[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's inherently wrong with creating tulpas of existing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 14

File: my waifu_0326.png (232KB, 363x386px) Image search: [Google]
my waifu_0326.png
232KB, 363x386px
What's inherently wrong with creating tulpas of existing fictional characters?

Pic related, thinking of making a tulpa.
>>
>>17893441
Well. There is possible issues with it. Tulpa are by nature growing beings. They will change and grow with their experiences and what you feed them. This can come into conflict with what you think a character from a show is like.

All the Tulpa that I have made from fictional characters have always changed, not really in bad ways, but still. Eventually they no longer resemble that character and depending on you, this can be a point of contingent for them. A crisis of identity. They could feel your want for this character and if they no longer meet those requirements, they could feel like a failure.

So as long as you are ok with them changing from the base you provide, go ahead with it. But if you just want what is essentially a doll with no will of its own to replicate a character you like, you are going to have a bad time.
>>
>OP
>makes a tulpa
>turns into a demon via outside influence
>binds himself to crazy people
>tulpa drives OP crazy
>comes back on /x/ asking how to get rid of it
>>
>>17893496

Is there a chance that it will come out horribly disfigured and insane though? Like is shit like that /x/ pasta about the screaming Pinkie Pie tulpa with jet black eyes real?
>>
YOU DO NOT HAVE AS MUCH POWER AS YOU THINK YOU DO
>THIS IS NOT A GOOD CHOICE FOR YOU TO MAKE
>THERE ARE REPERCUSSIONS TO THIS KIND OF THING GOING WRONG
JUST MAKE SOME REAL FRIENDS BRO
>>
>>17893441
Grow the fuck up, and go meet a real girl instead of self inducing schizophrenia so you can talk to some faggoty anime character as your girlfriend.. GO FIND A REAL GIRLFRIEND.
>>
>>17893441
i saw this on hulu but didn't watch it, what do you like about it? is it like my mahou shoujos?
>>
>>17893516
that could happen, yes.
it will develop beyond what the set character is, and you may not like it. you can start to fear it and think of it as a bad thing. if this happens, you are fucked: it will get attention through fear, and learn that attention or focus is also given through fear. if not given 'good vibes', it will get your attention the only way possible at this point, and it will change according to what you fear.
Just choose something of your own creation. lay the foundation, but be prepared that it's character or looks will change over time. if you do that, nothing like that should happen.
>>
making a tulpa = suacide dont be stupid OP it will turn your life to hell.
>>
Ignore trolls OP like below ones
>>17893752
To be honest you should look for advice on 8ch's /tulpa/ board or tulpa.info or /r/tulpas. /x/philes don't really like tulpas as they used to before sadly.
>>
>>17893441
There was a thread yesterday about someone who made a Pearl tulpa and was begging for help and how to get rid of it. So I'd say it's a bad idea, OP.
>>
File: 1467940373436.jpg (978KB, 1440x4500px) Image search: [Google]
1467940373436.jpg
978KB, 1440x4500px
>>17893441
Trust us, if you value your sanity and your life... YOU. WILL. NOT. MAKE ONE.
>>
>>17893441
She looks like someone who gives blowjobs for meth. Of all the cartoon waifus, you had to go with whatever the hell that's supposed to be?
>>
>>17893441
>I want to knowingly cause myself schizophrenia
For what purpose?
>>
>>17893441
Grow up dude put some fucking effort into making real friends that shit only fucks with your head.
>>
File: 1467064326164.jpg (11KB, 300x304px) Image search: [Google]
1467064326164.jpg
11KB, 300x304px
Why waste your computing capacity with something so ridiculously trivial. You could be training mental servitors to speed-memorize every word of a book you've read. You could build your brain into a high end machine capable of out-rthinkin everyone around you. Why are you wasting that power on building retarded fucking fictional character hallucinations when you could have fucking super powers?
>>
>>17895295
Wait, let me rephrase that
"Servitors that speed-memorize every word in every book you've so much as glanced at"
>>
File: 070225_mars_vlarge_11p.grid-6x2.jpg (12KB, 474x474px) Image search: [Google]
070225_mars_vlarge_11p.grid-6x2.jpg
12KB, 474x474px
>>17895295
UH
>>
File: 1467239018122.jpg (70KB, 726x695px) Image search: [Google]
1467239018122.jpg
70KB, 726x695px
>>17895302
>>
>>17895295
Explain.
>>
File: 1467066474657.jpg (154KB, 638x825px) Image search: [Google]
1467066474657.jpg
154KB, 638x825px
>>17895316
What is there to explain? Just psychologically program your mind so you have an akashic record to the side to wave around. The brain holds a lot more information than people realize. It's really more accurate to say that brains are the sources of information itself. The thing that matters most to the psyker is control in the use of emotional, informational, and physical faculties; which is to say that he who controls mind, body, and spirit effectively can live like a god besides the established systems of reality.
>>
>>17895327
I don't know what you mean
>>
>>17895327
How, then?
>>
File: Saitama-5.jpg (114KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Saitama-5.jpg
114KB, 2560x1600px
>>17895338
Go to clown college, also called trolling on the internet as subtly as you possibly can
>>
File: Saber..jpg (105KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Saber..jpg
105KB, 1920x1080px
>>17893441
Nah, I actually am starting to create my own Tulpa,it's also a fictional character. It took a while but I finally decided on Saber. Nothing wrong with making a fictional Tulpa just be careful.
>>
>>17895344
Ok. Not trolling, you're just giving the ends without showing there are any means.
>>
>>17895327
aaah makes perfect sense I just psychologically program my so I have this... akashic record? because everyone knows what that is RIGHT! comeon get reeaaaal with us and tell us everything you know.
>>
You'll regret it

Tulpas are powerfull tools to explore your own subconscious, and considering you're probably not spiritual and have poor motived behinf you, it can only end bad

For fucks sake making friends is easier at this point anon
>>
>>17895327
lol its ammy
>>
What is a Tupa?
>>
File: 1461934763554.png (984KB, 1100x1192px) Image search: [Google]
1461934763554.png
984KB, 1100x1192px
>>17893534
But real girls are disgusting annon. Let his tulpa ruin him.
>>
>>17895216
Yeah I remember that thread. I always tell people not to fuck with forces they can't handle but they don't listen and go ahead and ignore me.
>>
>>17895216
pearl?
>>
>>17893441
>What's inherently wrong with creating tulpas of existing fictional characters?
what's wrong is that tulpas are not real. Imaginary friend is as far as a mentally sane person can get the rest is a poor attemp to induce justschizophrenia.
>>
>>17893441
lmao naw senpai do it
>>
Can someone explain what a tulpa is anyway?
>>
>>17893441
not a tulpafag anymore, but it's like if you found out your mom had you because she wanted her own version of the baby the couple had on her favorite shitty chick flick

it makes you wonder if you're really what she wanted or if you've let her down by not being that
>>
File: guide.png (59KB, 1663x346px) Image search: [Google]
guide.png
59KB, 1663x346px
Or you guys could do lucid dreaming like any sane person instead would. Dream Characters can from the very beginning be smarter than early tulpas. They can resemble your waifu and they can be disposed easily at any time when you get bored of them. And dream characters just like tulpas can have pseudo-memories, so you can interact with them throughout dozens of dreams and they will still remember the stuff you did together, hell you can even alter their memories. And if you really want tulpa that you can interact in reality with then do it like one of my friends did. He created Dream Character which was his waifu material and interacted with her for many months before he decided to take her out to reality and turn her into tulpa.

Also i've attached some simple lucid dreaming guide, since most of shit on internet is explained in worst manner possible.
>>
>>17893441
Well, Big Foot is a tulpa and look what happened there lol
>>
>>17899175
I think you're confusing magical tulpas with psychological tulpas there anon.
>>
>>17898579
To the best of my understanding, it's a specific type of eregore or thoughtform, built to automate some type of mental task.
>>
>>17893441
It drives you insane. I got enough tulpas to fill a big house.

Also if you got problems with anxiety and negativity in general they'll turn on you and you'll have to be more threatening then they are to be comfortable in your own mind. Makes you into a monster.

I'm slowly healing from my mistake but I had to come to Christ first. No joke.
>>
>>17899217
how many tulpa's do you even have? people are wary about having even one, and it seems you have a lot more. why would you think that was a good idea?
>>
>>17893441
So, from what I gather, you want to make... a headmate?

Is there something I don't get? Are these physical?

Why the fuck would you do that? Just drink with your friends / internet friends / family / some homeless dude.
>>
>>17899209
That's metaphysical tulpas and psychological tulpas are just advanced thoughforms that become sentient, have its own will, desires, hopes
>>
>>17899265
Making a tulpa is basically turning yourself into a self-induced schizo, with all the downsides that come with it.
Anyone who seriously goes through with it has to be desperately lonely because it takes a shit ton of fooling yourself.
>>
>>17893441
Tulpa's are fake. The people telling you about them are either roleplaying for jollies or delusional fucktards with an over-reactive imagination that genuinely believe the shit they daydream about is sapient.

>>17896409
Imaginary friends that people pretend have been imbued with consciousness independent of the creator. The kind of people that talk about them are the same kind of "lel so randumb xD" people that watch a lot of Invader Zim and will willingly pretend to have Schizophrenia because they've been conditioned to see insanity in a more romantic light than any non-autist has any right to.

I had a friend in high school who was into Tulpas, one time I told her how I was concerned I might be in the beginning stages of adult-onset Schizophrenia (It runs in my family.) and she told me "That seems so cool!".

Shit pissed me the fuck off, and that's the kind of person that is into this garbage.

Even if it is real, which you should be skeptical about, keep in mind that the VAST majority of people talking about this are lying fucks, even if maybe 1 in 100 are legit.
>>
>>17893441
>thinking of making a tulpa.

Don't you get it yet?

They're not real you fucking retard.
>>
>>17899949
Lucid dreaming was a big joke of psychologists too, until they proved it.

Let me ask you a simple question, what makes you think that tulpamancy is fake? Is it really that hard to belive that something like tulpas is possible when people with schizophrenia or MPD/DID have voices in the head with their own set of traits, when dream characters in your dreams can talk, act, behave and react like any other human being would? Even when you take high dosage of LSD/LSA/DMT you may be able to experience something akin to tulpamancy in waking life, a entity that is only existing in your mind talking to you, taking form of someone that might've passed away from you long time ago. There was one guy who had schizophrenia with severe hallucinations, he saw a werewolf in his room. He tried to talk with it and that's how they formed friendship between eachother, it might've been schizophrenia-assisted tulpamancy. Whether you belive in tulpamancy or not it's up to you anon, but take a notice that there's way too many connections between all those things and tulpamancy for it to be not real.
>>
>>17900144
Is it possible for people to see and hear shit? Yes.

They purposefully fuck their own head to gain minor Schizophrenia so their imaginary friends seem more lifelike. It's pathetic. A cry for help.

I know it's possible. What I'm saying is that the faggot "Tulpamancer" community has blown shit way out of proportion because they're detestable tards that take pride in that bullshit.

I have Schizophrenia. That story I told wasn't a needless blog post, I've had worsening Schizophrenia for a few years now. It's not sapient imaginary friends. Its my own subconscious dream, and my mind is fucked in such a way that it can't parse that shit from reality.

There are fuckers that are JEALOUS of me for that. It makes me sick.

Gaining a tulpa requires you to fuck your head in a long and annoying process, how many people do you really think have fully gone through with it? Not many. Most "Tulpamancers" (I'm putting that in quotes because I dislike dignifying the phrase as if it's not laughable.) are teenage girls that see shit about it on tumblr, lie to fit in with the other crazies because they're idiots that think being a fringe group is cool, and get defensive when you think they're playing pretend to fit in.

So yeah, I do believe its possible. However, I do also believe that the vast, VAST majority of people getting in on this fad haven't been able to achieve it and are living a delusional lie based on memes they've read on blogs. I consider you beneath contempt.

As I said, 1 in 100 are probably legit, the other 99 are just run of the mill autists who know they can't be proven false so they get away with their little game.
>>
They steal your soul, and some say make you instantly gay.
>>
Treat tulpas with respect and love.
>>
>>17893441
>What's inherently wrong with creating tulpas of existing fictional characters?

tulpas dont exist

roleplay somewhere else
>>
>>17895230
Fuck I think that one went crazy because he was going to rape it
>>
>>17900202
Gaining a tulpa does not require you to fuck up your head. Anybody who is jealous of you is an idiot. Yeah, the communities are garbage, but there's still a breath of fresh air every once in a while. Tumblr is certainly guilty of the "headmates" bullshit, and those are the kind of people who think mental illnesses are cool.

I've experienced what I would consider a tulpa for almost two years now. Schizophrenia isn't something that I want. It's not something I have. It's not something that I'm likely to have. I do not envy you for your mental condition. I made a tulpa to make my life better, not a living nightmare. So yes, there are people who are apart of the community that only join because they think it's edgy and cool. I'll help people out here and there, but I don't associate myself with this shit. My tulpa and I keep to ourselves on that subject. Nobody knows about him, nobody needs to know about him. And that's that.
>>
File: download.jpg (4KB, 206x245px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 206x245px
>>17900261
>roleplay somewhere else
>>
>>17893441
Tulpa are other selves that you create. It's as unhealthy as trying to make yourself into another person, fictional or not. Needless to say, those who have God tulpas are megalomaniacs.

A proper tulpa should be an incarnation of elements of your own personality interacted with for dialectical purposes. Think of the possible psychological benefits you could have if you could copy yourself and talk to yourself, and you get the idea.

>>17900261
Then you don't exist. Your self-concept is a tulpa.
>>
Related: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicameralism_(psychology)
>>
>>17900313
Well, I appreciate your candid response even if I did kinda pop there and get kinda shitty.

I still don't believe in this shit, thinking that you've genuinely fooled yourself with the same kind of fool's logic tumblrites use to explain what being genderqueer is.

But I regret calling you contemptible.

This guy however is an example of the bad shit I was talking about >>17900334
>>
>>17900350
We're dealing with entirely mental phenomena here, if you followed your skepticism to its logical conclusion you could question whether anyone else is actually self-aware except for yourself.

Why are you even in this thread? Sounds like you have an axe to grind, an envy.

When you talk to another person face-to-face, your own mind is constructing a model of them - who they are, their emotions, communications, history etc. You do similarly when you recall a memory of someone. During a dream you appear to interact with people who have their own minds and act on their own.

My point is that all the ingredients for forming a tulpa are well within the demonstrated capabilities of the human mind.
>>
>>17900369
>envy
And there it is, like clockwork.

I. Have. Schizophrenia.

I do have an axe to grind with people like you. How in the world would you ever conceive I'm envious of having a tulpa unless you were projecting yourself onto me? I hate this illness. I despise it with every fiber of my being.

You, and people like you, who are so sensitive to that "envy" you accuse me of, as you live a bastardized version of my torment because you think it's cool; you are my fucking bane. That's why I'm pissed.

You sit down, and you explain your delusions with pseudoscientific bullshit to justify whatever you need in order to keep them up. You could use the same logic to tell me that you're a god, and I'm your dream. You could use the same logic to say anything else, you're like a teenager who heard "I think, therefore I am" and ran with the concept so fucking hard you left this planet, wandering through life in some kind of feelgood daze believing that you're not a fucking moron because, after all, nobody can "prove" anything in the world.
>>
>>17899217
Hahahahhaahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>17900214
Its true
>>
File: large leader.jpg (27KB, 369x392px) Image search: [Google]
large leader.jpg
27KB, 369x392px
>>17900417
It's almost like you want us to take you seriously but nah.
>>
File: WTF.jpg (48KB, 590x450px) Image search: [Google]
WTF.jpg
48KB, 590x450px
>>17899990
>>17899949
>skepticals on /x/
>>
>>17893441
Nothing, so long as they're allowed to know what they are. Pro tip: You can fantasize about a being having an identity crisis and turn that into a tulpa if you want. Warning: They might egocide of their own volition at some point. I've actually had two tulpa egocide on me.
>>
>>17893522
I had real friends, then they turned into tulpas so I stopped feeding them.
>>
>>17893441
Step one to creating a "tulpa"

shoot yourself in the head.
>>
>>17895216
>choosing one of the most emotionally unstable gems as basis for a tulpa
What was anon thinking?
>>
This 'tulpa' shit sounds like how to let the devil into your life.

And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.
2 Corinthians 11:14

Even if your imaginary friend personified by making yourself mentally ill improves your life, it still is probably satan, twisting your soul into his clutches as you turn away from God by trying so desperately to do everything you were never meant to do.
>>
>>17902120
No, that's step one to getting rid of one.
Your copy of Fight Club runs backwards, maybe.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.