[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cicada 3301 regularly selected very strange locations for their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Cicada 3301 regularly selected very strange locations for their signs, but few seem more "WTF?" at first glance than picking Little Rock, Arkansas.

Not much going on there, right? Most Cicada locations seem to be in major cities, near major government or global elite facilities. But not this one.

It always baffled me. But then tonight I was looking at the map, and I noticed:

> 34.7477910, -92.2690863

is only 2 blocks from the Clinton Foundation's main office in Little Rock, and less than a mile from the Clinton Library.

/x/'s thoughts?
>>
>>17884707
They love Green, One Thinks
>>
Seems if you whack Cicada once or twice with a stick you can get it to relate to whatever you want.
>>
>>17884707
>

I am a researcher who was exploring the world of conspiracies, specifically relating to the occult. Upon reading up quite a bit on Cicada, I visited the Wikipedia page, and found many of the references they've made were purple links - it struck me as very odd, that so many of the literary works/concepts I have been researching are apparently essential to Cicada 3301's philosophies.

> Secrecy and Chasing Rabbit-Holes

It is no surprise - the entire Cicada intrigue revolves around the unknown. They offer an epiphany for those who are worthy enough to decipher their cryptic messages and complete their challenges. In a general sense, this is a framework utilized by secret societies and even cults to create a sense of belonging and superiority.

Why is this relevant? As you continue to read, you will find numerous references to other prominent societies and cults throughout history. Also, it is peculiar that a secret group offering a secret insight/epiphany, searching for "highly intelligent individuals", would do so in such a way that only targets people familiar in decryption and cryptography. Intelligence is a very broad term and there are numerous types of intelligence - someone who is fluent in computer programming may, for example, be incredibly unintelligent in other facets of the world. This isn't to downplay the obvious brilliance of people in those fields - but if Cicada's true goal is enlightenment, why go about it in such a way that targets such a specific, niche group in society?
>>
> Referenced Works
Perhaps the biggest flashing light was the mention of Aleister Crowley. In brief summary, he is perhaps the most famous occultist of the 20th century, whose book Liber AL vel legis (or The Book of the Law) was written after a supposed meeting with a deity named Aiwass while on a honeymoon in Egypt. This book is referenced by Cicada, and they have even named their own work Liber Primus. Crowley went on to be a prominent member of Ordo Templi Orientis, an esoteric cult with parallels to Satanism (Crowley referred to himself as "the Beast" and named himself Baphomet, the image of the Sabbatical Goat.) O.T.O. reached the Americas and had a following in California, and L. Ron Hubbard, founder of Dianetics and Scientology, was at one point a member. Hubbard himself was inspired to create Scientology after failed bouts with A.A. and reading Self-Reliance by Ralph Waldo Emerson - another work referenced in the Cicada saga

Cicada also utilizes much of the work of William Blake, an artist and writer who was considered eccentric during his time for his idiosyncratic views on religion and society. Gödel, Escher, Bach by Douglas Hofstadter is another good example of this otherworldly relation - the author describes the book's subject matter as "how cognition emerges from hidden neurological mechanisms."

The more you read on the works Cicada has referenced, there is a common theme - much of it appeals to the expansion of the mind and pursuing a deeper understanding of oneself. While these are positive goals for a human being to aspire to - history tells us when certain groups offer such things those who seek it, their motivations are sometimes far from benevolent. Scientology is a prime example of this - I am not accusing Cicada of being a bunch of Scientologists, but the broader notion of promising higher understanding is commonplace in many 'secret societies' throughout history. And the people behind Cicada, by its very definition, are a 'secret society'.
>>
>>17884757
Also important to note - I'm not sure specifically what the Cicada 3301 logo is. But from my personal research, Project Monarch isn't too far-fetched to be related. Also, Crowley's Liber 81 is called The Butterfly Net - linked for your further reading.)

> LOCATIONS OF CLUES

As I read the list of cities on the Wikipedia site where Cicada had placed confirmed clues, more questions came to mind. The following cities I could simply categorize as being large urban areas, targeted mainly for their diversity, population, and relevance to the planet.

>Dallas, Texas
>Los Angeles, California
>Miami, Florida
>Moscow, Russia
>New Orleans, Louisiana
>Paris, France
>Portland, Oregon
>Seattle, Washington
>Warsaw, Poland
>Mexico City, Mexico
>Erskineville, Australia - a suburb of Sydney, Australia
>>
>>17884763
However, there are other locations on the list that seemed unusual. A little digging and I found some interesting similarities in the less populated locales -

>Annapolis, Maryland - Home of the U.S. Naval Academy
>Chino, California - Home of well-known prisons
>Columbus, Georgia - Location of Fort Benning, the U.S. Army Infantry School
>Fayetteville, Arkansas - Unsure, but home to the University of Arkansas
>Little Rock, Arkansas - Once again unsure - strange that two locations in Arkansas were chosen - but there are telecommunications companies based out of Little Rock, and the obvious Clinton associations.

AND AS OP POINTED OUT, LITERALLY 2 BLOCKS FROM CLINTON FOUNDATION HEADQUARTERS.

>Granada, Spain - Isabella and Ferdinand retook Granada from Muslim control in the Reconquista in 1492 - the same year Columbus arrived in the New World. Home of Alhambra
>Greenville, Texas - An otherwise small town whose #1 employer, by far, is L-3 Communications

from their Wikipedia page
>American company that supplies command and control, communications, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (C3ISR) systems and products, avionics, ocean products, training devices and services, instrumentation, space, and navigation products. Its customers include the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Government intelligence agencies, NASA, aerospace contractors and commercial telecommunications and wireless customers.

>Haleiwa, Hawaii - An otherwise small community, houses the airstrip of the only aircraft to successfully scramble in defense of Pearl Harbor
>Okinawa, Japan - Important during and after WWII as far as American military involvement. To this day they are still there despite fierce opposition from the locals.
Once again, I can not claim to know anything for sure. But I feel that it is equally, if not more important, to examine the above information - the little information we DO have outside from the messages Cicada distributes.
>>
>>17884771
CONCLUDING QUESTIONS

By now you must think I'm just crazy/paranoid, so I apologize. Here are my questions to this community that arise from the information above.

>Why does Cicada claim to seek highly-intelligent individuals, but only those with a deep understanding of mathematics, cryptography, data security? Why target such a niche intelligence?

> Why do so many of their literary and philosophical allusions point to anarchy, self-liberation, and self-discovery while remaining secretive and exclusive - much like modern cults and secret societies do?

>Most clues turning up in the physical world were in highly populated, major cities. Why were the smaller cities included, and why are most of them directly tied to the American military?

PERSONAL OPINIONS/CONCLUSIONS

>Cicada 3301 is not a government organization.

>Cicada 3301 is taking advantage of what I call "The Matrix delusion" - preying upon high-aptitude, technologically intelligent individuals who may be lacking in their social lives, and would respond well to chasing some mysterious higher truth that Cicada offers

>Cicada 3301's 'epiphany' is not secretive at all - everything one could wish to discover about the universe can be found through introspection and contemplation. Groups promising a connection to the higher power are usually bogus.

I know this was all over the place but I feel like I've presented enough starting points for conversation. I will continue my research and hopefully hear some legitimate opposition to my assertions. Thanks for reading.
>>
>>17884748
>>17884757
>>17884763
>>17884771
>>17884780

tl:Dr

Could someone boil all that down to like five words max, and place those words on a funny picture so the info is accessible?
>>
>>17884802

Or you could just read it.
>>
File: 1448519495073.png (207KB, 380x298px) Image search: [Google]
1448519495073.png
207KB, 380x298px
>>17884802
here you go friendo
>>
>>17884824

Thanks Bro! You're the best!
>>
>>17884729

>the only rational post in a cicada thread in 5 years
>>
>>17884831
I try. Honestly.
Be sure to suck my dick, marketing marketing also my dick needs sucking.
I'd love to care about marketing but my dick needs sucking more.
>>
>>17884824

I never understand this hypothesis. They've spent 5 years building up a marketing scheme for... what?
>>
>>17884987
not built up, ongoing
hiring 4chan hackers probably
>>
>>17884994

but if it's a marketing scheme, which is the hypothesis to which I'm replying, then it is 5 years of building up for some eventual something... not a very effective marketing scheme.

if it's a recruiting effort, as the creators state, then it does make sense... but it's not a "marketing scheme" as was proposed by this anon:

>>17884824
>>
>>17885129
marketing and recruiting are two sides of the same coin.
recruiting for a firm is the same as marketing for that firm.
thanks for the double (You)
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.