17906962
Terrestrial planets are basically just big dumb rocks floating through space. If I said a rock wasn't alive, would you demand proof?

Let's take a look at traits living things share.

1. Homeostasis- living things maintain their internal conditions at a near constant, regardless of the environment. Perspiring or panting to lower body temp. Retaining or excreting salts during urination to maintain sodium levels. Increasing or decreasing rate of inhalation to maintain blood pH. Etc.

2. Organization. Living organisms are composed of cells. Planets are not. There's no structure, beyond having a core, mantle, and crust. That's just physics. Not biological organization.

3. Metabolism: both catabolic and anabolic. All living things consume energy and use it for organization and homeostasis and reproduction.

4. Growth- as a result of anabolic metabolism, living things grow. This growth is all across the organism, which is different than just increasing in matter.

5. Adaptation to the environment- not for an individual organism, but for a population of reproducing organisms over time, in the context of changing environments.

6. response to stimuli- if you poke a living thing with a needle it will respond. It will say ouch, kick you in the face, or exude sap.

7. Reproduction- rather self explanatory.

Planets do none of these things. They are big rocks in space. Or balls of gas in the case of gas giants.

There. Now it's your turn. The burden of proof is on you.
>>
>>17904340
Let's hear your argument then.
>>
>>17907015
>Terrestrial planets are basically just big dumb rocks floating through space

You start with a huge claim. Good job.

Then you proceed to give me evidence as to why planets ARE living beings.
Every one of those things you numbered except reproduction, are clearly evident of planet Earth.
Well, maybe response to stimuli is a bit harder to appreciate.

GG SCRUB
>>
To be considered alive, you need:
DNA
Reproducing methods that doesn't require another being to do it for you(as in a virus invading a living cell, not a woman carrying the male's sperm then carrying the zygote that results)
And have 1 or more cells making up your body.

Last time I checked planets aren't even made of organic material.
>>
>>17907097
>planets aren't even made of organic material.
Not to bright are we chap?
>>
>>17907059
how? what?
you cant just simply claim something
>>
>>17907104
The majority of the things it is "made of" is indeed not organic
>>
>>17906962
kek
Thats not how it works. You are making the claim here
>>
>>17907104
My car drips organic material on my driveway. It doesn't mean my car is alive.
>>
>>17906879
Delving does not equate understanding
>>
>>17907149
The word "organic" by scientific terms means composed primarily if carbon.
>>
>>17907169
My bag of charcoal has carbon in it. Is my coal alive? I put gasoline in my car is my car alive because the oil used to make the gas was once a living thing.
>>
>>17907169
You say that as if it makes you right you fucking retard
>>
>>17907164
You're the one who used the word delve,but yes, I understand science better than you to. Not that it's saying much.

>>17907169
The earth is mostly iron, oxygen, silicon and magnesium. The carbon amounts to a trace scattering of soot on the surface.
>>
>>17907179
I never stated as anything being alive due to being constructed of carbon, I merely stated a fact. The legal definition states "organic" as simply containing carbon, that's how companies that label their pesticides, for example, as "organic" does not mean it's safer or made of nontoxic ingredients but is simply carbon based.
>>
>>17907212
Your last statement doesn't give you much credit to your swath of scientific background.
>>
>>17907221
see
>>17907188
Everybody already knows what organic means you huge asshat
>>
>>17907228
Oh? Then by all means, provide the "correct" composition of the earth.
>>
>>17907221
The commercial definition of organic is fundamentally different than the scientific definition.

For food products, only food that has been certified to have been grown without the use of synthetic pesticides or hormones is labeled "organic."

Pesticides themselves, using the scientific definition, are organic, as they contain carbon.
>>
>>17904511
As a physics major, I can vouch for the silly numbers and chalk....
>>
>>17904511
If you're so smart, how come you're so dumb?
>>
>>17906850
Post it, I need a laugh
>>
Don't derail the thread.

- Op
>>
>>17907299
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqh4rPf-kJc

>>17907314
By all means, let's stay on track. What do you think the elemental composition of the earth is. And what evidence do you have for it being a sentient organism?
>>
>>17904340
>why are people on here so opposed
Disbelief. Other boards might see paid shills, but /x/ is not a board where it pays to shill. Everyone here speaks from a seat of genuine disbelief.
>>
>>17907314
What exactly do you see as off-topic?
The posts that refute your bullshit worldview?
>>
>>17904340
hey are you a looney
>>
>>17907342
Not sure he cares about the topic. If he did he's answer the questions.
>>
File: 1441485217243.png (1MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1441485217243.png
1MB, 2000x2000px
>>17907314
>the thread.

You mean the retarded bullshit you typed, because you're a fucking retard?
>>
>>17904340
because it is retarded and unless you provide data that even just suggests a slight chance of this being remotely plausible, everybody will laugh at your stupid mongo face
>>
>>17907389
are you done spamming that pic? Do you have no life? Virgin?
>>
>>17907389
Summerfags love that fake chart, they think it makes them Superman.
>>
>>17907396
>>17907397
the chart is obviously a joke
>>
>>17907397
>Summerfags love that fake chart

I trust you, you have a first person perspective on the issue.
>>
>>17907324
>And what evidence do you have for it being a sentient organism?

Let's use that other anon's post
>>17907015

>1. Homeostasis- living things maintain their internal conditions at a near constant, regardless of the environment.
Earth does. Obviously.

>Perspiring or panting to lower body temp.
Earth does. See attached gif.

>Retaining or excreting salts during urination to maintain sodium levels.
Ocean water is salty. Thanks.

>Increasing or decreasing rate of inhalation to maintain
Seasons on Earth have a slight variation every year. Again, see attached gif.

>2. Organization. Living organisms are composed of cells.Planets are not. There's no structure, beyond having a core, mantle, and crust. That's just physics. Not biological organization.

Living organisms are composed of multiple systems.Earth is obviously composed of multiple systems. It obviously has a defined structure. and each patr has its own defined purpose. In other words, it DOES have biological organization.

>All living things consume energy and use
Earth even has its own source of energy. The core. and it obviously uses said energy to function.

I won't even keep going. You SHOULD know all this since its some basic middle school science.
>>
File: BreathingEarth2-2.gif (962KB, 600x587px) Image search: [Google]
BreathingEarth2-2.gif
962KB, 600x587px
>>17907430
here's the gif.
my mistake
>>
>>17907430
>>17907434
>>
>>17906151
Only carbon based life douche
>>17906271
What? Enlightened part of Facebook? I am unawear of what it is you are referring to
>>17907015
1. Flow of magma can be seen as a type of perspiration, a mixture of liquidized minierals from within primarily used to support all bodily functions.

2. Define a cell? You will fast realise the composition of planets, suns and other celestial bodies resembles that of a cell. Not so much I textile composition but in function
3.earth uses soar radiation to maintain core and surface temperature, just because something's not growing does not mean it is not metabolizing.
4.refer to 3. And also the growth of the ecosystem comes from the earths metabolic process. You have you own ecosystem before you say the ecosystem exists only because of the things within it.
5. The earth has been addapting to the changes the human race have bought about and also celestial changes
6. So fungi responds to stimuli? ( yes I know it does, but not instantly like you imply) the earth also responds to stimuli refer to 5.
7.For this you rely on the fact that something needs to reproduce, only carbon bases life needs to reproduce, other forms are much more sustained and have had no evolutionary need to reproduce and only do so at the endo of a life cycle.

You can believe it's a dumb rock, but that goes to believe it has centience to be dumb in the first place idiot
>>
>>17907444
what a fucking waste of trips.

>>17907449
THANK YOU.

- Op
>>
>>17907466
What a fucking waste of oxygen.
>>
>>17907449
But even all this is off the point, this is debating weather or not earth is an organism
The point op makes is sentience not life. So is everyone trying to say all life is sentient? In which case I say what about tress you accept them as sentient, if not the you agree that not all life is sentient, leaving the question can sentience exist outside of our accepted view of life.
>>
>>17907430

>Earth does. Obviously.
Nope. Tip: think about the "regardless of the environment" part real hard

>>Perspiring or panting to lower body temp.
>Earth does. See attached gif.
>gif portray seasons
What? How do think the seasons are caused?
tip: the earth doesnt actively change its "body temperatur"

>Ocean water is salty.
oceans are also a part of the earth. no excreting happening

>In other words, it DOES have biological organization.
not at all, no. You just said, that everything that is "composed of multiple systems" has "biological organization". This is a misconception at best. Is your computer alive?

>Earth even has its own source of energy. The core. and it obviously uses said energy to function
It doesnt "use" the energy to function. The heat of the core mainly comes from extreme pressure and decaying radioactive materials.
And btw., the main energy source is the sun.
>>
bitches dont know about muh Boltzmann Brains
>>
>>17907474
>The point op makes is sentience not life
don't speak for me, person.

>the idea that planets are living, sentient beings?
>>
>>17907396
>Virgin
Kill yourself back to facebook

>>17907397
>Summerfags
Confirmed for one
>>
>>17907449
>flow of magma can be seen as a type of perspiration

No, it can't. Flow of magma is due entirely to convection. Convection is caused be heating, which is caused by radioactive decay. Once the radioactive decay stops, the earth cools, magma stops flowing. The earth will remain a planet, neither living nor dead, not unlike Mars. This is not homeostasis whatsoever.

>define a cell

A cell is the smallest structural and functional unit of life. It can reproduce on its own, contains the organisms's DNA, and carries out metabolism.

>compostion of planets suns and other celestbail bodies resemble cells

In no way shape or form is this true. Cells are mostly water contained within a phospholipid bilayer membrane, usually containing many organelles with the same sort of membrane. Planets on the other hand are terrestrial, composed of iron silicon and oxygen, or gas giants composed of hydrogen or methane, whereas stars are mostly hydrogen. Even ignoring composition, they are utterly unalike in structure as well.

>The earth uses solar radiation to maintain core and surface temperature

The earth does no such thing. The earth's core temperature is simply a function of its age and composition. It's surface temperature is a function of its orbit and atmosphere. It does nothing to actively maintain any of this.

>just because something's not growing doesn't mean it's not metabolizing

Never claimed it did. If a living organism has stopped growing then anabolic and catabolic metabolism have reached an equilibrium. The earth never had metabolism, nor did it ever grow. Note: gaining mass and growing are two different things. If I shovel dirt onto a pile, the pile gains mass, but it doesn't mean the dirt pile is alive and growing.

>The earth has been adapting to changes the human race brought

Changing is not the same thing as adapting. The earth is not evolving over generations, The earth does not have generations, as it does not reproduce
>>
>>17907477
>>17907505
Why are you so opposed to the idea that the planet Earth is a living, sentient being?

waste of dubs btw
>>
>>17907449
>so fungi respond to stimuli

of course

>so does the earth

Not a biological response, it doesn't. Hitting a baseball with a bat and having it fly through the air and is not a stimulus response. It's a cause and effect.

>only carbon bases (sic) life needs to reproduce

Being able to reproduce is a basic fundamental definition of life. If there were some silicon based life forms on a hypothetical different planet, they would still reproduce.

>It has to have centience (sic) to be a dumb rock

It's a figure of speech. Dumb rocks have no sentience. Comparatively, dumb anons such as yourself do have sentience, and should know better.
>>
File: 1465999680956.jpg (207KB, 1440x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1465999680956.jpg
207KB, 1440x1440px
>>17907511
Shut up, retard.
>>
>>17907449
>earth uses soar radiation to maintain core and surface temperature
no
it gets passively blasted by the sun
If I throw some bread in the toaster, would you say "it USES the radiation to get nice and crispy"?
>>
>>17907511
see

>>17904431
>>
>>17907520
why would it be a stupid idea?
>>
>>17907536
Because it was posted by you.
>>
>>17907536
It betrays a basic, fundamental lack of understanding about how both planets and living things work.
>>
>>17907505
First, compare the Earth with a Mother Cell.
Assume that biosphere is the “life cycles” (including reproduction) of the Earth. It carries out all the activities of the cell.
Atmosphere and hydrosphere are corresponding to the cytoplasm of the cell.
Then Ozonosphere and Exosphere are inner and outer membranes respectively.
Gravity is the force to hold the cell.
The major difference between the living tissues and the offspring laid on the presence of the brains i.e. a central nerve system, which responsible for all thinking.
It clearly defines the boundaries between living tissues of this giant organism (the Earth) and the offspring (e.g. animals – including insects, human beings etc.). The former is photosynthetic. They support the bottom of the food chains and transform the only energy in-take i.e. sunlight into her “life cycles”. In another word, light is the initial input of the biosphere. It is also a “rearing behaviors” of this giant organism to the offspring.
Afterwards, we extend the structural comparisons to the mantle and core. They are chromatin and nucleus respectively. Lithosphere is the nucleus envelope. Mantle (Chromatin ) protects the nucleus from any intrusions. According to a recent study, inner core and outer core rotate in a different speed. However, our knowledge on it is very limited. By referring to the above, the presence of the thinking region – the central nerve system in neuroscience / the brains – decides the differences between the offspring (results of reproduction and the true definition of living things) and the living tissues. The presence of the nucleus (in this case, it is correspondingly the core of our planet Earth) decides the level of lives. A higher level of lives gives birth to the others.

Read em and weap mother fucker
>>
>>17907511
lol, nice comeback

OP BTFO
>>
File: 1467056482921.jpg (27KB, 293x302px) Image search: [Google]
1467056482921.jpg
27KB, 293x302px
>>17907556
Where do:

chloroplast (plastid)
endoplasmic reticulum
Flagellum
Golgi apparatus
mitochondria
vacuole
acrosome
autophagosome
centriole
cilium
eyespot apparatus
glycosome
glyoxysome
hydrogenosome
lysosome
melanosome
mitosome
myofibril
nematocyst
nucleolus
parenthesome
peroxisome
proteasome
ribosome (80S)
vesicle

and

Stress granule

Fit into this picture?
>>
>>17907472
yeah 4chan is full of faggot like you
>>
>>17907556
>mother cell

Alright

>assume the biosphere is the life cycle including reproduction of the earth

Already off the rails. If the earth were reproducing you'd have two or more earths.

Furthermore, while the biosphere contains reproduction, that doesn't mean the earth does.

You can reproduce bacteria in a petri dish, this doesn't mean the petri dish is alive.

Atmosphere and hydrosphere are corresponding cytoplasm.

If you were going to compare the earth to a cell, then the molten mantle would be cytoplasm. And it doesn't care any of the functions of cytoplasm at all.

>ozonosphere and exosphere are inner and outer membranes

Why? There is more to being a membrane then being a layer.

>gravity is the force to hold the cell

gravity is the force that holds the earth together. It's not the force which holds cells together.

>The major difference between the living tissues and the offspring laid on the presence of the brains i.e. a central nerve system, which responsible for all thinking.

Wut? Brains make things alive? You're discounting the vast majority of living things have no brains or nervous systems. The earth lacking a brain does not make it a living thing.

>the mantle is the chromatin

chromatin is DNA, along with all the relevant proteins used to package the DNA. It is essential for reproduction. It does not protect the nucleus of the cell from intrusions. Neither does the mantle protect the core from intrusions, except by just covering it up.

You are again displaying you have no understanding of biology. Or geology for that matter.

This is basically a stoner going "Whoa, dude, in an atom, the electrons revolve around the nucleus. What if like the whole solar system were just like one big atom, man!" level of retardation.
>>
>>17907568
All from different tryps of cells? And your going into actual chemical compisition also, and as such it it were the exact same as some other cell it wouls not be a planet but instead what ever cell it is exactly the same as. are trying to say that all cells are composes of the exact same things some cells, especially those older ones are a lot simpler. Do you even know the evolution of DNA from TNA
>>
>>17907556
Thank you.

I really don't get why these idiots are so negative about this.

Planets being living, sentient beings is one of the most awesome things i could think of.

The evidence is clear. Only a living organism can make more life. if the Earth was not a living being, then there would be no life on it.

Come on , even the days we fucking live are named after planets.

- Op
>>
>>17907593
>And your going into actual chemical compisition also, and as such it it were the exact same as some other cell it wouls

No, i'm asking the equivalent of all those things. Otherwise, you're just describing a multi layered ball.
>>
>>17907598
b8
>>
>>17907600
>you're just describing a multi layered ball.
and you are a multi layered sack of flesh and shit. not a living sentient being.

since you know, if we compare the composition of a bacteria and a human. completely different but yet both are alive

its like you WANT to be stupid
>>
>>17907621
>let's compare the earth to a mother cell
> b b but muh bacteria

Lol retard
>>
>>17907591
I will admit my knowledge is limited as I am not going to spend my life eesearchig something that does nothing but explain what is happening, I would rather do something that bears results

But you seem unawear that DNA is an evolution of TNA, can assume the same structure major difference being it is threose based and not ribasone based. For some reason you seem to think earth should be as advanced in its structure as thing evolved hundreds of thousands of generations. Just because it is older doesn't mean it is more advanced in structure, in fact moresoe the opposie
>>
>>17907621
>since you know, if we compare the composition of a bacteria and a human. completely different but yet both are alive

That's a pretty bad example because a human isn't a single celled organism. Oh way, you are one.
>>
/x/ retards are rather amusing
>>
>>17907636
>For some reason you seem to think earth should be as advanced in its structure as thing evolved hundreds of thousands of generations.

You need that kind sophistication for a system not to follow the Newtonian laws of physics passively, otherwise a fucking pebble is alive.
>>
>>17907642
>human isn't a single celled organism
that was the point you giant retard
>>
>>17907636
But Anon, TNA is just an evolution of QNA.

Holy fuck is this board shit.
>>
>>17907642
>>17907642
That's the logic naysayers here are using.

>the planet Earth can't be a living sentient being because its shape, form, composition, behaviour, ect is so different to that of humans.

And its fucking stupid, ignorant and against everything science represents.

Let's examine that idiot logic.
>Jellyfish are not living sentient beings because their shape, form, composition, behaviour, ect is completely different from humans.

See how stupid you guys look?
>>
>>17907683
In one post you compare earth (a single cell per your claim) with a 'mother cell', i just extended that comparison with including all the cell organelles. And then you say that is exactly the same as trying to compare a human (multi celled organism) with bacteria (single celled). You're the giant retard, m8.
>>
>>17907636
>I'm not going to bother learning science, I'm more comfortable just believing whatever I want, because

Yeah, you and creationists, flat earthers, and so on.

>TNA evolved from DNA

Fine, but that's neither here nor there. The earth doesn't have any genetic material in any form, because it doesn't reproduce

>You seem to think the earth should be advanced in structure

I think it only needs to be advanced enough to be capable of reproduction, homeostasis, metabolism, and so on. That is life. If you want it to be alive, then it has to meet at least the basic definitions of life.
>>
>>17907692
Jellyfish reproduce. They have an organized structure. They have metabolism. They have homeostasis. They evolved to their environment, etc.

Jellyfish are alive and they meet the definition of life. Nobody said anything about form or composition.
>>
>>17907692
see
>>17907696

You're shifting the goal posts.
>>
>>17907705
>the definition of life
that's your weak spot. imma let you figure out why.

>>17907713
except i'm not the one comparing Earth to a cell
>>
>>17904340
cuz its 100% irrational like saying my bubblegum is sentient... come on..
>>
>>17904340
This might be the most retarded OP I've ever seen.
>>
>>17907745
>the definition of life is a weak spot

You might think so, but that's the agreed upon definition of life by scientists, philosophers and basically anybody who's functionally literate.

You might have a problem with it, but it's your own problem.

If one were to change the definition of life to where planets are living sentient things, then the term "life" would become meaningless.
>>
>>17907745
>that's your weak spot
Man's definition on life is meaningless because he has yet to figure it out, life simply Is.
>>
>>17907841
still missing the point.
>>
>>17907849
>life simply is

So anything is alive and sentient then, because "life is." Rocks are alive and sentient because life is. And bulldozers. And bubblegum. And billboards.

You see how the meaning becomes pointless? So we stick with the definition. You're just plain wrong.
>>
>>17907686
Your making shit up right, what is qna other than question and answer
>>17907696
Also I compared earth to a single cell organism and never mentioned comparison between single cell and multi cell that was some other anon
>>
>>17907893
that's bait
>>
I'm glad there's some actually non retarded people on /x/. Because this shit is much more retarded than the flatearthers or people who believe they can summon a succubus or a succubus(male)
>>
people arent opposed to it op. weak b8 desu. a living planet would be like the big geti star or pandora. or maybe simpler. like a giant colonial organism. who knows maybe our robots will form one some day in the future.
>>
>>17904340
Nothing living is truly hollow. Stop making /x/ a house of lies
>>
Hay guys, I got tired of trolling people by pretending to be a flat-Earther. What other fun roleplay options are there?

"Well, I dunno, you could try to claim that the Earth is alive and sentient and defend your claim by twisting definitions, exploiting semantics, and engaging in unwarranted abstraction to make people rage using your leaps of illogic."

THANKS mysterious voice! I'll sign up right away!
>>
OP kill yourself go back to /x/ you cuck... stop ruining our board with ur shitshow
>>
>>17908021
>unwarranted
Hello CIA
>>
>>17904340
Because it's absurd and goes against all experimental evidence ever recorded in every branch of science
Thread posts: 145
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.