[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am into the occult but I want some kind of moral discipline.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

File: 1437367078779.png (388KB, 439x535px) Image search: [Google]
1437367078779.png
388KB, 439x535px
I am into the occult but I want some kind of moral discipline.

Is there anything like that besides Christianity but Christianity is boring.
>>
>>17885537

Humanism is nice.
>>
>>17885537
I have to disagree OP. If you really go in depth into Christian belief, there are some very interesting concepts. For example, Christ made man with His hands knowing that it would be man that crucified Him. Also, that He died on the cross willingly (Mathew 26:53 Do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father, and he will at once send me more than twelve legions of angels?)

Just saying, OP, (like a lot of other beliefs) there is a lot more to Christianity than people (including some Christians) know.
>>
christianity is a cult of human sacrifice
>>
>>17885537
> Christianity is boring.

No, it's not.
>>
>>17885821
Not so, it's a cult of God sacrifice. Jesus wasn't a man who became God, He was God who became man, and then sacrificed.
>>
>>17885854
he was sacrificed when he was a man
a human
a human sacrifice
a cult of human sacrifice

if he had been sacrificed as a god it would be a cult of god sacrifice
>>
You're boring.
>>
>>17885537
Also, OP, think of H.P. Lovecrafts Ancient Ones. To look at one is to risk losing your sanity. When Moses communed with God (around the same time that he received the ten commandments) he asked God if he could see His face. God refused the request because it would have literally killed Moses. Instead God allowed him to see His back, and when Moses came down the mountain after seeing the backside of God's enormity, Moses' face shown like the sun (which could be interpreted that the hair on his face and head had turned white).
>>
>>17885867
>trying to make the bible seem cool by using lovecraft

you're exceptionally lame
>>
>>17885867
I heard that "his face shone" can be translated as "he had horns" - hence why there are statues of moses with horns.
>>
>>17885858
Well, if you read the Bible, you'll see that Jesus was still fully God in His human form. Only God could absorb God's wrath entirely, and that's what Christ did on the cross.
>>
>>17885871
What is so different? In Lovecraft Lore we have beings that could destroy you by the mere sight of them due to their "other worldliness" and then you have essentially the same thing in Christianity. Isn't that supposed to be what a God is? Something so alien and advanced that our humanity can't handle the truth of it?
>>
>>17885878
it'd be cooler if jesus never came back and the bible was about how man killed god.
>>
>>17885854
>He was God who became man

Never happened, so kind of kills the whole idea.
>>
>>17885876
Never heard of that before, but I don't see why it couldn't be true. SOMETHING was different about him.
>>
>>17885886
what I'm saying is that lovecraft is just lame wordy horror stories that people who go on deviantart like.

and the bible is lame, too.

I'm just saying these things are lame
>>
>>17885891
I didn't say it DID happen. I'm just saying that it's more interesting than people give credit. Just because Cthulhu isn't real (as far as we know) doesn't mean it's any less interesting.
>>
>>17885898
Eh, to each his own.
>>
>>17885899

I like my reality. It's more interesting than fantasy.
>>
File: whack a spook.jpg (33KB, 480x400px) Image search: [Google]
whack a spook.jpg
33KB, 480x400px
ITT: pseuds
>>
File: tippingintensifies.gif (141KB, 287x344px) Image search: [Google]
tippingintensifies.gif
141KB, 287x344px
>>17885912
>>
>>17885898
>I won't look into a religion because it's lame
What are you, twelve?
>>
>>17885537
The O9A has a moral code of honour you filthy, filthy mundane.
>>
>>17885957
But it satanic.
>>
>>17885537
Chaos Magick
You can believe in anything. Karma, Abrahamic, whatever
>>
>>17885537
Look into Orthodoxy and the Mystical / Monastic experience.

Some works:
- The Orthodox Church / Orthodox Way
- Sayings of the Desert Fathers
- Cloud of Unknowing
- Philokalia
>>
>>17885858
except christians worship the thing which was sacrificed, they don't worship a common man. so it's not so much a cult of human sacrifice as a cult of christ sacrifice.
>>
>>17885537
>Christianity is boring

But you have never been a christian.

>I went to church!

So you could worship Ba'al?

Because the church where you have gone is a false church that teaches the ways of some "lord" which is the modern language word for "BAAL" ( a demon) meaning that you neither know the ways of christians (or however the original religion was called) nor of the one true God.

For instance, /x/ has a huge boner for "christianity" lately because they fully well know this.

Also the only reason why after receiving the spirit one million times -which is a priestly requirement- and thus being under the will of the owner of said spirit, priests are child rapists is because they have received a demonic spirit.
>>
>>17885762
Pretty much this
>>
>>17885819
This isn't interesting.
>>
>>17886049

You have to be Christian. They eat this shit up.
>>
>>17885537
Don't get me wrong, Christianity is a shit religion ..
But that being said read from the bible, learn about the history and origins of the religion, what aspects were taken/borrowed from other older religions, study it. It's one of the easiest religions to learn about, and makes good practice for educating yourself about other religions and practises. Just approach it from a scholarly aspect. Do it for as many other religions and practices as well.

If the occult is your interest, look up the correlation and influence of Christianity in the occult. Find out about their intertwining history, because if you're getting into the occult your going to eventually see some aspects of christian influence.

If Christianity is too boring for you, your going to have a hell of a time with some of the even more boring and straight up tedious aspects of researching the occult.
>>
>>17885878
That is just your interpretation of the testimate. You are part of a cult that believes Jesus was God and not just the Chosen Son.
>>
>>17886052
You're *
You're *
Fuck, twice.
Or don't listen to my advise because I'm basically illiterate.
>>
>>17885537
LaVeyan Satanism is very interesting
>>
>>17886052
This is the post OP needs
>>
>>17886063

I thought it was meh, myself.
>>
>>17886049
It's not interesting because it is common knowledge. You can tell who isn't a true Christian or who hasn't read the bible by who demonize Judas. Judas sacrificed just as much when he and Jesus staged the crucifixion. That Jesus went on willingly is just the story. That fact isn't terribly interesting.
>>
>>17885537
>Wants discipline
>"oh, but X practice is too boring xD"

Yeah, have fun.
>>
>>17886066
Is this op ?
Didn't like the post.
lol, was it too "boring" for you?
>>
>>17886084

No, not OP, but I'm not seeing what studying the origins of Christianity is going to do for you and my studies of the occult have been far more interesting than what I've learned of Christianity. At best, Anon didn't seem to grasp the subject very well.
>>
>>17885537

http://www.richardcarrier.info/BooksbyRichardCarrier.html#SAG
>>
>>17885537
>Christianity is boring
Hate to tell you this, but if you think Christianity is boring then religion probably isn't for you. It's probably one of the least theologically dry religions out there, with rich exoteric and esoteric traditions.
>>
>>17886098
Dude, I'm not a Jew or a Muslim or Christian, but the abrahamic God has a lot of ties into esotericism and the occult.

You don't need to research Judaism and Christianity, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to understand the religions before understanding their ties to the occult. As for the origins, the origins of both of those religions have adopted key characters from previous ancient religions. You see a lot of them when researching the occult, and learning of the different portrayals of them could be useful. And just knowing about different religions in general isn't a bad thing.

I'm not an expert though, it was just helpful to me and even though it's boring it could be for the op.
>>
Religion is a trick. Christ never wanted what christianity has become. There isn't only one god there are several. 90% of ”demons” are not demons. Do what you will with this information.
>>
>>17886238
>You see a lot of them when researching the occult,

I see a lot of bullshit about the origins of Christianity, especially among occultists and wannabes. Most of the claims about "key characters from previous ancient religions" are laughably stupid.
>>
Templar and freemasonry duh.

They are so evil they cloth their naked villainy with odd old ends stolen forth from holy writ and seem a saint, when most they play the devil
>>
>>17886060
yeah I agree Satanism is not as bad as many people make it seem. I myself started getting in to it. Try it Op.
>>
>>17885537
Anthroposophy
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.