[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to get into tarot cards, any experienced tarot card readers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: riderwaite_0.jpg (49KB, 556x309px) Image search: [Google]
riderwaite_0.jpg
49KB, 556x309px
I want to get into tarot cards, any experienced tarot card readers have any recommendations when it comes to picking out a deck?
>>
>>17893387
Golden Dawn deck
>>
>>17893387
I recommend Morgan Greer. It's a variation on the Rider Waite, but the pictures are more vibrant and clear.
>>
>>
>>17893387
The deck, that feels right to you
>>
>>17893387
Universal Tarot
>>
>>17893387
it's not that deep. you won't know how much you like a deck until you are holding the cards in your hands. so buy one you are drawn to, whatever reason that may be, and test it out.
>>
>>17893453
This. But if you can't settle on one, I recommend the classic Rider Waite. There's tons of good beginner material to learn, and it's a very straightforward deck to start with. I know very experienced readers who still use their original Rider Waite deck.
>>
>>17893429
>>17894071
Tgis, variations of rider are best for learning. I have Gilded Tarot which is a variation with very vibrant colors and for me, the style is very easy to interpret.
>>
>>17893453
I'm going to argue against this. They're liable to go home with an inscrutable novelty deck that just looks cool. That's fine later on when you know the cards inside and out, but they would be awful for learning.
>>
Pick the deck thag you are most drawn to. Don't let someone else buy your deck for you, don't use someone else's deck, and don't let someone else use your deck.
That's basically it besides cleansing your cards. Tarot is pretty safe and easy.
Have fun~
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (230KB, 1498x1351px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
230KB, 1498x1351px
You don't even need a physical deck, just use an app or a website. The tarot is a lot more flexible than something like ritual work or I Ching.
>>
>>17893387
I recommend you choose a deck that "speaks" to you.
I personally prefer Thoth tarot, but I also like using Osho Zen tarot at times, depending what I want to achieve.
I don't think any deck is better than the other, it's just what you yourself best relate to.
>>
Best way is to study each card online thrn make your own deck. Imagery is very important in cards so if you have a 100% clear understanding of every card (since you made them) you can get accurate readings
>>
>>17893387
If you are just getting in, I would recommend Rider Waite or Egyptian Tarot.
Rider can be use with only 22 cards at the very begining, and then you can use the other 56 at time. Egyptian one offers you clean readings at the begining, that can be more specific when you learn them all.
Anyways, if you are going to get/buy/create one, i would higly recommend to "follow your spirit" and get the deck that calls you. And by this I mean that if you are in the store and one deck calls your attention, just get that one. I know what I'm saying~
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.