[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /x/, I've been thinking a lot lately and I wonder if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (35KB, 749x946px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
35KB, 749x946px
Hey /x/, I've been thinking a lot lately and I wonder if this will be someday feasible.

Technology is advancing so rapidly, they are already working on technology that will stop ageing. They say the first human that will be made immortal has already been born.

Cloning is becoming a more and more realistic prospect.

In the future we will be able to travel into space and colonise planets.

Do you think that in the distant future (like, 3,000 years from now.), will they be able to resurrect everybody who has ever lived using cloning whether it be by cloning as we know it now, or some new technology we can't even concieve of as of now? Due to all the excess space now that we can find new planets to inhabit, there won't be an over-crowding problem.

Do you think the prospect of everybody coming back might happen in the distant future?

Is there even a reason to fear death as of now?

They say that nothing is impossible with science.
>>
Not sure if it's an answer you're looking for, but I sure hope we don't find a way to bring back the dead. And I don't mean I in a "zombie apocalypse" way, either. Like, actual resurrection along with immortality.
The way I see it, if people aren't allowed (in the lack of a better word) to die, the world's population will grow exponentially, leading to situations like famine, for example. There eventually won't be enough food to pass around at the rate we have grown accustomed to, leading to scenarios where people will have to fight each other for food. Country against country, neighbor against neighbor. Now, this was just an example, but even it made me shiver.
Too many people is a bad thing, let alone the fact that more people are being born everyday.

Maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but I really hope we can keep the flow of people in this world going steady.
>>
>>17870950
Maybe if they allowed people to become immortal, but reproduction to only be allowed in approved circumstances.
>>
>>17870839
>resurrecting people via cloning

Sounds like you don't know how cloning works, son.
>>
>>17870950
But by the time they've invented immortality and resurrection, I'm sure they'll have found a way to make an infinite food source, like replicators in Star Trek.
>>
>>17871452
Then what would be the fun in the art of the cream pie? You always get a rush from wondering wether or not you're a daddy. No, but really, that would be something on the border of "is our freedom not sacred?", don't you think?
Something like that is bound to rustle some jimmies.

>>17871515
I sure as hell hope we find how to acheive that BEFORE anything else. That, and terraforming
>>
That'd be stupid unless you're resurrecting a hot chick, because cloning is about reproducing the body, not the thoughts, feelings, ideas and all that shit we call soul
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.